Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony Empty
PostSubject: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 21:00

Mintwhisker sighed, stretching her short legs as she wandered through Skyclan territory. It was that magical time between darkness and dawn, where the world was bathed in quiet purple-gray and fog clung to the trunks of the towering oak trees. Despite her many moons as the only Medicine Cat of Skyclan, it felt like just yesterday she had been patrolling with Rippedstar, a young starry-eyed Warrior Apprentice filled with hope and high expectations. So much had changed since then.
The young she-cat blinked, turning her face toward the sky. The first streaks of pink had begun to burst over the horizon, determined to bring light back to the world. Mintwhisker sighed as the last stars began to fade, pointing her paws hesitantly in the direction of Skyclan's camp. Goodbye to the peace and quiet, hello to the constant fear of what would happen to Skyclan without her. Time was running out, and the string of deaths in Skyclan had made Mintwhisker only more aware of the fact that she wasn't going to be around forever. It was time to do what Oceanlight had done, what Rabbitfoot was going to do.
She hadn't shared a den with someone since her Medicine Cat apprentice ceremony, and had gotten used to the calmness that filled her little home when she was the only one inside. She supposed it was goodbye to that as well, along with the night sky. She closed her eyes for a moment, wishing the darkness and the quiet that it brought with it.

Her feet carried her faster than she would've liked, and soon she had arrived at the entrance to camp. With another sigh, the she-cat pushed her way through the bramble tunnel and emerged into the already-bustling clearing. She weaved her way among the warriors, lifting her paws as apprentices and kits scampered around. Queens peered out of the nursery, looking exhausted. Mintwhisker shot them a sympathetic glance. She supposed that Apprentice Ceremony would have to wait.
"Your clan's looking awfully thin," Mintwhisker jumped, looking around as her clanmates slumped over, evidently asleep. The background faded away, and her entire clan was floating in the stars.
Starclan. "H-hello?" Great, her stutter was back.
The strange voice spoke again. "You'd better wake them up before you forget how to."

Mintwhisker leapt to her feet, nearly hitting her head on the low ceiling of her den. "What? Where..." Her panic faded as she realized where she was.
Just a dream... She tried to reassure herself, hugging her tail around her body and leaning against the wall of the den. The first hints of sunrise were beginning to show when she finally moved, this time with purpose. They were right. She had to get an apprentice, and soon.
She already had a cat in mind; she hardly had to think as she padded toward the Nursery. The lithe she-cat ducked inside, her murky green eyes trained on a small golden she-kit curled up at the back of the den.
"Amberkit, wake up."

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 7:45

Amberkit's dreams were pleasant, but abstract. She saw colors and felt warmth, but she wasn't sure she was really there at all. It didn't feel like she was walking, but the colors changed and shifted around here, making her sleep feel like an exciting journey. A soft voice roused her from her dream, and the she-kit lifted her golden head to gaze around the nursery. Her dark eyes settled on the entrance, where Mintwhisker stood. The medicine cat's musty herb-scent drifted into the den and reminded Amberkit vaguely of her dream. As she gazed past the taupe she-cat, the kit realized it was still mostly dark outside.

Something in Mintwhisker's voice seemed odd, and Amberkit felt her curiosity pique. The golden kit stood from her nest and crept out carefully, scampering towards the medicine cat. "Hi, Mintwhisker," she mewed warmly, "did you know I am six moons old now?" A flicker of uncertainty showed in her eyes as she added, trying to be enthusiastic, "I'm going to be an apprentice soon."

Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles

Last edited by sumashira on Mon 27 Aug 2018 - 9:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 8:03

Mintwhisker cast her mind back to her own Apprentice Ceremony, many moons ago. There was no use keeping their destination a secret, but she didn't want to tell the young she-cat everything right there in the Nursery. "Come with me." She beckoned with her tail, and slid out of the nursery and into the night. They stopped at her quaint den, where Mintwhisker offered her a bundle of herbs. "Careful. They taste nasty." She mewed after quickly eating her bundle.

Before they left camp, the tabby sat down at the entrance. "Amberkit," She began. "Do you remember when you first met me, how you told me that you didn't wish to fight like the others? Well, I just had a dream, a message from Starclan.
Tonight, we travel to Highstones. There, you will meet with StarClan and become a Medicine Cat apprentice- My apprentice, if you wish."

It was all out in the open. Mintwhisker remembered the terrible pressure she had been under. She was glad that she had chosen a cat so young, one who had yet to travel down either path and was free to choose without any qualms or worry.

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 9:42

Amberkit was surprised by the brevity of Mintwhisker's response, and for a moment she wondered whether she ought to be following the she-cat out of nursery so late at night, especially without asking her mother for permission first. She hesitated at the entrance of the nursery and glanced back at her mother, curled up tight in their nest. She doesn't like when I wake her, Amberkit decided, turning to scamper out after the medicine cat, and Mintwhisker would never make me do something I wasn't supposed to do! She padded across the clearing to the medicine cat den, slipping inside after Mintwhisker.

As soon as Amberkit arrived, the medicine cat pushed a bundle of herbs towards her. Amberkit tilted her head and knelt down to sniff them. Despite all the other smells all around, Amberkit couldn't help but wrinkle her nose at how bitter the bundle smelled. Still, Mintwhisker told her to, so she bravely scooped them into her mouth and swallowed. She gagged as it made its way down, and she found herself trembling with the effort to not spit them back up, but she looked proudly up at Mintwhisker. She'd eaten all those herbs!

The medicine cat then left the den, heading towards the entrance of camp, and Amberkit followed eagerly, her tail up as she licked her lips to try to get rid of the flavor of the herbs. Mintwhisker spoke, and Amberkit replied with a happy squeak, "Yes! I remember when I met you!" Then Mintwhisker mentioned her hesitation to fight, and for a brief moment Amberkit felt her stomach knot with worry. StarClan had sent Mintwhisker a dream! Were they mad at Amberkit for not wanting to fight like her denmates did? Had they told Mintwhisker to punish her for her disinterest?

The following words the medicine cat spoke, however, left Amberkit completely speechless. No, they didn't want to punish Amberkit; they wanted to see her and walk with her! The golden kit's dark amber eyes flew open, and she gaped at Mintwhisker for several long, tense moments, lost for words. Medicine cat! The thought had never occurred to her! Everyone had always told her that she would be a Warrior. She had simply come to accept and expect it, even though she had her reservations about it. Now StarClan had chosen a different path, and Amberkit was afraid... yet, relieved?

"StarClan wants me?" she asked as she gazed into Mintwhisker's eyes, her voice barely a whisper. Her paws prickled and her stomach knotted, but as she thought of becoming Mintwhisker's apprentice she found her fur beginning to bristle with excitement while a sense of peace relaxed her heart. Amberkit didn't know what to say, but she trusted StarClan and Mintwhisker to help her find her true path; the thought of being a Warrior had never felt right. Lost for words, Amberkit simply stepped up to Mintwhisker and stretched up on her toes to touch her nose to Mintwhisker's, accepting the destiny being laid out for her.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 18:41

Mintwhisker blinked at Amberkit's wonder, smiling slightly as her concern melted away into relief. Amberkit was more than ready to travel down the path Starclan had set out for her. Mintwhisker shouldn't have doubted her for a second.
"Wonderful." She mewed, nudging the small she-cat's forehead before stepping back. "Let's not waste any more time. Luckily, we're close to Windclan's border, so we'll be able to cut across their territory with relative ease. I think you'll love Windclan- the sky stretches on for miles..." She continued to speak as they wandered through Skyclan territory, the short-legged she-cat leading by just a few pawsteps. It would be Amberkit's first time out of camp, and Mintwhisker didn't feel the need to rush. The sun was rising; they had all day to make it to Highstones.

The only time the she-cat's steps faltered was at the border. She hesitated, glancing down at the golden tabby for a moment. Amberkit had accepted her destiny so blindly... did she know what she had just agreed to? It was a great honor to be a Medicine Cat, but it was also incredibly lonely. Mintwhisker would be lying if she said she didn't miss the kinship she felt, sleeping in the Apprentice's Den with all her friends.
The Medicine Cat shook herself, stepping across the border with determination. This was what Starclan wanted. This was what Amberkit was born for.

Mintwhisker huffed as she lead the way to the top of Mothermouth, out of breath from the laborious climb.
"We're here," The she-cat mewed, once they had both finally made it to the top. Ahead, the Moonstone. Behind, the Forest. There was only one way to go. "The Moonstone is right through here." She began, slowly making her way into the tunnels. "I'll keep my tail stretched behind me in case you need any extra guidance. I nearly got lost my first time navigating the tunnels."

A few minutes later, the pair emerged into the open cavern that contained the Moonstone. All was dark; the Moon had yet to rise.
They didn't have long to wait. A cloud drifted across the sky, and suddenly the entire cave was filled with light. In the brilliance of the Moon, Mintwhisker spoke the ceremonial words that Crowstar had spoken to her. "Amberkit." She began. "Is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a Medicine Cat Apprentice?"

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyTue 28 Aug 2018 - 8:54

Amberkit had never been so far outside of camp before; her mother had taken her just outside camp to gather moss once, but that was the closest she'd come to being as far as she was now. She felt energy surging in her legs - a combination of excitement and of the herbs she'd eaten doing their job - as she padded after Mintwhisker, wide amber eyes drinking in her surroundings like rainwater. She listened to her new mentor eagerly as they struck out through new territory, learning about WindClan - which they were to walk through. The trek was long and hard, and as the distant Highstones drew nearer and nearer Amberkit felt her legs starting to become wobbly, but she was determined to keep going. StarClan had chosen her, and she was going to prove that she deserved it.

By the time they reached Mothermouth, Amberkit was sure her paws were going to fall off from exhaustion. The herbs had worn off, and she felt hunger gnawing at her belly angrily. It wasn't hard to ignore the rumbling in her stomach as she gazed, mouth gaping, into the sheer blackness in the tunnel before them. Mintwhisker offered her tail for guidance, and Amberkit was grateful, though as they slipped into the black cave she began to feel as though she'd be crushed by the rock around them. She made sure her whiskers brushed Mintwhisker's tail at all times, and tried to test each pawstep before she took it. Her ears and eyes strained to find some sense of distance and direction, but all she felt was wind ruffling her ear fur and the cold, narrow walls around her. She trembled, ready to burst with nerves, and suddenly the air opened up around them.

She opened her mouth to speak, but stopped herself as she remembered she wasn't meant to speak until they reached the Moonstone. She realized Mintwhisker stopped in front of her, and she stopped as well, wondering if they had made it. Where was the Moonstone, though? The silence stretched on for what seemed like hours, and then suddenly the cave was lit with a dazzling light. Amberkit couldn't help but gasp as she saw the tall, glowing stone before her. Her golden fur looked a pale yellow in the light, but her dark amber eyes looked brilliant as fire. Mintwhisker said her name and Amberkit's fur bristled; she looked into her new mentor's eyes and replied, "Yes, it is." They called me! I can't believe StarClan called me...

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyTue 28 Aug 2018 - 20:22

Mintwhisker nodded her approval, her murky green eyes bright as she remembered her own ceremony. "Come forward." She mewed, looking down at the golden she-kit with a small smile.

The taupe tabby she-cat took a deep breath and continued with Amberkit's ceremony. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this kit. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will." The words came easily to her, although she hadn't practiced, nor spoken the ceremonial words, before. The she-cat flicked her tail, walking gracefully closer to the Moonstone and drawing Amberkit closer with her tail. Press your nose to the Moonstone." She instructed. "And you will feel a strong urge to fall asleep. Don't fight it; you'll meet with a Warrior from Starclan soon. There, you'll be given your new name."

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 8:13

Amberkit could hear her heart pounding in her chest almost as loudly as she could hear Mintwhisker speaking the words of the ceremony, presenting her to StarClan. Her golden fur bristled with excitement and nerves and awe as Mintwhisker approached the Moonstone, drawing Amberkit close to it. The she-kit listened to her mentor's instructions and nodded slowly, crouching beside the Moonstone to touch her light pink nose to its cold surface. As the medicine cat had said, a wave of sleep surged through Amberkit, and she let it take her.

A cool breeze ruffled Amberkit's fur and she stirred in the moonlight. Had she fallen asleep? Had anything even happened? She searched her mind for memories of a dream, or of meeting with StarClan, and then she realized that stardust touched everything she saw. "StarClan!" she breathed, though what she was seeing was merely their hunting grounds. She gazed around the starry forest with wide, awed amber eyes.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony EmptySat 8 Sep 2018 - 6:52

A rush of wind sent a pawful of stars swirling in the breeze and across the clearing, the grasses rustled, though not from the wind. Amberkit watched, her dark amber eyes wide with awe as a tall, thick-furred silver tabby emerged from them. Stars shone in the approaching cat's pale yellow eyes, making them look like suns in darkness. The little she-kit stared as the StarClan cat approached, his muscles rippling powerfully under his long but well-groomed pelt. The tom stopped in front of her, and Amberkit couldn't help but crouch, feeling intimidated by the tom's size. He smelled of SkyClan, and fresh-kill.

"There's no need to be afraid, Amberkit," the silver tom murmured to her as he bent down to give her ear a lick, "No harm will come to you here in StarClan. You have been called to this path... and you have answered."

Amberkit slowly pushed herself up, though she still trembled as she realized how this tom dwarfed her. He must have been one of the biggest Warriors in the forest when he was alive! The tom's whiskers twitched, as if he were amused by what she was thinking, and she wondered if StarClan could read her mind. If they could, why hadn't Mintwhisker warned her? She did not respond to the tom, instead continuing to stare at him with wide, uncertain eyes.

"Amberkit, you have reached the age of six moons," the tom began, pressing on despite Amberkit's shyness. He knew that she was not afraid of StarClan, or the path that she was traveling - she had no doubts about them. Just about herself. That would come with time, and Mintwhisker would be a more than adequate teacher to give Amberkit the confidence she needed to become a great medicine cat - one that SkyClan deserved. "It is time you were apprenticed. From this moment on, until you receive your medicine cat name, your name will be Amberpaw." Amberpaw shivered as he spoke her new name.

"Mintwhisker has learned much in her lifetime, and we know that you will learn all she has to teach you," the tom finished, smiling down at her.

Amberpaw purred and mewed out a soft, "Thank you..." The golden tabby apprentice paused for a second, then asked, "Did StarClan send me the dreams about fields of herbs I used to have as a kit? The ones that led me to the medicine den and Mintwhisker."

The long-furred silver tom chuckled. "In a manner of speaking," he replied. "You were a kit - you would have found your way there eventually. It was just important for the memory to stick out to you." The tom reached down to lick her forehead and meowed, "Mintwhisker will be waiting for you now, Amberpaw. She will always walk with you and guide you, as will StarClan. Some days we may seem far away, and you may be lonely, but you must trust that we are watching you and waiting to guide you."

The tom's tall silver tabby body began to fade, and Amberpaw felt a sense of sadness as he disappeared, the last remaining stars scattered by a rush of wind. However, StarClan quickly faded with it, and Amberpaw felt herself slipping back into sleep.

Amberpaw's eyes fluttered open to see the last light of the Moonstone fading, and then suddenly it was black around her again. Her fur bristled with alarm as she realized that she didn't know where Mintwhisker was; she hadn't thought to look for her before the light dimmed. She gazed in the darkness to no avail. Amberpaw was surprised by how calm she felt, though. She was as close to StarClan as she'd ever been. Instead, the Apprentice hesitantly mewed out, "Mintwhisker...?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony   Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony Empty

Back to top Go down

Amberkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cermony
Page 1 of 1