Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Impending Sitewide Changes Poll

Go down 

Current Slots
4 Official Slots (1 per Clan max)
Impending Sitewide Changes Poll Vote_lcap31%Impending Sitewide Changes Poll Vote_rcap
 31% [ 12 ]
3 Official Slots (2 per Clan max)
Impending Sitewide Changes Poll Vote_lcap69%Impending Sitewide Changes Poll Vote_rcap
 69% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

Impending Sitewide Changes Poll Empty
PostImpending Sitewide Changes Poll

After reviewing the contents of the initial announcement pertaining to the slotting changes, found here, Staff has decided to move forward on the issue of limitations upon the current number of available slots. This has been the subject of debate within the team for an extended period of time, with both former and current Staff members being called upon to purpose potential ideas, but ultimately we believe this will greatly curb many issues WCC currently faces in regards to active characters, misuse of certain slots, and greatly imbalanced Clans.

But here's where things get interesting! Staff has come up with two official options: the option initially purposed by Staff, and the option that will be placed forward after the discussion that transpired in the original announcement. These two options are being placed to an official vote so that the general population of WCC can decide what they believe to be the most viable solution for the site as a whole. The decision that gathers the most votes will be the route that we pursue, so make sure that you take time to vote!

Voting will end Sunday, January 27 at 5:00PM Central Time!
Official results will be posted Sunday, January 27 at 7:00PM Central Time. The official results topic will serve as a discussion forum for members to address the pros and cons they encounter, as well as offer up any potential modifications that they would like to see.

Impending Sitewide Changes Poll Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity

Last edited by Seer on Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 20:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Impending Sitewide Changes Poll :: Comments

sumashira
Re: Impending Sitewide Changes Poll
Post Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 19:44 by sumashira
I am fine with slot limit changes, but several members including myself feel that limiting the number of characters per Clan per roleplayer is a decision hurtful to the existing player base. Mostly, we feel that limiting characters to one per Clan will make it so that no one can roleplay a kit of their own character in the same Clan. I think two should be the minimum limit just for the sake of bloodlines, no matter what we pick.

As a question, will existing characters be grandfathered in (say if someone had their 3 or 4 cats in one Clan come reboot time), or would everyone need to cut down to the limit of one or two in each Clan by the end of the reboot?

I completely understand that the limit will keep there from being too many characters in one Clan, but keeping litters possible is important too.

All this is mind is why I voted for three characters with two in one Clan, but I would still like to see the limit per Clan altered or removed. ^^;
Holly
Post Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 20:16 by Holly
I voted for three characters with two in one clan, solely because I'm most opposed to the limit of how many cats can be in one Clan after hearing everyone else's arguments against it.
Kari
Post Fri 25 Jan 2019 - 20:27 by Kari
I feel the same as Suma. Slot limits I'm 100% down for, and I feel it'll be a great way to soft reboot the site. However, I'm definitely not okay with the clan limits. I have plans after two out of my current three that I plan to keep are finished with their stories, which will probably be months, maybe even a year into the future, and those plans involve the temporary holding of three Shadowclan slots. Yosh as well currently plans to hold three SC slots after this change goes through, and I'm sure there's others.

Overall, I joined WCC because there weren't any limits to creativity and plotting beyond those those within reason barring the whole fruit names thing. That being said, I feel that the clan cap limit will do exactly that, cutting our chances at doing things like creating three siblings in one clan for a plot, or creating two siblings of one of our own living cats. Even if we plan in the future to have one or even all of them separate to other clans, die, or become loners in accordance with said plot, completely removing the capability to have three in one clan seems unfair. Granted this would be different if it were case by case on approval. Ie, planning to move one of your three out of the clan after a period of time or something of the like, but staff has mentioned that they would rather be universal with this whole situation rather than case by case.
Post  by Sponsored content

Impending Sitewide Changes Poll

Page 1 of 1