Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A kit's life [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trusty_McCoolGuy

Trusty_McCoolGuy

Characters : Smudgekit (TC)
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan Kit
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 5

A kit's life [Open] Empty
PostSubject: A kit's life [Open]   A kit's life [Open] EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 17:27

All too recently, it was a messy, blurry sight, with only smells and an overarching thought of 'mother'. That was Smudgekit's world, dark and comfortable and warm. Fitful movements and crawling around, bumping unaware into the sides of mother's 'nest', and into her as well. Feeding was messy, too. Really, everything was messy, and dark, and warm. This was Smudgekit's life, until she finally woke up one day and sprang out of her mother's nest, eyes open and eagerly mewing her excitement, only to be caught in midair. The disappointment of being caught by the scruff of her neck was overcome with the warmth curling inside of her at the loud, deep chuckle from her mother.

"Silly kit," her mother purred. "Must you always test my reflexes? You could get hurt out there."

"No!" Smudgekit crowed petulantly. "I'm not a newborn!"

In response, Smudgekit's mother pulled her close with a gentle paw before closing it over her snugly, and began to groom the little one. Each lick was reassuring and calming, and soon Smudgekit dozed again. This was a common cycle; snoozing and waking and eating and trying to get away, only to be pulled back in for play or grooming. Smudgekit didn't mind, not really, but it was repetitive, and she wondered what was beyond the great warm being that was her mother.

Eventually, Smudgekit woke again, and pricked her ears in interest as she saw light outside of their nest.

"What's out there, mother?"

"Life," her mother purred, and then, quieter, "And danger. Until you're old enough to apprentice, you must promise me not to go outside. Here, you can keep me safe."

Smudgekit curled up against her mother and purred loudly, happy to be close to her and to be so important as to protect her mother. For now, her curiosity could wait. Sometimes, though, Smudgekit smelled other cats. Instinctively, she knew they weren't dangerous, because her mother let them stay close, and her mother protected her.

"Mother, are there other kits here?" Smudgekit asked.

"Yes, Smudgekit, there are, from time to time. If you promise not to go outside the den, and to come back when I call, you may explore to see if there are other kits to play with."

Smudgekit purred in excitement, tail twitching, and bounded up to the edge of the nest, scrambling to get up. Mother gave a gentle nudge to help her, and then Smudgekit was on the ground. Unlike the straw and hay and grass used for nests, the floor was a little on the cool side, and Smudgekit wrinkled her nose at the feeling against her sensitive pawpads before ambling her way over to other nests, snuffling and sniffing and trying to find an occupied one, preferably with kits.

"Hello? Kits? I wanna play!"

In the semi-darkness behind her, Smudgekit heard her mother chuckle again and felt all warm inside.
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

PostSubject: Re: A kit's life [Open]   A kit's life [Open] EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 18:20

Cardinalkit heard a kit call out for other kits that want to play. "Hello! I'm Cardinalkit!" he meowed to the young she-cat. "What do you want to play?"

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

A kit's life [Open] Image10
Back to top Go down
Trusty_McCoolGuy

Trusty_McCoolGuy

Characters : Smudgekit (TC)
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan Kit
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: A kit's life [Open]   A kit's life [Open] EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 21:10

Smudgekit paused, ears twitching as she looked around. As she saw the kit, she pounced on the ground in front of him.

"Ooh! Hello, Cardinalkit! I'm Smudgekit," she responded happily. "It's nice to meet you! I don't really know many games. Can you teach me your favorite?"

Smudgekit's bright green eyes gleamed in excitement at meeting a new friend as she pranced in place before settling down to watch the other kit intently.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3843

PostSubject: Re: A kit's life [Open]   A kit's life [Open] EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 21:23

Leafstorm ducked into the nursery, his jaws full of soaked mossballs, which he placed carefully by the entrance. "Well hello there," The fluffy brown tom grinned, his large, bright eyes twinkling merrily. "You must be Smudgekit."
The entire clan had been buzzing about the birth. Even one kit in the middle of Leafbare was something to celebrate. Leafstorm nosed one of the mossballs towards the young kitten's mother, sympathy evident in his expression. "Here, drink this. You must be exhausted."
The large warrior turned his attention back to the she-kit while her mother rested, a smile finding it's way back into his face as easily and genuinely as if he had been born with it. "I know a game... Have you ever played Rouges versus Warriors?"
The tom dropped into a mock battle stance, his large paws thudding softly on the dry nursery floor. "I'm Leafstar, leader of the rouges! I'm here to take over your clan!"

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

PostSubject: Re: A kit's life [Open]   A kit's life [Open] EmptySun 14 Jan 2018 - 13:51

Cardinalkit listened to Leafstorm talk.  When the tom entered a mock battle stance, he matched him.  "Not on my watch, you don't!  I'm Cardinalstar, leader of ThunderClan!" he mewed, in a deeper voice, to the experienced warrior.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

A kit's life [Open] Image10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A kit's life [Open]   A kit's life [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

A kit's life [Open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp-
Jump to: