Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pleased to Meet You [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

Pleased to Meet You [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Pleased to Meet You [closed]   Pleased to Meet You [closed] EmptySat 31 Dec - 15:07

Brindlewhisker padded alongside the edge  of the Gorge, listening to the roar of the churning water with an absent mind; it was hard to believe that this empty, featureless gash in the earth was the birth place of such trouble between Riverclan and Windclan. "So this is where Smokepelt broke that Riverclan apprentices jaw." she reflected with a slightly grimace, feeling a pang of resentment as she recalled the dreadful day that gave arise to the awful confrontation. But ever since then, the border had been fairly quiet, and for that she was thankful.

Crouching down slightly and taking a step closer to the ragged edge, she leaned forward and peered over the edge, looking down the dizzying drop and to the cold dark, frothing waters below. "Deerkit fell here too." Brindlewhisker realized, shuddering as she remembered the day that Spiderfur had dragged the little she-cat's sodden body back, displaying the kits twisted, mangled leg for all of the Clan to see. She continued to peer down into the gorge, consumed by her own conflicting thoughts and oblivious to her surroundings.

ooc) mobile ; sorry, i would of made this better but im stuck on my phone.

Pleased to Meet You [closed] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to Meet You [closed]   Pleased to Meet You [closed] EmptySat 7 Jan - 14:24

He could hear it before he ever approached. The first time he'd come here as an apprentice he'd thought the gorge was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen, even better than his first Gathering and all the assembled Clans beneath the full moon. Of course, the first thing he'd done was joke about jumping the gap. Fallowpaw, Petalpaw, Frogpaw, even after what happened to Shellpaw, things had been so uncomplicated. So lighthearted. It'd been leaf-fall then, before the first frosts came. Now, even as a warrior, even after the battle, he could still feel the shadow of that day hanging over this place. Even with it all behind him, it still left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Sleetfang stalked the edge of the cliffs, peering into the churning white waters below. Why he'd avoided this place so long, and why he was heading here now, he couldn't say, except that he needed some space away from camp. The crisp wind rolling off the moors blew over the gorge, rattling the reeds and buffeting his fur, fresh hard air that helped clear his head. He'd been so wrapped up in memories from who knew how many moons ago that he hadn't noticed the silver shape on the other side of the divide until he'd almost walked straight past her.

WindClan. He knew at once. Sleetfang didn't say a word, just froze, just stared in quiet observation.

...Something about the look on her face... He probably looked the same way, didn't he? Ridiculous.

"Careful," he mewed. "You'll fall."

Pleased to Meet You [closed] I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to Meet You [closed]   Pleased to Meet You [closed] EmptySun 8 Jan - 22:23

Brindlewhisker's head snapped up at the sound of a voice speaking to her, fully jolted from the trance that had overtaken her several moments ago. Eyes darting to the new voice, she found herself greeted with the sight of a cat- a Riverclan cat no less. There was the familiar rush of worry at the sight of a Riverclan cat; ever since the battle a few moons prior, she had found herself associating the river cats with the turmoil that plagued her Clan. Quickly composing herself, Brindlewhisker took a few shallow breaths as she hurriedly decided on what would be best to say that wouldn't make the situation anymore awkward than it already seemed- did they really both come here to stare dramatically at the water?

"I think I know what I'm doing, thank you though." She mewed curtly, eyeing the tom warily- Riverclan cats would never exactly be her favorite Clan in the territories. Rising to her paws, she took a step backwards from the jagged edge of the Gorge, her attention now fixated upon the Riverclan tom who seemed vaguely familiar. "Perhaps I've run into him while at a Gathering. Or when his Clan was raiding our camp." She reflected with a twitch of her tail, continuing to stare at the tabby tom with curious eyes.  "So what are you doing so close to Windclan territory all on your own? Planning to have a one-man raiding party?" Brindlewhisker questioned, although her words weren't exactly unfriendly; she saw no need in ruffling any cat's fur. Ignoring the cold ground, she settled down onto her haunches as she watched the mystery tom with a rather friendly atmosphere.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to Meet You [closed]   Pleased to Meet You [closed] EmptySat 14 Jan - 18:44

She knew what she was doing, but she still stepped back from the edge quick enough, huh? "If you say so." He flicked his ears, eyeing the she-cat skeptically. They weren't exactly welcoming words, but he couldn't trace any hostility in her voice, no warnings, no defensive posture. The last time he'd come here, a WindClan cat had launched himself right across the gap after a few barbed words, but something told him that not everyone in WindClan shared the same battle-hungry impulse. Sleetfang followed her lead and settled down on his haunches, taking his time to look her over.

Funny that even after all the history behind the two Clans he'd been part of, this had to be his first time in a normal conversation that he could remember. No claws, no teeth, no hissing, just... talking. "Am I interrupting something?" he answered, a hint of amusement in his voice. A little teasing wouldn't hurt either. "If WindClan has you patrolling the border, it's a good thing I'm not raiding. You seemed focused."

Pleased to Meet You [closed] I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to Meet You [closed]   Pleased to Meet You [closed] EmptySun 15 Jan - 23:41

A snort escaped Brindlewhisker's mouth at the tom's words, eyes rolling at his friendly jibe. "I'm sure I would of eventually noticed you," She countered, returning the tom's teasing tone, "I would of smelled the fish long before I heard you come lumbering over." Wrapping her tail around her paws, she observed the Riverclan tom with curious eyes once more- thankfully he seemed about as eager for a fight as she did. As of late, too much of the words shared between Riverclan and Windclan seemed to be spoken only with the intent to threaten one another. "Although it's nice to actually use words to speak to a Riverclan cat instead of claws, it's still odd to focus on the fact that Riverclan is just like us." She reflected with a twitch of her ear before redirecting her attention to the cat seated across the Gorge. "So what's your name stranger? I would hate to have to refer to you solely as the mystery tom who nearly managed to creep up on me." She struggled to contain a purr at her own words.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to Meet You [closed]   Pleased to Meet You [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleased to Meet You [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: