Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting in the shadows:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : Currently Inactive :(
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 2009

Hunting in the shadows: Empty
PostSubject: Hunting in the shadows:   Hunting in the shadows: EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 17:01

Crowfur had taken one of his apprentices, Minkpaw, out to hunt. He had been spending so much time with Ravenpaw since the incident of her losing her eyesight that the warrior had totally forgot to train poor Minkpaw as well. Today was the day he'd spend his time with the apprentice.

"Minkpaw, do you know what the hunting crouch is?" The warrior and apprentice duo were both slowly walking torward Crowfur's favorite hunting spot. The tom was curious as to how much knowledge Minkpaw had as of now. He didn't want to teach him what he already knew. That would probably be a bit too boring.
Back to top Go down
Ivy-ssi

Ivy-ssi

Characters : Cardinalpaw ♂ | Minkpaw ♂ | Whitepaw ♀ | Hickorypaw ♂ | Eveningkit ♀
Clan/Rank : (C) SkC app (M) SC app (W) TC app (H) RC app (E) WC kit
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 697

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the shadows:   Hunting in the shadows: EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 20:48

Minkpaw nearly jumped with excitement when he was they were gonna train. Some of the kits back in the nursery made fun of his short legs, that really got him down. He wanted to show them he could be just as good a warrior as they could. But that annoying thought always kept finding a way to creep up on him.,What if they’re right? What if I will never be a good warrior? he pushed away the thought, as he always tried to do. He can’t just think something without trying anything first.

He followed Crowfur into the territory. You could occasionally hear a toad, or frog. Lots of birds, squirrels... he enjoyed taking in all the smells and sounds.
”Minkpaw, do you know what the hunting crouch is?” at that question Minkpaw felt a tad embarrassed. ”No...” Was he supposed to have known that already? Maybe not, this is what training is for, right? He straightened up, ready to learn.

Minkpaw | tom | SC app

Whitepaw | She-cat | TC app

Hickorypaw | Tom | RC app

Eveningkit | She-cat | WC kit

<3
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the shadows:   Hunting in the shadows: EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 8:34

Crowfur smiled and placed his tail on the apprentice's shoulder as a way to say "it's okay". "I just wanted to see what I don't have to teach you. Many apprentices don't want to learn what they already have." Crowfur then stepped away to give himself more room so he can demonstrate. "The hunting crouch, as it's name suggests, is the position you have to use to stalk then catch prey. It make you more successful in catching prey. Now watch what I do." The warrior turned himself to where Minkpaw was facing his side. Then he crouched down, paws spaced a decent amount apart. His belly and tail were barely touching the ground and were parallel to it. His ears were pressed back but not too much to be able to muffle his hearing. His eyes were narrowed in concentration. Finally, it seemed that he wasn't pressing too hard on the ground so his weight was evenly distributed. The tom stayed like that for a few moments before getting up. "Now you try." he said with an encouraging smile.
Back to top Go down
Ivy-ssi

Ivy-ssi

Characters : Cardinalpaw ♂ | Minkpaw ♂ | Whitepaw ♀ | Hickorypaw ♂ | Eveningkit ♀
Clan/Rank : (C) SkC app (M) SC app (W) TC app (H) RC app (E) WC kit
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 697

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the shadows:   Hunting in the shadows: EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 13:37

Minkpaw nodded as he examined the crouch. Paws are... that far apart, belly and tail barely brushing the ground... ears are like that... okay.
He tried his best to do exactly what Crowfur did. It was sloppy, his feet were too far apart. He couldn’t tell why it didn’t feel right until he shifted his paws.
But the his realized his belly and tail were not barely touching the ground, they were pressed against it. He straightened up, just a tad. Was that because he was already so low to ground, he didn’t have to crouch as much? Maybe that would be a benefit. ”Is this good?”

Minkpaw | tom | SC app

Whitepaw | She-cat | TC app

Hickorypaw | Tom | RC app

Eveningkit | She-cat | WC kit

<3
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the shadows:   Hunting in the shadows: EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 9:33

OOC: I'm super sorry for the delay! I hadn't realized I haven't posted yet! :0

IC: Crowfur smiled reassuringly when the apprentice asked the question. "That's pretty good! Always make sure to distribute your weight among your paws. That's all you need to work on!" Crowfur resumed his hunting crouch. He was now going to demonstrate how to sneak and stalk. "Now, I'll show you how to sneak up on prey while in the crouch. Watch me closely." The dark-furred tom slowly made his way toward a rock. His paws barley made any sound, his dark pelt blended against the shade and shadows. When the tom was 2 tail lengths away he readied his haunches, waited a few moments to make sure the rock hadn't "noticed" him, and then pounced with paws outstreched. He "caught" the grey stone then turned to address the apprentice, "Now you try Minkpaw!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the shadows:   Hunting in the shadows: Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting in the shadows:
Page 1 of 1