Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) Empty
PostSubject: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 16:49

Ferretpaw awoke to the sound of the wind whistling on the mountain peaks. She felt unstable and unsure on this strange territory. She was not used to heights. Though, she had to admit that the sunrise cast the most dazzling colors over the peaks. The pools left from weeks of heavy rain reflected the bright orange and pinks of the sky on this morning. As per the instructions of the clan leaders, she decided to show her gratitude by assisting their gracious mountain-climbing hosts. She approached an experienced-seeming warrior (or whatever the tribe preferred to call it) with a pretty white tabby coat and smiled cheerfully in her direction. From what she had come to understand, her full name was Echo of Shattered Ice, but her tribe members just called her Echo. How peculiar!

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you needed some prey in the cave?" she asked, "I don't know my way around these peaks, and I'd like to help if you'd be willing to guide me." She looked around quickly. "Perhaps there's some other Clanners who could pitch in, but I'm sure I can manage it on my own!"

Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 7:05

Echo had been enjoying the sunrise, admiring how the colored light of it sparkled off of the pools of collected water. She turned her head as she heard paw steps approaching, and smiled kindly in return to the to-be. "Good morning. Of course I would be willing to guide you, thank you for your offer to help." She purred in response. It would be nice to have one other join us, as there is safety in numbers, so let us wait for a little longer. It also gives the sun a chance to cut through the morning chill." She looked out towards the peaks, then back to Ferretpaw. "What is your name? Is there anything you might wish to know before we set off?"

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptySat 4 May 2019 - 13:02

"I'm Ferretpaw, of ThunderClan," she said, albeit a bit timidly. She looked out at the vast mountain range and felt worry claw at her heart. "I'm not used to heights, is all. We hunt in a forest, and it's mostly flat. Lots of cover from... birds. Eagles and hawks." Something about the mountains made her feel less like a hunter and more like the hunted. She was a small cat, and she could easily venture to say it was easy for a raptor to snatch her. Of course, the clans' hosts hunted them! Just her luck!

Ferretpaw's bad eye, clouded since she was a kit, also concerned her. She wasn't about to admit that to a strange cat. She didn't let anybody know that she was insecure, not even her fellow clanmates. In the beautiful territory she knew, she had no problem. It was familiar, and she had adapted to having unbalanced eyesight. However, she knew she had to be careful now. Not only would she have to focus on hunting and navigating, but now she had to focus on not falling.

Attempting to brush off the fears that plagued her, she smiled at her new hunting partner. "With an experienced prey-hunter to guide me, I should be safe. I have faith in your cla... erm, tribe's knowledge of the mountains."

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptyMon 6 May 2019 - 9:51

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Ferret Paw." Echo mewed warmly. Her head tilted slightly as the to-be mentioned the height, and she blinked in understanding. "The heights take some time to get used to, especially for those that are young. I know a place that is a bit more enclosed, if that would make you more comfortable. Although there aren't any trees still, there are some rock formations that you can use for cover." She waited quietly for a little longer as Ferretpaw seemed a little lost in her thoughts, before standing and shaking out her thick fur. Returning the smile with one of her own, she found that she quite liked this little to-be, she seemed eager to learn and try new things, regardless of her size. Nodding, she turned towards the entrance. "Alright, Ferret Paw, follow me then. We'll go to that enclosed space, and start there. I look forward to hunting with you."

Echo walked in relative silence, taking the trek through the mountainous region slowly, keeping a casual eye on the to-be behind her. After a little bit of walking, they reached the same area she had take Daisy Flame and the to-be Moss Paw, and relaxed a little bit. Casting a sharp gaze around the area, she noted some scuffling in a couple sunny corners of the flat stone, and she glanced skyward to check for birds. Once she knew the sky was clear, she gestured with her tail towards one of the rocks where some scuffling originated for Ferretpaw. Quietly, she leaned in and mewed to the apprentice. "Stay low, and keep the wind in your face. Place your paws carefully, and you won't have to worry about stones. I will circle around, and keep an eye on the skies, while you collect your prey. Strike quickly, and you'll be just fine. Do you have any questions?"

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 19:06

Ferretpaw was grateful for the gentle guidance of her hunting partner. She shook her head, as she had no questions with easy answers. In fact, Ferretpaw had too many questions to ask in a single afternoon. Her calm voice quelled the apprentice's uneasiness, and she dropped her body to the ground. This was where she belonged; She was a hunter of considerable skill.

Shutting her eyes to take in the strange smells of the mountains, she found the inviting scent of rodent blood. Her paws fell into a gentle rhythm. Hunting was a familiar dance to her, no matter where she was. She opened her mouth and let the mouse sent flow into her scent glands. Within the cracks of a rock, she heard the scratching of tiny feet. No sooner than she spotted ears did she pounce.

The mouse's body went limp quickly as she clamped it between her heavy paws and bit down. She loved the smell of freshkill. Turning to Echo with warm pride in her eyes, she set the kill aside to keep it safe. "I'm sure there'll be a few more hiding in the shade, at least!"

Last edited by Grizzly on Tue 7 May 2019 - 19:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 19:06

The member 'Grizzly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) Mistpe10
Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 20:05

Echo watched, keeping on eye on the skies, as the to-be fluidly dropped into a well-balanced hunting stalk. It wasn't long before Ferret Paw had skillfully stalked and successfully caught the prey, and Echo trotted up to the to-be and her catching, letting out a low purr. "Beautifully caught, Ferret Paw. You're a natural!" Warmth glimmered in her brown eyes before she gestured to a small crack in the rock before them. "You can store it in there for us to retrieve on the way home, if you would like."

Turning back to pinpoint some of the other scufflings, she pointed Ferretpaw to a small group of them, and motioned with her tail to another a small ways away. "If you would like to keep going, you can head over there and I can make my catches there - it seems the skies are free for the time being, so we should use what time we have wisely."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)   Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountain Too Big For She Gotdarn Legs (Hunting Party)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory :: Cave of Endless Skies-
Jump to: