Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

in this corner of the world [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bunjamin

bunjamin

Characters : [P]alestripe; [F]erretwhisker; [T]hornpaw; [Be]epaw; [O]akley; [B]ucky
Clan/Rank : loner queen fight me
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 2356

in this corner of the world [closed] Empty
PostSubject: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm

The dens were warm, breathing bodies clustered against each other,rising and falling like waves lapping at the edges of a creek, with nothing to disturb them. The nursery was just the same, with the ever-present scent of milk filling the air and the whistling breath of a kit with a running nose. Within this frozen landscape of peace, a small, smooth figure rose up, blinking sleep away from his newly-opened eyes, yawning without releasing any sound. He moved clumsily through the sea of warm fur, until he found his way at the exit of the nursery, a gentle breeze blowing at his chest and rustling the neatly licked pelt of the tom. Still, the air felt clearer to breathe, and Quietkit slipped further away from the den, into the shadows lining the SkyClan camp.

The wind seemed to be whispering to him. It was funny, like a song, and a childish giggle escaped his jaws, akin to the light tone of a bell. It seemed to be calling out to him, telling him to go explore. The wind was pretty funny that night. So he tried to chase it, and he ran towards the camp exit. His movements were clumsy and his run uneven, as expected from a young kit like him, and after a couple of fox-tails he tumbled, hitting a second, equally fragile body. The two entangled figures rolled on the camp floor and halted in a small,pit-like area, where the ground sloped down before being covered in the ferns that were part of the camp wall.

Quietkit pulled away, fur ruffled and a slightly-upset expression on his face. The wind was gone, but he could hear it still calling him. Giving no attention to the other kit at first, he scrambled at the ground, trying to launch himself upwards and manage to climb out, follow his friend again, but his feet were too shaken by the impact to listen to him properly and thus he plopped down, sniffling in frustration and eyeing his paws. Finally, he lifted his head, nosing the second kit. She smelled friendly enough, and like the wind too. "I don't believe we've met? Are you the wind? You smell like it." Quietkit ushered under his breath. She looked familiar, but the small tom, even for a kit, had trouble remembering names. She just felt like someone he'd met in a dream, one of those faces you can't forget, one that you can't tell from where your mind had it plucked from. From another Clan, no, for Quietkit had never venture far from the nursery before. She was a friend, or at least not danger.

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

♘palestripe♘ ♛ferretwhisker♛ ♔thornpaw♔❥beepaw❥ ☻oakley☻ ✰bucky✰
♘thunderclan yw♘ ♛shadowclan naw♛♔thunderclan apprentice♔❥skyclan apprentice❥☻default rogue☻✰default rogue✰
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 892

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 2:16 am

Ah the wind. It slid over the camp and through the trees so elegantly.  Seeing the world bend to this unseen force was fascinating. Fur, grass, trees, there was nothing that it didn't hold sway over but the sturdiest of rocks. Sometimes even they couldn't hold against particularly powerful gales. What a pretty thing the wind was.

A silver bundle of fluff sat near the edge of camp, eyes closed as images of tumbling stones and dancing leaves occupied her distant mind. The world was full of color when she closed her eyes. There were no sad faces, only happiness shone in their eyes as bright as the stars above them. Her world was so much prettier than the one around her. That would never stop her from trying show her clan how bright the colors in her mind tasted.

As a slightly stronger breeze kicked up and ruffled her silken fur, the she-kit purred softly. The feel of the wind in her fur was second only to the sensation of the cool rain that she had experienced the very first time she had wandered out of the nursery. She wondered if---

Suddenly she was wrenched from her warm fantasies and she found herself on her back in a natural dip in the ground close to the camp wall. Drizzlekit realized three truths in one moment. One, she was no longer where she had been when she closed her eyes. Not really unusual for her, but this time she knew that her silly little paws hadn't carried her somewhere new while she wasn't looking. Two, there was a new kit in front of her. He seemed desperate to escape the ditch they had found themselves in for just a moment before giving up. She noticed he looked somewhat familiar, but couldn't quite seem to place a name. Ah well, names didn't matter too much. He was a known thing. That's all that mattered. He also smelled nice. Cool and calming, like the rain she loved so much. Three, Drizzlekit was feeling rather hungry. She must have forgotten to eat earlier. Oh well!

"I'm not sure, I don't think I'm the wind." She looked down at her paws and wiggled them. "I'm not invisible am I? You can see me right? Oh, wait! If I'm the wind, I wonder if I can fly!" The kit launched herself upwards, taking off and finding herself at least a tail-length above the ground in a heartbeat... only to immediately drop back down clumsily onto her hindquarters. "Owch... No, I don't think I can fly. At least not yet." The silver tabby got to her paws again, tilting her head with a pleased look on her face. "I'll keep trying to find out for you though! My name's Drizzlekit, what's yours?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

in this corner of the world [closed] QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Characters : [P]alestripe; [F]erretwhisker; [T]hornpaw; [Be]epaw; [O]akley; [B]ucky
Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 6:56 am

So she wasn't the wind? It was weird, having a friend like the wind, that ran away without him and didn't wait for him. But it was okay. Quietkit hoped that the wind was going to visit him again. The clearing stilled, forming a perfect frame for the picturesque night sky above. Maybe it was all going to be still like this from now on. He wasn't that upset about it, if that was the case. But he would miss his only friend.

"I thought kits were not allowed outside the nursery at night?" the small tom tilted his head, leaning closer to study his new friend. Drizzle... Drazzle... Razzle... Dazzlekit...? Funny name. Well, she seemed much more welcoming than the wind. Not to mention that, since she couldn't fly, they were stuck down here, at least for a while. Plopped down next to her, he looked up at the sky, the light filtering through the leaves dancing on his small frame. "My name is Quietkit, but my friend calls me..." the small kit stopped abruptly from speaking, took in a big gulp of air, and then releasing a hiss-like sound, trying to mimic the wind. "whooooooooooooosh". After that he seemed to ponder for a few seconds before plastering a content look on his face. "Yeah, I think I pronounced it right."

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

♘thunderclan yw♘ ♛shadowclan naw♛♔thunderclan apprentice♔❥skyclan apprentice❥☻default rogue☻✰default rogue✰
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 am

Drizzlekit couldn't help but giggle softly. He was such a fun cat! The little furball bumped him with her head affectionately, tail waving. "It's nice to meet you..." [[insert big comedic inhale here]] "Whooooooooooooosh!"

She took a moment to collect her breath again before looking at him once more, amusement shining in her blue eyes. "You're so silly, you're a kit too aren't you? And you're out at the same time as me. I like looking at the big shiny things in the sky and feeling the wind in my fur." the silver tabby she-kit let out a tiny purr at this, eyes sparkling as she lifted her gaze up to the nearly full moon and the twinkling stars above them. She seemed to be quickly entranced by the glimmering lights, her attention wrapped up in their mystique.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Last edited by Kari on Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 4:41 pm

It was new to the small tom for someone to partake in his silliness. Taken aback, he took a couple of moments to look at the kit, eyes wide with what was mostly shock, rather than any visible delight. He broke the awkward pause with a flustered chuckle, following her gaze to look up at the sky. It seemed prettier when he was looking at it with a friend. A friend that was really there.

Another gust of wind rolled by, close to startling the peaceful Quietkit. He shrugged the chill against his skin away, taking in a lungful of fresh air. "I guess we are both airheads." the tom-kit replied softly, with a bitter-sweet look on his equally soft face. Casting a glance towards Drizzlekit's face, he watched the moonlight dance on her expression and at her paws, as if she was holding that light within her. There was a fierceness in her eyes, under the still lake of calm. But unlike other cats, she didn't scare him. There was much more to her that he could see.

"Why do you spend time like this? Outside. You should be sleeping." he continued his rant. It was embarrassing, how much care he mustered in his words. He was used to the loneliness, and the presence of the second kit made him worry that he wasn't the only cat... well, nevermind. She could handle herself, Quietkit could tell that much.

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Eyes still trained upwards on the glimmering lights of Starclan, Drizzlekit smiled brightly with an innocence so pure that not even the darkest heart could taint it. "My world is so much prettier out here. It's quiet at night, and the feeling of the wind is the bestest for getting lost in!" her silver-blue eyes drifted shut then, her smile becoming gentler. "I hope one day I can show everyone here the pretty colors of my world. It's so much nicer there. Colors are bright and happy and no cat is ever left alone." She mused, voice soft. She turned to him then, studying him for a moment. He had very pretty eyes. She took note of that specific shade of blue, quickly deciding it was her favorite color. A thought crossed her mind, and she decided to voice it then and there. Her voice wholeheartedly serious, Drizzlekit mewed,

"You should laugh more. I bet your laugh tastes pretty."

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 7:34 am

The pretty colors of her world... Quietkit vaguely knew what she was talking about. But with him it wasn't about the colors. For him everything was in grays, nothing outshone anything else, but the sounds. Everything was so gentle, like constant music was playing for him, swaying gently, orchestrated by the wind itself. A miriad of sounds at once, filling the night sky even at this point. He rocked his head gently from side to side, allowing the sounds to carry him away for a couple of seconds before snapping back to reality. "Yeah, I wish I could too." the kit completed her sentence quietly, more to himself. He was shy about most of these things, it wasn't his strong spot, opening up about desires.

His laugh? The taste of his laugh? He gave her a nervous look, unsure of what to say. "Um, yours... too?" Quietkit gave her a puzzled look, smiling gently. She was such an odd kit, he never thought he'd meet. "How do laughs usually taste?" he glanced up again, curious to hear Drizzlekit's explanation. Sometimes he felt like he was so stupid, and he just needed someone to show him everything.

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in this corner of the world [closed]   in this corner of the world [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

in this corner of the world [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: