Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am

Lightpaw sat up from where he had been grooming himself, his snowy white fur glittering warmly in the cool sunlight. He was certainly of the age to become a warrior now - his brother, Aspenstrike, had been granted his ceremony nearly a moon ago - but he didn't mind that his training continued. After all, he felt that he had much to learn before he could truly help the Clan. On a patrol with Mottledpaw and his new friend and Clanmate, Firepaw, Lightpaw had had to fight a raccoon. Mottledpaw had been incapacitated so quickly that Lightpaw had become suddenly aware of their mortality. While Lightpaw hadn't been in great danger, he knew it easily could have been; if he had gone ahead, rather than Mottledpaw, he would've been the one to get a face full of raccoon claws. He realized he had more to scent, more to learn, and more to practice.

With that in mind, the young RiverClan apprentice stood to seek out Jaystar, a tom who Lightpaw admired and deeply, deeply respected, and to whom Lightpaw felt fortunate to be related. The apprentice knew that his mentor must be going through a lot with Goldeneye's return, WindClan's heartless betrayal, Shade and his seemingly unending violence, and Cinderfall's disappearance on top of the burdens of leading a Clan. Lightpaw hesitated for a moment before approaching, wondering if he ought to leave his leader, mentor, grandfather in peace to focus on his current troubles. However, after regaining his composure, he realized that perhaps Jaystar needed a distraction - or to talk about it with an outside source. Lightpaw wanted to add another item to his list of titles for Jaystar: his friend. After all, they were family.

Lightpaw mewed warmly, "Good afternoon, Jaystar. Are you busy? I-I was thinking maybe I could use some more training." He hoped it wasn't disrespectful for an apprentice - however old - to ask their mentor for more instruction. Jaystar had taught him a lot, and Lightpaw knew he would learn more in time, but he was ready to learn more now.

Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 pm

The leader was thinking... in all what troubled his mind. Cinderfall, Shade, Brindlestar... all those faces lurked his thoughts and everything seemed like a tornado. Yet, he had to stay calm, quiet and strong. It was hard to pretend all the time but it had to be done. And now... he had more reasons to be happier, to see the light in this darkness that seemed to obscure Riverclan's future. His kits... all of them and the rest of his family.

Before the white tom could even approach, he was already thinking about him. Lightpaw had been a good, well-behaved apprentice, willing to listen and do whatever he told him to. He had the best traits of both of his parents and there was no doubt he would as good as his brother, Aspentrike. Something in his eyes and shape made him remember the old days when Stormstrike was Stormpaw, a young passionate and strong apprentice who loved his family and admired him. He had changed so much since that time... but his kits were just like him when he was younger.

That was why he purred even if he was mentally exhausted when Lightpaw approached him. The leader stood up and got surprised by his request. He was a few days away from becoming a warrior. The basics skills were learned and he had everything to be a Riverclan warrior. Any other apprentice would have spent those last days enjoying himself, preparing for the big day. However, it made him happy to see how interested his grandkit was in learning more so he could be more. "Afternoon, young one. You already know every ability that I could teach you yet... I'm happy you asked. You've been such a good apprentice and... to be honest... there's something I wanted to teach you too before you join brother, Lightpaw. We can leave now if you're ready. It's going to be a long trip so you better be prepared. This will be our last lesson." He mewed with smile.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] Signat14
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Lightpaw watched his leader stand, purring back softly when he heard a purr from him. The white tom worried, when Jaystar first spoke, if his mentor was going to deny him any more lessons. He knew he couldn't possibly know everything Jaystar knew. Before he could protest, however, Jaystar went on, and Lightpaw was appeased. Immediately, then, Lightpaw was intrigued, for his grandfather mentioned wanting to teach him one more thing.

Lightpaw nodded eagerly and replied, "Yes, of course. Thank you. I'm ready." He kneaded the ground excitedly, almost feeling like a kit again. "Where shall we go?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 3:17 pm

The tom gave him a sincere smile despite all of the pain he had been going through. Lightpaw cheered him up even in this dark times. "Follow me and you will see. It's a peaceful place when is empty..." He purred softly giving his apprentice a fatherly nudge with his shoulder. The leader made his way to the exit, with the apprentice by his side. The sun was still high but it will probably turn to dusk when they arrive at their destiny.

"Stay close and relax. Enjoy this last lesson together..." His words were not only intended for the white-furred tom but for himself too. If he wanted to enjoy, treasure this moment, he had to let go of his worries... at least for a little while...

(Time skip)

As he predicted, the sun was going down slowly when the two RiverClanners reached the clearing of the Fourtrees. Even though it was leaf fall, the leaves of the trees stayed with a beautiful green colour. The tom entered the quiet clearing and breathed deeply. It was quite relaxing when he didn't have to stay on the top of the Great Rock.

He turned his face to Lightpaw, smirking. "It's time to climb. Come and follow my lead." The RiverClanner chose one of those tall trees and even if climbing wasn't his best skill, he did know how to do it. Placing his paws on the log, he dug his claws on it and moved upwards using his hind legs as the impulse for that actions. Slowly but steady, the leader climbed from branch to branch until he found one large enough to hold the two cats. He laid down there after he made sure that Lightpaw was okay. His green eyes then gazed at the view that the high tree offered them. The forest, the river... all of that covered in the orange light of a near dusk. "You know... I've always loved how the light of the dusk illuminated the river of our territory. It has always reminded me how wonderful our home is... and how much I've to treasure it to stay that way..." He purred with a nostalgic expression.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 9:03 am

Lightpaw couldn't think of where Jaystar could possibly mean to take him; it couldn't have been the beech copse, because they had been there when it was empty several times. He tried to imagine where else Jaystar might want to take him as the pair made their way out of the camp and into their territory under the cool autumn sun. Lightpaw always admired how the light glimmered off of the sleek, well-oiled RiverClan pelts. At this moment, Jaystar looked like the most powerful cat in the forest to him.

The two made occasional idle chatter and comments as they made their way across the territory. For the most part, however, the mentor and apprentice pair traveled in peaceful quiet, taking in the colors and scents around them. At first, Lightpaw still couldn't imagine where they might be going, but as they drew nearer his pawsteps began to recognize the path towards Fourtrees, where the Clans met for the gathering every full moon. A thrill went through him and he wondered how many cats got to see an empty Fourtrees.

Lightpaw padded into the clearing with his mentor and let out a quiet, absent "Wow." as he gazed around at the verdant trees. Fourtrees always seemed so small and crowded during the gathering; he was surprised to find this much room. What he saw now was bathed in late afternoon sun, rather than moonlight, and to Lightpaw it almost looked like a whole new Clan could live here.

Jaystar's voice caught Lightpaw's attention and the young white tom immediately whirled to face his mentor. The gray tabby had paced to the foot of a tree and was now looking up, preparing to climb. Lightpaw was excited to climb up next, and surprised with the relative ease with which his mentor ascended; RiverClan wasn't known for their tree-climbing, just their innate ability to swim well. Any skills outside of that were simply a show of RiverClan's prowess. Still, when his turn came and he gazed up the tree to where Jaystar settled himself in the crook of a thick branch, Lightpaw wondered if he would have the nack for climbing at all.

Determined not to be left behind, and knowing he had asked for this lesson, Lightpaw made his way to the foot of the same tree and looked up, swallowing his fear. As if overtaken by an unknown instinct he climbed the tree, and he barely realized the effort he'd put forth until he reached his mentor's side. Lightpaw panted for only a moment, feeling his young muscles straining but knowing this would make him stronger. He gazed out over the forest and realized, for probably the millionth time, how small he was.

Once again Jaystar's voice caught his attention, but Lightpaw was enraptured by the scenery and didn't look away. He still listened, and nodded slowly, as he watched the sun set slowly lower and lower, sending long shadows across the landscape like great cracks in the earth. The apprentice was speechless, but attentive.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 pm

The tom took a deep breath as a warm breeze touched his long mane gently. He closed his green eyes to find peace but yet again the troubles seemed to rush into his mind at the second his sight turned black. There were so many things going on and it was so hard to focus on little, happy moments like this. The tom curled his tail, his eyes slightly narrowing a little his green eyes as he gazed once more to the view that was in front of them. He took a look at the Thunderclan forest remembering the bad relationship they still had with Leopardclaw and with Brindlestar as well. For a second, he wanted to unsheath his claws but he controlled himself. This moment was not to think about that... it was a mentor and apprentice moment... but also... a moment of family bonding. The tom let out a sigh and then glanced at the white-furred tom, tired but showing a small smile. "You have a strong soul, Lightpaw. I sensed it during your training and I can see greatness in you... I have no doubts you will be a great warrior, one that will be remembered if you continue developing that exceptional ability of yours..." He purred softly but determined. There was no doubt in his expression or voice.

"However, there's something more I've not talked with you and is important for what you will face once you're a warrior, Lightpaw." His eyes suddenly got slightly darker and his expression more serious. "Let me tell you what I wish I knew when I was your age... life is not easy and as you grow up you will see that the life of a warrior is often surrounded by death and loss. Starclan works in mysterious ways... and we cannot control who dies or lives sometimes, even if we wish that. During the rest of your life, young Lightpaw, you will have to witness death first-hand and when the time comes when someone you love or care of dies... you must be strong for them, for the cats that are still living. Mourn and cry but you always have to stand up again because there will be always someone waiting for you to come back. In those dark times... family and friends are what will save you... that's why... you don't only have to follow the Code and protect the clan but also look after your family. Don't be like Cinderfall and your father." He remembered his two kits, how they used to be before they started fighting before Stormpaw started developing a despise for his older brother that only ended up separating them even more. What would he have given away to have his brother, Hailkit, back? Stormstrike was losing his family because of that anger and his inability to forgive. Lightpaw couldn't be like that ever or anger would consume him too.

"I had a brother once and lost him when we were very young. He died of sickness at the end leaf-bare and I had to grow up alone because I have no close family left since Ivystar was too busy being the deputy... Loneliness is a depressing feeling that only drowns you into a pit. You must not be like that. Remember always that in this life... we don't walk alone. There are cats around us that are sharing their lives with ours... and we can't lose something as precious as that. You and Aspenstrike have a wonderful relationship, I honestly envy you for that and I pray you can always stay like that. With him by your side, you will never have to fight alone."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 6:16 pm

A long moment of silence stretched out between the two. Lightpaw was happy that, for a moment, they were both able to sit in the peace of the branches and take in the soft glow of sunset. Lightpaw found himself trying to name and remember every place in the territory, but it all looked so different from this angle and in the fall foliage. A sigh from Jaystar woke him from his hunt, and Lightpaw looked expectantly at his leader only to see a weary smile. His chest puffed out slightly at his mentor's praise, and he wondered what greatness his grandfather could be referring to. Great enough to become leader one day? he wondered, cautiously hopeful. But he knew it was a long way off.

Jaystar's tone became more firm and Lightpaw listened closely. His mentor offered him wisdom, and it struck close to home. When he had gone to the Moonstone, he, too, had questioned StarClan's motives for taking his mother - and his sister, who he learned had been stillborn. He had been too young to have even grieved the loss, though as he grew older he craved the relationships he saw others have with their mothers and wondered if his father might be more approachable if she hadn't passed. He nodded slowly, feeling embarrassment and sorrow on behalf of his father and uncle - wherever Cinderfall may be now.

Lightpaw understood what Jaystar was saying, but he wondered if he would have the strength to carry on if something were to happen to his father, or Jaystar, or, StarClan forbid, Aspenstrike. He and his brother had a deep bond that Lightpaw cherished, and knew that Jaystar wished for his own sons too. But then, the apprentice realized, Aspenstrike had kits and a mate now. Surely Lightpaw would need to stay alive and be strong to care for them. The gravity of Jaystar's advice hit him, and he nodded once and murmured a soft, "I understand."

Lightpaw's eyes widened slightly with surprise, and he couldn't help but give his mentor a surprised glance when he mentioned that he, too, had once had a brother. Three generations of brothers, two split by death or anger... Are Aspenstrike and I destined to suffer the same thing? Lightpaw was determined that the answer should be "Never". Finally, Lightpaw mowed, "What has happened between my father and my uncle to cause such anger? It can't just be about Gingerstripe, can it?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]   Family Ties, Family Tries [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Ties, Family Tries [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: