Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

To Meet Again [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7395

To Meet Again [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019 - 10:30

Honeytongue sat crouched beneath a bush, face barely poking out to feel the warm glow of the sun as she stared out across the gorge. This had become a nearly daily occurrence for the RiverClan she-cat, whenever she wasn't expected to be in a patrol, she would wait at the WindClan border in hopes of seeing a glimpse of Dappleshine. Her heart pounded at the idea of seeing her again, of getting the comfort of knowing for sure that she was okay. She had fretted ever since she had been run out of the RiverClan camp, wondering how her adopted sister had been doing. Had she found happiness with the outsider she had fallen for? Was he in WindClan now with her? Was she truly happy? She didn't care what her Clanmates said about her betraying them, she only cared for Dappleshine's happiness.

It was...Actually a bit odd but this bush she was in gave her comfort. It barely had the scents of Dappleshine in it, stale and old but had managed to survive from being washed away in all the weather by the shelter of the bush. Was this where Dappleshine had met her lover? Safe from the gaze of both RiverClan and WindClan. It felt odd to be hiding herself like this but she didn't want to be seen as the strange RiverClan cat who could be seen just...Lurking at the border. She knew it was slightly weird, coming every day in the hopes that she would see Dappleshine but there wasn't really another way to go around it.

Her heart was slowly starting to sink, ready to call this day a failure and return to the camp when a flicker of movement caught her eye. She slowly wormed her way out of the bush to get a better look at the shape - a cat on the WindClan side of the border. Her breath caught in her throat as she realized that she recognized her pelt, that her waiting hadn't been in vain. "Dappleshine!" she cried out, hoping her voice would carry across the gorge that exasperated them as she pulled herself free from the bush and stood up. Her heart soared, the fear that she had felt for the she-cat draining away with the simple comfort that she was okay, she was alive. She hadn't lost another family member.

To Meet Again [Closed] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 16:00

Dappleshine hadn't been going out of her way to avoid the Gorge, necessarily, however she would be lying if she said she had requested to patrol it. The thought of seeing the spot that now carried such heartbreaking memories was not a good one, and the happiness that had once accompanied her haunts on the RiverClan side of the gorge was colored dark by the circumstances leading to her standing on WindClan's side. The terror, fear, and loss from that night still haunted her as she gradually made her way towards the gash through the land. The rushing sound of water called to her, and for a moment she longed to plunge into quieter currents, and swim once more.

It wouldn't be though, she would probably never swim again. The moors of WindClan did not offer much in water sources, and Torrentstar would have her ears if she dared try to get close enough to the river. How was Wasppaw? The she-cat who had loved her as a younger sister had been distanced from her from many moons, but the love she had for her was still there. Honeytongue and the rest of Torrentstar's last litter were warriors now, or she thought they were. What were they up to? She should keep a better eye out in the Gatherings... Maybe she would see how Stormbringer was doing as well... Her only apprentice, trained to a warrior.

As she turned to follow the border, the fur along her back starting to relax as a quick glance over the gorge revealed nothing other than the familiar RiverClan landscape, and the small bunch of bushes that she had waited in many times. However, her fur stood on end as a voice called from the far side of the gorge. Paw pausing midstep, a feeling of dread washed over her as she turned slowly, searching the far side once more. She had been so sure there had been no cat over there... Her eyes landed on a distant familiar shape though, and her fur flattened as her tail rose, eyes bright with excitement. "Honeytongue!" She called in return, making her way over to the side of the gorge with a bright grin.

"Oh sister, it's been so long! How have you been? How is everyone in RiverClan?"

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

To Meet Again [Closed] Giphy
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 16:18

Honeytongue felt true relief rush over her as Dappleshine turned to look at her, happy to see each other once again. She stood there, root in place in awe of actually getting this chance, to talk to Dappleshine again. She... There was a moment of hesitate as the question of how things had been was raised. She wished she could say that things were well, perfect now that she got to see her adopted sister after so long but...That would be a lie. Redmask was gone. Her final blood sibling was...Gone. They had made promises to never leave each other like their mother had and yet...And yet it seemed that all her family but her father remained. And even then...Things still weren't perfect between the two. But she hesitated still, wondering if it was right to voice the truth - but...No, Dappleshine deserved to know her fate.

"I...I wish I could say all was well," she managed after a short while, forcing on a fake smile as she stared out across the expanse that held the two family members apart. "RiverClan is managing, I am managing but...There have been losses. Heavy ones. Berrycloud, Myrtlebrook, Redmask...So...Things have not been well. But we will survive. ...We must, to honor their memories." There was a heavy pause as her gaze dropped to her paws, before glancing back up at the WindClan warrior. "H-How about WindClan? I-I heard about your trouble with the dreaded pelt-wearing cats," she said, shuttering at the thought of how...Sick those cats must have been. "How are you all holding up after that? Finchstar said that you had taken care of them."

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 9:39

The silver she-cat felt a tendril of dread as her adopted sister hesitated, a dread that was verified as Honeytongue responded. Redmask... Another sister.... The others had disappeared moons ago, but Redmask.... Her head lowered as she considered Myrtlebrook and Berrycloud. They had recently become mates, hadn't they? RiverClan had lost far too many cats, good cats, far better ones than she had ever been. Raising her eyes to meet her sisters, she nodded. "I'm so sorry to hear that.. They were all wonderful cats. They will be missed terribly... That we certainly will."

At the mention of the cats who wore pelts of beasts, she suddered. "We are... Recovering. We suffered many injuries and some casualties, but... Well, we have been left alone in recent days. I hope it stays that way. We still don't know who they were or where they came from, but... We hope they've left for good. It was certainly a terrifying time. Here, there's a land crossing just down the river, still in the neutral area. We can talk better there, if you'd like. I've missed you, sister."

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 20:24

Honeytongue nodded her head in simple acknowledgement as Dappleshine expressed her grief over the deaths that RiverClan had been facing. So many Clanmates had been taken by sickness and the Leaf-bare had only just begun...She sighed, forcing the sadness away. She couldn't dwell on it, not for long. She had made a promise to herself to be strong, for the others who remained. For her father. Her ears perked as the WindClan warrior explained the situation in WindClan, a soft sigh of relief escaping her at the fact that peace seemed to have fallen the Clan. It was terrible that lives had been lost but at least they had defeated the threat. As Dappleshine pointed out a place where they could meet, to talk face-to-face instead of over the gorge, Honeytongue straightened up a little with a flicker of surprise. "Oh! Yes, that would be lovely! I'm not sure how well my voice could handle having to speak loud enough so that you can hear me..." she let out a soft laugh, shaking her head as she padded alongside the Gorge - a safe distance away from the edge of course - slowly pondering of what to ask Dappleshine about once they there wasn't the gorge between them.

Finally, she came across the area that the she-cat had mentioned, making sure to remain on her side of the border as she watched her sister approach. "Its so good to see you again," she breathed, settling down as she curled her tail around her paws. "I-I've been so worried since you left, since Torrentstar...He said you had run off to be with an outsider. I thought I would never see you again but now you are in WindClan and..." she paused, a happy sigh escaping her as she leaned forward with a slight smile. "You look so happy so I must know who was the cat that charmed you off your paws. I'm guessing he is in WindClan with you as well?"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 12:26

When Honeytongue agreed, Dappleshine smiled and quickly made her way to where the two territories met, the neutral zone. Was it still neutral, or had Torrentstar withdrawn that? Airing on the side of caution, she took care not to cross the border. Settling herself in front of her sister, her tail lay behind her, the breeze from the raging river below ruffling her long fur. As Honeytongue expressed her worry for her, explaining what Torrentstar had told her and the clan, her eyes narrowed slightly, a flash of disappointment and dismay crossing her expression. "I didn't run off, Honeytongue... Torrentstar chased me away after I told him I had fallen in love. He didn't even give me chance to explain or truly talk to him.... He chased me until I was forced to try to jump the gorge. He told me so many horrible things, Honeytongue, but... Well... I'm still here now."

Her gaze had lowered to her paws, shoulders hunching as she spoke of the events from before. Now, though, her sister had asked her about her mate, the cat who had claimed her heart. Looking up, eyes noticeably brighter and with a smile on her face, she spoke confidently. "Oh Honeytongue, he's just wonderful. We met on the way home from the flood, and we'd been friends ever since. I'm sure you'll recognize his name - Raventail, of WindClan. He is with me, and even with what we've been facing it's been so wonderful. WindClan welcomed me with open paws, and we're happy together. I miss you though, and all of the others.... I miss Torrentstar, too, even if he wishes I were dead...."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 12:55

Honeytongue winced a bit, not having meant to state it quiet like that. Torrentstar had explained that he had run her off but of course had painted it in light that had favored his choice. Things had...Never been easy for her father when it came to love and he didn't blame him for feeling betrayed by Dappleshine's choice but...Shouldn't they all simply be happy for her? Her own happiness what was mattered, they would survive. "I-I'm sorry that you went through that..." she whispered, before focusing on as Dappleshine almost had a quick change - wistfully sighing as she started to explain her new love. There was a flicker of surprise across the she-cats face at the name because she did recongize it. Raventail? As in...The WindClan deputy?

She frowned, feeling that there was a rather big difference been 'Outsider' and 'WindClan deputy' but did recall that Raventail was missing from the Gathering around when Dappleshine had been run off - another cat in his place. ...Had he been an outsider in that time? It barely mattered, and couldn't help but let out a soft kit-ish giggle at it. "The deputy of WindClan? I certainly didn't see that coming but if he makes you happy..." she drifted off, a slightly sad look crossing her face. "...I miss you as well. I-I miss...I miss a lot of people. And...I don't blame father for being angry. For being betrayed. We've lost so many already, its...I'm sure he just saw it as a betrayal on a personal level. I-I can try to talk to him. I promised to do the same for Dacepaw - that I would try to warm his heart toward her again. He is just...He's so scared of losing everybody, I think. He already lost my mother, my siblings, Jaystar, Hailsong and Sparkfrost and now you and Dacepaw. He's just...I think he feels alone and isn't sure who he can trust anymore. It doesn't make his treatment of you right but...Maybe, maybe I can get him to come around."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 19:16

Dappleshine shrugged lightly, her tail sweeping in a large arc. "It's alright. I had always hoped that someday I could be a warrior he could be proud of, instead of some kit that tangled in his fur.. I was just never good enough." The words hurt to say, but she was so certain of it. Even when she had been the best she could, striving to carry on when everything was falling apart, Torrentstar hadn't really noticed. Oh well, his loss then. WindClan at least appreciated her, and she was loved. If only she could have taken the rest of her family with her, like Lightfang had done. She wouldn't have to meet Honeytongue at the border by chance... Her eyes betrayed her turmoil as she looked at her sister, mouth fry before she could even ask about the possibility. She would never come....

This thought was confirmed as the she-cat continued, and Dappleshine frowned slightly. "I wish I could say that I think you'll succeed... But I don't think anyone could, honestly. He isn't one to relook at his heart, or reconsider what he said or did. A stubborn tom, through and through. You have a hard road ahead of you wish to attempt that, but I do wish you luck. It would be nice to someday make amends..." She trailed off, looking towards the spot where she had been forced to leap. "He's so afraid of losing someone that he simply cuts then out without ever giving them a chance. I truly hope it never happens to you." Her blue eyes were honest when a distant voice called out, and Dappleshine turned towards it. Ah, the rest of her patrol must have finished scouting the tunnels underpaw....

Turning back to Honeytongue, the older warrior looked conflicted before stepping forward and placing her chin on the golden-furred head of her sister. "I'm sorry, it looks like our time is going to be cut short. Let's meet again soon, okay? I promise I'll always be here for you, no matter what. I love you, Honeytongue, and I'm sorry things went the way they did. Wasppaw and Stormbringer... I hope they're doing okay. And that someday they can forgive me." The voice called again as she pulled away, casting one last look to the RiverClan warrior before turning to sprint towards the moors, joining the rest of the patrol and looking back one last time before disappearing among the gorse.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020 - 18:24

Honeytongue's ears slicked back as Dappleshine expressed her doubts toward her mission to warm the heart of Torrentstar, gaze flickering away as she kneaded at the ground. It...She knew that Dappleshine had a point, that her father had a reason for what he did and he wasn't bound to change his way but...Was it so wrong to hope that her father wasn't that bad of a cat? That she could make him see that how he had acted was wrong and had caused more heartache that had never should have happened? She sighed softly, quietly admitting that...Perhaps Dappleshine was right. Perhaps rekindling her family was a lost cause...

She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the sound of other voices, gaze snapping up to follow her sister's. Oh, right. It was silly to think that Dappleshine would have been out near the gorge by herself. "Yeah, that would be great," she said as she turned to glance at Dappleshine, a soft smile on her face at the thought of perhaps seeing her far more often now that their connection was repaired. "I love you to, Dappleshine. And those two are doing well - and I'll make sure to keep a good eye on them," she said as she gave Dappleshine a soft purr and wave goodbye with her tail as the silver tabby hurried off to join her Clanmates.

However as Dappleshine disappeared from view, Honeytongue's smile softly faded as she sighed. ...Was it really a lost cause? Trying to talk sense to her father? ...Perhaps. He had been so distant recently, even before Redmask's death. She shook her head, turning and slowly padded into the territory. ...It would be smart to take a dip in the river, try to wash off the scent of WindClan from her lest he learned that he was meeting with her - maybe catch a fish or two to explain her absence from the camp. It hurt, knowing that she would have to keep seeing Dappleshine from her friends, family... But she was certain that nobody would forgive Dappleshine as easier as she had been willing to.

All it mattered was that Dappleshine was happy, even above the heartache of losing yet another family member.

...Right?

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Meet Again [Closed]   To Meet Again [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

To Meet Again [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: