Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nightpaw's Assessment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Nightpaw's Assessment Empty
PostSubject: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 17:33

OOC: Remember to use the Assessment Guidelines of the Hunting System.

IC: Reedheart stood in the heart of RiverClan territory with the apprentice, kneading the damp ground with his paws and taking in the morning weather. Small birds chirped among the reeds, joined by the buzz and hum of insects as they flew with the drifting mist that snaked its way through the blades of grass that were weighed down by the morning dew. The strong scent of rain from the previous night and the sweet aroma of flowers filled Reedheart's nostrils.

It would be a good day to test this apprentice's skills; Nightpaw's ceremony was far overdue and the warrior had gotten permission from Froststar to assess her. As he tried to keep up a confident facade, he still felt nervous. He'd never assessed a cat before. All he knew was that he had to watch Nightpaw without her knowing, seeing if she was really ready to become a warrior. Still, there was the ever present fear on his mind that he'd accidentally rustle some grass and give his position away.

That would be incredibly embarrassing, and Reedheart almost shuddered thinking about the extremely awkwardness of the hypothetical moment.

He shook his head clear, looking to the apprentice and reciting the same words Froststar had told him when he had been assessed. "So, uh..."

Bad start.

"Just catch three pieces of prey, doesn't matter what, and then bring them back to this spot once you've done so." he tried again, almost blurting out the words. "I'll be watching you, but... uh, well, no pressure..." He mentally yelled at himself for his lack of forethought, before just sighing and finishing off his statement. "Just try to forget about me. I'll only be watching, and I can't interfere, so don't let me distract you if you spot me. If I think you did well, you'll be a warrior by sundown."

Good enough, I suppose... he thought to himself, turning around to get some distance between himself and the apprentice to let her start her hunt. "And... good luck." he said, pausing, before disappearing into the reeds.

Nightpaw's Assessment I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone, [K]Snakekit
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue, WC Kit
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2528

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 19:57

Nightpaw purred with excitement. It felt like a whole eternity since she had first been made an apprentice. She smiled and quickly vanished into the reeds with only a small rustle. Her dark form slinked across the damp ground, careful not to step on any twig, if there ever was that rare chance that one appeared. Sniffing the gradually humidifying air, she located a water vole chewing obliviously on marsh leaves. After watching it for a moment, she sprang. Landing her paws on the back on it's neck, the she-cat quickly killed it before it could cry out. Nightpaw smiled to herself, then quickly buried it under a patch of moss. Searching for her next peice of prey, she found herself near a stream and silently headed towards it.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."

Last edited by Blitz (Night) on Thu 2 May 2013 - 20:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15179

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 19:57

The member 'Blitz (Night)' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Chance Dice' : 6

Nightpaw's Assessment Mistpe10
Nightpaw's Assessment Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 22:37

OOC: Feel free to double post xD It'll take too long if you wait for me.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue, WC Kit
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 19:51

Ooc- M'kay

Ic- Coming up to the mossy banks, her fern eyes gazed into the glass clear stream for fish. Suddenly, the pale scales of a river bass flashed, and Nightpaw instictivly dashed out her dark paws. To her own suprise, her claws sank into it's tail. Unbalanced by it's struggle to release itself, she fell backwards with the fish landing on top of her. Feeling a hot flash of embarassment flush to her face from the ability of a fish to pin her without having legs of its own, she quickly nipped behind the bass's head and buried it next to the water vole. Noticing that the commotion had scared the rest of the fish away, the black cat jumped the stream to search for her third piece of prey.

Last edited by Blitz (Night) on Fri 3 May 2013 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 19:51

'Chance Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 21:22

Landing softly on the other bank, she began sniffing around for a scent trail, or another stream. A crow had settled farther away. Oh, Nightpaw had noticed it. But she only pretended not to. She had a hidden soft spot for birds- which led her to stepping on dead leaves delibratly to scare it away as she pretended to stalk it. "Mousedung..", she muttered fakely. The dark cat was actually happy it left. It will live longer than it should have.

Sticking her nose to the soft dirt, she searched for prey. Her nose tingling from the scent of another stream, she peered through the rushes to a sunfish resting at the pebbly bottom. Giving it a moment to feel a false sense of security, Nightpaw suddenly dived under the surface. Snatching it in her jaws, she had killed it by her grip barely after she swam back. Remembering that this was her third catch, she returned to her other two catches to pick them up and struggled to carry each firmly.

Arriving to her starting point, she gently placed the water vole, bass, and sunfish at her paws. Then she waited for Reedheart to emerge from any direction. That was depressingly fast for a long apprenticeship.

Last edited by Blitz (Night) on Fri 3 May 2013 - 21:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 21:22

'Chance Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:37

Reedheart had watched the apprentice, impressed by her technique. Before he knew it, she was already done. He stood up and padded back to the dark colored apprentice, a big smile on his face. "Well done!" he mewed, looking over her catch. "Let's carry this back to camp. You can pick something for yourself and take a break while I talk to Froststar; you deserve it." he said, turning tail to head back to camp. "And, uh... you might want to take a nap. You've got a long vigil ahead of you." he added with a wink, before disappearing into the reeds.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Assessment   Nightpaw's Assessment Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightpaw's Assessment
Page 1 of 1