Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Falconpaw's Training: Part 1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:50

Duststorm sat near the entrance to camp. The sun had risen shortly before he left the den, and he now sat watching it drift higher into the sky. With a jolt, the tom realized he now had an apprentice that needed training.

Approaching the apprentice's den, Duststorm cleared his throat before calling softly but firmly, "Falconpaw, we start training today."
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:01

Falconpaw woke with a start at the voice calling to him. That dream again... Shaking off the thought, the new apprentice stifled a yawn as he left the cozy den and came face to face with his mentor.

"Hello Duststorm," he mewed quietly before letting his eyes drift around the camp.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:25

Duststorm looked at his apprentice. The faintest hint of a smile shone on his face.
"Are you ready to begin training?" he questioned.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012 - 19:32

Falconpaw turned his gaze back to his mentor and gave a courteous nod, his tail swishing once from side to side. "What are we going to do?"
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptySun 23 Sep 2012 - 14:53

Getting to his paws and stretching, Duststorm answered, "We'll be conducting an informal border patrol, simply so that you may get to know the territory." The tom began leading the way towards the camp entrance.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptySun 23 Sep 2012 - 15:38

Falconpaw started padding after his mentor, quickening his pace so he could keep pace with the bigger warrior. A shiver of excitement spread through his paws: he was finally going to see Windclan territory!
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012 - 16:55

Once out of camp, Duststorm quickened his pace to a trot. As he moved, he thought about what his mentor had taught him. He sorted through the important tidbits in his mind as he and Falconpaw approached the gorge.
Pausing on the edge of the rock, Duststorm sat and turned to his apprentice.
"Always be careful near this edge," he said.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012 - 18:07

Hurrying his pace, Falconpaw was able to step alongside his mentor's trot, but quickly stopped when Duststorm did. As Duststorm was giving his warning, the brown-and-white-furred tom peered over the gorge, his eyes widening at the sickening drop. A thought briefly crossed his mind: What would it be like to fall down there? Falconpaw quickly stepped back from the edge, suppressing a shudder.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012 - 18:56

"This is the gorge that separates our territory from Riverclan's," Duststorm explained further. "Now come, we have much more to see." Thinking he might enjoy this, the tom led the way along the edge of the gorge, watching the waters below as they came closer.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012 - 20:52

Falconpaw hurried along after him, his gaze occasionally straying down to the waters below. It looked terrifying, but the young apprentice refused to show any fear, continuing to walk close to the edge.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2012 - 17:59

Duststorm moved along the edge of the gorge until they had reached the falls. Here he took a left, leading the way along a dirt track.
"Oh, I nearly forgot!" he exclaimed. "Here is how you mark the territory." Moving towards a rock, Duststorm demonstrated for his apprentice. "We have to renew the scent markers every now and then. Otherwise, the other clans forget their place."
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2012 - 18:54

Falconpaw watched and nodded. He knew how important it was to make sure the other clans didn't cross into their territory.

"Duststorm," he mewed, "if the markers are so clear, why would the other clans stray into our territory?"
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyMon 1 Oct 2012 - 16:31

"Ah, now that's an excellent question," Duststorm smiled. "Sometimes, we neglect our duties, or it rains and we cannot get to remarking the borders quickly enough. Also, some other clans are fond of pushing their luck when chasing prey. We don't often run into that problem, it is usually only with Thunderclan."
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyMon 1 Oct 2012 - 16:42

Falconpaw nodded thoughtfully, continuing to follow his mentor while wondering why other clans would be so careless.

"Where are we off to next?"
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 EmptyWed 3 Oct 2012 - 17:01

"I'm going to show you Fourtrees," Duststorm answered. "It is a place where the clans hold peace, on the night of the fullest moon." As he said this, they arrived at the small clearing, where four large trees formed corners to the spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falconpaw's Training: Part 1   Falconpaw's Training: Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Falconpaw's Training: Part 1
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next