Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]   Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] EmptySun 31 Mar 2024 - 9:43

"Alright Blazepaw, hit me with your best shot! I want to see where you're at!" yowled Brackendawn, facing his apprentice. He had no clue how to best do this, but he figured if he gave Blazepaw control to attack him how he wanted to or, how he thought best, he'd be easily able to correct is mistakes. "Wait!" he added, realising he'd forgotten a crucial detail. "No claws, and be careful with your teeth. I will not be happy if I end up bleeding after this." Not happy was an understatement, especially given Brackendawn's history with blood. He did not need to be feinting in front of his apprentice, Honeydew would definitely revoke him as mentor if that happened. He needed to prove himself, besides he was mostly over the whole blood thing. Or at least that's what he told himself.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]   Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 20:12

BLAZEPAWi can't be who you need me to be
he/him - skyclan app. - 6 moons
Blazepaw nodded solemnly. He'd never hurt a Clanmate, anyway! The long-furred apprentice took a deep breath, trying to figure out the best course of action. He'd won countless play-fights in the nursery, but this was different - Brackendawn was so much bigger than his denmates had been back then. Still, determination glowed in those fiery eyes. I've got this.

"Ready?" Blazepaw asked, then waited a few heartbeats longer than he thought Brackendawn might expect. I'll surprise him for sure! The russet tom gathered his haunches beneath him, then leapt, his paws outstretched as he sailed through the air toward his mentor with a fierce yowl. Instead of landing on his back as planned, though, Blazepaw missed, sailing over the tom's form. Oops. Still, Brackendawn was turned in the opposite direction, and Blazepaw had free access to the warrior's legs. He launched his body forward with all of his strength, slamming heavily into his mentor's hind legs.  He's a lot bigger - but maybe I can knock him down!

Blazepaw used Headbutt, costing 5 SP and dealing 4 damage!

Brackendawn
36 HP (-4 HP) / 100 SP

Blazepaw
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

PostSubject: Re: Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]   Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] EmptyMon 8 Apr 2024 - 9:06

Blazepaw's attack was certainly unorthodox, and surprising... -ish. He hadn't expected him to leap so high, or to headbutt him, but once he'd caught the bundle of red fur charging at him in his peripheral he had guessed what was about to come. Brackendawn took the impact, paws sliding in the soft soil to keep him upright. Blazepaw certainly needed more work in his fighting moves than hunting. "That was definitely something!" he mewed, turning to face his apprentice "I liked the power, you just need to, uh..." he trailed off, fumbling for the words to explain what Blazepaw needed to correct. He found himself wishing for the guiding hand he'd lacked during his apprenticehood. He'd just known what to do, and he wasn't sure how to explain it to the younger cat before him.

He'd have to show him practically then, which he hadn't wanted to do.  The brindled tom crouched, tensing his muscles. "Your aim was a little wide, for accuracy... Imagine your opponent is a giant squirrel or bird or whatever your favourite piece of prey is. When hunting you have to be precise or you lose your catch, it is basically the same for fighting." Brackendawn sprang forward, pouncing gently on Blazepaw, before stepping back. His stomach flipped uneasily at having lunged at his own apprentice, but he needed to learn to defend himself. It was like the extra lessons he gave Honeydew when they were little, but more intense. She'd at least had Mistflower to fix his mistakes, but Blazepaw only had him.

Brackendawn used Jumping Strike on blazepaw! Dealing -8 Hp and costing -7 SP

Brackendawn

36/40 HP
93/100 SP (-7 SP)

Blazepaw

12/20 HP (-8 HP)
55/60 SP

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]   Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 22:01

BLAZEPAWi can't be who you need me to be
he/they - skyclan app. - 6 moons
Blazepaw's eyes narrowed before he nodded determinedly. Just like prey. He imagined Brackendawn as a giant squirrel for a second, and purred softly with amusement. That was a much easier way of thinking about it.

The older tom seemed nervous, but Blazepaw wasn't sure what there was to be nervous about. With claws sheathed, Brackendawn couldn't hurt him; and Blazepaw had been in enough play-fights to not hurt him. Not that he could, since battle was apparently more complicated than little nursery fights. The tabby fell to the ground for a second before Brackendawn hopped off - then Blazepaw sprang up, resiliently, having barely flinched. 

Part of him wished maybe Brackendawn wouldn't be so gentle or take it so easy on him - but he was sure he could spar with other apprentices if he wanted more intense practice. It was only his first session, he reminded himself.

Blazepaw studied Brackendawn for a moment - why did he seem so hesitant just to pounce? No, the young apprentice didn't like the idea of violence, but he wanted to be able to defend himself should push come to shove. I need to start with the basics. "The prey thing is really smart, I didn't think 'bout it like that!" He commented, smoothing down a tuft of fur. Hmm - how should he attack next? 

Just like he would go after a rabbit, he supposed. He got into a crouch and blinked, trying to judge the distance between him and his mentor. Then, the lithe red tom waggled his rump and pounced, landing square on the larger tom this time! "Gotcha!" Came his triumphant call, before he gently sank his teeth into Brackendawn's scruff, careful not to go any deeper than his thick fur. It was similar to how he might kill his prey - though never did he expect himself to be a more natural hunter than a fighter.

Blazepaw used Snap, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 SP!

Brackendawn
30 / 40 HP (-6 HP)
93 / 100 SP

Blazepaw
12 / 20 HP
48 / 60 SP (-7 SP)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]   Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Show me your claws!... I means paws! [c]
Page 1 of 1