Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 11:29 am

The large tom walked when the night showed up in the sky, being followed by his new apprentice. Foxpaw, uh? He thought barely glancing at the young she-cat from the corner of his green eyes. The warrior didn't know her well and he was curious about how was she. Unlike his first apprentice, this she-cat wasn't kin so he never met her until he was named her new mentor. But for Firestone that wasn't a problem at all. Actually, he kind of enjoyed the idea of knowing better a clanmate he never got the chance to meet properly.

Together, mentor and apprentice continued walking until the older cat chose a good spot for training. The snow froze his paws when he was still but he knew that soon he would be moving around teaching Foxpaw. "Foxpaw! I hope you're ready for training because I have planned all today's lessons. As your mentor, I must teach you all the ways of being a Shadowclan and that's why I'll teach about the main skills for that job: hunting and battle training. We will start with hunting, is that fine for you?" He purred, giving her a kind and friendly smile but not as cheerful as in the past. Somehow... he lost some of that naive energy and happiness after what happened to his parents.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) Signat14
Back to top Go down
Mochicupcake

Mochicupcake

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 12:47 am

Foxpaw sat gazing up at the sky. She was grooming and making herself clean. She heard a warrior calling her name. 'Training huh...' she thought, 'My first day. I can do it!' She rose from where she was and silently padded towards the warrior.

"Firestone?" Foxpaw asked when she approached the warrior, "Hunting... Okay." She sat down on the fluffy snow and waited for her mentor's instructions.

Snowkit --> #0099ff & #00ccff
5/5 HP
15/15 SP

Palekit --> #999999 & #cccccc
5/5 HP
15/15 SP

Sandkit --> #cc9900 & #ffcc99
5/5 HP
15/15 SP
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 12:26 pm

The warrior smiled and he started the lesson. "First, you must search for prey and smell the air. I'm going to give a demonstration of the proper hunting crouch and how you caught prey." Firestone looked away and soon his nose found the scent of a mouse. He walked away from the apprentice and he found his objective hiding between a bush. The large tom crouched down, keeping his tail away from the ground and walking slowly toward the prey. When he was close, he stretched his hind legs and landed into the snowy plant. Luckily, his claws landed on the mouse, who wasn't able to escape, and he killed it with a bite on its neck, feeling those tiny bones cracking under his strong jaws.

Firestone walked back to Foxpaw, leaving the rodent between the two of them. "Did you see how was my tail and paws when I was approaching the mouse? That's what you have to do. Go and try."

-------------------------

OOC: Hunting is quite simple. First of all, when you're going to use the hunting system, you must click the "Post Reply" banner (the one with the blue cat that is the left side of the page, over the posts).

Once you do it, you have to select your dice. You'll see a white rectangle where you can write your reply, right? Well, under that there's a place that says "Dices roll" and under that, you have to choose the type of dice you need. In this case, the "Hunting Dice". Then, you can write your reply with your cat seeing a prey and preparing to catch it and you send it.

After that, you'll see that a rper named Mistpelt posted after you but that's the result of your dice. Here you can see the possibilities of hunting a prey for each clan. For example, Shadowclan cats can hunt a frog or toad with a dice result between 1 and 8 and they have zero chance of hunting a fish.

Finally, when the dice results appear, you can edit your post on the upper right side of your post and then continue the writing pointing out if your cat hunted or not the prey you chose.

Back to top Go down
Mochicupcake

Mochicupcake

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am

Foxpaw watched Firestone scent the air. She tried it too but she could only smell dirt and life. 'Maybe mouse.' she thought. She kept observing her mentor, suddenly crouching down and stalking towards some bushes. Foxpaw twitched a bit when he pounced, pushing with his strong hind legs. She watched Firestone come back and place the lifeless mouse in front of her. 'Wow.'

Now it was her turn. Foxpaw scented the air, searching for living things. 'Let me try a mouse...' she thought. She spotted one immediately, crouched and stalked carefully to it. She pounced towards it with her hind legs. Though she wobbled a bit, her claws hooked the mouse's tail. She gave it a nice killing bite to its neck.

OOC: Is this right? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you!

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

Last edited by Mochicupcake on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am

The member 'Mochicupcake' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) Mistpe10
Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 am

The flame-furred tom waited for Foxpaw and smiled happily when he saw that she was capable of hunting her first prey in her first attempt. "Nice catch, Foxpaw! But there are just a few things to change so you can improve. First of all, your paws must stay firm so you won't do unsteady movements that may cause the failure of one of your hunting attempts. On the other side, try to aim for the back, neck or head of your prey instead of the tail because is easier for small animals to escape like that. You must kill them as fast as you can. Now, try it again." He purred giving her an encouraging smile as he settled down on the snow, waiting.

OOC: That was perfect. Do it one more time and we can continue with the battle system, okay?

Back to top Go down
Mochicupcake

Mochicupcake

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Foxpaw felt confident when she got praised by her mentor. It was her first catch in her very first attempt at hunting. She knew that it wasn't a perfect catch and had to improve. She wanted to be a good hunter for the clan, so she listened carefully to Firestone's advice. As her mentor told her to try again, she bounded out towards the nearest prey. 'Frog?' she wondered.

Foxpaw followed her nose, padding across the forest floor. She spotted a slimy frog, nice and green. She crouched and started stalking slowly. She reminded herself of what to improve on.

'Firm paws, aim for back, head or neck...'

Foxpaw gave a big push from behind with her hind legs, this time shooting out like a rocket directly towards the prey. She smashed her paw on the back of the frog, but it was too slimy. Her paws slipped and missed. She was on her way to Firestone... with nothing. She was about to go back to her mentor, but she heard something approach from behind her. It was something about the size of a cat, but definitely not a cat. She turned around slowly and saw a striped tailed creature with dark spots on each eye.

"Firestone! What is this creature? she yowled.

OOC: Oh god... GREAT TIMING :V
And sure! You can roleplay as the raccoon (described above)

Last edited by Mochicupcake on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

The member 'Mochicupcake' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm

OOC: A 10 trigger a battle encounter against a predator, which means that instead of catching anything, a predator (Badger, Dog, Eagle, Fox, Owl or Racoon) will appear and attack the cats on the topic. This is the perfect opportunity to teach you the battle system.

Usually, the roleplayer that rolled the 10 roleplays the predator as another character but, since you're new on this, would you like me to roleplay it so you can focus on learning? You can choose the enemy that we fight and I recommend you to check first the stats of each predator here before selecting one ;)

Back to top Go down
Mochicupcake

Mochicupcake

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Foxpaw tried not to be scared. 'Don't panic.' she thought to herself. She calmed down a bit. But no... she did not know any battle moves. She didn't even start battle training yet! "Firestone!" she called, "Help!" She crouched down low and backed away slowly.

OOC: Sorry! Short response ._.

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm

The striped-tailed animal growled looking at the younger cat with a deathly look. Firestone glanced the danger when he first smelled the scent of that raccoon but he wasn't quick enough to warn his apprentice before the predator showed up. With a hiss, the mentor ran to the strange animal, stepping between it and the young she-cat. "That's a raccoon, Foxpaw! Don't let your guard down and stay away from its claws and fangs! Be ready to attack it when I say it!" He yowled with his fur bristling on his back as he hissed at the dangerous animal. But the raccoon attacked before the warrior could and with a quick strike, it slashed the chest of the stocky tom, who jumped back surprised but ready to continue. Not losing any second, Firestone leapt toward the predator's neck and bit it hard at the same time he pinned it down with his claws over its back. His green eyes looked at Foxpaw before calling her again. "Now! Attack it with your claws! Aim to its eyes!"

The raccoon used Quick Swipe on Firestone, dealing 20 damage and costing 10 stamina.
Firestone used Leap-and-Hold on the raccoon, dealing 13 damage and costing 10 stamina. The raccoon is stunned for 1 turn.

Firestone
60/80 HP
230/240 SP

Foxpaw
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

Raccoon
17/30 HP
290/300 SP

---------------

OOC:

Battle system is a bit more complex than hunting system. First of all, all cats and predators have stats: HP and SP. Depending on the rank of your cat, you have more or less of these stats (if you want to check them, use this: Rank System). As you might see, Firestone has 80 HP and 240 SP because he is an Experienced Warrior. On the other side, Foxpaw only has 20 HP and 80 SP because she's still an apprentice.

Now, let's go to the battle itself. This site counts with a lot of battle moves that you can see here: Battle System. Each move requires a different amount of stamina and, depending on the rank, every battle move deals a certain amount of damage. For example, the move Front paw strike can be used by apprentices and higher ranks and it only requires 10 stamina. However, an apprentice can only deal 6 damage with that move while an experienced warrior can deal 11 damage using the same amount of stamina or SP.

There are also special moves that can be used by each clan. For example, Shadowclan has Night Ambush and Mud Slap.

Another important thing that you must know is that there are moves that cause the "stun effect". See the move that I used: Leap-and-Hold. That's considered as a stunning or pinning move because it stuns your opponent for a few turns and your enemy can't attack you while you're using it. In addition, the amount of turns while your opponent is stunned depends on the Effect Dice. Remember when you selected the Hunting Dice before? Well, it's the same idea but instead of choosing the Hunting Dice, you choose the Effect Dice. Since I got a 3, the raccoon is only stunned for one turn (1,2,3 = 1 turn stunned / 4,5,6 = 2 turns stunned).

For more information, I recommend you to check the main rules during the fight: Battle Rules. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me :3.

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Mochicupcake

Mochicupcake

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 am

Foxpaw was bewildered but tried her best to hold herself together, especially in these kinds of situations. She stood back when Firestone and the raccoon were attacking each other. She saw Firestone slap down the savage beast to the ground, pinning it with his sharp claws. She heard Firestone, telling her to attack the raccoon. 'Aim for the eyes...

Foxpaw didn't know any battle moves but she unsheathed her claws. She swiped them at the raccoon's face as hard as she could.

Foxpaw used Front Paw Swipe, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Firestone
60/80 HP
230/240 SP

Foxpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Raccoon
11/30 HP
290/300 SP

OOC: Is this correct? Please correct me if I am wrong :3

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:30 am

The large warrior sunk his claws even deeper into the flesh of the struggling animal under his body. The predator growled in pain when the claws of the cat slashed its face and the warrior took that opportunity. While the raccoon was distracted by his apprentice, he clawed the neck of his enemy, giving the last hit before the grey and black animal died from the blood loss.

Firestone stepped back, his orange fur covered with the blood that was now painting with red the snow under the body of the dead raccoon. His green eyes glanced at the she-cat and he managed to smile, tired. "Thank you, Foxpaw. You did it great even when I never taught you how to fight. I'm... proud of you. This raccoon will be a good source of prey for our clan." The stocky warrior looked at the dead animal before continuing.

"During a battle, you must never freeze. The most important thing is to react fast and create a strategy that will guaranty your victory. Cats are smarter than predators like this one... a front attack won't be as effective on another clan cat as with another animal. But for now... what you did was more than enough. Grab the prey we caught and let's go home. You need to rest and I need the help of the medicine cat to heal my wounds." With that being said, the warrior approached the striped-tailed animal and he picked it up sinking his fangs on its scruff. He waited for Foxpaw to finish fetching the other prey and then he made his way back to the camp, satisfied by the hard work of the she-cat.

Firestone keeps using Leap-and-Hold, dealing 13 damage. The raccoon is no longer stunned.

Firestone
60/80 HP
230/240 SP

Foxpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Raccoon
0/30 HP
290/300 SP

OOC: That was perfect ;) I'm happy that you understood the basics so quickly but, if you can, I recommend you to keep using the battle system to practice in the future. By the way, this battle counts for Foxpaw's battle requirement so the only things she needs are: a hunting patrol or assessment and her moonstone journey. After we finish this, I'm going to post a hunting patrol for her ;)

Back to top Go down
Mochicupcake

Mochicupcake

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Foxpaw stared at the helpless raccoon, struggling under Firestone's claws. The raccoon bled endlessly until the raccoon flinched then stayed still. 'It's dead.' She looked in amazement at Firestone. He was covered in blood. She felt proud when her mentor praised her when she didn't even know how to fight, and she helped him kill a raccoon. Although she had some things to improve on, she felt relieved that they were both okay.

Foxpaw padded over to where she left the mouse that she hunted. She grabbed it's body softly and carried it within her jaws. She caught up next to Firestone. "That was amazing, Firestone." she complimented, "Are you sure I'm done training with battling?"

OOC: Yay! Send me the link for the new topic~ :D

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP

5/5 HP
15/15 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)   Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Stronger Together (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: