Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Extra Battle Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

Extra Battle Training Empty
PostSubject: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptySun 22 Jun 2014 - 17:06

It was a rather nice evening as Thrushstar waited at the camp entrance. There was a lot of training still needing to be done in his clan. Most of them he felt needed some more practice with battle moves and training. While some were already warriors, they needed to be prepared for anything and the Shadowclan leader was going to make sure they were ready for whatever the other clans were going to throw at them.
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Characters : Copperpaw, Shadepaw
Scorpio Pig
Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptySun 22 Jun 2014 - 18:58

Stormflight walked out of camp and came here to find his leader was here as well. "Oh hey Thrushstar. What are you doing here?" He asked
Back to top Go down
http://mcocrpg.forumotion.co.uk/
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 14:21

Thrushstar glanced at Stormflight. "Just waiting for some apprentices and warriors to do some more battle training. You should join us," he told the warrior.
Back to top Go down
Lilac

Lilac

Number of posts : 960

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 16:34

Mothpaw was tired and equally grumpy, as he pushed himself out of his comfortable moss bed and into the clearing of the camp. His fur was matted in crazy directions and he flicked his tail lazily as he walked towards the entrance. Despite his young age, he was already very big in size and it caused for him to carry himself in a very clumsy way.
Tumbling his way over to the group of cats forming at the entrance he plopped down. "Let's go." He enthused, slowly waking up and becoming more and more excited about training some with his leader.

ooc: it's been like two years since I've actually used battle system and moth needs to get out more c:

because lilacbreeze will always be my one true love:

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 16:32

OOC: now we can continue cx sorry about the wait.

Thrushstar glanced between the two cats and figured he had waited long enough. If other cats were going to show up, they would have done so by now. Standing up, he looked into the territory. It was a fairly good day to practice, and the ground was still a little wet from a rain just the other night. It was a good sign since that also meant the ground was softer than usual. It would help to keep from getting too hurt. "If you two are ready, we can get started. We will be practicing by the burnt sycamore. Follow me," he meowed as he began walking out of the entrance and into the territory.
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 22:36

"Sure." Stormflight said. He followed Thrushstar further into the territory
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 16:26

OOC: sorry. I was trying to wait on Lil, but it doesn't seem like she will be posting in this and I know that you want to learn the battle system so I'll continue ;u; if she wants to do it again sometime, I can make another topic.

When they arrived, Thrushstar turned towards Stormflight. "So I know that you learned to fight during your time as an apprentice, but the clan still needs to learn to sharpen their skills." He then posed in a defensive stance, waiting for the warrior to charge towards him. "Let's see what you got."

OOC2: alright this is going to get long. Here on the site, we use a battle system which can be found in the Rules at the top of the home page. Once there, you click on the Battle System. This shows you what moves the system contains, how much stamina they use, and how much damage they deal to your opponent. And it's all conveniently placed in charts :D

So, to start off with, you can choose any move that your character is able to use (you check this in the column that says "Rank First Usable"). Since your character is a young warrior, he can use anything up to Jumping Strike. This first chart only shows you how much stamina each move uses and if it has any special effects. Let's take Front Paw Strike for example. By looking in the row that the move is in, it tells you that this move uses 10 stamina. So whenever you use this move in a battle, you must subtract 10 from your total stamina (health and stamina for each rank can be found here.). Since a young warrior has 160 max stamina, after the move is used, an apprentice will only have 150 stamina left. 

Now for the damage. Still looking at Front Paw Strike, we move on to the next chart on the page. This chart just looks like a bunch of numbers next to each move on the chart. This shows how much damage each rank does. (K*= kit, A**= Apprentice, NAW= Newly Appointed Warrior, etc.). So you will want to look in the YW*** column (don't mind the stars, those don't matter at the moment). You will look for the number that is in the row for Front Paw Strike and the column for YW***. So, that number will be 17. So, Stormflight will do 17 damage to whoever he is attacking. Let's just say he is attacking anther young warrior. Since a young warrior has 45 max health, you subtract 17 from the 45 of your opponent to get 28. Does this make sense?

Example:
Stormflight used Front Paw Strike on another Young Warrior dealing 17 damage and using 10 stamina.

(you then put the stats of each cat)
Stormflight:
45/45 health
150/160 stamina

Warrior:
28/45 health
160/160 stamina

and just in case, you do bold by using this:
Code:
[b] insert words here [/b]

So try just using the front paw strike for now in your next post~
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 19:55

OOC: I'm assuming he is supposed to attack Thrushstar.

IC: Since this was a practice round, Stormflight made sure his claws were sheathed before attacking his leader. Stormflight used front paw strike on his leader with 15 damage and 150 stamina.

ooc 2: Like that?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 11:01

OOC: I really need to pay attention more... but yes! You do it just like that, except I'm sure that none of the battle moves use 150 stamina xD Maybe 10, but not 150. Also, remember to keep the stats of the cats underneath it as well. So, since Stormflight attacked Thrushstar with Front Paw Strike that did 15 damage, the stats should look like this:

Thrushstar
105/120
300/300

Stormflight
45/45
150/160

"That was a good strike, Stormflight," Thrushstar said, backing away from the warrior but keeping his defensive stance. "But you also need to make sure that you are ready for any attacks as well. Prepare yourself." With that, Thrushstar leaped at Stormflight, but he made sure to keep his claws sheathed.

Thrushstar used Front Paw Blow on Stormflight dealing 23 damage and using 5 stamina.

Thrushstar
105/120
295/300

Stormflight
22/45
150/160
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 14:57

ooc: Sorry for not replying, I haven't been on because of some stuff going on

ic: Stormflight tried to quickly dodge to the side to avoid the leader's attack.

ooc 2: Also sorry for not using it this time. I didn't know what to do from here like if I should use a different move or use the same and stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Battle Training   Extra Battle Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra Battle Training
Page 1 of 1