Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:03 pm

"Bouncekit. I have to ask you something."

Cloudstone nudged the kit gently with his nose, sitting just beyond the tom's nest in the nursery. It was nightfall, and the queens were settling their kittens down for the night, preparing for the cold the lack of the sun would bring. He himself had his thick fur fluffed against the cold, his white tail tucked tightly to his flank. This season would end soon, right?
Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Characters : Blackwhisker and Midge, coming soon.
Clan/Rank : "WCC's National Treasure"
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Bouncekit's eyes opened. His golden-and-white fur was touched lightly by the moon's rays, but it didn't glisten or gleam exceptionally. His paws lifted off of the ground, and has he scraped clumps of soil off of his underbelly. He gave Cloudstone a confused look. He knew he could talk to the white tom - even though he had a mild stutter that he tried his best to keep a secret.

"Hmm?" Bouncekit asked. He was growing almost too large for the nursery now - but he was in no rush lately. He didn't want to fight anything. But no kit except for him, got this unprecedented visit from Cloudstone - so why him?

The words rang in the kit's ears: I have to ask you something. Though they were mere vocal vibrations, there was more that just that behind the ancient words. It meant something... Bouncekit grew fearful that Cloudstone was bugged by his constant interest in his work, knowing that being the one kit to intervene in the medicine cat's work was not a good reputation.

Bouncekit decided to let Cloudstone explain. He was a bit scared, but he maintained a normal, bold look on the outside.

Blacktwig/Blackwhisker --- ThunderClan * Fallowstripe --- StarClan * Goatshade --- StarClan * Bouncepaw --- StarClan * Egretkit --- StarClan
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 pm

A brisk breeze shot through his fur and he could only shiver until it passed. The only good thing about it was that it was dry air; it would not bring snow with it tonight. All the better for travelling. If Bouncekit agreed, of course.

This would not end as Flintpaw's apprenticeship had. This kit would live to be his apprentice until the older tom was long dead. Or so he hoped. "I know that you have shown interest in my herbs, and all I have to ask is," He took a deep breath, although the expansion of his chest was well hidden by his black fur. "Would you like to become my apprentice?"

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Bouncekit was shocked. I do! I do! Bouncekit thought, his inward conversations echoing in a squeaky pride. "Y-Yes," he stammered with acceptance. The golden tom-kit stood up. His dream, it had come true! With glee, he stared into the black medicine cat's eyes. He nodded swiftly and understandingly. He truly did want to be his apprentice - and he wondered what kind of painful ordeal he'd have to withstand to do it. His thoughts defied themselves. No, he thought. I will make it through with no pain, right? Bouncekit stood, for once confidently, in front of Cloudstone.

Blacktwig/Blackwhisker --- ThunderClan * Fallowstripe --- StarClan * Goatshade --- StarClan * Bouncepaw --- StarClan * Egretkit --- StarClan
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

The medicine cat cracked a smile. He was eager, that was good. "You'll need to take this then, for the journey." Cloudstone raised a paw to reveal a little leaf package and pushed it towards Bouncekit. He didn't say anything about his own travelling herbs. He didn't have any for himself. "There is a code you have to follow, if you want to become a medicine cat. The first rule is that you must never take a mate or have kits. Is that okay with you?" A chill rolled down his back.

Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Bouncekit hesitated. It doesn't matter, I'd never have them anyways, he thought. This, however, was not the only reason. There were several more - but this was the path he wished to take. Not the path of a brave warrior, but the docile one of a medicine cat. He decided to pledge his loyalty, in the firmest, least shaky voice he could manage. "I-I do." Bouncekit meowed, afraid that his stammer would hinder this sacred, ancient pledge. He stood tall, although his knees slightly buckled. He lapped up the herbs, cringing at the horrible taste. He looked up at Cloudstone, as if to say: I have to eat these? Bouncekit shrugged, trying to shake off the odd feeling that the herbs gave him.

------TIME SKIP------

Bouncekit soon arrived at the Mothermouth with Cloudstone. He looked up at the regal black tom. He nodded dynamically, stretching his forearm out. His paw touched the ground, which was slightly colder than the ground that it bordered. He slipped in, the kit looking after his soon-to-be-mentor for permission. His stumpy, kit-like tail wiggled.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Cloustone looked up at the stalactites, still getting the feeling that they were rather the large fangs of an open-mouthed, sleeping animal. Shaking his head, he looked to Bouncekit. "This is it." He moved in front of the kit. "It's very dark in there, so follow my voice, or grab my tail if you need to." With that, he entered.

It took them a while to reach the cavern, and once they did he stopped for a moment in confusion. The Moonstone was dark. Was something wrong? No, that couldn't be it, the sky was clear. Then the moon peered into the hole in the ceiling and lit the stone, making the whole cavern glow as if on fire. 'We were just a little early! Nothing to worry about.'

Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Bouncekit nodded bravely as he could, and moved forwards, his paws scuffing the ground. A scanty amount of rocks lay scattered, but his eyes were ablaze with determination. As much as the little kit could, he craned his neck, and his nose twitched. "What do I do?" he asked, looking up at his mentor for assistance. His brow was furrowed above his greenish-golden eye.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Shaking his head, Cloudstone didn't say anything in response, but he began the official part of this ceremony. It was a bit strange. However, he was happy all the same, he was happy that he could lead an apprentice of his own as Emberleaf had taught him, despite him being from Windclan. "Bouncekit, do you wish to follow in the pawsteps of Starclan and go down the path to become a Medicine Cat?"

Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 5:07 pm

It took a while before Bouncekit spoke. His words had to be scraped painfully out of his throat, as if he had fish bones adhered to his larynx. Eventually, he got the words out, thanking StarClan he hadn't stammered. "I do," he pledged strongly, eyes glittering with the affirmation.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Cloudstone nodded before looking in the space between the Moonstone and the small window to the sky above it. "Starclan understands your wish to follow their path. Warriors of Starclan, I present to you this young kit, Bouncekit. He has chosen the path of a Medicine Cat. Grant him your wisdom and insight so that he may understand your ways and heal his Clan in accordance with your will. Bouncekit, until you receive your full Medicine Cat name, you will be known as Bouncepaw." He padded forward, towards the glowing stone, motioning the young tom to follow with his stark white tail.

"Touch your nose to the Moonstone. Starclan may speak with you." He bent to touch his nose to the cold rock spire, relaxing his muscles until he felt himself pulled into a deep sleep.

Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Touching his nose warily to the Moonstone, he felt the spirit of StarClan enter him. His name was Bouncepaw now... but he still needed to talk to the cats of StarClan. He felt a chill from nose to tail-tip, and could shallowly nod to Cloudstone as he granted him with his new name. He gasped, feeling the freeze rush through him. "A-Ahh...!" exclaimed Bouncepaw silently as he entered the dream. His voice sounded as loud and audible as a normal cat's at that time, and he felt himself slip into sleep.

He then saw a ginger tom approach him. He shuddered, eyes wide. He felt his voice pulsate from his throat as clearly and boldly as he had never spoken before. "Who are you?" he asked, bewildered. The ginger-and-white tomcat quaked. The cinnamon swirled civet blinked at him patiently, but Bouncepaw still flinched.

"Greetings, Bouncepaw," he purred. The apprentice backed away. He had never spoken to a deceased cat before. "I am Emberleaf. I was Cloudstone's mentor. I'm proud to see how much he's improved." Emberleaf stood nobly and most magnanimously above Bouncepaw, who still quavered beneath his regal shadow. The tom's amber eyes trained on him, and his head hung down to look at him. "I wish you luck. The path of a medicine cat is a worthy one, and do not be dismayed by the path it may lead you in. It is lonely, but it is your duty." Emberleaf smiled wistfully, and the mist began to swallow him. His pelt became a hazy salmon color, and Bouncepaw whimpered.

"I will be watching over you, always," called Emberleaf, his voice gradually fading as Bouncepaw woke up. He looked at his mentor, giving him a firm nod. He got up, his muscles aching. How long had he been in that spot? Bouncepaw groaned, eyes rolling as he looked into Cloudstone's apparitional black-brown eyes. His tail dangled, supple and limp. He opened his mouth, a puff of air escaping. He was so tired. He looked up at Cloudstone, his eyes a blend of yellow, green, and stunning amber.

He stared at Cloudstone, waiting for the black tom's possibly rigorous order.

He was a medicine cat apprentice now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Bouncekit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1