Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Finding the End

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feath ❤️

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat
Number of posts : 2815

Finding the End Empty
PostSubject: Finding the End   Finding the End EmptySun 3 Apr 2011 - 21:32

(can I have some feedback if you read this? please and thank you :D)

Finding the End
Chapter One
It all started with darkness. Then the hint of light came. Swirling light that filled the darkness made it way throughout this space. It was glorious light that gave hope of a new world. Then the land formed. A ball, like putty molded into a sphere that was filled with water and plants and trees formed. Clouds circled the sky like puffy cotton that grew in the soil. Stars marked the night sky, along with their friend the Moon. The blue sky contrasted with the Sun like they were old friend, hugging side-to-side. Day and night co-existed with the animals that roamed this planet, and all was generous to one another. People, human beings, they two co-existed here in balance. Yet, animals slowly adapted, while the people rushed through it. From wood, to stone, to metal, to the further, we adapted. And along the way, we polluted this wonderful gift that we had been given. We killed it slowly, running up the time that could have lasted millions of years, in only a few short thousand. The blink of an eye to what could have been is what was. And all too soon, the wondrous place we had been given was dead. This was the end of Earth.
But the human species was not to be toyed with. We built space ships and rockets, and we set off into the Unknown. We set off into the universe. It was exciting to find out what was out there, as we had been wondering for so long. Generations upon generations spent their lives on this ship, never setting foot on actual land. It wasn’t like scientist knew where to go. So the lives were lived out on a space ship, sailing through the cosmos. No one thought there was an end, and if they did, they didn’t question the idea of the End of Space. Until one eventful day.

“Uno!” A girl, looking about fourteen shouted, her long crimson curls bouncing as she jumped in excitement. Her mossy green eyes were narrowed at her opponents. A girl sitting beside her, with shoulder length black hair sighed.
“It’s not fun for everyone else when you win three times in a row Blair.” The girl said, geeky black glasses meant for fashion adorning her high cheek bones. Her smoky gray eyes looked aggravated. Blair pouted, and the brunette boy across from her scouted the black haired girl.
“Come on Airi, don’t be such a downer.” He said to Airi, who rolled her silver eyes at him.
“Shut-up Jayson, you know it’s no fun to lose every time.” She said, crossing her arms. Blair’s spirits seemed to lift again, and the girl elbowed Airi.
“I’d lose, but I’m on my fifteenth streak. What would be the fun in losing when I could set a twenty win record?” Blair exaggerated, throwing her flame colored locks back and laughing loudly.
“I would rather shove blades in my ears.” A blonde boy joked, his blonde hair falling stylishly over his clouded blue eyes. Jayson looked at him disapprovingly.
“Like they’d ever let you touch a blade again, Leo. You remember the last time your mother gave you scissors. You tried to saw apart your bed.” Leo smiled, the grin reaching his blue eyes, and curving sweetly.
“I was bored, and want to see if I could carve a butterfly.” He snorted, laying his paper cards inner-face on the table.
Airi rolled her eyes yet again. “You don’t even know what a butterfly is, stupid.” She said. Leo leaned across the table, and smiled. Blair and Jayson leaned in closely to listen to his whisper. Leo had his moments when he said things that would give you chill bumps.
“That’s the best part. I could just imagine what it looked like. It could be my own creation, and it wouldn’t have to be what anyone else though.” He said. Airi looked down. But Leo wouldn’t have known. Leo had something very special about him. He was blind. Blair nodded at Jayson, who moved the glass of water so Leo wouldn’t knock it over. Airi didn’t seem the least bit phased that she had made fun of a cripple. Jayson smiled at Airi, but her cold eyes shot him down. A bell chimed for the fourth time that day, and the four friends stood. Leo helped by Jayson. Blair collected the cards, and Airi watched all of them stiffly. The four split, in three groups, Airi and Blair by themselves and Leo with Jayson. The groups of teenagers walked separate ways, each having a different class to go too.
“See you at lunch!” Blair called, receiving waves from Airi and Leo (although his was in the wrong way) and a smile from Jayson.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

Finding the End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the End   Finding the End EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 12:31

Chapter Two
Eye followed Blair as she walked to Art Appreciation or AA as they called it. She tugged on her green dress. It was standard that girl wore plain, solid colored dresses, and boys khakis and solid colored shirts. She didn’t know why she was being watched though. She hadn’t put any ribbons in her hair, and her outfit was traditional. She hadn’t put on any shoes either. Shoes were a required and Blair preferred none. She didn’t know what was up with everyone. When she reached the colorful AA room, she sat beside a blond girl in a white dress, whose long hair was pulled back in a French twist.
“Pricilla, why is everyone starring at me?” She asked. But Pricilla was too busy looking at Blair’s creamy colored hands.
“What is that?” She asked, looking at her pack of Uno cards. Blair looked at them herself, wondering what was so odd about her playing cards. Leo, Airi, Jayson and she had been playing Uno since they could walk and talk. Didn’t everyone know what it was?
“It’s a card game. You match the color, symbol, or number with each other.” The red-head said, tucking the deck in a buttonable pocket, and replacing her empty hand with a paint brush. An open jar of blue paint sat on her left, a jar of red on her right. In front of her, a blank canvas stared blankly at everyone.
Pricilla snorted. “Well, it sounds stupid, like it’s for a child learning their colors and numbers.” She said blink long lashed green eyes. Blair ignored her and dipped a brush in the red paint, streaking the white canvas.
“Today class,” Teacher started, “we will be painting strawberries and blue berries.” Blair looked away from her eyes embarrassed for having streaking her canvas too soon. Screw it I’m doing this my way. She smiled, dipping her fingers in the paint and making hearts on her paper.
“How’s this?” She asked, turning to Pricilla.
The girl shrugged. “Your fruit is awfully ugly.” She snickered. Blair boiled, liking her painting.
“It isn’t fruit stu-“
“Blair! My, what a mess you’ve made!” Teacher shouted at her, cutting off what she was going to say. Blair looked downward. Teacher grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her out of the room. The old woman, whose mousy brown hair was thinning and graying furrowed her brow in frustration.
“Blair, how many times do I have to tell you? It is not art if it is not real. You paint what you see, not what comes from your imagination. Imagination is wha-.”
“Is what got us here, I know.” Blair said, finishing Teacher’s sentence. But no one can actually tell me were here is, or were we where before that. The defiant girl thought, drifting away from the scowling Teacher was giving her.
“Blair? Blair!? Are you even listening?!” Teacher looked at her. Blair looked up hopefully, with a guilty smile.
“Blair, if you ever want to grow up, and be Artist, then you have to follow instruction.” Blair pouted.
“I don’t want to be Artist, or Teacher, or Cooker, or Birther, or Writer, or Doctor, or anything like that. I want to be Blair, the artist. It’s my dream.” She said, stars in her eyes. Teacher closed her eyes and rubbed her temples.
“Okay, let’s say that this ‘dream’ of yours to be Blair the artist can actually be accomplished. To accomplish this goal of yours, you need to paint what you see and not what’s in your imagination.” Teacher said. The fourteen year old girl nodded enthusiastically. Teacher was off her hands and led her back into the class room.
“Now, do what I told you. Paint what you see and not what’s in your imagination.” Tucking a piece of mousy brown-gray hair behind her wrinkled ear, Teacher replaced Blair’s canvas with a new one.
“Begin.” She instructed, moving around the room to look at each individual students work. Blair worked diligently, finishing her strawberry in perfect detail. Teacher nodded approvingly, and told her she could clean her supplies, and then moved on the help someone who needed it. But while Teacher wasn’t looking, Blair painted a tiny, tiny, heart at the bottom of her canvas, and when it dried she kissed her finger tips and brushed them slightly against the dried art.
“I’ll keep you my little secret.” She said, throwing a white cloth over her picture, and taking her brushes to the sink.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

Finding the End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the End   Finding the End EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 16:12

Chapter Three
Jayson led Leo towards the science room, where species of all sorts sat in cages. Eyes starred at the boys, just as they had Blair. Leo couldn’t see the eyes, but he felt them. They ran down his skin like a bead of sweat. Jayson smiled at each one of them, immune to hurt.
“Leo, were here.” Jay announced, sitting Leo in a chill metal chair. Leo smiled forward, fiddling with a loose string on his shirt. Jayson took a seat across from him, and pulled out a sketch pad and a pencil. He gave both to Leo, and then walked to the wall. Metal cages built into the steel held specimens, a male on one side, and a female on the other, separated by a plate of glass. The brunette boy opened up a cage timidly and removed a small creamy lizard with black spots. He handed it to Leo.
“Have you sketched this one?” Leo brushed his fingers lightly over the animal. Moving quickly, he flipped the worn pages of his sketch book quickly. Suddenly, he stopped; a picture in charcoals was drawn on the paper.
Leo stared blankly at the wall. “Is this one it?” A gecko, just like the one Jayson was holding was drawn beautifully on the paper.
Jayson swallowed, shocked. Even though he saw this every day, he couldn’t get over the things that Leo could do, even without his eye sight. “Yeah, it is. It’s exactly the same. How long did it take you to do this picture?” He asked.
“Thirteen minutes.” Leo said, his lips curved into a smile. “Lauren timed me.” Jayson huffed. It may not seem like it, since Leo was blind, but girls were always all over him. They felt like they needed to baby him or doctor him, or love him. But there was really only one girl Leo was after.
Jayson smiled. “That’s amazing. I can’t believe that you can make this in thirteen minutes, and I can’t draw a straight line in an hour.” He said, his green eyes looking down. Leo shrugged.
“I could get Maxine to help you out. You don’t need an art course for your wanted job do you?” He asked. Outside, people shuffled around, and Jayson shook his head no, pulling out a pencil to write down his observations about Leo, and the gecko he was holding.
“How about the butterflies, have you drawn them?” He asked. Leo suddenly turned towards Jay, like he could see him.
“I don’t ever want to know what butterflies look like.” He said seriously, turning to a fresh page in his book without hesitation. Jayson automatically felt guilty for asking when his mind flash backed to what Leo had said that morning when the friends had been playing.
“Okay, then how about a praying mantis, you can draw on of them?” The brunette asked him. Leo smiled, and Jayson returned the gecko to it\'s cage, and replaced his empty hand for one holding a praying mantis. He placed it in Leo’s hands and set the timer for him to get to work.
“Ready, go!” Leo started right away, scribbling on his paper, with the bug in one hand, and the other hand busy sketching. His clouded blue eyes starred off into space, at nothing.

Finding the End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the End   Finding the End Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding the End
Page 1 of 1