Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dewtuft's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Dewtuft's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Dewtuft's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dewtuft's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 26 Aug 2018 - 22:39

It was bizarre, he was prepared for the usual rabbit hunting dream, the one where he was able-bodied and could run so fast that he felt the wind brush through his pelt like the gentle rasps of Brindlestar's tongue. But instead he was alone in a field, under the vast stars that seemed to all be watching him, waiting for something to happen.

"Am I dead?" It was the most logical explanation, he wasn't exactly a young tom anymore, and Leafbare had been harsh on them after RiverClan stole lands from them. He wasn't really expecting it considering his reasonably good health, but elders had certainly died from less. His only regret was that he hadn't had a chance to tell his beloved mate, good bye. Brindlestar's reign had been short, but tumultuous. He wanted to be strong for her, not need anything of her except her love, bring her nothing but joy, but it seemed he would be hurting her in the worst way.

"You're not dead, mouse-brain." A voice harrumphed from behind him, startling the elderly tom to spin around and face the new visitor. It was a stout calico with amber eyes, he looked about as approachable as a porcupine. "I was told you were the sensible one out of that little of miscreants born of Hazefur, but it seems you're an idiot."

Snappy temper? Calico tom? There was only one cat he knew that fit the description.

"Gorsefeather?"

"Who else would it be? Ashstar has better things to do than play babysitter to WindClan, StarClan knows she did enough of it as leader. Now get over here, I've got knowledge to pass on, and time is short. Newleaf sun rises a lot earlier than Leafbare's." As he spoke a mile a minute, Dewtuft looked boggled, his eyes flicking around to try figure out what on earth the Medicine Cat was going on about. Nothing made sense.

"Er, Gorsefeather, I have no idea what you're going on about. Why do you need me to pass on knowledge? Is it a prophecy? Shouldn't that go to a Medicine Cat?" He was hesitant to stoke the other's tom's temper, but honestly, he was making as much sense as a raving badger. Dewtuft had just been hoping for an easygoing dream about hare-chasing, not this.

"What Medicine Cat? WindClan's been losing cats left, right and centre. But you, you for some darn reason have managed to stick around, even with that mangled thing you call a leg. So I'm giving this job to you. Support that mate of yours, and make WindClan survive the storms that loom on it's horizon." For a brief moment, Gorsefeather seemed sincerely concerned, his amber eyes taking on a darker glint as his fur clung to his frame uncomfortably. Dewtuft was naturally in quite a bit of shock, however the tom swallowed it. He told himself that this was no different to his burdens as a warrior, and that it was a chance to be useful, not a deadweight to his mate.

"O- Okay. What do I have to do?"

"This." Taking a leap forward, the able-bodied tom pressed his nose against Dewtuft's, and the knowledge was passed. It felt like a thousand bees stinging him from within as each memory, each bit of knowledge came with all the painful emotions attached. He felt ill, but in his dreams, there was no way to throw up. All he could do was grit his teeth and withstand it.

And as he was swaying on his feet, eyes bleary, the elder tom took a step back and began to recite the ancient words. "I, Gorsefeather, medicine cat of StarClan, call upon my fellow ancestors to look down on this warrior. He has endured the pains of knowledge to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help he will serve WindClan for many moons. So Dewtuft, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

"I.. I do." Even these simple words took a lot out of him.

"Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Dewtuft, from this moment you will be known as Dewpool. StarClan honors your courage and dedication, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of WindClan. The next time we meet will be at Moonstone with a briar in your pelt, I bet." A briar? The newly named Dewpool looked in confusion at the Medicine Cat, but before he could say anything, the calico gently nudged him on the ground. "Go forth to your clanmates, and help Brindlestar lead them."

Then it all faded away and he awoke in his nest, next to Cedarfur, Silentstrike and Quailfeather.

"Oh, Brindlestar is going to be in for a surprise."
Back to top Go down

Dewtuft's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp :: Tallrock :: WindClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Ceremonies-
Jump to: