Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

fresh start [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

fresh start [closed] Empty
PostSubject: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 14:44

It was Daylily's first day as Sagepaw's mentor. He had been assigned to her under rather unusual circumstances - his former mentor, Nightstorm, had been exiled from SkyClan, and a mentor had been necessary for Sagepaw to continue his training. He was her first apprentice, but she was confident in her abilities. She hadn't yet decided if Mistyrain giving her an already-trained apprentice meant she trusted her, or that she didn't have full confident?

The sun was just peeking over the horizon, and it was a perfect time to go hunting. The young warrior approached the apprentice den, poking her head inside. "Sagepaw!" she called softly, so as not to wake any apprentices who didn't need to be. "Get up, it's time to go on patrol." She withdrew from the den and trotted towards the camp entrance at a leisurely pace. As a mentor, she wanted to jump right in. Sagepaw had already been trained by Nightstorm, but had not yet completed his apprenticeship, so of course she needed to assess his skills and see how far he was in his training. Today, she wanted to start off by taking him hunting.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptySat 8 Jun 2019 - 13:18

Among the ambient noises of the morning, Sagepaw's poor hearing almost missed Daylily's soft call into the apprentices' den. A voice did seep through his sleepy haze though and caught his attention. He blinked his eyes open, squinting out into the opening of the den to see his new mentor. The sandy tom got to his feet and stretched. "Coming, Daylily!" he answered back, trying to keep his voice quiet but earning a few annoyed grumbles from his denmates anyway. It took him a few minutes but he soon trotted towards the she-cat, giving her an expectant look even though he couldn't really see her the closer he got to her. Sagepaw gave her a wide, friendly smile, his tail up and alert. "Hello! It's a nice morning, isn't it? I'm so glad to be back home...What are we doing today?"

fresh start [closed] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 16:03

She gave him a few moments to reach her, and nodded at his words. "You're right. It's a lovely morning. We're going to go hunting. I know you've already been trained some, but I need to see where you are in your training." She flicked her tail towards the camp entrance. "Let's get going, we don't want any border patrols scaring all the prey away before we get to it," Daylily mewed.

She led Sagepaw at a steady pace through the forest, stopping not too far into the familiar territory. "We'll start here, and keep moving that way as we need to," she instructed, her ears twitching in the direction of the ThunderClan border. "Why don't you start? I'd like to see you make a catch."

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 10:13

Sagepaw followed closely after his new mentor, squinting to try and take in all the details of her pelt and the way she carried herself. He tried his best to keep his voice low, as to not scare away any prey. "Nightstorm said I was making good progress before he left. I don't know if you know this but I have some, uh...sensory issues. At least, that's what my mom and Mintwhisker like to call them. So my training took a little longer than usual. But hopefully I'll become a warrior soon!"

He almost bumped right into her when she stopped. Shaking his head to clear it, he backed up a bit and focused on his surroundings for any sort of prey he could find. His eyesight and hearing weren't the greatest so instead he had an excellent sense of smell and opened his mouth slightly to take in all the scents he could. There was a rustling in the underbrush nearby and he turned to it. Was it prey, or just the wind? There was a flash of movement and a bird hopped out onto the ground, looking for worms. Sagepaw crept towards it, watching his footing to make sure he was silent. He sprung with a surprising amount of force towards the bird, claws outstretched. There was a squeak as they sunk into the flesh and he bit down hard on its neck, killing it. The apprentice stood there for a moment taking in his victory, then turned towards Daylily, grinning through the bird in his mouth. "How'd I do?"

Sagepaw caught 1 piece of prey, using -3 stamina.
15/15 HP
47/50 SP (-3)

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 13:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15022

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 10:13

The member 'Aspen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

fresh start [closed] Mistpe10
fresh start [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptySun 14 Jul 2019 - 21:26

ooc; i really really suck im so sorry ;;

"Sensory issues?" she asked thoughtfully. "Mistyrain didn't warn me, but... as long as you're working hard to stay on track there shouldn't be an issue. And Nightstorm was a skilled warrior," Daylily added begrudgingly. Nightstorm was no longer a SkyClan cat, and therefore no longer a Clanmate whom she could openly praise. The apprentice bumped into her as she stopped without warning, and she did her best to mask concern. She hadn't given him notice, after all, but still, prey wouldn't give him any notice either. She would have to wait and see how he did.

To her surprise, though, he made his first catch with ease. "That was good," she praised the apprentice. "Your former mentor taught you well." Taking her turn, Daylily caught on to the scent of a bushy-tailed squirrel. She crept towards it and leaped, disappearing quickly into the trees in pursuit. She returned only moments later, her catch dangling from her jaws. "Why don't you try one more time before we return to camp?" she prompted Sagepaw.

Daylily
117/120 SP

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Mon 15 Jul 2019 - 6:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptySun 14 Jul 2019 - 21:26

The member 'Ruskavelle' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptyFri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:44

"Yeah," he mewed in response. "Mintwhisker says I'm 'far-sighted' and also I'm partially deaf. I got it from my parents. It's okay though, I'm managing just fine!" He smiled reassuringly at her, letting the comment about Nightstorm go over his head. He really liked Nightstorm as a mentor and resented him for leaving the clan and his apprentice behind.

Putting his bird in a safe place so they could bring it back to camp later, he sat and watched Daylily make a quick catch of a squirrel. "Whoa, good catch! Sure, I'll try again. Let's turn our two pieces of prey into three!" Sagepaw waded into the brush, trying to make as little noise as possible. The scent of another squirrel hit his nose and he crept over to where it was sitting, oblivious to his presence. Finally it noticed him and he leapt for it, hoping his aim was right. Unfortunately the squirrel just managed to evade his claws and shot up a tree, hiding deep in the leaves. He landed on the ground with a huff, frowning to himself before he made his way back to Daylily. "Sorry, that one got away."

Sagepaw attempted to catch 1 piece of prey, using 3 stamina.

Sagepaw
15/15 HP
44/50 SP (-3)

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] EmptyFri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:44

The member 'Aspen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fresh start [closed]   fresh start [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

fresh start [closed]
Page 1 of 1