Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sad Beautiful Tragic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty

Frosty

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Leader x2
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 1966

Sad Beautiful Tragic Empty
PostSubject: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 21:48

Her feet felt like stones. Not the light pebbles weathered down by water that laid near the river and her home, but the rough, heavy stones scattered around Sunningrocks. Every step she toke forward felt like another step to fate- that's where she was headed, wasn't it? She was being directed by StarClan it seemed, as they sent her forward towards her end. True, it wasn't a real end. Never having died before, she didn't know what to expect. What would her short visit to the after life be like? She didn't fear dying, and not just because she knew it wasn't the end for her reign as leader. It was more because she was tired- would dying rid her of the sickness that had been haunting her for moons now? Her thoughts were interrupted by a heaving cough, one that went on for a minute or so, shaking her body and bring tears to her eyes. She couldn't go further. She didn't want to be near camp, though she wasn't sure why. Maybe she didn't want anyone to worry, or see her as any weaker than she was before. Death was a sign of weakness. She didn't want to be weak.
The young she-cat collapsed to the ground, her breath coming in short, painful gasps. This was normal. This wasn't the climax of greencough yet. How long would she have to wait?
The RiverClan leader looked around, and realized where she was. Still on her territory, but on the edge, a few fox lengths from Fourtrees.
She dropped her head and closed her eyes tightly, not even noticing the sound of paw steps approaching.

Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyThu 8 Nov 2012 - 0:52

This was a trip he had insisted that he would go on alone. His apprentices would be busy with their training and he had told Gingerheart that she would need to head a hunting patrol once again, since there were more mouths to feed and less paws to work with, now that his deputy had retired to the nursery with her new kit - he questioned if she would be able to go on with her duties at all, or was it even worth waiting for her? Who could fill the position, though?
There were other things bothering him, with leaf-bare approaching close and closer, prey would become increasingly hard to find. This was his first season as leader and he didn't want it ending up in starvation. There were, though, opportunities he saw that could easily be used to prevent such things from happening; and if it was the best thing for his clan, then of course he'd make sure he would do so.
It was true, and what he kept telling himself, but he did have a secret second motive. Diplomatically, Sagestar could say that he hardly considered the two of them to be friends, or even allies; but in reality, this was the she-cat he spent his apprentice years competing with - getting in trouble with for chatting too much at the gatherings. The one he dreaded any conflict with RiverClan for fear of having to meet her in battle. He remembered how they'd both brag that one day they'd be the best in their clans, rise to the top, though never once did he imagine he'd get there so quickly - and neither did she, he was certain.
He had seen the solemn look of the deputy's face, Silver had a terrible poker face, at the gathering and realized how serious her condition was probably.

And now, here he was. He had thought he'd meet a rather hostile and bitter patrol, and maybe try to convince them to let him visit their sickly leader. This - ... this was the last thing he had expected.
The gray and white tabby stopped his walk at the very edge of the border, refusing to pass the scent lines, but unable to help but look with wide, green eyes, seeing the familiar, frail shape before him. "Froststar...?" He hissed under his breath in alarm. What was she doing here? She hardly looked fit to leave camp! He took in a deep breath, trying to find fresh traces of any other cats in the area, but finding none. The tom flicked his ear and frowned, getting down low, he took a cautious step over the border and inched twords her curiously. "You're still breathing, aren't you...?" He tried to mask the concern in his voice, but was rather 'caught off guard by the entire situation.

pffft. This post is so small. T: Tiny. Like a caterpie.

Sad Beautiful Tragic PDt1Qqd Sad Beautiful Tragic Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptySun 11 Nov 2012 - 18:28

Froststar wasn't quite worried about leaf-bare- I mean, as long as the river didn't freeze over, then their main food source would probably be fine. And since water constantly moved, it took time to freeze over. But honestly, profound thoughts about friendship and the future didn't fill her mind at the moment.
Why wasn't she surprised that he was there? Was she so far gone that she was cut of from any emotion? Then how could she explain the light, distant feeling of happiness when she heard his voice? Obviously, she was thankful for any company at all, even the ShadowClan tom. Obviously. She groaned in pain, lifting her head and turning it in his direction, blinking back tears from the sharp headache pounded against her skull. "For now." She whispered, wishing for her voice to come out strong and proud, like it should, but instead hearing a weak, scared, kit-like reply escape her lips. "What are you doing here, Sagestar?" Her voice was flat and raspy, the only feelings it portrayed were her tired, 'let this be over with already' ones.

Your post is a beautiful freaking beautifly. This is a caterpie. xD

Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptySun 18 Nov 2012 - 1:11

At first, the tom nosed her shoulder gently before scraunching his face and pulling back. Froststar simply reeked of sickness, even so much that he couldn't barely catch the scent of reeds and fish on her fur. The tom sighed, no offence to the leader, but she sounded equally pathetic as well... And her appearance, normally sleek and graceful, ...
What was he supposed to say? "Oh, I wanted to ask you about maybe bullying the other clans into getting some food, but I see you're busy. Ktnxbai." No, no. That wouldn't do at all... But what? He took a short breath and blinked his green eyes slowly, "That's not important right now." Sagestar muttered, "But, I hate to see you suffer. You can let go, it's alright, I'll be waiting for you when you get vack."

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptySun 25 Nov 2012 - 11:52

What, are you saying Frosty smells bad? >:U *smacks Sage*
*shot*

She knew she couldn't be worse for wear, and was simply on the nadir of pathetic, but come on. He didn't have to rub it in. Even now, she was still curious to what he wanted, and was about to insist he answered her, before he went on. Suddenly, she opened her icy blue eyes. At least they didn't look different- if anything, they were brighter now. (Sadly due to incoming tears she had been fighting off for days.) "I don't want to let go, Sagestar. I'm so scared... And- and I don't want to let it win." Her voice was small and childlike, and she finally let down a wall she had so desperately built up. Her facade of strength and her bravado were both gone, and now she was simply... Scared. Weak. Sad.

Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012 - 16:44

I'm just saying, when a guy who lives in ShadowClan (The Magical Land of Mud, Frogs, and Crow-Food) thinks you smell, there might be a problem. /shot *smacked* okay. u.u

For a few moments, he stared at her a bit blankly. While her was crumbling down, his still easily remained strong. He actually considered grabbing a stick and whacking her with it. You're the motha-fawking leader of RiverClan, woman! Pull! *whack* Yourself! *whack* Together! *whackwhackwhack* But - something; just something told him that wasn't what she really needed at the moment. Okay.

The tom sighed moving closer to her and sitting down, gently wrapping his tail around her, trying to be comforting - whether it was working or not, the tabby had no idea. He didn't want to get to close, risking to catch the sickness, but... There was a part of him that absolutely hated seeing her so beaten down. He almost wanted to give her a few licks behind the ear, like he would to comfort a kit, but then - ...

"StarClan will heal most of the sickness." Sagestar muttered, "You're only torturing yourself like this and I hate seeing you like -" He paused to catch himself, "You were given nine lives for a reason. Is this why you missing from the gathering?" He shook his head, "Your clan needs you."

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012 - 22:33

If he had knocked some sense into her, that would have help. She didn't realize that right now, even while thinking of her clan, she was simply thinking of herself. She was being selfish, but she wasn't exactly aware. If she was, she'd put up a strong front again- oh wait, she had already tried that. For weeks now, the RiverClan leader had tried in vain to be strong. Now, at the precipice of life itself, she didn't have the strength to even act strong. She was just strong enough not to slip away, but even that was crumbling...
As Sagestar's tail wrapped around her in a comforting manner, she closed her eyes again, sighing silently. If he was wondering if it helped, it did.
She was definitely aware that StarClan would heal her if she was to pass away, but that wasn't the problem. She didn't want to appear weak- well, to late for that, Froststar. But death was the nadir in her opinion. Unless she died fighting, for someone else or something she believed in, it wasn't good enough for her. She nodded weakly at his question. But she hadn't been allowed to leave her den!
His last sentence pierced her heart. Her clan did need her, didn't they? She couldn't just leave them as she sat there on her lazy butt, letting a disease part her from them all. She could leave it all to StarClan...
"But- but-" She turned to face him, but an internal battle was raging in her eyes, and logic was winning. ".. It annoys me that you're right. I hope you know that. I guess... I guess my biggest problem, is that I fear any cat thinking any less of me." She whispered, as if to herself. She chuckled without humor, shaking her head softly. "Though it's to late for that now, I suppose... You said you'd wait for me, right? When I come back, you won't be gone? Because if so..." She sighed and closed her eyes, her head falling to her paws. She was ready now. She was done. Finally, she wasn't afraid. She just needed someone to be there... She didn't want to wake up alone.

Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012 - 1:41

Well, that's what he would have done to any of his own clanmates - and something he had planned to do with a certain few, like Feathersong - something told him in his mind that wasn't the right approach though, since RiverClan were a bunch of softies? /shot
Despite the situation, Sagestar felt his whiskers twitch in mild amusement. Of course he was right. "I do." He answered back simply, having to strain his ears to hear her as her voice dropped down. He didn't bother to comment a bit after that. Her pride was broken by her own sheer, stubborn will - or, you could say, it damaged itself. At least, Sagestar could say for her that she had come to her senses fairly quickly, though he wasn't quite sure why she needed him for that.
The tom blinked, "So long as nothing happens." He meowed honestly. "I'd make it quick for both our sakes..." Sagestar muttered, as if dying were an easy thing to do, - but he'd feel rather uneasy for the several moments her body would lay still. As it would, her would seem to remain cool and composed, internally... *cough*."Asdf. You don't know if that was her last life or not. You killed her, genius. Now watch as a RiverClan patrol walks in. You're fox-dung. And what if she's not alright. Pfft. What do you care? ... If she's gone, you have to deal with Silvershade or worse, Silverstar? Ah good excuse - I mean point. Ohmergerd. Just come back, Froststar. I need mah buddy. ;A; Well, I don't NEED you, but that'd kinda really suck of you died. Just. Shut up, concious..okay. u.u
He sat quietly, throwing his mind back to the matters of his clan and leaf-bare. His population kept growing. Could they survive, or would they starve? He needed to be certain, and for that, he felt like he needed Froststar's help.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyMon 3 Dec 2012 - 19:00

Froststar rolled her eyes in playful annoyance, nudging his shoulder gently, in a kit-like gesture.
"Yes, because I'm sure I'll be so eager to stay cold and unbreathing." She mumbled, a bit of her old personality seeping through the serious and grim attitude. No matter how hard she acted like it, she was still fairly young. Although, slowly but surely she was growing up, taking up the mature and wise demeanor she felt was needed to be a great leader.

She wasn't expecting death to come so fast. It was almost like sleep after a long day of hunting, welcome and greeted warmly. The need for rest seemed to tug her towards the light, and the chance at peace was welcomed with wide arms. Or paws. You get the point, betch. Slowly, her breath slowed down along with her heartbeat, and she was gone. Her expression was no longer one of pain, instead something that could be compared to a newborn kit's. Innocent and pure, peaceful and angelic.

The ground was cold under her feet, and she looked around, only to see darkness. A sense of peace warmed her pelt, and she closed her eyes for a moment in content. Soon, red light seeped through, and she peeked at the sky, which- instead of the previous pitch black night- was now filled with stars. Under her feet was cool grass, and she recognized the territory as RiverClan. A familiar white she-cat padded forward and touched noses with the leader. At that touch, memories flew back, startling her. She needed to get back to Sagestar. He was waiting for her on the other side! Despite that, she didn't want to leave the queen in front of her. "Mother..." She murmured, a purr in her voice.
"Froststar. I'm so proud of you... But your time isn't over yet. StarClan has healed you, be thankful. Remember you are strong, and with StarClan to guide you, nearly unstoppable." Her voice was sweet and smooth as honey, and Froststar could almost smell the scent of milk on her. Was she really strong? She felt like it now. She felt like she had the power of stars in her paws. Before she could reply though, she was whisked away back to Earth.

She drew in a sharp breath, blinking open her eyes. Her furr was still warm, and her gaze found Sagestar sitting beside her. The scent of sickness was quickly vanishing, and there was a new strength in her icy blue eyes.

Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptySun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:43

At her last snarky comment, Sagestar couldn't help but twitch his whiskers faintly in amusement. He didn't dare say anything back, though. At least, not yet. The tom watched quietly as she lay her head down and she close her eyes, her breathing coming to a stop. As strange as it was, and as certain he ShadowClan cat was that she'd be back, it was... chilling to see her die, to say the least. He didn't notice it, but he himself had been holding his breath every moment she lay still.

The longer that he sat there waiting for her to return, the more the worry was clear in his eyes. To be honest, he had never really seen anyone die and come back to life before - none of that of the leader, anyways. He had never seen the leader before him because he had lived to a very ripe age and had lost his last two lives away from Sagestar's eyes. The tom himself had never died... And while he remembered his ceremony and StarClan - how real it all was, there was a growing feeling in his stomach saying that something might have gone wrong... Did it really take this long to heal her?

Not really thinking about it, he felt his grip on her tighten gently - leaning down and pressing his nose gently on her cheek. "You can wake up now..." He mewed in a level voice, closing his eyes. Sagestar had stayed like that for a few moments before he flinched backwards, feeling the sudden jolt through her body. For a good couple of heartbeats, he drew back - looking rather uncertain until his gaze met her icy own, that old - cold flame seeming to be back.

"Froststar..." He muttered, before clearing his throat and shaking his head. Pfft. Worried? He hadn't been worried. "Took you long enough."

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyWed 19 Dec 2012 - 20:27

At his startled reaction, Froststar raised an eyebrow (Aye, can cats do that?) in amusement at him. Her cheek was noticeably warm, and she couldn't understand why. She had no recollection of his muzzle on her cheek. The she-cat took a few moments to breath again, the feeling a bit strange after being completely still.

She looked over at Sagestar, and watched him try and act cool. "Worried I wouldn't come back?" She joked, although all humor feel flat. Death wasn't a funny subject, and after experiencing it... It was even less so. She too shook her head, clearing her thoughts and crossing her paws elegantly. She was well aware that his tail was wrapped around her, but decided not to mention it for a bit. The simple touch was comforting.

"Well, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting." She murmured flatly, looking down. "Now, after that ordeal, what is it you wanted to speak to me about?" She asked, trying to keep her voice from shaking as she slowly regained her strong, proud self back.

Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic EmptyWed 26 Dec 2012 - 16:05

. Feeling his fur slightly ruffled, the tom licked his paw and rubbed down his ear, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Well," He started with a sigh, "¢oming back from the dead isn't exactly something I've seen before." Sagestar gave her a weak smile and shook his head again.

He had forgotten that he had been so close to Froststar, his mind crowded with many different thoughts. "I'm glad to see you're okay." The ShadowClan cat look down at her with a warm glint in his eyes. The thought arose to him, though, - she was one of the closest cats in the forest to him... Admittedly. If she hadn't become leader, and caught that same sickness, she would've been gone for good. How would he have felt then?

Sagestar flicked his tail, just now realizing it was still wrapped around her and he felt flushed with a sudden warmth, though he couldn't exactly place why. The tom quickly stood up and padded a few rabbit-hops away, straightening himself out. Oh, that's right...

"My clan is growing." He said with a straight-tone, "And leaf-bare is just around the corner. I'm worried about prey." He looked a lot more serious now, trying to disguise the worry on his face. "Lionstar has shown much weakness these past few moons. If it comes to it, I will seek prey on his land if it means feeding my clan - and, if I can help it, I want to be sure there's little opposition. RiverClan's support would be much appfeciated." Sagestar sounded so formal, trying tl step out of the simple warrior who had cared for Frostberry and more into the role of leader of his clan.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad Beautiful Tragic   Sad Beautiful Tragic Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad Beautiful Tragic
Page 1 of 1