Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You've Got A Friend In Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amess

Amess

Characters : Grayleaf(G), Mistystripe(M),Cedarkit (C)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 198

You've Got A Friend In Me Empty
PostSubject: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 14:10

Graypaw sat in her nest in the apprentice's den. She had just finished getting ticks off of the elders, and was now taking a break before training. Being an apprentice was a lot different than being a kit, and many of the other apprentices were so much older than her. Aside from Galepaw, she was the youngest apprentice in the Clan, and it was rather intimidating for the young she cat. She could only imagine how much worse it was for Galepaw. She wondered how the young apprentice was coping with the sudden change. IT had not been long after her own ceremony that Galepaw had his, who knew, maybe she could find a friend in him, since he was so close to her own age. She looked around for the younger apprentice, wondering if she could spot him in the den.

ThunderClan           WindClan                        RiverClan 

Tier 2 Warrior   Medicine Cat Apprentice         Unborn Kit

Signature Art by the wonderful Kade/Jade
Back to top Go down
http://clansoflegend.forumotion.com
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 14:35

With Grayk—Graypaw in the apprentice den, being the oldest kit in the nursery had gotten boring before it had even begun. Even having a new sibling to deal with hadn’t helped. Galepaw had been glad to accept his new name and responsibilities just for the sake of doing something. That he would see all his old denmates hadn’t occurred to him until his first night in the apprentices’ den. Somewhere between picking out his less-than-ideal nest space and curling up restlessly in an attempt to sleep, he’d spotted a distinctive pelt. There weren’t many apprentices who looked like Graypaw.

Emberheart kept him busy, and there was a lot to learn, but, today, Galepaw had managed to find some free time. He poked his way into the fern grove that made up his new den—and stopped short. ”Graypaw?” Who else could it be? Galepaw padded over, wrinkling his nose as he sat near Graypaw's nest. It was faint, but he knew that smell from the least exciting of his own duties. ”...Did Lynxtail make you help the elders?”

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 21:04

Graypaw chuckled a little. "Yeah....I am guessing you smell the mouse bile." She stuck her tongue out. "That stuff is gross!" She smiled, looking at Galepaw. "What about you? Has Emberheart kept you on your paws? How do you like being an apprentice anyway. We finally have our freedom, so that is something!" Freedom. The word itself was sour in Graypaw's mind. As a kit, she had yearned for freedom, most kits do. Now she wished she could be back in the nursery, listening to her mother's tales.

After waiting for an answer, Graypaw decided to change the subject. "You know, I heard that mentors make their apprentices do the things they don't want to do. That is why we are the ones taking care of the elders. What do you think?"

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 19:14

He grimaced in sympathy. ”Ugh, it sticks to your paws forever.” Thankfully, Graypaw seemed as happy as he was to leave that topic behind; Galepaw knew he’d be back in the elders’ den before long, but the less he had to think about that, the better. ”For sure. Yesterday, she took me to the Thunderpath.” This was said in a tone better suited to a cat who’d just been promoted to deputy. There had been other parts of the tour, but the Thunderpath especially, as both the first place he’d visited and the one he was absolutely not allowed to return to, had stuck in his mind. ”It’s busy, but anything beats the nursery.”

Galepaw wound his tail around his paws, tilting his head as he thought. He'd never known his mother to be the type to slack off, a quality he was increasingly glad for the older he got; in that sense, he wasn't too different. ”Emberheart’s not like that. Is Lynxtail?” Regardless of his once-again denmate’s answer, he plowed on. ”It’s because we’re small, so we’re the best at seeing ticks.” This was, of course, a complete guess, but it seemed plausible to him. "And a few of them are lazy," he meowed with a quick nod. Sure, he only knew a pawful of ThunderClan's warriors, but he couldn't blame anyone for wanting to skip out on mouse bile.

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 23:05

"No, Lynxtail is really cool! Although we are yet to tour the territory. Or leave camp for that matter." She admitted. It was embarrassing knowing a younger apprentice left camp before she had the chance, but Lynxtail had his reasons, right? Surely he didn't forget he needed to train her on things! "And I think they have us do the bad things to teach us responsibility." She stated, going back to the original topic.

"So you said you got to see the thunderpath? Was it as scary as I have heard?" She tilted her head in curiosity. She wanted to hear what it was really like. She had never been outside of camp before, so she wanted to know what it was like before she went out on her own. She didn't like being left in the dark on things like that.

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 13:44

Graypaw’s answer made as much sense as his own, plus it sounded more in line with Emberheart’s way of thinking. ”That’s no fun,” Galepaw meowed, not sure whether he was referring to Graypaw’s statement or Lynxtail’s apparent determination to put off Graypaw’s territory tour. ”But seeing all of ThunderClan is the best part! It’s so much bigger than camp, you know.” By the end of his own tour, his paws had begun to hurt; they were still a little sore now. Galepaw waved one as if to demonstrate this point. ”You should ask him. Maybe he forgot.”

Being Galepaw, he jumped at the chance to describe one of the things he’d seen. ”It was weird. It smelled worse than mouse bile. We didn’t see any monsters, though…” That was the sole reason he wanted to return: He would see a monster for himself before he became an elder if it killed him. All right, maybe he didn’t need to see one that badly—but it was a close thing. The tabby paused, dark eyes narrowing as an idea took shape. ”What if,” he started, ”you left camp with me? We wouldn’t have to see the Thunderpath”at least, not now, he nearly added—”but Emberheart said I could go out as long as I’m not alone.” Granted, that probably wasn’t what Emberheart had meant, but in Galepaw’s eyes, her acknowledgement that he was just about guaranteed to sneak out was as good as permission.

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 2:54

“It is no fun at all.” She responded, lying down. She hated being stuck in camp. “Is the territory really that big? And Lynxtail didn’t forget. I talked to him today about it. He promised we would leave camp.”

“It smelled worse than mouse bile”
Graypaw couldn't help but laugh at this statement. Smell worse than mouse bile? How? “You have gotta be joking!” She exclaimed, still laughing. “Nothing smells worse than mouse bile! The day I see something that does will be the day cats fly!”

“What if you left camp with me?”
“Left camp? I mean, yeah, I would love to! But how will we get out without being caught? We can’t just trot out the entrance and expect not to be seen. And you may have permission, but what about Lynxtail? He will flip if he found out I did this with you!”

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptyFri 21 Jun 2019 - 21:11

”It’s so big that it borders three whole Clans.” Which ones, Galepaw…mostly remembered. He knew one of them had a Tinystar and the other had one of the biggest cats in the whole forest, which were the parts that had struck him as most important. ”My paws hurt by the end of it.” His ears flicked back at the sound of laughter. ”I'm serious! We didn’t even get that close, but it was still awful.” The excited shine to his eyes, undimmed by Graypaw's disbelief, somewhat undercut his reaffirmation of how bad the Thunderpath’s scent was. ”If Lynxtail’s really going to give you a tour, he might take you to see it.”

Graypaw brought him right back down to earth. Galepaw personally wasn’t sure how much he cared about a potential scolding, depending on who was delivering it, but he would avoid one given the choice. If he found out,” he said, a touch indignant. ”If we went out early enough, we might only have to dodge the dawn patrol…” Of course, that would mean waking up on time, and then… Galepaw was realizing just how much workshopping his plan needed. Graypaw was a harder sell than he’d expected. Still, she’d said she wanted to leave; that alone made her his best chance to find a companion in his exploring, at least for now. Finally, the tabby sighed. ”I’m still working on it.”

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 14:23

Graypaw rolled her eyes. "It couldn't have been that bad." She said. She still didn't believe what Galepaw stated, and believed he was exaggerating his stories. "You are a great entertainer though!" The she cat couldn't help but laugh at her own joke. Yes, it was probably a little mean, but it wasn't like she was trying to be a bully. She was actually a generally nice cat!

"I'm still working on it."
Graypaw thought for a moment. "What if we left at night? Then we wouldn't have any patrols to avoid. We would also be a lot more hidden under the cover of darkness." She looked at Galepaw, excited to have come up with something. "So what do you think? Might be worth a shot?"

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 21:51

Oh, that stung. Galepaw’s indignance only grew when Graypaw rolled her eyes at him. ”How about this,” he meowed, trying to raise his voice over her laughter, ”when Lynxtail shows you the Thunderpath and you find out I’m right, you owe me the biggest squirrel in the fresh-kill pile. Wait—the biggest squirrel in the forest.” He knew he was right, but it mattered quite a lot that Graypaw also knew that.

Judging by her sudden silence, Graypaw had an idea of her own. ”That’s…not bad.” Better than his dawn patrol idea, though he’d die before admitting as much. ”Most cats would be asleep…” Galepaw gave it another moment’s thought, then nodded, confidence restored. Maybe this was the chance he’d been looking for! Emberheart would be…maybe not proud of him, but she’d be happy he was listening to her. Hopefully. ”Once Emberheart teaches me how to fight and Lynxtail teaches you how to fight, we should go!”

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:03

Graypaw stood up. "There we go! We've got ourselves a date!" Her eyes then widened as she realized what she just said. "Er, I mean, not a date, like, it's not like I like you, I mean, I do! You are cool and all. I just. I don't like like you. Er, you know what I mean!" She sat down again, flustered. She really needed to learn how to choose her words. That was just embarrassing. "Sorry bout that." She said, trying to laugh it off. "Well, it seems we have ourselves a plan." She revised. That sounded much better than what she had said before. Graypaw was certainly awkward when at times, that was for sure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You've Got A Friend In Me   You've Got A Friend In Me Empty

Back to top Go down

You've Got A Friend In Me
Page 1 of 1