Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Everything Begins With Your Stand

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Everything Begins With Your Stand Empty
PostSubject: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 16:10

Cedarstorm took Tansypaw out with the arrival of the dusk. There was no time to lose now that she was named as her apprentice and the young warrior would make sure she would be an amazing and strong warrior. "Come on, Tansypaw! Move faster if you don't want me to leave you behind! There's so much that I want to teach you before midnight!" She said loudly as she trotted into Shadowclan territory happily.

After some while running, the brown tabby finally stopped in the front of a dead tree surrounded by some puddles where frogs occasionally appeared. Turning back her attention to the black and white she-cat, she smiled at her defiant. "Well, training starts now! First of all, let's work in fighting poses and attacks. You must learn how to defend yourself and your loved ones. Have you ever play battle with other kits? I not, there's no problem. I'll teach everything you need." She purred, eagerly to start. Tansypaw was her first apprentice and she wanted to show Magpiestar how great she could be a mentor.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Everything Begins With Your Stand Signat14
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 11:55

Tansypaw made sure to listen attentively to her mentor as she spoke. "Yes, I did play fight some in the nursery," she replied, "but we didn't know any actual moves." She glowed at the thought of learning real battle moves.

OOC: sorry for the delayed reply-- since I am in a European time zone and only available after school my posts will generally happen around this time on week days

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 12:11

OOC: No problem, then. Proper battle training of system will start in my next post ;)

Cedarstorm nodded after the apprentice's response. "Perfect then! Okay, everything begins with your stand. Look at me." The brown tabby she-cat walked a few steps away from the she-cat and made the basic defensive crouch of every cat. She lowered her body a bit, kept her tail held up and her eyes always focused on her apprentice as she walked around so Tansypaw would see how to move using that technique. "This is what we know as a basic defensive crouch. This position allows you be prepared for any front attack and its perfect for a counterattack pushing your body against the lower part of the enemy or leaping toward your rival so you can knock them off." After her lesson, she stood up properly and gave Tansypaw a defiant smile.

"Now, try it." She waited for a second so the she-cat would understand what she had to do and then she trotted to her with the purpose of attacking from the front. If Tansypaw achieved the defensive crouch, then she would attack her back or at least she would avoid her move using the crouch and jumping to one side. Each of the results would be perfect. Cedarstorm jumped toward the apprentice with her claws sheathed and with the objective of only pushing her down if she failed.

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 10:03

Tansypaw watched carefully as Cedarstorm demonstrated the defensive crouch. After studying her position quickly, she backed up slightly to attempt the crouch herself. She slowly lowered her shoulders and kept her tail and haunches up so that she would be able to spring upwards. "Like this?" she asked her mentor. She looked at Cedarstorm out of the corner of her eye, careful not to move her head.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 11:01

Cedarstorm landed in her four paws and turned her sight back to the apprentice with a satisfied smile. "Yes. Just remember, even when you're moving backward or when you're jumping to dodge an attack, you must never lose the eye contact with your opponent. Enemy cats can take advantage and attack you from behind without you noticing them."

The brown tabby she-cat turned her sight to a dead fallen tree and saw a good opportunity there for battle training. "Come, let's start with offensive moves. Those are the ones you need the most." Beckoning the log with her head, she walked to it and lowered her body a bit just to stretch her hind legs a bit and slice the wood of the tree with one unsheathed claw, leaving a deep mark over there. "Now, copy what I did and then I'll see what you can do better."

Cedarstorm used Front Paw Strike on the Fallen tree, dealing 9 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Cedarstorm
45/45 HP
150/160 SP

Fallen tree
-9/??? HP
???/??? SP

---------------------------------------

OOC:
I'm gonna just copy and paste a text that I wrote explaining another rper how to use the battle system. Hope you don't mind :3 (I'm lazy :P)

Okay then, the battle system is a bit more complex than the hunting system. Each possible move on the site is here: Battle System. As you might see, there are several moves and each rank deals different damage. For example, an apprentice that uses Front Paw Strike can only deal 6 damage using the same stamina as a young warrior that can deal 9 damage using the same move.

The stats of each rank is detailed here: Rank System. If you run out of stamina, you're out of combat. If you run out of HP, then you can either let your cat die, collapse or just run away from the battle. You can no longer fight if any of those stats are gone and you can only recover HP with the help of a medicine cat, so each time you get into a fight then you will have to set a healing topic for your cat in the Medicine Den.

BTW, there are also special moves for each clan (for example, Riverclan has the Underwater Push-Off and Underwater Clinch) and there are moves that can STUN your opponents. This attacks cannot be used twice in a row, which means if the rival ends its time stunned you must not use another move that can stun it again.

Moves like Leap-and-Hold and Teeth Grip uses the dices system. Instead of choosing the Hunting Dice like you did during hunting, you must choose the Effect Dice. Depending on the number is the time the opponent is stunned.

I think that is the basic you need to know but either way you should check also the Battle Rules

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 11:53

Tansypaw breathed a silent sigh of relief, proud that she had done relatively well on her first attempt and her mentor appeared satisfied. She moved over to the fallen tree where Cedarstorm had indicated. She positioned herself in front of it, trying to imitate her mentor's stance, lowering her body just a little bit. Then she lashed out with her paw, creating long, thin grooves in the bark with her unsheathed claws. "Did I do it right?" she asked.

Tansypaw used Front Paw Strike on the Fallen Tree, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Tansypaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Fallen Tree
-6/??? HP
???/??? SP

OOC: Did I do it right? That was easier than I thought it was going to be :D

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptySat 11 Nov 2017 - 9:39

Her blue eyes watched with deep attention the attempt of her apprentice and she nodded to her question. "Your position was perfect. Now, do it again, faster and stronger. Remember to keep your body lowered and your hind legs prepared to use them as an extra boost for speed and strength. Go!" She mewed energetic as she stood up to walk around her apprentice and analyze every movement she would make. It seemed like she didn't have major difficulties in fighting and that was good. Shadowclan needed strong warriors able to protect the clan.

OOC: You did it perfect ;). Once you get it is actually pretty simple and easy to use. Now, do it again and then we would continue with fight moves that cause stunned conditions.

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 12:53

Tansypaw backed up, glowing with anticipation. This was exciting! She concentrated on getting her position right again, but this time, instead of moving slowly, she sprang into the stance, lowering her body more than before and bending her hind legs a bit more behind her. As soon as she was in the right place, she reached out and scratched the tree swiftly.

Straightening up from the log, she looked over at Cedarstorm. The brown tabby she-cat was turning out to be a really good mentor. Tansypaw was more confident than ever that she would become a good warrior with her mentor's guidance.

Tansypaw used Front Paw Strike on the Fallen Tree, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Tansypaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

Fallen Tree
-6/??? HP
???/??? SP

----------------------------

OOC: Sorry that took so long, I promised myself I would finish my algebra homework before I got online. Let's just say I'm not that good at math :D

Also, I have a question! How do the cats regenerate stamina points?

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 15:09

Cedarstorm smiled proudly of the great improvement of her apprentice. She was fast, strong and a quick learner so she had to put her on her limit and she liked challenges like that. "That was worthy of a Shadowclan warrior, Tansypaw. You did it great but that was the easy part..." She mewed grinning to her apprentice as she walked away from the she-cat a few steps. With her tail held up proudly, the warrior trotted toward the log and jumped, landing over it with unsheathing claws like she was pinning down an enemy. She bit the "scruff" of the cat that was actually a branch and then looked down at the she-cat with a smile. "If you want to stop your rival from doing any attack this is what you had to do: leap and hold. You must put your paws over the shoulders or back and then bit the scruff, without killing. Remember that a warrior only kills when the other cat is attempting to end your life. Now, go!I'm waiting right here."

Cedarstorm used Leap-and-Hold on the Fallen Tree, dealing 9 damage and costing 10 stamina. Fallen Tree is stunned for two turns.

Cedarstorm
45/45 HP
140/160 SP

Fallen Tree
-9/??? HP
???/??? SP

OOC: Stamina is immediately recovered after the battle is over. There's no need to visit the medicine cat to get that back, only your HP.

Now, about moves with side effects. Like you might see in the Battle System thread, Leap-and-Hold is one of them. I don't if you know how to roll the dices but here's a quick explanation. When you post a reply, you must click the "Post Reply" banner (the one with the blue cat). Under the white rectangle where you write your reply, on the left side, there's a place that says "Dices Roll". You must choose the "Effect Dice", then write your post and send it. After that, you'll see the number of your "roll dice".

For example, since I got a 5, the Fallen Tree is stunned for two turns. When that happens, the cat cannot do any move during two of HIS or HER turn, not yours. What does this mean? In the next two replies of the stunned roleplayer he or she can't do anything.

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 15:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15092

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 15:09

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Everything Begins With Your Stand Mistpe10
Everything Begins With Your Stand Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 9:29

Tansypaw nodded, then carefully watched as Cedarstorm demonstrated the next move. "So I just have to jump on it and grab the 'scruff' in my teeth? Okay." Tansypaw was a bit nervous about this move, since it looked more complicated. She prepared herself to jump, and when she was ready she launched herself on top of it. She planted her paws on either side of the branch she was meant to grab, wobbling for a split second. Then she regained control and bit down hard on the branch.

Tansypaw used Leap-and-Hold on the Fallen Tree, dealing 9 damage and costing 10 stamina. Fallen Tree is stunned for 1 turn.

Tansypaw
20/20 HP
50/80 SP

Fallen Tree
-6/??? HP
???/??? SP

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Mon 13 Nov 2017 - 9:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15092

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 9:29

The member 'Ruskavelle' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Everything Begins With Your Stand Mistpe10
Everything Begins With Your Stand Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 11:57

The warrior nodded at her question with a smile. She looked at her more seriously since she seemed more nervous than in her last attempt. However, her leap wasn't bad at all. She just needed to improve her landing and balance. "Good work with your jump but you seem to have problems standing properly over the back of the "cat". If that happens, then you can unsheath your claws a bit so you can use them as support. But don't ever forget that unnecessary wounds that could cause the death of cat are forbidden in the Warrior Code. Now, push your paws down and keep your tail up."

OOC: Also, one more reminder. Leap-and-Hold is a move that keeps doing damage during the time the cat is stunned, so, in your next post, you should write:Tansypaw keeps using Leap-and-Hold, dealing 9 damage. Fallen Tree is no longer stunned. As you see, there's no loss of stamina. I'm not going to post that with Cedarstorm because she stopped the "attack" on the tree but you do it, please.

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 12:09

"Got it," Tansypaw mumbled through the branch, which she still gripped with her teeth. She sunk her claws into the bark of the log and lifted her tail as her mentor had instructed. Tansypaw realized that Cedarstorm was right; it did help with balance.

Tansypaw keeps using Leap-and-Hold, dealing 9 damage. Fallen Tree is no longer stunned.

Tansypaw
20/20 HP
50/80 SP

Fallen Tree
-6/??? HP
???/??? SP

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 13:13

"That's a lot better. Now, why don't we-" Her words stopped when her blue eyes gazed a mouse walking a few steps away from the log as it searched for food. With a sign of her head, she said to Tansypaw to stay quiet and then she jumped off of the tree, crouching her body so the rodent wouldn't see her hiding in the bushes. She stepped slowly, keeping her tail up so it wouldn't touch the ground but not pointing at the sky because the mouse could notice her and run. With lowered shoulders, she moved closer and then, in the right moment, she leaped using all the strength she had on her hind legs. Her jaws caught the mouse which couldn't run away in time.

Cedarstorm returned back to the log and buried the mouse quickly so she could start the next part of her lesson. "Well,
now that you see that, try hunting too. A warrior must be a good fighter as well as a good hunter."

OOC: Hunting system is easier. Instead of choosing the Effect Dice, you must choose the Hunting Dice. This will drop you a number between 1 and 10. Each clan has a range of success that you can see here: Hunting System. If you say you hunted a mouse but you got a 9, you can edit your post so the result of the hunting can change (remember that double-posting isn't allowed on the site).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything Begins With Your Stand   Everything Begins With Your Stand Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything Begins With Your Stand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next