Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3843

Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 21:04

Mintwhisker walked slowly out of her den, two bundles of traveling herbs held tightly under her chin. Another day, another journey.
"Darkpaw." Mintwhisker tapped the apprentice with one paw. "It's time to go."
When the apprentice finally stirred, Mintwhisker withdrew from the den, walking towards the edge of camp to wait for her to grab a bite to eat before they left. "I know the herbs taste awful," She mewed sympathetically, "But they'll give you energy and keep the hunger at bay until we make it back." Once Darkpaw had eaten all the herbs, Mintwhisker lead the way out of camp and towards Mothermouth.

"Be careful- the path can be slippery." Mintwhisker carefully padded up the steep base of the mountain, wending her way gracefully past rocks and boulders. When the pair finally arrived at the top of the mountain, the Medicine Cat paused for a moment, catching her breath. "I want you to stay right behind me, alright?" She nodded at the tunnels. "It's pitch black in there, and I don't want you getting lost."
The short-legged she-cat lead the way through the tunnels, making sure to keep her tail outstretched in case the she-cat required any extra guidance. After a short while, the pair emerged into the main chamber, which was already filled with Moonlight that reflected off of the Moonstone. "Don't be afraid." Mintwhisker sat down near the tunnels. "Touch the Moonstone, and you'll feel a strong urge to fall asleep. Once you do so, you'll find yourself in Starclan. I'll be right here when you wake up."

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 7 Aug 2018 - 0:59

At the call of the medicine cat, Darkpaw awoke. Today was the apprentice's Moonstone journey, and if she was honest she didn't know how to feel or what to do and that lack of control scared her. She kept reassuring herself that it'd be fine, her sister had done it, so she could do it too. Forcing down her negative thoughts, Darkpaw ate her herbs and joined the medicine cat.

~~~

The cave was dark to say the least, Darkpaw found her fears resurfacing and she quickened her steps. Soon, the glowing Moonstone was in view. The she-cat almost ran right past the medicine cat, but when Mintwhisker begun to spoke, the white faced she-cat halted and listened carefully. After gathering a understanding of what to do, she trotted forward and touched her nose to the moonstone, feeling a drowsiness sudeenly sweep over her. Darkpaw's eyes fluttered shut.

~~~

When she reopened her blue eyes, she found her self in a starry meadow. Darkpaw stepped forward, a little unsure -- it was as if she'd forgotten how to walk. Her blue gaze swept over the blades of grass and she quickly begun to fee alone and frightened. Panic took over the tuxedo she-cat, she done everything right, hadn't she?

"Hello, Darkpaw."

The voice caught the young cat off guard and she spun around, claws unsheathed. A fluffy cinamon cat with stars woven throughout his pelt shimmered into life. Darkpaw let out a low growl. " Don't. Touch. Me." she yowled attempting to sound confident, but she reeked of fear scent.

The tom chuckled lightly. "I don't wish to hurt you, Darkpaw. This is StarClan and I am Sprucethorn." the tom flicked his bushy tail gesturing to the starry grassland around them. Sprucethorn smiled gently at Darkpaw, awaiting her response.

Darkpaw glared angrily at the warrior. she'd never heard of any Sprucethorn and she could smell the scent of WindClan on his starry pelt. She was quite surprised she could, she'd thought they'd smell of StarClan, still she wasn't particularly sure what that was suppose to smell of. Darkpaw sized up the tom, attempting to see if he was a threat, but she decided his words were true and the fear slowly started to ebb away, instead replaced with a burning curiosity. " Who are you?" she mewed, even though she knew his name and his clan. There must of been something more to the tom. Why else would he of visited her.

Darkpaw's body language shifted and Sprucethorn's smile widened. He must be doing this moonstone journey thing right, he'd never done one of these before. At the apprentice's question Sprucethorn nodded. " I was a warrior of WindClan before I died. I grew up with your father." he meowed eyes travelling to the stars, before returning to meet Darkpaw's. "We trained together as apprentices before he decided WindClan was not his clan. He left and chose SkyClan, however we remained friends." He hoped he had answered her question well enough, before he continued on. "Darkpaw, although i knew Rippedstar well and I would enjoy telling you stories about him, our time  together is short and you will awake soon. Is there anything else you want to have answered?" meowed Sprucethorn curling his tail around his paws.

The tom's answer surprised Darkpaw, her father was from WindClan?! The white faced she-cat didn't know how to feel, a hint of betrayal nagged at her, but she pushed it away. Rippedstar would of told her, if he hadn't been taken from them so soon. It surprised Darkpaw, that she didn't have anything more to ask and that Sprucethorn had answered her question. Smiling softly, the young she-cat shook her head. She trotted forward and touched her nose to Spucethorn's.

Sprucethron returned Darkpaw's gesture. 'You will make a fine warrior." he mewed before beginning to fade.

Darkpaw opened her eyes as the starry landscape and brown warrior faded away into blackness.

~~~

The brightness of the moonstone filled Darkpaw's vision and she knew she was back in the world she was familiar with. The apprentice's eyes adjusted to the light and she turned around to face Mintwhisker. 'I'm ready to go home," she mewed.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down

Darkpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1