Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Call to Peace (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Call to Peace (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Call to Peace (Closed)   Call to Peace (Closed) EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 18:34

Clearshine remembered that fateful day with stunning accuracy. The pained cry of the RiverClan apprentice, his blood soaking the snow, but most importantly, the oath he had made to StarClan that day. So far, he had lived up to half of it. Since that day, he had not hurt another cat, or even lifted his claws to fight for any reason. But that was only half of what he said. That he would do his best to make sure no cat would hurt another cat. With that part of his promise, he had yet to complete. Cats still fought daily, over petty border disputes. The reason for this violence seemed clear. Tension between the clans. The journey to the mountains had brought the clans closer together, but they were once again drifting further apart. And the bigger that the divide grew, the fights increase. The lack of peace seemed to be due to the lack of understanding between the five clans. If he didn't do anything to try to fix that, than he would be breaking the promise he had made to his warrior ancestors moons ago. The solution was all at once clear to him. He would have to connect with cats from other clans. By finding other like-minded individuals across the borders, he could bring them together and create understanding. Cats from all clans could come together to create peace. And eventually, even if just a few cats from each clan joined, the ideas and understanding would spread to all clan cats. And maybe then there could be peace.
The revelation came to him while eating a sparrow outside of the warrior's den. All at once Clearshine knew exactly what he needed to do. This wasn't some grand idea he had that would never come into action. He needed to act on these ideas, and as soon as possible. But it would be hard to get cats from other clans to listen to him if he didn't have anyone from his own clan on his side. Out of the entire clan, he knew there was one cat who he considered his friend. He used to think of Tinystar as a friend, but that mutual respect had ended moons ago. Now there was only Amberdawn, the medicine cat who he knew would listen to him. After his fight (he still hated to use that word) had ended, she had helped him and listened to him. She shared his ideal of spreading peace through the clans. If any cat would listen to him about his dream of peace across the clans, it would be her. As a medicine cat, she would be very helpful in spreading the word as well. Cats in all clans had at least a small bit of automatic respect for all medicine cats, regardless of what clan they're from. Quickly finishing his sparrow, he quickly stood up and disposed of the bones. Now he had a clear purpose, and a specific goal to complete. Stretching out his paws, he began to pad over to the medicine den.
"Amberdawn, can I speak with you?" Clearshine asked, poking his head into the medicine den. The scent of herbs never seemed to fail to bring a smile to his face, the earthy and natural smells calming him since he was a kit. Plants had such a regal sort of beauty that reminded him of how good the world could be. Sometimes, if cats spent less time fighting and more time observing, everyone could be happier. Both from realizing what a wondrous world they all lived in, and a new appreciation for the good in all the cats around them.

Call to Peace (Closed) Signat10

Last edited by Squirrelnose on Mon 8 Jul 2019 - 13:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Call to Peace (Closed)   Call to Peace (Closed) EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 7:53

Sunlight filtered through the trees and dappled the forest floor with light, making small shadows wriggle like fish over the earth. Though the medicine cat's den was mostly shaded, Amberdawn could feel the warmth of greenleaf showing its power. The she-cat had pulled all the herbs from their hiding places and checked how they were holding up, removing ones which were too withered to be of any further use. Once they were sorted she reached her paws into the holes that held them, checking for moisture or drafts, since either could ruin an entire batch of herbs and the Clan couldn't afford that at the moment. The forest was still recovering from the flood in more ways than one, and all the medicine cat could really do was tend to things which needed help. She was stooped over the herbs she'd sorted, double-checking her work, when a kind voice called for her.

Amberdawn looked over her shoulder to see a silver-and-white tabby peering into the entrance. "Clearshine! Of course, come in," she mewed warmly, standing upright and turning to face him with her attentive gaze. "What can I do for you? Are you feeling alright?" The young warrior held a special place in her heart, for he had decided as a young apprentice that he never wanted to cause or allow pain to be inflicted by others or himself. He had taken the warrior vow and would almost certainly die for his Clan, as Amberdawn herself would if the situation called for it, but he would never raise a paw to another cat even in self-defense. It was admirable, and she supported his choice.

Call to Peace (Closed) VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

PostSubject: Re: Call to Peace (Closed)   Call to Peace (Closed) EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 14:24

"I am feeling quite fine, thank you," Clearshine mewed politely, stepping fully into the medicine den. While the sight of the herbs laid out threatened to steal some of his attention, he had a mission to complete that required his full focus. This was important, and even the most beautiful of sights couldn't distract him from such a noble cause. "I have noticed how violence seems to be so prominent between the clans. I had believed the journey had brought the clans closer, but that bond seems to be giving way ever so quickly. As I have told you, I made a promise moons ago to do my best to stop violence. Due to that, I cannot simply sit idly by while all this violence occurs. I have done that for long enough." As usual, his voice had a deep poetic tone to it, but as he continued held a small bit of regret. Even just waiting this long to begin something like this felt like breaking his promise. But he couldn't dwell on that, the past could not be changed. All he had to do was make sure he did something to help now. It was strange how much this felt like his purpose in the world. As if it was what he was born to do. The idea that creating peace could be his destiny had a poetic ring to it, and he could already imagine adding it to one of his poems. It would go nicely with a metaphor of a field of poppies, or maybe daisies. No, he could think of that later. Right now was for beginning to make a change in the world.
"I have an idea of a multi-clan peace group. Where we can bring cats from different clans together, teaching them how to work together and how to solve disputes without violence. It could minimize violence between the clans, and spread ideas of peace and friendship. I'm sure there would be many cats throughout the clans who would agree with something like that, and all I need to do is to spread the word." After speaking, Clearshine let out a breath. It felt so incredibly relieving to have finally shared his idea with someone, especially Amberdawn. Now he was beginning to at least try to do something to bring peace and stop violence. It was what he needed to do, what he lived to do, and finally he had began the journey. Once started, it would be so much easier to continue. "Do you think that would be wise? Because I am here to ask for your help. It would be so much more efficient for two cats to spread the word, and everyone respects medicine cats. And I know you're a good cat, and just having your moral support would make this so much easier."

Call to Peace (Closed) Signat10
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Call to Peace (Closed)   Call to Peace (Closed) EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 19:41

Clearshine entered the medicine den fully and Amberdawn dipped her head to welcome him, ready to check over a wound if he so asked, but he stated he was fine. "I'm happy to hear that," she replied. She began turning away from him, back towards her collection of herbs, and mewed breezily, "Please, make yourself at home. What's on your mind?" She reached her paws down and began gently picking up piles of herbs to place back in their cubby holes as Clearshine spoke. She hadn't expected him to bring up such a serious subject, but she didn't mind. She simply settled herself into a more serious demeanor, listen contemplatively as he spoke about how peace seemed to be slipping from the Clans slowly.

Amberdawn had felt it at the last medicine cat meeting, but perhaps she was only projecting her feelings about how Mintwhisker had ghosted her. The message from StarClan about ShadowClan's death had been chilling, and the medicine cat feared that more ill news was coming. She placed her fourth pile of herbs in its proper home as Clearshine stated, "I cannot simply sit idly by while all this violence occurs. I have done that for long enough." In fact, she did remember his promise quite clearly; she's treated his wounds in this very den. From the sounds of it, he had barely laid a claw on the other cat while his opponent hadn't held back. The other cat subscribed whole-heartedly to the warrior life, and neither Clearshine nor Amberdawn could understand it.

The golden tabby glanced over her shoulder, dark eyes glimmering with interest, as the silvery tom continued on and spoke of an idea of a peace group between the Clans. Amberdawn nodded once and turned back to finish tucking her plants away while Clearshine drew to a close. He asked her view and she turned to him, sitting to lick the pungent herb residues off her paws as she thought for a moment. "So many cats could benefit from just learning how to communicate," she mused quietly. He asked for her help, and she blushed slightly at his endorsement.

"You flatter me, Clearshine," Amberdawn chuckled, reaching a paw out to nudge him good-naturedly. "I would love to help, if I can. I'm not sure I am as influential as you seem to think, but I could try. Tell me more - I'd love to know some of your ideas. It's so easy for us medicine cats to keep civil, most of the time; surely it couldn't be that difficult for warriors to do the same?"

Call to Peace (Closed) VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call to Peace (Closed)   Call to Peace (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Call to Peace (Closed)
Page 1 of 1