Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You and I {Closed}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

You and I {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: You and I {Closed}   You and I {Closed} EmptyFri 4 Jan 2019 - 0:34

Tigerleaf was unable to keep the yawn down. Her jaws parting briefly, her fangs flashed white. The sun had just risen over SkyClan camp, and the first patrols of the day were being assembled. As she watched her clanmates milling around the clearing, some of the younger cats picking out pieces of fresh-kill for a quick meal, she tiredly rubbed a paw across her face. The action did little to reduce the weariness seeming to cling to her every limb. The young warrior had never been a morning cat. It was likely that she never would be. Especially with leaf bare's arrival, it had grown increasingly difficult to climb out of her nest at the break of dawn. The cold weather was no encouragement, and there was even a light snowfall that morning. At a glance, Tigerleaf took in the grayish-blue sky. She had little motivation to do anything but go back to sleep right now. Unfortunately, reality had harshly decided to assign her to a patrol, closing that route off. If there was one salvation, it was Condorshade being her patrolmate. In recent times, she had come to see him in a rather different light. He still looked intimidating, yes, but she found herself less and less bothered by such details. Perhaps it was his quiet, thoughtful nature she had experienced that brought about the change. Somehow, she felt more relaxed around Condorshade than with other clanmates.

The dark, fluffy tom was seated by the camp exit. Waiting for her, undoubtedly. It would not be polite to dally any longer. With that realization in mind, Tigerleaf slowly shuffled over. The soft blanket of snow crunched beneath her small paws, each step bitingly cold. Who had ordained the seasons? Their starry ancestors? If StarClan could bring lightning down from the sky, sending snow would be no problem. The thought flitted through her mind, and she swiftly stored it away for consideration at a later date. "G'morning." She murmured, upon arriving at Condorshade's side. Perhaps it was because of the cold, but he looked even larger than usual. Gazing up at him with pale yellow eyes, she couldn't help but wonder how much of his volume was actually just fur. The memory of huddling against him, half enveloped in thick coat, surfaced rather rudely. It had been warm, much warmer than she currently felt. She really didn't need to be distracted by such thoughts right now. "Shall we get going?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

You and I {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: You and I {Closed}   You and I {Closed} EmptyTue 8 Jan 2019 - 16:57

"Mmmm" hummed the large warrior as he gazed down upon the smaller cat. The tom had been observing the clan as he waited for her to arrive. He had scanned around the awakening clan and noticed a large amount of shivering figures walking about. To say that he didn't feel the cold would be lying. He felt it, more on his nose and paws but it wasn't as much as the cats with shorter pelts would feel it. He was rather comfortable. His coat was best for this type of weather. It wasn't so pleasant during the hottest of days. He usually stayed in the shade then. He could overheat if he stood under the blazing sun for too long. That definitely would be a horrible experience.

Condorshade rose up and shook the snow from his rear. He gazed at Tirgerleaf warmly before nodding to her that they should head out. The dark-furred tom took the first steps out of the camp, beginning their patrol. He was rather pleased to have been placed alongside Tigerleaf. He had grown quite attached to the tabby she-cat. Quite a bit attached in fact. There was a lot about her that charmed him, more than any other cat in the clan. To put it simply, as he liked, she was very likable and rather cute. He also admired how she held herself together even in the darkest of her days. She was the warmth he had needed to warm up his cold heart.

The first few minutes of the patrol were quiet but pleasantly so. The large warrior couldn't help but to observe his den-mate shiver from the cold every now and then. This made the tom frown a bit. As he had done with her previously once, he encapsulated her in his fluffy pelt. He did this by pressing himself against her as they walked. She was almost swallowed up by his massive pelt. This made Condorshade chuckle softly. He might've also startled her with his actions although, he couldn't tell. The reason being that her face was obstructed by his fur, preventing him from seeing any of her expressions.

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

You and I {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: You and I {Closed}   You and I {Closed} EmptySat 12 Jan 2019 - 5:14

As usual, Condorshade's greeting was devoid of words. Tigerleaf had grown quite used to the many little sounds he used by now, and she found them strangely charming. Somehow or another, she could always tell what he meant. She trotted along by the tom's side, neither cat initiating conversation immediately. Within the barren, snow-blanketed forest, they made quite a contrast. One figure was towering and imposing, while the other one was somewhat on the small side for SkyClan warriors. Even the size difference between their paws was clear, seen in the tracks that they left behind in the snow. Despite how odd of a pair they must have appeared to be, however, there was also a certain sense of matching.

Suddenly engulfed within a wall of thick, dark fur, Tigerleaf let out an uncharacteristic squeak. Fortunately for her, the sound was muffled by Condorshade's pelt. Stepping away from the larger warrior, her startled features came into view. "A—at least give me a warning before doing this..." She spluttered. Perhaps she was merely surprised, or perhaps she was embarrassed. Either way, her voice shook lightly. "But thanks..." She added, after a moment's pause. For the briefest of moments, she felt her face warm beneath her tabby fur. Despite her seeming discomfort, she accepted his offer. It felt good to share the warmth of another cat, especially in such cold weather. It went without saying, but the striped she-cat lacked the family or friends to huddle with. What does that make Condorshade, then? The thought was sudden and unexpected. A friend? Perhaps that would not be too bad. He was no Ashpaw, certainly. But Condorshade was Condorshade.

Sleepiness now reduced greatly, Tigerleaf glanced up at him again. "Do you make a habit of offering your fur's warmth to your clanmates?" Pale yellow eyes sparkled even as her tone was filled with curiosity. "If they knew what kind of cat you were, the apprentices wouldn't scatter upon meeting your gaze." She was undoubtedly teasing him, albeit lightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You and I {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: You and I {Closed}   You and I {Closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

You and I {Closed}
Page 1 of 1