Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

This is Serious, Please Look

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

This is Serious, Please Look Empty
PostThis is Serious, Please Look

Lately, I've been noticing how much cussing has been going on here. And for some reason, it's making me uncomfortable. Such as last night, somebody was on (and I'm not going to point fingers), and pretty much every sentence, they said a bad word. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if they actually CENSORED IT. But the way they were "censoring," I could read the word perfectly fine because either they spelled it a different way, or used some symbol/letter/number to replace one letter in the word.

I decided to go back and look at the rules, originally made by Mistpelt, this site's creator. One of the rules says, "No Swearing." There are no exceptions here, nothing that says, "You can do it in the chatbox, you can do it in OoC's, you can censor it." It simply says No Swearing.

Most likely, I'm going to be flamed for this. But for me, I am putting my foot down on the cussing. If you're on the chatbox while I am, and you cuss without regular censoring using *'s, I will kick you. I know Jay has this rule that a couple of words can be said, but it's not in the actual rules, and he hasn't made it official. Plus, I don't think any of us want to really overrule what Mistpelt has said.

I'm done. Please don't make hate mail. Thank you.

~Rainy
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

This is Serious, Please Look :: Comments

Ebby
Re: This is Serious, Please Look
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 11:33 by Ebby
*standing ovation*
Sun
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 11:37 by Sun
Ebony stole my ovation >> loljk but I agree completely. Those who even think about sending hate mail to you are morons without lives and think they are cool because they cuss >:U
Bloo
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 11:39 by Bloo
Finally! Someone who agrees with me! I tried using the censor thing in admin panel, turning things like the s word and stuff into 'Mouseheart, foxheart' whatever and I just got flamed. Now I agree with Rain! *joins Ebs in ovation*
Flame
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 11:42 by Flame
Yay!
Mud
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:01 by Mud
Bloo that idea is great idea. Just censor it to say the warrior cusses. Like the worst of the words Fox Dung and th least worst Mouse Brain
Pinely-san
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:07 by Pinely-san
Um.. Okay ._.

I agree c:
Moon
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:10 by Moon
I agree :D

WCC is a family-friendly site.

Jay can . . . PIFF. That's what Jay can do. >:C *rageplz*
Dusky
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:22 by Dusky
*Joins in standing ovation* GOOOO RAINY!!!!!!!!!
Snowy
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:50 by Snowy
I agree! It is wrong to be cursing on a site that has children (Including me) *Clap clap clap*
Thistle (Angel)
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 12:58 by Thistle (Angel)
*joins standing ovation* I agree. No cussing D:< And I agree that they should be changed to warrior curses.
Rainy
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 13:05 by Rainy
Well, we don't necessarily have to change them to those ones. It isn't in the actual RPing that it's a problem.
Darkshadow
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 13:21 by Darkshadow
I disagree.
Moon
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 13:24 by Moon
Care to explain why, Dark?
Darkshadow
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 13:26 by Darkshadow
I look up to Rain and I think that she's being really responsable when she's standing up for herself and for the people who dislike cussing, but I still dont agree that saying no cussing at all is going to solve anything. It's not really a very good reason, but still, people are still going to cuss.
Post  by Sponsored content

This is Serious, Please Look

Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: