Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Fresh Start, Now with More Competition! Everybody is Participating.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

A Fresh Start, Now with More Competition! Everybody is Participating. Empty
PostA Fresh Start, Now with More Competition! Everybody is Participating.

When I'm grown up and need to work for a living, I want to be a teacher. I have been making observations for a long time now, mainly because I have always wanted to be a teacher, and being a teacher requires knowing little things about kids that other adults don't, such as what motivates them to work. I've noticed that kids are more focused when there is a prize in sight, such as some candy for winning a game in class (I lost, by the way). Here, on this site, people go wild for free pictures, and I know some of you would go to near-drastic measures to gain a rank of higher authority.

What if I told you that you could?

Jay and I have been discussing ways of getting people to follow the rules better. Sometimes, people simply don't follow them because it's more exciting to not follow rules. But this causes situations to get out of hand, where we can no longer control them professionally, and people become frustrated. There does not seem to be a way to stop this, but we may have come up with the solution.

Everybody is starting at zero points. Whenever a mod or admin sees you choosing to follow the rules when you have a different option, you get a point. For example- You're on chat, and trying to figure something out. Somebody says something that appears offensive. You can either a) get really mad and flame them, or b) politely ask them to reword it or be nicer to you. If you choose the latter, hey, have a free point! :D

However, if you choose to get angry and flame them, we will take away a point. It is possible for you to get into the negatives, which would not be good.

At the end of every 3 months, we will see where everybody is with their points, and we will assign prizes based on who has the most points.

1st Place - Chatbox mod for a day and a free picture

2nd Place - RP Mod for a day and a free picture

3rd Place - Free picture

Admins and mods are not participating.

Thinking this over, it sounds extremely childish to me. Some of you are probably thinking this as well. "What is the point of this? This is for little kids!" Maybe that's why we need to do this. The way things have been going lately shows that we need to be treated like little kids. We can't handle big things, so we'll handle little things for now. We will not be reopening the site until Kisa and I are absolutely sure everybody can handle it.

We're going to try and get everybody settled into their current lives, try to maintain a standard for what our lives should be, that sort of thing.

Anywho, the game is on! Good luck to everybody!

Last edited by Willowstream (Rain)~ on Thu 22 Mar 2012 - 16:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A Fresh Start, Now with More Competition! Everybody is Participating. :: Comments

Mods and Admins will be watching for good behavior. If you feel someone deserves a point for something, then you can PM us a screenshot or quote. :)
Ohohohoho~

WCC...
A Fresh Start, Now with More Competition! Everybody is Participating. Im%20watching%20you%20-%20copia
I like it. I, btw, also make observations e_o I dunno why, but randomly during class I get sidetracked sometimes and just think about why the people in my class don't know how to shut up... But yeah, I like the idea :3
This is a great idea! ...But how shall we keep track?
um..ok!

Sleepy: I was drinking when I read your post and laughed...diet coke came out meh nose.
I love the idea!
I'm agree! I won't want more people leaving, and anyways, I like following rules!
Yay!!! I feel like a little young kid now :feelingfree:. I WILL BE A GOOD BOY!! :herodummy:

have i done anything wrong so far, please give me an honest answer.
I don't believe you have, Bramble. And if you had, I'm sure you would know.

Everybody, just make sure you review all the rules! We might even give bonus points sometimes!
I love this idea! and I'll be a good girl that not a very good ring but it had uh darn...forgot
I'll be good! :D

wait i always am >:I

Lol this is a great idea. :D
lolwatMoon?
Have you looked at how old this topic is? cx
I've accidentally stumbled across this topic before. Don't blame him. Maybe we should un-Announcementize some of these.
I think we should delete some old announcements too...This forum is getting confusing. :P

A Fresh Start, Now with More Competition! Everybody is Participating.

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next