Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) Empty
PostSubject: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 9:34 am

Ravenpaw's training was coming along nicely, there was no doubt about that. Dawnpetal was so very proud of her daughter and apprentice's progress thus far. She really had the potential to be a great fighter. Now to see if her hunting could be just up to par.

The pale-colored warrior waited by the entrance of the camp for the orange-and-black tabby, eager to begin their hunting training. It was a good thing they did their battle training first -- actually, that's exactly how Dawnpetal planned it to be. Now if they ran into any starving predators, Ravenpaw would be able to help her fight it off and she could keep herself safe.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Aries Dog
Number of posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 am

Ravenpaw soon came out of the apprentice´s den and went towards the entrance, running, after her fight with the other cat of the Riverclan she has been seen sulking for several minutes, alone, thinking deep, about what? only Starclan knows, but as soon another cat came near she masked her mood with a friendly face, like nothing was happening.

She ran and stopped at the entrance and purred at her mom, in greeting "Good morning mom! what are we going to do today?"

Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) 29019410
Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) Signat10

Art by my dear friend Yoshachu and me :3 

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 11:09 am

"Good morning, little Ravenpaw. Today we're going to practice your hunting. Come along." Dawnpetal led the way out of camp and into the forest, making her way to the Great Sycamore where she had hunted with Boarpaw a few sunrises ago. "The Great Sycamore here is a great place to hunt. But we must be careful of Snakerocks; that place has a lot of adders and badgers."

(OOC: Short, sorry. XD)

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Ravenpaw followed closely, looking around and memorizing the path and the place, not wanting to wander off too far "adders and badgers, okay, i think i got it"

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am

"Now, here's how you hunt in the forest," Dawnpetal began, falling down to a crouch. "If you remember what I taught you as a kit, you slowly creep forward, making sure your paws don't make a sound in the snow or leaf litter as you step down. Keep your tail straight and still, not dragging along the ground, and don't let your belly drag on the ground either; that will alert your prey. Keep downwind of them so they can't scent you, and when you pounce keep your back straight. I'll show you a demonstration."

Dawnpetal parted her lips to drink in the scents of the frosty forest around her, and the scent of squirrel quickly caught her attention. She lowered herself to a hunter's crouch and stalked forward slowly until she spotted the brown furry creature nibbling on a nut. She licked her lips and continued creeping towards it until she was about two tail-lengths away from it. After bundling up her muscles, she pounced and landed squarely on the squirrel's back, then lowered her head to give it a sharp nip to the back of its neck, killing it instantly. "Always be sure to give thanks to StarClan for its life, and always end your prey's life quickly. It would be cruel to leave it to suffer a slow, painful death, as that would violate an important rule in the warrior code: prey is killed only to be eaten."

(OOC: Using the Hunting System is basically the same as using Pin or Stun moves in battle. First, reference yourself to this topic here. This will tell you what kind of prey can be found in different territories, and what chances you have at catching them. To roll the Hunting Dice to determine whether you catch your intended prey or not, you click on the blue button that says "Post Reply" so that you can find the blue bar below the text box that says "Dices roll". Click on the dropbox and select "Hunting Dice", then send. Once you've sent your post, you will see a rolled number, which will determine if you've caught your prey or not.

For example, Dawnpetal is hunting a squirrel in ThunderClan territory. This means you must roll 1-8 in order to catch it. I rolled a 1, so Dawnpetal was able to catch the squirrel. If you roll a 9, you miss the catch, but if you roll a 10, you encounter a predator; the predators are listed in the Hunting System. The one who rolls a 10 chooses which predator they encounter, and they also roleplay as it. You defeat a predator using the Battle System, either by lowering its health to halfway so you can drive it away or killing it and taking it back as fresh-kill. If this is still confusing to you, let me know. :3)

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Yoshachu on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am

The member 'Yoshachu' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) Mistpe10
Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am

Ravenpaw watched closely, she crouched too, in case the little creature saw her, her yellow and black fur would give her away easily, she already knew the whole process, she learned it as a kit, and when her mom did a successful catch, she meowed, happily.

"Nice catch mom!" she purred "Let me see if i can do it..."

Ravenpaw imitated Dawnpetal, parting her lips to taste the air around her, she took a bit of more time since she was new, but soon she caught the scent of a mouse, she started stalking, going really slowly, trying to not make any sound, and soon she saw the little rodent... she went closer... almost holding her breath... and when she was close enough... she pounced.

She forgot to keep her back straight and the mouse almost ran off, but it was too late, Ravenpaw landed and went straight for the kill, making it quick as possible.

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan

Last edited by zeroa5raven on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am

The member 'zeroa5raven' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Dawnpetal seemed to stand taller with pride for her dear daughter. "Wonderful first catch, Ravenpaw! You still need to work on your pounce, but your reflexes more than made up for the near miss. You're most definitely a far better hunter that I ever was when I was an apprentice. Now, let's see you try to catch... that sparrow over there." After taking a few moments to look around, listening and scenting for prey, she spotted a gray bird pecking around in the snow, looking for food.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Ravenpaw went to drop the dead mouse with her mother´s prey, she purred at her mom "Don´t say that mom... you will always be more awesome than me!" 

She then flicked her ears and saw the little bird... she got into hunter´s crouch and repeated the process, stalking slowly towards the bird... she waited for the right moment and... pounced.

A loud screech filled the air and the bird flew away before Ravenpaw even landed, a second later, an owl crashed into the spot the other bird was, the owl was attempting to hunt it too, Ravenpaw landed on the owl and it gave a loud screech, Ravenpaw tried to jump away but the big bird was flapping it´s wings too much, she was getting dizzy!

Owl used Talon-strike on Ravenpaw, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina

Owl
50/50 HP
110/120 SP

Ravenpaw
10/20 HP
80/80 SP

Ravenpaw yelped and jumped back, and instead or running away to the safety of the older cat, she hissed loudly at the owl and arched her back, ready for the fight.

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan

Last edited by zeroa5raven on Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 pm

The member 'zeroa5raven' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 4:04 pm

"Ravenpaw!" Dawnpetal yowled in horror as the large bird of prey attacked her daughter. With a yowl of fury, she launched herself at the owl, taking it by surprise with a slam of her shoulder into its chest, knocking it to the ground.

Dawnpetal used Run-and-Tackle on Owl, dealing 10 (+3) damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnpetal
60/60 HP
190/200 SP

Owl
37/50 HP
110/120 SP

Ravenpaw
10/20 HP
80/80 SP

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 4:25 pm

The owl screeched again and turned it´s attention to Dawnpetal, it´s feather´s ruffled up in anger, it was going to attack.

Ravenpaw takes this chance, seeing the bird is distracted, she took several steps back, a good distance, and then charged at it.

Ravenpaw used Lightning-strike on Owl, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina

Owl
30/50 HP
110/120 SP

Ravenpaw
10/20 HP
65/80 SP

Dawnpetal
60/60 HP
190/200 SP

The owl was so angry at this point, it went to attack, straight to Dawnpetal

Owl used Talon-strike on Dawnpetal, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina

Owl
30/50 HP
100/120 SP

Ravenpaw
10/20 HP
65/80 SP

Dawnpetal
50/60 HP
190/200 SP

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Dawnpetal took the attack with a spat of pain, the new claw marks on her side burning like fire. It would take a lot more than that, however, to keep her down. She leaped at the owl and scored her claws down its belly.

Dawnpetal used Belly Rake on Owl, dealing 12 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnpetal
50/60 HP
180/200 SP

Owl
18/50 HP
100/120 SP

Ravenpaw
10/20 HP
65/80 SP

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll)   Raven at Dawn (Pt. ll) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Before the owl had even a chance to screech and attack again, Ravenpaw pounced.

Ravenpaw used Leap-and-Hold on Owl, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina

Owl is pinned for 1 turn

Owl
12/50 HP
100/120 SP

Ravenpaw
10/20 HP
55/80 SP

Dawnpetal
50/60 HP
190/200 SP