Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Time for Boar (Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

Time for Boar (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:19

It was a calm day, both inside of camp and out of it. Marshstorm sat quietly in the midst of camp in contemplation as he noticed the large form of an older apprentice. He was pretty sure Boarpaw was the oldest apprentice. He looked over at Featherheart, the ginger tom was in a poor state. Too poor to properly mentor an apprentice that needed challenge. To do something.
"Boarpaw." He called, as he padded forward to the younger tom. "Come with me on a hunting patrol." He ordered, with a lack of urgency in his tone as he padded towards the entrance.

Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

Number of posts : 1273

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:33

The tom lifted his head from where he sat, sunning himself near the bracken wall of the apprentice den. He nodded, standing up and having the bracken tug on his fur. He gave the sky and exasperated look and shook his head, padding over to Marshstorm, seemingly embarrassed. He didn't dare look back at the tuft of fur he knew he left on the bracken. His molting was awfully embarrassing. As if he wasn't lacking hair already! This was the first time he'd ever molted and if was already something he was fed up with. He followed him through the entrance. "Do you have any good hunting spots, Marshstorm? I found one a few sunrises ago. An uprooted tree left a big gash. Lots of prey go there to drink. I caught a starling while it was washing itself just yesterday."

is that a p u n i see, cays? ene]

Time for Boar (Closed) Tumblr_inline_nxdnzzrYTJ1tvy6vg_500

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan Warrior
#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

Time for Boar (Closed) Latest?cb=20130824163422

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:59

The dark tabby deputy didn't notice the hair that Boarpaw left behind on the brambles. He moved up the gorge path confidently as the other tom spoke, nodding his approval at the hunting location mentioned.
"That spot is a good one." He commented, then paused when asked about his own. He hummed over it thoughtfully for a moment. "On the close edge of snakerocks. Where there is a small clearing. I've noticed an increase in squirrels. It must be where some of them stored their winter caches." He turned to Boarpaw with a soft smile he didn't have in camp. "I'll let you lead the way Boarpaw. Pick a spot that seems good to you."

(If it is, it was an accident XD Where? )

Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 23:17

"Let's try your spot. Squirrels should be fattening up now as they eat all of their stored nuts. Besides, squirrel fur would be a nice thing to line nests with for kits. It's a little too hot for us to use it but they should be able to have a cozy night." The tom mewed, he was very familiar with the different ways to line a nest. He had survived his kithood by taking rat fur and shreds of twoleg things to stay warm. As they arrived, he scented the air smelling squirrel. He flicked his tail in the direction of a squirrel rummaging through the leaf litter before stalking closer. Without thick or long fur, he could slip through thick foliage without tugging it and alerting the squirrel to his location. Bunching up his legs, he waited for it to come just a bit closer before shooting out at it with his paws outstretched. His claws caught tail and he dragged the squirrel to him, biting the neck swiftly. Lifting his head, he showed off the fat squirrel in his jaws. His eyes sparkle with pride at the catch.

i was thinking "time for boar" was a pun (time for more) perhaps my brain is made of puns...]

#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

Last edited by Kent Mansley on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 23:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 23:17

The member 'Kent Mansley' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Time for Boar (Closed) Mistpe10
Time for Boar (Closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyFri 15 Jun 2018 - 20:47

With a nod, the dark tabby tom lead the way to a small clearing. Large stones laid in the direction of snake rocks, and he was careful to avoid them. The medicine cat didn't need more injured cats on her paws. He watched as Boarpaw hunted, nodding in approval at his form and leap. The way Boarpaw was able to maneouver through the bush instead of around it was interesting, but good. Despite the tom's lack of hair, it didn't seem to bother him at all...
"Good catch!" Marshstorm praised as he padded forward, "You have good hunting f-..." He broke off mid word. The sound of scuffling paws reaching his ears and he immediately silenced himself, then flicked his tail to motion for silence as he crept slowly towards a bush in the undergrowth.

The soft grey fur of a rabbit met his gaze, and he stared at it for a moment to marvel at their luck. It was nibbling on soft grass shoots that were springing from the ground. He flattened himself, careful to move slowly. Muscles rippled as his pelt seemed to melt into the shadow of the tree next to him. His amber eyes watching the rabbit closely as he lunged for it. The soft furred rabbit looked up in time only to see Marshstorm's pelt as he clamped his jaws tight around it's throat and pinned it down to stop it from squealing and giving their location away to all the other prey. A swift blow dispatched it as he stood confidently over his catch. It would feed at least a couple members of the clan.
"as I was saying, you have good hunting form." He resumed his sentance from earlier. "At this rate, we'll have enough to feed the whole clan soon."

Last edited by Cays on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyFri 15 Jun 2018 - 20:47

The member 'Cays' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyFri 15 Jun 2018 - 22:48

"That would be great! I hope it would make Sharptooth happy." He meowed after hiding his catch from any other predators. They didn't need a fox stealing their food! The tom scented the air again, tracking a scent of thrush. He could hear it's noises as well as it gathered caterpillars. Creeping around, he slowly crept on top of a rock where he'd loom over the bird. Taking his chance, he dove down, pouncing on it. He pinned it down and broke the spine between his jaws, not wanting to make any messy kills.

Last edited by Kent Mansley on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 22:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyFri 15 Jun 2018 - 22:48

The member 'Kent Mansley' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 17:58

Marshstorm looked up at Boarpaw. His expression serious and slightly worried.
"Has she seemed upset to you?" He asked, thinking over the past several days in camp. It was hard to tell, with Leopardstar ill, he'd been pulling the duties of both roles. He mused to himself that it might be a good idea to keep a better eye on her. The realisation that Featherheart was her kin didn't help matters. Of course, that could be exactly what it was. With that realisation, his paw scuffed the dirt slightly. Ears flattening as he considered himself, then refused to speak of his thought. Instead he turned to the next scent, one of rabbit that lured him close.

He stalked it carefully in the shadows of the bushes. Careful as he used his naturally dark pelt to make him that much more invisible to the prey item as he stepped closer, then a little more... He stopped as the rabbit's head lifted, then watched as it bounded into a bush and out of sight. He stood with a huff, his tail flicking. There had been no shriek of alarm, so he supposed it had simply grazed all the grass it wanted as he padded back to Boarpaw.
"Well, can't catch everything." He said calmly as he groomed a leaf out of his fur.

Last edited by Cays on Thu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 17:58

The member 'Cays' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for Boar (Closed)   Time for Boar (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for Boar (Closed)
Page 1 of 1