Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

January Gathering 2019

Go down 
+22
Fox
lemon
Laurel
Holly
RainyHeart
Middy
Ripped
Mamenchisaurus
Drippy
Seer
ruska
Transient
Sun
Ice
sumashira
rainypool
Jay Bird
Ash
RoawImKoatt
Yoshachu
Cays
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6698

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:03

Gingerstripe was listening with one ear to the leaders' announcements, a half smile still on his face from watching Wasppaw burrow under the deputy, when he was startled out of his thoughts by an unexpected voice. One of the medicine cats- SkyClan's, he thought?- had spoken up, looking nervous, about to make some kind of announcement. Interested, but a little apprehensive, the ginger tabby raised an eyebrow and watched the she-cat. But what she said, he hadn't expected. His mouth opened in dumbfounded horror as she cried out to all the Clans that Jaystar and Goldeneye had broken the code.

Wait... what?! Was this real? Was this really happening? The fur on his back stood up as the tabby medicine cat continued. The RiverClan leader and medicine cat... they were in a relationship? They'd had kits?! Had no one learned from Honeydrop? He exhaled his tightly held breath in a low hiss. How mouse-brained did you have to be to do that? Their poor kits.... His respect levels for both cats plummeted sharply, and he found himself disgusted as Goldeneye defended herself, claiming it was a lie, trying to get the other she-cat in trouble as well. The words passed both in and out of his ears without registering. All he could do was stare. At least Honeydrop had had the decency to admit her mistake! After him, after Shade, the leader of RiverClan had an affair with his own medicine cat. How did they have the right to judge anyone else? How could they live with themselves?!

The warrior just stared at them both, lips curled in a snarl of pure hatred, knowing what a crime they'd committed- not just against themselves and him, not just against their poor kits, but against the entire Clan and forest. "You fox-hearts!" he yelled out, stepping close to the pair so they'd both see him. His deep green eyes were sharp and accusing, as was his voice. "How could you? Have neither of you learned anything?! Good StarClan... do you know what you've done? Do either of you care?" Gingerstripe no longer respected either cat, and he wanted them out of their positions as soon as possible.

OOC: I was going to post with Pricklepaw, but that took a lot out of me. I may write his reaction later.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5869

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:07

He understood why the apprentice would think such a thing, but even so, he was glad that ordeal seemed to be dying down, though the peace wouldn't last for long. Ears perking at Mintwhisker's voice that sounded above the crowd, he couldn't help but let out a small sigh of annoyance. Could a gathering ever be calm and simple? It seemed as though something always had to be going on among the clans and he wished they could all be normal and civil for once.

Listening to his medicine cat's accusation towards the RiverClanners, he was a bit surprised and a little disappointed that she chose to bring it up at a time like this, but what was said was said and there was no going back now. He vaguely remembered her telling him about Jaystar and Goldeneye's treason, which made him assume that was why she'd also told him about her killing Sedgestrike, for she knew the RiverClan medicine cat would bring it up as a rebuttal.

Turning his gaze towards Jaystar and then his medicine cat, the tiny leader held his chin high as he spoke. "For your information, Mintwhisker only struck down Sedgestrike because he threatened her and was still on our land, even after his exile. The code says to challenge any trespassing cats and in this case, he was trespassing. It also states that the leader's word is law, and I gave my clan permission to finish him if spotted again, in which she did, though it of course it wasn't under ideal circumstances, for he lashed out at her and she had every right to defend herself," Tinystar mewed calmly, the tip of his long tail flicking every now and then. "Unfortunately for you two, I don't believe the code says anything about a leader being allowed to have kits with his medicine cat..." he finished, turning his blank gaze to Jaystar. He never thought that he would ever hold such a feeling of disappointment towards the younger tom, but at this point, he'd lost any and all respect he'd ever had towards him. Jaystar admittedly had a strong clan and could be a powerful leader, but in order to achieve greatness, he would need to learn to control such lustful thoughts and feelings, especially when it went directly against the Warrior Code... And as far as their positions in leadership, while he believed both of them should be demoted, it was ultimately up to their clanmates and so he kept his maw shut, not wanting to start anything more.

~~~~~~

Noticing a brown tabby tom approach him, Slatestrike didn't move a muscle and kept his eyes on the leaders above, obviously displeased. "Of course I am," the abnormally large, husky voiced warrior mewed blandly. "What's it to you?" he asked with an imaginary raised brow as he tilted his head down to the tom who smelt of SkyClan.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 VHQrlk5
January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 1QYZaRo

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Molex311
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019 - 18:05

"How dare you?!" A snarl rose clearly above the clamor of the gathered cats, charged with enough outrage that it could cause one's pelt to prickle. The one who had issued it was none other than one of the five cats seated at the base of the Great Rock. Scorchclaw lashed his dark, feathery tail, tufted ears swept back against his head. Pale-green eyes blazed, the fury written across his features further illuminated by the cold starlight. At that moment, the RiverClan deputy had all but forgotten about Wasppaw, who was still hiding beneath him. His fiery glare was directed towards the SkyClan medicine cat—Mintwhisker—in the crowd. All thought of self-control had been promptly thrown to the side the moment he heard her announcement. "Have you lost all reason, you bird-brained tree-dweller?" He hissed sharply, "Since when have you medicine cats gained such courage, that you would dare to wield the ancestors' names in falsehood? Do not think for a second that you can get away with such slander, simply because of your position! Tinystar might tolerate your insolence, but you would do well to watch your words when you speak of my clan."

This Gathering just seemed to be getting worse and worse. First, Scorchclaw had had to deal with an apprentice that simply did not know how to keep her mouth shut. Now his leader and medicine cat were being accused of being in a romantic relationship? He was at the end of his patience. The large tabby spat, "If you were going to lie, you should have crafted a more believable one."

Jaystar would never do such a thing. He was RiverClan's leader. And Goldeneye, while the two of them had clashed at times, she was a medicine cat that he more or less respected. Of all things, to accuse these cats of having broken the Code? The very Code that bound the clans together, separating them from the common rabble that were rogues and loners? Mintwhisker might as well have committed the very highest form of impertinence. If they had not been in the middle of a Gathering, if she had not been a medicine cat, he might not have retained his reasoning, keeping his claws sheathed.
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019 - 23:27

Mistyrain had been on the verge of shouting to add her piece to the conversation until a voice beside her spoke up. His words twisted angrily through her mind, full of disrespect for SkyClan and Mintwhisker. "Scorchclaw! Have you no faith in Starclan?" she mewed shrilly. "Mintwhisker has recieved a prophecy from our ancestors and you would do well to heed her words!" Although this revelation came as much as a surprise to her as it did to Scorchclaw, she would not doubt Tinystar's and Mintwhisker's words. Her usual cheerfulness was nowhere to be seen, and instead she glared at the RiverClan deputy with intense frustration.

"Your own Medicine Cat has falsely accused ours, so don't act like this is one-sided!" It seemed unfair to claim that Mintwhisker's accusation was true while Goldeneye's was not, but she could only see that it was so. Mintwhisker was not a murderer, and Mistyrain trusted the taupe tabby with her life.

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Sat 23 Feb 2019 - 0:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Feb 2019 - 8:44

They knew... she knew it. Jaystar felt dizzy and drowsy as all around him turned into massive chaos. It was a matter of time before someone could know but now? Now that his clan was under such a delicate situation? He didn't care about his position. He didn't care if he was demoted but what he feared... was for his kits. For all of them. They didn't deserve this humiliation, this shame that was only his. But if the forest believed what this young medicine cat said, then they would all fall into disgrace, just like Gingerstripe, the tom who now dared to turn his back on him despite letting him in his clan. The silver tom wasn't angry, nor he wanted to slash at him. The former ShadowClanner had all the right to be angry and disappointed, just like he was of himself.

However, despite being in the eye of a hurricane of shame, fear and disappointment, the Riverclan leader did not show any of that to the rest of the forest. He remained stoic, even cold and harsh. Because he knew that if he failed to keep being the leader of his clan now, his kits would all fall into this madness he created. The tom simply couldn't allow that. His feathery, spiky tail flickered in annoyance by the words of the small leader who now he despised more than ever. His green eyes were now locked on him, his pupils narrowed in anger. Your clan has gotten a fearful enemy, Tinystar... You and your medicine cat dared to mess up with my kits and their future, to cause chaos among my clanmates for a mistake I would pay on my own when I join the Dark Forest... The state of neutrality is over... He thought bitterly as he locked eyes with him.

"I can't care less if you shelter a murderer in your lines, Tinystar. Under my understanding, even though Mintwhisker might have been acting on self-defence, why hide it though? Why would Starclan warn Goldeneye about it? You can say whatever you want to protect her, I don't care. But what I'm not going to allow, is that she misinterpret the words of Starclan and rake my name and Goldeneye's into the mud. Unlike you, what I'm going to say is under the knowledge of my whole clan and I'm actually kind of disappointed that some of my own cats rather believe the words of another clan than the one that actually welcomed him in their darkest moments." The tom said, clearly referring to Gingerstripe. However, he was not angry with him for he knew he had all the rights to distrust him. "But it doesn't matter, all shall be explained now." The large leader lashed his tail violently, as he faced the crowd of cats under him. For the sake of his kits, the truth had to been kept. He knew he would pay for everything. He was ready for that when the time came. Starclan knew it. They will punish him accordingly. But now, his clan needed to keep their reputation. If he failed to do that, then all the clans would hate them even more. The alliance with Shadowclan may be broken and Riverclan, his family and kits would fall in disgrace for one mistake that shouldn't affect anyone else but he and Goldeneye. "It is true that Goldeneye had nursed my kits in the past when my former mate Cinderpaw died. She became their mother despite being a medicine cat and I will always be grateful for that. But, how could I fall in love for not only a medicine cat but also a cat who I consider untrustworthy after making deals with Windclan behind the backs of her clan? I will never forgive her and I can't love a cat who I don't trust." The words felt natural coming out of his mouth, for most of them were true. He was still resented about the she-cat's betrayal and hold no affection for her. However, he couldn't hate her either after all that she had done, after all the history they had together. He just hoped... she would understand why he was being so harsh. It was not for them, but for their clan...

For a second, the leader drove his atention to his deputy, who defended him fiercesly from Mintwhisker's accusations. Inside his mind, the older tom thought of how great of a leader he would be, how loyal and compromised to his clan. He didn't deserve this chaos either, he was a good guy. Jaystar flicked his tail once more after the words of response of the Skyclan deputy and continue talking. "My only break of the Code- if it can be called so- is that I welcomed four rogue kits among the walls of my camp. Kits that were found and nursed by Goldeneye. My mother did not accept rogues, nor of the formers leaders did and I understand that they are angry at me for that but I couldn't let them out in the cold. I gave them shelter, home, the chance to be respectable warriors, keeping their origins aside. I've no doubt you've received a message from Starclan, but you've misinterpreted the signs, young Mintwhisker." The leader turned his sight now to the bold medicine cat of Skyclan. Despite the calmness of his voice, there was poison in his eyes. He hated her. She could have bring this time in another moment, any time but she decided to do it here, to cause riot. But, what else could he expect from a murderer? She also broke the Code but preferred to mess up with other clan instead to hide her sin. She was no better than he was. "Goldeneye and I had never been in a romantic relationship but we have raised kits together due to unexpected circumstances. Starclan will judge me for that, but Goldeneye is not to blame. She has been a great medicine cat, the most experienced in the whole forest. I'm surprised of how impulsive to have been just to destroy the name of a senior fellow medicine cat, just to break my clan with deformed truth. Riverclan is a strong-willed clan and won't fall to this lies of a cat who's taking advantage of her rank."

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Signat14
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2368

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:00

Heronflight watched Mintwhisker as Jaystar was accused for... being in a forbidden relationship?  The gray tabby knew Jaystar well, as the small tom was the leader’s apprentice many moons ago.  Jaystar would never be in a forbidden relationship with anyone.  He’s too mature for that.  The senior warrior thought about speaking up, but Jaystar defend himself instead.  The kits were rogue-born, and all Goldeneye did was take care of them.  Heronflight felt strong, and he was willing to defend his opinion with tooth and claw.  The gray tabby snarled at Mintwhisker, then made an emotionless face.  He then gave a strong and encouraging gaze towards Jaystar.  No matter what Mintwhisker says, I will be on your side.  The undersized tom was thinking of calling out, but would decide to wait for the right moment to back up his leader.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Image10
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Characters : Alive: Crimsonpaw (C) Dead: [Foxspirit] (F), [Echofrost] (E), [Briarthorn] (B), [Meadowpaw] (M), [Shag] (Sh)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 779

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 20:53

Briarpaw looked at Jaystar as he denied being in a relationship with Goldeneye. He didn't want to believe it either but what Star Lord had said stuck out in his mind. "S-stop changing the subject!" The young Medicine Cat Apprentice yowled at Jaystar and Goldeneye. Once he had their attention, he continued. "A moon or so ago, a young loner named Star Lord was attacked by a badger on our territory. We brought him back to our medicine den, and asked him why he had been there. He told us that he used to live in twoleg place, but then he rescued a she-cat when Jaystar sent her away to have his kits. Star Lord said that you let him live in your camp for a while, but then when a she-cat bore his kits you chased him out." Briarpaw took a shaky breath. "E-Even though he never mentioned Goldeneye's name, this is too suspicious to let pass... How can you deny StarClan, and all this evidence? Sounds to me like you're trying to h-hide something, Jaystar."

Ehcofrost returned Lilyflower's grin with one equal in size. "Congratulations, Lilyflower!" He meowed. "I also have some good news," Echofrost continued. "For I am not Echopaw anymore... I am Echofrost, Newly Appointed Warrior of ThunderClan!" He puffed out his chest proudly at his announcement.

OOC: Sorry, Rainypool, I meant to post with Echo sooner!

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Mi9fm8
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 21:49

The tom let a hiss even louder when the bold Briarpaw mentioned the name of Starlord. And he dared to say that he loved Goldeneye and the kits after such betrayal? What a foxheart. But it didn't matter. Jaystar eyes were locked on the apprentice, now fire up with annoyance. He was getting tired of so many cats trying to mess up with his clan in such a place. If they had something to say or discuss with him, it should have been done privately so no other cats would be affected. The leader wanted to leap off the rock and face Briarpaw but he stayed still, his gaze burning at the sight of the tom's shape. "You better watch your words, apprentice! You're making too many assumptions over the words of a rogue which I welcomed just to be stabbed on the back by him." He snarled, his fur now bristling. "Goldeneye was attacked, captured by Shade and the Regime for moons. We found her den broken and she was nowhere to be seen. I did not send her away but I did hide this from the Gatherings, I admit, for I didn't want clans taking advantage of my own for not having our medicine cat. Patrols were sent to find but not of them could. Until one night she returned with the rogue kits, accompanied by this rogue you seem to trust so easily. I didn't want him in my clan but he helped our medicine cat in time of need and Goldeneye herself asked me to give him shelter so I said to all my clan that he would only stay for two moons since he didn't have interest in joining a clan." With every word, he remembered how much he despised the bicolour tom for what he did to his precious daughter... for what he was doing now against the cat he swore to love.

"He despised the clan life. If it weren't for Goldeneye, he would have gone right ahead. After time passed, it came to my ears that he was in love with her but she refused his love, as a medicine cat can't have mates or kits. Despite that, I kept my promise. After the second gathering after his arrival, I told him it was time for him to return where he came from. Of course, he didn't want to leave but if he was not going to be a warrior, then I could never accept. Until then, I wasn't aware of what he did to my own daughter until the kits were born one moon later..." The tom closed his eyes tightly for a second, his fangs clenched as his blood burned in anger. "Starlord enchanted my girl into being his temporal mate just to tell her in her face that he never loved her, leaving her heartbroken. He dared to come to the edges of my territory to see the kits he had with her, to put them the names of rogues and as the Warrior Code stated, I chased that trespasser out of my territory so he could not trick any other soul inside the lands of my clan."

The tom looked once again at Briarpaw, who had no real evidence at all. Starlord maybe knows, but he was rogue, a trickster who played with the hearts and minds of everyone they knew. "As you might see, Starlord tricked me and Goldeneye into letting him stay, he tricked the heart of my daughter to have kits with her since he couldn't have it Goldeneye and now he has lied to you too by saying that I didn't allow him to stay in my camp any longer because he got one of my cats pregnant when actually, I sent my cats to ESCORT and PROTECT him in his way back because his time was over and I told him that since the first day. This rogue is no to trust and your so-called evidence came from the mouth of a filthy foxheart who only looks after his own pleasure and benefit. There's no doubt he hates me from not letting him see his kits ever again now that they belong to Riverclan and their mother so I'm not surprised he came out with this stupid lie just to see me and Goldeneye suffer, probably for not loving him back. You have spoken too much and with no reason, young WindClanner and I recommend you to think before speak. I wouldn't be surprised if one of your own clanmates gets pregnant because of him."

OOC: Sorry for the messy post. I'm tired, is late and I'm a little stressed ;;

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Signat14
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6718

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 22:08

Before he and the medicine cat could have a chance to speak, the gathering had started with its usual sharing of news. Burntstag settled back on his haunches with a half-interest as the leaders spoke. His tail twitched just barely behind him. As the noise became mere background, it fell on deaf ears. The young warrior glanced around in an attempt to find his siblings. And another particular grey coat. Once he found Flintfang he smiled softly. Good. While they would not speak tonight, he was glad to see the other tom's pelt among those gathered. More thoughts threatened to break into the forefront of his conscious but they were swiftly interrupted by the yowls of cats at the front of the gathering. Skyclan's medicine cat stood, shouting her prophetic words of revelation to those who gathered. Now, that was something worth listening to.

Immediately, Burntstag was engrossed in the chaos before him. If it were not for the throng of others around him, he would have likely laughed aloud. How amusing it was to see cats squabble over the half-expressed word of Starclan. Both medicine cats bristled like fools in front of the whole forest. And worst of all was Jaystar. He stared at the Riverclan leader, the very one who had been his father's leader, and drank in the lies that dripped from his tongue. In his opinion, one thing worse than breaking ones own precious moral code was the lack of owning up to mistakes. With each deflective syllable, the accused only stood to be more guilty. Rage built up within the cavern of his chest alongside the utter disgust and disdain brought about by what was happening before them. If cats would not have been able to accept his truth before, there was no way they could deny it now. The forest was a broken thing. And the code? Wrought with more maggots than a forgotten piece of fresh kill.

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6015

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 19:53

Emberheart sighed softly as what she had been dreading began. But it was the details of what was being said that stuck out to her: if Mintwhisker was to be believed, Jaystar and Goldeneye had been, at some point, romantically involved. A leader and his medicine cat. The thought was so ridiculous it made her want to laugh, but she couldn't see any reason for Mintwhisker to lie.

At least, until Goldeneye spoke, claiming Mintwhisker to be a murderer. Tinystar's explanation, however, made far more sense than Jaystar's. Killing a trespassing exile in self-defense was a very different situation than a code-breaking romance between the two cats of a Clan that were closest to StarClan. Still, she wasn't sure what to believe.
~
Swanpetal's head snapped up for the second time in one Gathering, but this time the cause wasn't Wasppaw's antics. No, Jaystar had supposedly broken the code. She listened intently, trying to understand what, precisely, was happening. Jaystar and Goldeneye? She looked between them, uncertain of what to believe. She had a lot of trust and respect for Jaystar, yes, but a part of her still remembered the last time a RiverClan leader had been considered a code-breaker, at least in the eyes of a few.

While she was hesitant, still, to believe words sent by StarClan, she was even moreso to simply accept Jaystar's words. She would say nothing now, and only silently doubt his words. RiverClan couldn't be seen as weak, they had to be united in front of the other Clans. Still, she was certain her feelings were visible on her face. Feelings of doubt and uncertainty.
~
Mothpaw was deeply confused by everything happening around her. None of it seemed to make any sense.
~
Batpaw watched the leaders speak, silently observing as their words caught her attention. If both medicine cats were to be believed, the Clans harbored both a medicine cat who had killed in self-defense and a leader who had romanced his medicine cat. One of those things was forgivable, under the code. The other was not. 'How could I love a cat I can't trust?' Jaystar asked, but paying attention to what was said, it was clear he had trusted her at some point. Despite being seemingly unable to trust or forgive her for whatever she had done - something to do with WindClan? - he spoke of his medicine cat with pride: more than she would've expected of a cat he claimed not to trust or forgive. So, then, perhaps he couldn't fall in love with someone he didn't trust now, but maybe he had loved her once? Unable to solve the mystery her thoughts were presenting her, her mind drifted from that situation, even as she continued to watch the leaders, to the other news from this Gathering. Code-breaking, for all it was meant to be what kept them separate from the rogues, seemed to be almost commonplace.

Was every Gathering like this? She would make sure to ask either her father or mentor later.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 9:38

Fortunately for Barleytuft, his short outburst of laughter seemed to go widely unnoticed. Whether that was because everyone else was laughing, reprimanding, and defending and had no place to speak or because no one had heard him, he wasn't sure, but he was grateful nonetheless. It was Marshstorm, ThunderClan's deputy, who finally brought an end to the shouting matches and brought some semblance of peace over the gathered Clans. Tinystar seemed content enough to move on without saying anything while Jaystar seemed to smirk slightly at the chaos that his Clan's apprentice had caused. Flamewish taught me that not every cat in RiverClan is a total foxheart, Barleytuft reminded himself begrudgingly, but the way Jaystar cares so little about the negativity his Clanmates bring makes me wonder about him.

The RiverClan leader gave his announcement and Barleytuft forced himself to pay attention as the sleek silver tabby lamented the tragedies that had befallen his Clan. The sandy WindClan warrior still sent a prayer up to StarClan when Jaystar named his fallen Clanmates; after all, only StarClan could judge them in death. The announcement quickly moved on to new apprentices and warriors, as well as a new full-fledged medicine cat: Fallowlight. Barleytuft purred for the she-cat, thinking of Briarpaw and hoping that soon he would gain that honor as well. It was different for medicine cats, sure, but certainly they were as proud and excited as a warrior, right?

Jaystar turned his attention to Brindlestar, Barleytuft's leader, to discuss the fate of the Gorge. Despite himself, the tabby warrior found his claws digging slightly into the ground. It just seems like he's always trying to smooth-talk his way out of things, he thought, but he kept the opinion to himself.

Before Brindlestar could respond, however, another voice broke out: Mintwhisker, the medicine cat of SkyClan. Barleytuft's pale ginger ears perked with interest as she declared she had an announcement. "I received a prophecy from Starclan, more specifically, from Reedstar of Riverclan," the she-cat said, and slowly she made her way to the front of the clearing to stand beneath the leaders. What could she have to say? Barleytuft wondered, hearing whispers echoing his thoughts around him.

"It has been revealed to me that Goldeneye and Jaystar have been... romantically involved. The result of this contravention is a litter of kits that currently resides in Riverclan."

Barleytuft's jaw dropped as he looked aside at Graybriar, then up to Goldeneye and then to Jaystar, and back to Goldeneye as she stated her defense first. It seemed to the WindClan warrior that the medicine cat was side-stepping and twisting words, but then suddenly she revealed her own ammunition about Mintwhisker: "While we're at it, Mintwhisker, why don't I tell the clans what our ancestors told me, hmm? Tell them about how you cruelly struck Sedgestrike down in cold blood. Unless you'd like to tell them yourselves?"

"What in StarClan's name is happening?" Barleytuft finally asked aloud to no one in particular. Other cats had spoken aloud, voicing their disbelief or outrage.

As if that weren't enough confusion, Tinystar informed the Gathering that he was already aware of Mintwhisker's actions and that he felt she hadn't acted outside the warrior code. As if the small white tom had not adequately implied otherwise for the RiverClan cats, he continued, "Unfortunately for you two, I don't believe the code says anything about a leader being allowed to have kits with his medicine cat..." Barleytuft's eyes widened; he couldn't believe the SkyClan leader would be so bold as to say that when he always seemed to try so hard to stay neutral. The WindClan warrior didn't miss the hostile look Jaystar returned to Tinystar.

Jaystar went on to explain how Mintwhisker must be guilty since StarClan felt it necessary to bring it up to Goldeneye, but to Barleytuft's confusion he then went on to state that Mintwhisker must have misinterpreted the warning which StarClan had given her. The WindClan tom frowned as Jaystar continued on rationalizing his situation, culminating with his final strong statement of, "Riverclan is a strong-willed clan and won't fall to these lies of a cat who's taking advantage of her rank."

"S-stop changing the subject!"

A voice broke out which Barleytuft had not expected: Briarpaw, his own Clan's medicine cat apprentice. The young white-and-gray tabby tom stood before the Clans, boldly challenging Jaystar's denial of the accusations. Briarpaw brought up his own evidence, and Barleytuft remembered the named tom immediately: Starlord. The WindClan warrior stared with a bit of apprehension as Briarpaw shared the information that Starlord, the loner, had shared the day that Barleytuft had rescued him from a badger. He had met a RiverClan she-cat bearing Jaystar's kits who had been sent away to give birth to them, and he'd brought the she-cat back to her Clan. Starlord had loathed Jaystar, much to Brindlestar's amusement; had he meant to reveal this information?

As soon as Jaystar turned his cold anger onto Briarpaw, Barleytuft suddenly found himself standing in the middle of the crowd, baring his teeth and ready to leap to the defense of his medicine cat. Of course, the RiverClan leader made no move to do any physical harm to Briarpaw, simply to furiously defend himself and amend his previous stories. Barleytuft's tabby tail lashed as he continued to stand and stare hard up towards Jaystar, listening with growing doubt as the tom explained Starlord's untrustworthiness and the truth behind Goldeneye's disappearance and how she came to meet Starlord. Once again the RiverClan leader insulted Briarpaw and Barleytuft hissed, surprising himself, "Show some respect for StarClan's messengers and our healers!"

Amberdawn was immediately overwhelmed by the initial response to Goldeneye and Mintwhisker's claims. One tom who looked to be an older apprentice reprimanded the two of them for turning against each other and dragging the Gathering into chaos and gossip in StarClan's name. Amberdawn grimaced as another tom stood and yowled a curse at Jaystar and Goldeneye, clearly voicing his anger at their relationship. His voice boomed with anger as he made sure his leader could see him, glaring up with an anger that made Amberdawn look to her paws.

When Tinystar spoke, Amberdawn looked up with a worried expression. The words of StarClan rang in her head - "Your leader, Tinystar, is already aware." - and she prayed that he would defend her. She was relieved when he did so, and she listened intently as the tom explained how Mintwhisker was within the warrior code to do what she did. "Mintwhisker only struck down Sedgestrike because he threatened her and was still on our land, even after his exile. The code says to challenge any trespassing cats and in this case, he was trespassing," Tinystar explained, and then he dared Jaystar to find somewhere in the medicine code that allowed their relationship. Amberdawn sunk down even lower, desperate to keep everyone's attention off of herself. I didn't know about any of this, she defended herself to no one, StarClan help us here...

The golden tabby medicine cat apprentice wanted to defend her mentor when RiverClan's deputy, Scorchclaw, began to verbally assault her, but she couldn't even find the nerve to lift her head and glare sternly at him. She just continued to stare at her paws, pelt burning with embarrassment, shame, and worry. Fortunately Mistyrain spoke out in her medicine cat's defense, and Amberdawn dared to look up as Jaystar began to speak in his defense.

... or rather, speak in the offense of Mintwhisker. The silver RiverClan leader pointed out how it was Tinystar's right to do as he liked but that a true self-defense wouldn't have needed to be hidden or dredged up by StarClan to another medicine cat. Amberdawn begrudgingly admitted that was true, but doubt had already been nagging at her belly. The hurt remaining from the fact that Mintwhisker never confided in her made Amberdawn reluctant to fully believe anything one way or another. Why didn't she trust me? she thought as Jaystar went on to explain the "proper" interpration of what StarClan must have meant about Jaystar and Goldeneye. Despite her anxiety, the golden tabby she-cat stared up at the RiverClan leader doubtfully as he explained the kits she rescued and had suckled for the Clan.

Amberdawn had her own doubts about the idea that the two of them had ever been romantically involved: Jaystar's own argument that he couldn't love a cat he doesn't trust stuck out, but more than that Amberdawn thought of her own interactions with the prickly RiverClan medicine cat. Jaystar seemed a bit cold sometimes, but it would take someone more callous than he to tolerate Goldeneye's attitude, in her opinion.

A new voice broke into the argument, and Amberdawn sat up a bit, surprised to see Briarpaw of WindClan calling a challenge up to Jaystar and to Goldeneye: "S-stop changing the subject!" Amberdawn winced again as she saw the RiverClan leader's hostile gaze swivel to rest on Briarpaw. He spoke of evidence, or at least a questionable coincidence, presented to him by a rogue. There certainly did seem to be some gaps and overlaps that neither story fully answered on its own, and Briarpaw questioned, "How can you deny StarClan, and all this evidence? Sounds to me like you're trying to h-hide something, Jaystar."

Of course all eyes, Amberdawn's included, returned to Jaystar: the rage and discomfort on his face were becoming clearer and clearer as he spat at Briarpaw and began to discredit this so-named "Starlord", listing off the tom's crimes and explaining why this Starlord would want to spread rumors about him and Goldeneye. Amberdawn frowned slightly, thinking, Perhaps he's right about Starlord, but lined up with Mintwhisker's revelation about him and Goldeneye, I think Jaystar's lying. Jaystar's frustration made her more and more certain that he was trying to cover up. Mintwhisker was right; she had to be.

The white RiverClan warrior continued to watch the scene with Wasppaw unfold until finally it peaked with the apprentice rushing underneath Scorchclaw and becoming practically immovable. Lightstep's whiskers twitched slightly with amusement, but he was still certain that the little she-cat would get a bit of a tongue-lashing when they all returned to camp. Other cats among the crowd shared their feelings about Wasppaw's outburst, but ultimately Marshstorm, ThunderClan's deputy, brought the Gathering back to order. Lightstep sought out his leader and kin, Jaystar, to see his reaction to the scene. Would he apologize to Tinystar for Wasppaw's misunderstanding? He has no obligation to, Lightstep assured himself when Jaystar carried on with little mention of the incident. He seemed mildly amused, even.

Lightstep listened attentively as Jaystar shared the news of the hardships RiverClan had encountered over the past moon: Lionpaw's murder at the claws of Shade's daughter, Xuexi, Snowblossom, and Silverfang. At the mention of Snowblossom, the young warrior pressed his side against Flurryshine's, knowing how fresh the grief still was for the queen beside him. He offered his support physically and emotionally, but fortunately for the both of them Jaystar carried on quickly to announce new apprentices and their new warrior and fully named medicine cat. It was good to make it clear how strong they were despite how harsh the leaf-bare had been.

Lightstep's interest heightened when Jaystar turned to Brindlestar, WindClan's leader, and offered a willingness to negotiate the Gorge. The white warrior's ears perked up and his attention relaxed from Flurryshine slightly as he considered the information WindClan likely didn't have: that there were vicious dogs in the Gorge, and they were the cause of Silverfang's death. Obviously his leader had chosen to omit such information for the time being, but Lightstep wondered what Brindlestar might think if she were to find out about the threat.

Jaystar had drawn his announcement to a close and Lightstep waited for another leader to take up the empty space. However, a different, unfamiliar voice caught Lightstep's attention and his pale amber eyes turned to see a pale brown tabby she-cat making her way through the crowd. A soft hiss arose from one of the younger medicine cats and Lightstep recognized Mintwhisker, SkyClan's medicine cat, as she found a spot at the front of the crowd and announced, "I received a prophecy from Starclan, more specifically, from Reedstar of Riverclan." Lightstep glanced around curiously. Medicine cats don't usually speak at Gatherings, the tom thought, although Goldeneye has done so many times. I suppose Mintwhisker must have something important to say.

"It has been revealed to me that Goldeneye and Jaystar have been... romantically involved. The result of this contravention is a litter of kits that currently resides in RiverClan. As far as I know, Jaystar and Goldeneye have kept both their romance and its consequence a secret for many moons, concealing it not only from their own Clan but from their allies, enemies - the entire forest."

Lightstep's jaw dropped open at first in shock, and then it snapped shut in anger, teeth bared. "That's impossible," the white tom hissed softly, his tail lashing on the ground behind him as his yellow eyes narrowed with fury and suspicion.

Goldeneye spoke, and though her arguments against StarClan's prophecy were harsh and her anger was evident, they were convincing enough to Lightstep. Then RiverClan's medicine cat declared her own revelation: that Mintwhisker had murdered a member of her own Clan.

There was an uproar from the crowd, including two of his own Clanmates, but Lightstep just dug his claws into the earth and stared intensely at Jaystar, waiting to hear the perfectly reasonable explanation he knew there must be for this entire misunderstanding. Sure enough Jaystar maintained enough of his composure to state his disinterest in SkyClan's matters and anger at this attempted sullying of his reputation and RiverClan's. Lightstep drank in and agreed with his grandfather's explanation of his relationship with Goldeneye, especially when the leader pointed out Goldeneye's recent undermining of his authority and, therefore, loss of respect and trust.

A new voice spoke up - Briarpaw of WindClan - mentioning the name of a cat Lightstep had nearly forgotten about: Starlord. Lightstep continued to listen, fixated on his leader, as Jaystar continued to explain the misunderstanding. How can anyone possibly think he's had kits with Goldeneye? the young warrior thought angrily. They were all honest with us from the beginning about where Goldeneye had gone and why, and how she had come home with the kits. How could everyone possibly turn on him and say they've been sneaking and lying? Lightstep pawed angrily at the ground, waiting for more of an explanation from anyone.

January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Feb 2019 - 21:58

Leopardstar felt lost, his eyes dashing back and forth between one cat to another as chaos reigned, his tired mind trying to register every word; the base of the argument though was clear to him.  Jaystar and Goldeneye...mates?  A leader and his medicine cat...I don't know whether to hiss or laugh!  Forbidden relationships were one thing he had yet to encounter in his days of leadership, which he guessed should be a blessing.  The loyalty of his clan meant a lot to him...if only they would remember to stop maiming their neighbors in the same way.  As the voices rang on, the edge of the golden spotted tom's mouth twitched slightly, but he held his tongue.  Luckily, ThunderClan was not involved in this conflict, and despite the fact that he and Tinystar had recently upheld civil interactions he did not think it entitled him to jump in on SkyClan's side. Besides, an account of murder by their medicine cat was serious as well, but that matter seemed to be just as confusing as the other.  As it went on though, Leopardstar's amusement quickly began to fade, and his teeth began to reveal themselves in an annoyed snarl.  They're arguing like kits, feeding off the disorder, fueling it!  They're gonna rip their clans apart at this rate...I don't see any end to this.

Grasswhisker, do I have to?

Fine.

"ENOUGH, PLEASE!"  Leopardstar rose to his paws, stepping between the two feuding leaders.  His hazel eyes flashed with impartial anger as he fixed his gaze on Jaystar and Tinystar in turn, before continuing with a slight edge to his deep voice.  "This debate is going nowhere, and wasting every cat's time.  Save the immature he-said-she-said accusations for the nursery and settle this like the leaders and medicine cats you are!  It's obvious this is a very...emotional situation, but you can't scream forever.  Either your voices are going to go out, or all our ears will start to bleed, and neither option would be very beneficial to finding a solution."  With an irritable flick of his tail, the large tom dug his claws into the edge of the Great Rock, looking back at the other four leaders with a clearly exasperated expression.  "Now, are we going to continue the Gathering?  If not, I would like to take my clan home before StarClan's wrath falls upon this twisted quarrel."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2019   January Gathering 2019 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

January Gathering 2019
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7