Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ashwing's Leader Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

Ashwing's Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Ashwing's Leader Ceremony   Ashwing's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 30 May 2016 - 21:42

Ashwing padded unsteadily through the dark, cold caverns of Mothermouth, still shellshocked. No one had expected Sablestar's death so soon, least of all her. It seemed like she had only been deputy for a moon, and here she was at Highstones for her leader ceremony? It all seemed so unreal. And very, very scary. It took all of the gray-furred she-cat's courage, and a reassuring look from Emberleaf, to get her to enter the room with the Moonstone. Sparkling moonlight filtered down, casting a glow on the tall spire of rock. Ashwing was filled with apprehension, but she knew this was her destiny. She took a deep breath, lay down and touched her nose to the cold stone, instantly falling into a deep sleep.

The next thing her green eyes saw were starlit plains, seemingly empty. A chill swept through her. After the recent goings-on at the Gatherings, was StarClan still there? Would they accept her? But relief came as she looked closer and saw faint outlines of cats growing brighter. Soon, a whole host of starry-furred cats was standing there, looking at her with bright eyes. As Ashwing scanned the glimmering crowd, she saw many familiar faces. A voice, unrecognized but still warm and accepting, rang out.

"Ashwing, are you ready to recieve your nine lives and become leader of WindClan?"

The deputy swallowed nervously, the question echoing in the reaches of her mind. More significant than the oath she'd taken to be a warrior, than accepting the post of deputy, the query shook her down to the bones. But a warm resolve filled her and she answered, "Yes, I am."

A glittering cat who smelled of ShadowClan stepped forwards, blue eyes shining. Ashwing recognized the figure at once, though she hadn't seen her for ages. "Graybriar!"

Her mother ran forwards and twined her tail with her daughter's, similar shades of gray fur blending and contrasting. "It's so good to see you, my sweet. You have gone so far since you were my Shimmerkit. Welcome to StarClan." Graybriar stepped back, looking at the deputy approvingly. "I have been chosen to give you your first life. This life signifies the love of a mother for her kits. Let it guide you to protect and defend your Clan as if they were your own kin." She touched her nose to Ashwing's. 

Pain coursed through Ashwing's body, worse than the pain of giving birth. It set her teeth on edge, but left her with no doubt of her mother's love for her and reminded her of her feeling for her own two sons. It filled her with the will to give anything to take care of her Clanmates, even taking on LionClan, though it meant death. A fierce thought appeared in her mind as the pain died down. I will not let anything happen to my Clan.

Graybriar stepped back and another cat stepped up. The fur was a darker shade of gray, and the figure was that of a tom. Benevolence filled his eyes as he looked at Ashwing.

"Wolftrot- I missed you so much," she purred. She had often longed for her old mentor's advice after he died and she was in harder times. She still harbored affection for the tom.

Wolftrot smiled at her. "With this life I give you wisdom. Use it to make the right decisions for your Clan, whether to ally with or attack another Clan. Remember that the lives of others, from the youngest kit to the oldest elder, always rest on the choices you make." He touched his nose to hers, and agony racked her body. She felt the pain of warriors forced to fight a battle they didn't want, or the frustration of watching their Clan starve. She felt the anger and anguish of deputies watching their leaders choose wrong, or kits and queens suffering at the paws of other cats. Once again the agony left, and Wolftrot stepped away.

The next tom that stepped up was smaller, as small as a kit. His tan fur was ruffled, but his blue eyes held a wisdom beyond his age. It was her brother, Birchkit. A lump filled Ashwing's throat as she remembered his death, being taken by a hawk on the way to safety in WindClan.

He grinned at her. "I'm so proud of you, sis. I know you'll do great." Birchkit looked deep into her eyes. "This life is for understanding. Always make sure to attend to the needs of all in your Clan, and deal wisely with the other leaders. Don't be too cruel or too lenient. Protect your Clan, but don't extend more than is necessary." He stood on his hind legs to touch his nose to hers. Pain once again surged through Ashwing, this time fiercer than before. As it faded, she was left gasping. How would she survive the other six lives?

Her brother stepped away and an apprentice-sized tom stepped up. It was her apprentice Skunkpaw who had fallen into the gorge. There was happiness in his eyes where confusion and frustration had lain before, so she knew he was happier in StarClan than he had been in WindClan. "With this life I give you kindness," he meowed. "All cats deserve kindness, no matter what Clan they're in. Look out for your own Clan, but make sure that you are kind to all others, too." He touched her nose with his, and she felt the sting of cruelty magnified a hundredfold. She knew with a certainty that all cats were the same, no matter whether they were ThunderClan or WindClan. Hadn't Ashwing herself proved that, being not native to WindClan, and yet she would be its leader? The pain once again faded, and her former apprentice offered her a grin before fading back into the crowd.

The next cat who came up was Falconstar, the leader of WindClan before Sablestar. It seemed not too long ago that the brown tom had held the ceremony appointing Sablefur as deputy, or appointing her, Lightfoot, and Breezefeather to warriors. The former leader gazed at her with kindness in his eyes. "I give you a life for strength. As a Clan leader, you will need to always protect your Clan, day or night, no matter what condition you are in. Whether you're hunting for your Clan or leading them into battle, they will always come first." He touched his nose to hers, and Ashwing's body was racked with pain once more. But, instead of sapping away her strength, this pain somehow left the deputy with more resolve than she had ever felt, filling her with power as Falconstar stepped back.

As Falconstar went back into the crowd, a new cat stepped close to her. This tom made tears come to her eyes. The pelt of Icestorm, her green eyes- this was Sharppaw, her son, who had been killed on the Thunderpath. Ashwing nuzzled her son's fur. "I am so, so sorry," she whispered hoarsely.

Her son looked at her with love. "It's okay, Mom. I would have loved to grow up and be a warrior, but I love it here in StarClan. I've been watching you, Dad, and Smokepelt, and I'm so happy with you all." He cleared his throat. "The life I give you is for faith. Though you will go through a lot of hard times, always know that we are here, and we are with you no matter what you do." He leaned up to touch her nose, and Ashwing once more was racked with pain. But this feeling was easier to bear, and she could feel some of the weight and stress being lifted off her shoulders by a thousand loving Clanmates and friends.

Sharppaw went back into the crowd, and Sablestar stepped up. The older she-cat looked young again, and she looked at Ashwing with pride. "I didn't expect to leave you so soon, but I know you will be more than up to the task of being leader. This last life I give you is for leadership. This will give you the strength and the will to know what is best for your Clan, and that you will always be there taking care of them. They will listen to you, and you can guide WindClan to a new era of prosperity." Sablestar touched her nose to Ashwing's, and the last life coursed through her body, the pain filling her with determination. As the pain faded, the leader stepped back.

"I know you will be a great leader," the previous leader purred. "Your old life is gone, no more. You are now Ashstar, leader of WindClan. Remember our advice, and use it well. We will always be here for you."

The gray-furred she-cat looked at all the cats in the crowd, now chanting her name, and a warm sense of pride flooded her heart. WindClan was now in her charge- and she would keep it safe.

"Ashstar!"  "Ashstar!" "Ashstar!"

"Thank you all," she called as she started to drift back to wakefulness. "I won't let you down!" The starlit plains and shimmering cats faded away, leaving Ashstar back at the Moonstone, where the moonlight started to filter away.

She sat up and looked at Emberleaf, filled with a new resolve. It was time. "Let's go back home."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down

Ashwing's Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1