Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Training fit for a warrior

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7404

Training fit for a warrior Empty
PostSubject: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 14:44

Stormstar paced the training hallow, his claws digging into the ground. His fur pricked at the thought of a fight coming. Part of him swore to StarClan he heard yowling faint in the wind. He shook his head, sighing. His nightmare was just getting to him, but it did worry him enough to call Falconfang for training. He had been vague on what he meant by 'training' but he was sure that the warrior would arrive soon. If a battle was coming, then he was making sure his Clan knew every fight in the book and there was a few moves that the Clans didn't teach to cats until they were warriors. He paused for a second, his eyes narrowing in thought; what in StarClan's name was a book anyways?

Training fit for a warrior ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 14:53

It wasn't long before Falconfang appeared, walking towards the leader and giving him a soft smile; after having had a moment to himself to think, a nice calm had come over the warrior. Now he felt that he could go about camp without thinking that every cat was looking at him with disdain. "Hello Stormstar," he mewed formally as he approached, although he gave him a bigger smile. "You wanted to see me about training?" Stormstar had been vague about this 'training', so Falconfang didn't exactly know what to expect. Was there something he hadn't yet learned?
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 14:57

Stormstar turned to the younger tom, nodding. "Yes. I've been having nightmares. They might not seem important, but I always see us fighting something. I'm worried that a fight is coming our way," he meowed, trying not to say to much about his nightmare. "Just in case, I want to teach you a few more moves."

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 14:59

Falconfang tipped his head slightly. He had been having nightmares too, but those obviously were different... maybe they were a warning from Starclan? "Alright!" he mewed eagerly; it had been quite a while since the warrior had been in a training battle. "What are we going to learn?" Sure, hunting wasn't his speciality... but he was good at battling.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:09

"First thing, first, the back kick." The tom walked over to one of the few bushes on the moor, before turning back to Falconfang. "The back kick is quiet simple. You lash you with your back legs, but because you have to be facing backwards and you need to attack while balanced on your front paws; you aren't able to use it on a cat that is attacking you, so it is great for teaming up with Clanmates. One can have the cat's attention, with the other using the back kick." Stormstar bent down, bracing his front legs before he kicked out with his back legs at the bush, breaking off some of the dead twigs. He padded back toward Falconfang, flicking his tail at the dead bush. "Now you try."

Stormstar used Back Kick on dead bush, dealing 18 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Stormstar:

120/120 HP

285/300 SP

Bush:

0/0 HP
0/0 SP

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:15

Nodding, Falconfang approached the bush, then turned around to face his leader. Giving off a nervous smile, the warrior pushed down on the earth with his front paws and lashed out hard with his back legs, smashing them into the bush and causing a few more dead twigs to rain down on the ground below. Landing down perfectly - or reasonably perfect - on his hind paws, he stepped forward before turning his head to assess the damage.

Falconfang used Back Kick on dead bush, dealing 13 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Falconfang:

60/60 HP

175/200 SP

Bush:

0/0 HP
0/0 SP

OoC: Dead bush.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:30

Stormstar nodded, a large smile on his face. "Perfect, Falconfang. Now, you shall learn play dead. Not much of a show that I can really show you, but I can tell you a lot about it. Play dead looks just like it sounds like. When you are fighting an enemy, if you are badly hurt, a good idea is to, simply, act like you are defeated. They will let their guard down, and that is your moment to attack. This move is more useful against Clan cats, as they aren't going to be trying to kill you, but rogues however, they want to kill you and if you act dead for them, they might have the common sense to make sure." He paused, debating if he should move on to the next move, but he figured he might as well. "The next move is teeth grip. You find an opportunity to grab onto the enemy's scruff, holding onto them tight. Very few moves, the moves using your front paws, are the really the only way to attack the enemy that is holding onto you." Without another word, Stormstar dashed forward, snaking around Falconfang before pouncing on the warrior and lightly grabbing the brown warrior's scruff in his jaw. After a few moments, he let go and backed away. "Like that, but you bite down much harder."

Stormstar used Teeth Grip on Falconfang, dealing 0 damage (Meant to) and costing 20 stamina.

Stormstar:

120/120 HP
265/300 SP

Falconfang:

60/60 HP
175/200 SP

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:40

Falconfang listened to Stormstar speak of the play dead move, and made sure to remember it, since it couldn't truly be shown in this practice. Now, the teeth grip... Falconfang wasn't prepared for Stormstar to attack, and was nearly crushed by the huge leader as he took his scruff into his jaws. Luckily this was just practice. Taking a deep breath and shaking off a bit of embarrassment, Falconfang picked himself up and quickly glanced towards Stormstar's left before rushing towards him from the right. Taking the opposite path from where he had looked, the brown-furred warrior - smaller than the big leader - pushed off the ground and hopped onto Stormstar's back, lightly grasping the leader's scruff in his jaws and pushing down to force Stormstar's legs to buck. Whether that was enough to knock the leader over was up for debate.

Falconfang used Teeth Grip on Stormstar, dealing 0 damage (Meant to) and costing 20 stamina.

Stormstar:

120/120 HP
265/300 SP

Falconfang:

60/60 HP
155/200 SP
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 13:08

Stormstar let out a small huff as Falconfang landed on him, one of his front legs bucking under the weight, but overall he was able to stand. "Ok, Falconfang! That's good!" he muttered, doing his best not to fall, but his legs were starting to hurt. "Now, I guess this would be a good time to talk about the Scruff Shake," he manged to meow, before with some effort shook his head with a sigh. "Now if you could get off of me before my legs fall off..."

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 13:18

"Oh! Sorry," Falconfang mewed apologetically, quickly jumping off Stormstar's back and turning back to face his leader. His eyes were brighter now as he was actually enjoying what he was doing rather than dreading what his clanmates were thinking of him.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 13:27

Stormstar let out a small sigh as Falconfang's weight disappeared from his back, before turning his gaze to the warrior. "Alright. The scruff shake is pretty much a follow up move from teeth grip. When you grab the warrior's scruff in your grip, you want to shake the warrior as hard as you can so they are unable to move. It's pretty easy to understand, so I see no need to show you how to do it." He paused, his tail flickering. "Next we have upright lock. It's a move that you want to use to on a weak opponent. You rear up on your back legs, then bring down your full weight on to the opponent and pin them down. Also easy to understand, so also there is no need to show you."

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 13:34

Falconfang nodded after each move was told to him, making mental remembrances as they went along. There were so many moves to memorize, but the brown-furred warrior was determined to learn them all. "Is there anything else?" he mewed, his tail moving back and forth with the excitement of battle knowledge - anything closely resembling a battle he could at least do reasonably well.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 7:57

Stormstar shook his head, flickering his tail. "No, that is it. These are helpful moves to know, but I hope that the time of using them will never come to the Clans in this lifetime." He got to his paws, flickering one of his ears as he glanced at the warrior. "Come on, we need to get back to the camp."

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:38

Falconfang nodded, prepared to follow Stormstar back to camp. "Thanks Stormstar," he mewed, smiling despite himself. It felt much better to be practicing battle moves than to be stuck in camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training fit for a warrior   Training fit for a warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Training fit for a warrior
Page 1 of 1