Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The hunting begins!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

The hunting begins! Empty
PostSubject: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 pm

The deputy awoke a tiny bit earlier than normal. Dawn was slowly approaching making the camp light up with life. The tom worked around the camp as quietly as he could, stopping every few minutes to see if it was time. He was taking his newest apprentice out to go hunting. He did tell him that they were going out pretty early. He saw a few warriors get up from their nests to start the day. There was a bit of time left so he helped the warriors plan out the dawn patrols.

Finally, Swiftstep walked over to where the apprentices slept and carefully picked out the pelt of young Barleypaw. Once he did, he gently prodded him and told him to meet him at the camp's entrance for some hunting. The tom made his way to the meeting point and sat down. As he waited by the entrance, the brown-furred tom began to slip into his thoughts.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 5:03 pm

Barleypaw had gotten so used to waking as the dawn patrol left that when Swiftstep, his new mentor, came to rouse him he had already been coming out of his dreams. The sandy Apprentice lifted his head and nodded, watching the deputy leave the den and make his way to the entrance. I can't believe I'm starting training today!

Barleypaw sat up in his new nest in the Apprentice's den, giving himself a very quick groom before trotting across the camp to meet with Swiftstep. Barleypaw's dark hazel eyes were glimmering in the slowly brightening world. "I'm ready!" Barleypaw beamed. No sooner had he said those words than did his stomach let out a low, deep growl.

"Oh, I, ah, probably need to eat," the Apprentice said sheepishly, glancing towards the fresh-kill pile.

The hunting begins! VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 12:43 am

Swiftstep chuckled and got up from his spot. He then briskly made his way over to the fresh-kill pile and grabbed a decent sized rabbit. Then he walked back over to Barleypaw and placed down the prey at the apprentice's paws. "I don't want you hungry before we head out so eat. Tell me when you're finished." he said with a grin.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am

Barleypaw felt his fur radiating heat of embarrassment, but it began to quickly subside at his mentor's chuckle. The deputy left and returned with a rabbit, which made another soft rumble make its way through his belly. "Thank you, Swiftstep," Barleypaw mewed gratefully, tucking into the rabbit hungrily.

Once the sandy Apprentice had eaten his fill, he swiped his tongue around his muzzle and jumped to his feet once again, purring, "Okay, now I'm ready!"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 3:35 pm

OOC: Sorry for posting this late! I'm all over the place in irl! Also, do you know where the dice is located to use it? You said that you have read over the hunting system but I want to make sure that you know where the dice is located.

The older tom nodded with his signature grin and beckoned for Barleypaw to follow him. As the toms began to head over to Swiftstep's best hunting spot, the deputy gave a quick tour of everything around them both, which included the borders. He pointed out places like the Lone Stump, the Gorge, and the Thunderpath as well as giving warnings about the more dangerous locations. He also explained what techniques to use during certain situations while hunting. The tom even showed the apprentice how to do the Hunter's crouch.

Eventually, both of them finally made it to the hunting spot. Swiftstep looked around to try and spot a rabbit. He wanted to show Barleypaw how to use what he taught him with an example. The brown tom soon spotted a preoccupied rabbit. He nodded to his apprentice and led him a bit closer to the prey. "Wait here Barleypaw. Watch me carefully. I'm about to apply all that I had taught you when trying to catch that rabbit." whispered the tom.

The large feline crouched down as close to the ground with his tail also laying low. His belly wasn't touching the ground nor was his tail, it was perfectly parallel to the land under him. His ears were pressed back against his head and his weight was evenly distributed among his paws. He slowly and slowly inched closer to the unsuspecting bunny. When he was at a good leaping distance, he pounced.

The deputy caught it easily and quickly killed it in one bit. He walked back over to the young tom and nodded. He placed the catch down before beginning to speak, "Okay, I want you to catch a rabbit with what you have learned so far." he instructed with a reassuring grin. He knew Barleypaw would be able to do it. He had confidence in him.

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Middy on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 3:35 pm

The member 'Middy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

The hunting begins! Mistpe10
The hunting begins! Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Barleypaw did his best to keep up with his deputy and mentor, Swiftstep. 'He probably doesn't have that name for nothing,' the young tom thought to himself, chuckling inwardly. Fortunately, Barleypaw had long legs and strong WindClan heritage. He simply wasn't used to such long journeys. Still, his eyes were hungry for the sights awaiting him, his ears twitching every way. He took in every word that his mentor said, though he worried he would forget.

Though they had practiced the hunting crouch together, it still awed Barleypaw to watch Swiftstep use it in action. The deputy flawlessly caught the rabbit, and he brought it back like no big deal. Barleypaw shook his head to clear some of his excitement. It was time to be serious! Swiftstep instructed Barleypaw to catch a rabbit of his own, and though his stomach twisted, the Apprentice nodded dutifully and wandered off in search of a rabbit.

The young tom heard a rustle and dropped into a crouch, ready to spring into action. Belly low - 'no, not too low or else the grass will give me away' - and tail straight behind him, he crept, sucked in a deep breath, and pounced on the unsuspecting prey. Barleypaw felt surprised when it struggled beneath him, but he dug his claws in and bit down hard on its neck. It went limp and he stumbled for a moment before holding it up proudly.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

The hunting begins! Sig2
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:16 pm

OOC: Late again :(

IC: The deputy flashed the apprentice his signature grin. "Well done Barleypaw! That was a very impressive catch! Now I want you to try and catch a bird. It's trickier and may take multiple tries but I have faith that you'll be able to do it. The process is practically the same as catching rabbits and hares except if you manage to startle the bird, you'll have a brief moment to try and swat it out of the sky but once that moment is over, it's too high for us Windclanners to reach. Remember to try and keep as quiet as you can." said the tom. Then, Swiftstep nodded and let the apprentice hunt.

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Middy on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:59 pm

The young sandy Apprentice felt his heart swell with pride as his mentor praised him for the catch well done. Barleypaw wouldn't help but show his pride, his face a beaming grin and his chest puffed out as he sat the rabbit down in front of Swiftstep. The deputy explained what to catch next, and Barleypaw nodded, trying to listen carefully to what his mentor was telling him even though his head was swimming with excitement.

"Okay!" he practically shouted before sheepishly lowing his head and whispering, "Right. Quiet." With that, Barleypaw headed off again, feeling his fur prickly with anticipation. 'Gotta catch a bird,' he thought over and over, searching his surroundings. It seemed that every time he found a bird, it was as he was walking past a bush; they immediately flew away, barely giving him the chance to even notice them, let alone attempt to catch one.

Barleypaw had begun to feel uneasy about his assignment when finally the opportunity presented itself. A bird pecked away at some dry moss, collecting it for a nest, and Barleypaw crouched immediately. 'Remember the steps,' he thought, letting his instincts take over. The bird didn't have time to take off before Barleypaw's weight dropped on it, crushing it beneath his paws. He picked it up, radiating confidence now, and sprinted back to his mentor. "Fwiftpaw!" he called from a short distance away, his voice muffled around the bird's body. "I got a birb!"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:59 pm

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

The hunting begins! Sig2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The hunting begins!   The hunting begins! Empty

Back to top Go down

The hunting begins!
Page 1 of 1