Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Salt in the Snow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptyTue 1 Jan 2019 - 14:26

One good thing about having a fairly absent mentor was that Frog got to skip dawn patrol quite often. The sleek gray apprentice was always awake by the time they returned, however, and often times she managed to stay in the den until just after the morning's hunting patrol returned. They would get their share and take some to the elders, and Frog was able to sneak in and get whatever she wanted.

Her plan worked as usual, and by mid-morning Frog emerged from the apprentices' den and approached the fresh-kill pile. It was a bit smaller than usual, but the hunting patrol had done very well. It'd fuel her for a later hunt at least. She sat back to watch the fresh-kill pile, pondering her options, when movement caught her eye. Her pale green eyes shot up to examine her company.

Salt in the Snow VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 881

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptyTue 1 Jan 2019 - 15:44

Thornpaw was in a fair mood this morning which, as of late, seemed to be a rare occurrence. She'd gotten up early to dodge the other cats and take a walk. She'd recently noticed the other cats avoiding asking her on patrol, and attributed it to them being courteous of her recent return... Or just outright disliking her. She was fine with either. Even so, it was irritating getting the same questions over and over, concerned stares and all. Therefore she tried to avoid them. Crossing through the thorn laden barrier and into the camp clearing, she noticed the freshkill pile had been recently stocked.

She must have been out longer than she thought.

That one particularly cheeky apprentice that had initially greeted her upon her return stood nearby, sizing up the pile with a hungry gaze. Taking that to assume the elders and queens had already gotten their share, Thornpaw padded over and picked up the first thing she saw... a decently sized mouse that seemed to be the most optimal pick at the moment. At least it'd be somewhat filling. Leafbare hadn't exactly been kind to Shadowclan so far.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Salt in the Snow QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 6:27

Frog watched the other apprentice with narrowed eyes as she walked up and grabbed a well-rounded mouse. Wait, that looks good - I want that! she realized, and so the gray apprentice immediately stood and meowed quickly, "Excuse me, I was about to grab that." Frog's eyes glimmered with challenge.

Salt in the Snow VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptyThu 3 Jan 2019 - 23:29

Quirking a brow at the headstrong apprentice's challenging glare, Thornpaw seemed to consider Frog for a moment... only to turn and keep walking with mouse settled firmly in her jaws. The she-cat settled in her usual spot nearby, placing the fresh-kill between her paws. The kit had a problem with her meal choice now? This was pathetic. Sighing, she retorted with a casual "You should have grabbed it then, rather than staring at it like some confused, starved dog." before biting into the rodent and cutting a sideways glance towards Frog. If she wanted to start something, she'd have to do better than that to throw Thornpaw off of her game.

Salt in the Snow QNTjwT2

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptySat 5 Jan 2019 - 7:41

Frog watched Thornpaw, and when the older she-cat considered for a moment the gray apprentice felt a premature sense of triumph. After all, Frog had always been at ShadowClan. Where had Thornpaw been? However, she was soon disappointed when the other apprentice simply turned away and padded of to eat. Frog huffed and stormed after her, her tail lashing. "You think you're so great," she hissed. "Everyone else is so beneath you. What makes you think you even deserve that mouse? Weren't you a kittypet for a while?" Frog didn't care what scars or wounds the other she-cat had or how many moons older she might be; she didn't deserve anything that Frog hadn't already earned.

Salt in the Snow VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 12:03

Anger sparked in her blood at that. A kittypet? This kit didn't seriously have that much of a death wish, did she? "What'd you say, rat-face?" She snarled, rising to her large paws and unsheathing her claws. "I'm far from a kittypet, and if you really want this mouse so bad that you'll cop an attitude with me like some petulant kit, then why don't you quit pouting, come over, and take it from me like the great Shadowclan warrior you seem to think you are." Thornpaw wasn't about to let some mouthy brat get off easily after dropping a comment like that. "You're not entitled to anything, you know. Not this mouse, not this clan, and most certainly not that lack of respect you carry around like a medal of honor. Sooner or later you'll have to figure that out"

Salt in the Snow QNTjwT2

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 16:18

No sooner had Frog's insolent question left her mouth to hang in the air than did the other apprentice stand threateningly, claws unsheathed. Frog had to quickly reassess her position; she had learned from her first short-lived fight with Thornpaw that the other she-cat had some serious muscle packed under her scarred pelt. Should it come to actual blows, Frog was concerned she would lose. Not only that, but Scorchstar would never let her be a warrior if she started a fight with an older Clanmate. Still, Frog didn't back down or cower when Thornpaw began ranting about Frog's attitude. She certainly wouldn't give the other apprentice that satisfaction.

Frog let Thornpaw say her piece, simply rolling her green eyes and staring at the other apprentice with a bored expression. When at last the other she-cat was done, Frog responded, "Oh! Funny you mention entitlement, actually. Last time I checked, respect was earned. You certainly haven't earned it, what with your suddenly appearing back on ShadowClan territory after StarClan knows how long doing who knows what and threatening to flay me and everything." Her tail lashed and she growled, "What makes you think you deserve that mouse any more than I do?"

Salt in the Snow VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 17:07

Thornpaw lifted her chin, continuing to look down at the apprentice. "I never told you to respect me, kit, but you might want to check how you treat everyone else." She'd seen that smart attitude she flung at most any cat that crossed her path. She knew based on the look in Frog's eye that the little rat was striving to grow and prove herself, but that wasn't her problem. Gritting her teeth, she bitterly mused that the day had been going so well prior to this. Flicking her tail in the apprentice's face with the same amount of insolence that Frog flaunted on the daily, she turned towards her meal again. Frog wasn't any kind of threat. "I also didn't tell you that I deserved to eat more so than you. I just said you weren't entitled to it. Like I said, if you wanted it so bad then you should have grabbed it sooner. Quit pouting and get out of my face, your age is showing. Again."

Salt in the Snow QNTjwT2

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow EmptyTue 15 Jan 2019 - 7:24

Frog continued to glare defiantly back at Thornpaw as the she-cat told her to check her attitude. The apprentice's response was a huff and a dramatic eye-roll, after which she continued to glare at the other. However, Thornpaw was still unphased, even going so far as to flick her tail in Frog's face. Frog's response to that was to swat at the tip of Thornpaw's tail - though a bit delayed to intentionally miss, since she was almost certain Thornpaw would consider even tail-batting grounds enough to start a brawl. Not that I don't want to sink my claws into her stupid neck, she thought angrily, but Scorchstar would kill me if Thornpaw didn't do it first.

Thornpaw continued to belittle and demean Frog as the gray apprentice listened with growing anger and frustration. Thornpaw wasn't exactly wrong; Frog should have grabbed it sooner, and she knew it. She just hadn't known what she wanted until it belonged to the one other cat that she didn't want to have it. "Quit pouting and get out of my face, your age is showing. Again." At that Frog felt hurt, which only made her more angry. She looked young because of her dumb round face, but she wasn't a kit! She was almost a warrior now. Frog hissed "You don't know anything about me!" and whirled around to stomp out of camp, feeling humiliated and enraged. Eating was the last thing on her mind, but maybe some hunting and killing would make her feel better.

Salt in the Snow VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salt in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt in the Snow   Salt in the Snow Empty

Back to top Go down

Salt in the Snow
Page 1 of 1