Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1864

I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] Empty
PostSubject: I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]   I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 18:42

The sun hadn't even peaked across the horizon when Hollowpaw woke up for the day. His body was growing, and he was starving, so he settled down and ate a kind of old hare from the pile a day before. It wasn't the best food he'd ever had, but he chowed down on all of it. He trained hard, and his stomach was still not full when he finished every last bite. However, it was the only prey left and he had things to be done. Hollowpaw moved on to his first usual task of the day; cleaning the Elder's den. However, since the Elder's were still sleeping, Hollowpaw gathered the materials for new nests and laid it neatly in front of the den to be used later in the day. The sky was starting to light up slightly by the time he was finished. With a deep sigh, Hollowpaw rubbed his paws against his forehead. He slept in late.

With a brisk trot, he exited the camp. As he made it to the bushy grass of the moor, Hollowpaw took off with a sprint to hunt on the edge of where ThunderClan meets WindClan. In the early hours of the day, birds and squirrels sometimes ventured onto the moor for grass seeds or worms. As he neared his location, he slowed to a crouch, pricking his ears and opening his jaws. A bird was hopping along the edge of the forest. Slowly, the apprentice slinked his way closer to the prey. The wind rustled, and before the bird could take off, Hollowpaw burst with speed and launched himself at the crow. The bird squawked and flapped as it tried to get way. Hollowpaw's claws slipped and scratched. It was a close call, but Hollowpaw managed to bring the bird down and dispatch it. He dropped the prey and licked his white chest in embarrassment, glad his mentor Quailfeather wasn't around to see that. He picked up the prey and hid it, going off to hunt a rabbit before he returned.

The sun was over the horizon when Hollowpaw returned to the camp, awkwardly carrying the crow and the rabbit. It had taken him quite a while to get back, so to speed things up he left the crow at the entrance, dropped the rabbit off inside the Elder's den quietly, and returned to chow down on his crow, carefully saving the feathers. Finally feeling full, Hollowpaw picked up the bundle of feathers and brought them to the Elder's den bedding pile. Feathers weren't required, but the Elder's deserved to live in comfort. Leaving two thirds of the feathers under a rock, Hollowpaw picked up the rest and carried it to Ashstar's den. The young apprentice hesitated outside the leader's den. Should he bring it in? Or would that be too obvious. After a few heartbeats, the tom decided just to leave them at the entrance under a rock. As he left the feathers, he noticed Brindlewhisker washing herself in the morning sun. He glanced at the sky; he was on time. Cautiously, he sat besides the deputy and began to clean himself as well.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]   I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 19:27

Brindlewhisker had always been a bit of an early riser in comparison to the rest of her Clanmates, but she usually preferred to stay within the flattened patch of grass that she had claimed as her nest and simply watch the rest of the Clan slowly begin to stir. Normally the only other cats to be awake at this time of morning were the cats whom she assigned to the dawn patrol the previous night, but there was the occasional early morning stray as well. Through one, half-opened, sleep-hazed eye, she watched as Hollowpaw scuttled away from camp. Yawning widely, Brindlewhisker forced herself to her paws and gave herself a brisk shake before picking her way through the sleeping forms dotted around the Gorse Barrier.

After briefly checking over on Dawnpaw and Goldenpaw, Brindlewhisker headed towards the smooth stone that marked Ashstar's den, mentally going over everything that needed to be done for the day as she dropped down into a comfortable crouch. Blinking the remaining tendrils of sleep from her gaze, she set about as grooming her sleep-rumpled fur back into place, hardly paying mind to the slowly-rising sun that began to bathe the shadowy camp in pale pink light. Her gaze only lifting to watch as Hollowpaw deposited the collection of dark feathers outside of Ashstar's den, but she continued to briskly wash herself, only keeping one eye actually trained upon the young tom.

As amused, muted huff escaped the she-cat's mouth at Hollowpaw's tentative approach, but she continued to finish her regular routine of an early morning wash. After a few more attempts to thoroughly tame the fur upon her chest, the Deputy finally paused in her grooming long enough to give Hollowpaw a more thoughtful glance. "Busy day already?" Brindlewhisker questioned quietly, amusement evident in the soft inquiry, pausing to give the little tom a curious glance. Watching him obviously hard at work this early in the morning made her grateful that she was already past her days as an Apprentice and only had to rise early to set up the day's patrols.

I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]   I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 20:31

Hollowpaw could feel his skin go hot under his pelt. He licked his paw nervously and swiped it over his ear before answering. "Yeah, I have gotten up early every single morning since the second day of my training to eat, get the Elder's things ready, hunt, bring the Elder's food, then eat, then groom. Then train, then eat. Then clean the Elders, then hunt, then eat, then patrol, then eat, then go to sleep early. And repeat." He murred softly, flicking his tail. His pelt was short, so grooming didn't take too long. He stood again, and then sat down again shortly. "So I'm just about ready for training, but..." he flicked his ears and looked around. "Quailfeather is still sleeping. Do you," he looked down. "Think you could give me some fight training? If you have time of course." he blinked up at the Deputy, holding his breath and waiting for her response. He could learn so much from her.

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]   I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 10:32

Brindlewhisker turned to gaze at Hollowpaw as he relayed his day's many events, feeling relieved once more over the fact that her days as an apprentice were long gone. It was hard enough for her to drag herself from her nest for a simple dawn patrol, let alone wake up extra early simply to get a jump on the days duties. Uncurling her tail from its neat position, she allowed it to twitch as she processed his words. "A busy day indeed." She rumbled in amusement, face quirking slightly as Hollowpaw rose to his paws before quickly dropping back down into a sitting position similar to the one had been in moments before.

"Of course I have time," Brindlewhisker consented, rising to her paws and giving herself a brief shake as spoke, "The sun's hardly up, so we have quite a bit of time to kill before Quailfeather wakes up. We should be able to get through the basic." She continued breezily, her ear twitching slightly as she mentioned her younger kin- she didn't realize that Quailfeather had gained another apprentice so soon. It had been quite sometime since she had gone through the process of battle training, the last time she likely did it would of been before Sagepaw had become a Medicine Cat Apprentice, but she wasn't overly concerned since it would be a quick, easy session. Sweeping forward, the brindled she-cat beckoned Hollowpaw with a twitch of her tail as she made a beeline towards the entrance.

I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]   I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] EmptyWed 12 Jul 2017 - 17:28

"Awesome!" Hollowpaw said excitedly, before flattening his ears. A good warrior was stern and quiet and respectful. An outburst like that was undesirable. With a skip in his step that was renewed with his latest meal, the apprentice followed the Deputy at a respectful distance. The apprentice was eager to prove his skills to the Deputy. Hopefully, she would be impressed by him.

OoC: short is short so sorry

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]   I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer] Empty

Back to top Go down

I Wanna Be The Very Best That No Cat Ever Was [closed for Seer]
Page 1 of 1