Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Life is short and the world is wide (C)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Life is short and the world is wide (C) Empty
PostSubject: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyThu 14 Mar 2024 - 20:00

I promise that you'll never find another like me ♡

Featherpaw

Every moment that Featherpaw spent waiting felt like an eternity; she probably could've been born and died five times in the time it was taking her mentor to appear.  The creamy-furred she-cat paced around the apprentice den, batting at loose reeds and sticks with her delicate paws, occasionally looking up excitedly towards the warrior's den before her ears began drooping again and her loop continued.  She knew that she could be doing something productive with her early morning hours, like decorating her nest, or helping the elders, or even sleeping in but no.  She had barely even slept the night before in anticipation of this moment - her first patrol!

Technically this was also her first time out of camp, but no one needed to know that she had already reached that landmark.  The sun had bridged the horizon when she finally saw a flash of silver emerging from the warrior's den, and quickly sat down and began casually grooming her fur.  No, of course she hadn't been waiting since before the sun rose, she had just woken up like the rest of her peers.  Still, she couldn't help the quivers of pure joy that raced through her body, and the tip of her tail twitched endlessly as she waited for Willowisp's approach.

discord: rainyheart  | timezone: pst | code (c) kieer

Last edited by RainyHeart on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 19:35

Willowwisp

Willowwisp knew that her apprentice was excited to get going and learn all that she could; she hoped that Featherpaw would also learn to slow down and take things at a time. She carefully padded across the cold sand from the warrior’s den to the apprentice’s den. She spotted Featherpaw sitting at the entrance of the den, awake and ready. Willowwisp completed the distance to Featherpaw’s side and dipped her head in greeting. “Come. Keep quiet to not wake the others.”

She led Featherpaw out into the territory. There was much that Featherpaw had to learn, but Willowwisp figured the basics were most essentially. She headed towards some of the small pools that filled as leafbare neared its end. She spoke at a normal volume now that they were away from camp. “We will begin with fishing. Most of the river is still flooded, but our smaller pools can still find fish living there. Fish is the easiest to catch, and then I will teach you how to catch land prey another day.”

They arrived at the pools and Willowwisp settled in front of them. “To begin, you keep your claw up and at the ready. You watch for the glimmer of scales which means that the fish is close to the surface. Then you lash out, grabbing it with the tips of you claws as quickly as you can and pull it out of the water.” She gestured towards the small pool. “Go on and give it a try. Your instincts will teach you the rest.”
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • She/Her • 60 | 140 • #6abcde
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 21:12

Featherpaw

Featherpaw rose to her paws and greeted Willowwisp with a friendly purr, feathery tail lifted high above her head.  "Good morning Willowwisp!"  When her mentor replied to her to keep her voice down, however, Featherpaw winced a bit.  She wasn't talking that loud, was she?  She was just excited, her yelling voice was a lot louder than this!  She tried not to let it get her down though, and simply nodded as she followed the silver tabby she-cat out of camp.

Emerging from the camp entrance for the first time quickly swept away any negative feelings she had, and Featherpaw purred as she gazed around at her surroundings once more.  The late leaf-bare sun illuminated the river and its many pools, and small patches of snow dotted the ground.  The she-cat smiled as she recalled the shore that she and Elmpaw had played on, but now she would be going beyond that!  Featherpaw followed eagerly as the pair crossed the river and headed towards a group of pools.  Willowwisp stopped, and Featherpaw couldn't help her disappointment.  Was this as far as they were going today?  When her mentor brought up fishing practice though, Featherpaw's eyes brightened.  "Awesome, I've been dying to try real fishing!  Chasing minnows in the camp pond doesn't count."

Featherpaw half-listened to Willowwisp's instructions; she got the general concept of what to do, no need to explain something obvious.  The she-cat's crystal blue eyes scanned the smooth surface of the pool, waiting for a fish to show itself.  Luckily it didn't take too terribly long, and as soon as it dared to come close to the surface Featherpaw's forepaw flashed out, claws bared.  As she felt her paw connect with the fish's slimy scales she let out an excited cry and quickly flung the bluegill out of the pool, placing her paw on the stunned fish with a grin.  "I got it!  Didja see that?"  Leaning down Featherpaw grabbed the fish around the back of its head and bit down, feeling it go limp.  A swell of pride made her paws feel light as air; just wait until I tell Elmpaw and Creekpaw that I caught a fish my very first time hunting, they'll be so impressed!  Purring around her fish, Featherpaw shot her mentor a haughty look and meowed; "I'm already a fishing master!"

Last edited by RainyHeart on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 21:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 21:12

The member 'RainyHeart' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Life is short and the world is wide (C) Mistpe10
Life is short and the world is wide (C) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 18:22

Willowwisp

Willowwisp blinked. It seemed that her apprentice already had an inflated ego. Her first fish caught, in newleaf no less, and she as a master? Willowwisp did not let it bother her, although she was not going to simply let her apprentice continue on in such a manner. She would only find herself with a bad attitude in the future if no one corrected her. Willowwisp said to her, “I would not classify you as a master until you get more practice. Newleaf is a great time of year to learn and practice, though; fish are plentiful. We shall see how you fare in later seasons.”

She focused her gaze on the pool and reached in to grab at her own fish as they circled seemingly unbothered in the water.

Willowwisp successfully caught a fish! -3SP.

The fish came up with her claw with ease and she set it beside Featherpaw’s catch. She was about to say more to her about her apprentice’s technique when a shrill shriek sounded from the reeds surrounding them. Willowwisp looked to see a mink standing as viciously as it could manage across the water. She rose to her paws. “There will be times when your hunting draws the attention of a predator. You must be prepared for such time. I’m sorry that I could not get you proper training before your first battle.”

The mink shrieked again and ran around the pool to try and get at the fish they had claimed. Willowwisp moved protectively in front of Featherpaw and the mink lunged at her in turn, biting away at her ankle. Willowwisp winced at the pain of its teeth digging into her and she drew claws against it but it remained latched on.

“Use what you can to get the upper hand on it,” Willowwisp instructed Featherpaw through gritted teeth against the pain. “Pull on its tail perhaps. That may surprise it and give us an extra moment to attack.” And, hopefully, get it off of her.

Mink used Gripping Bite (1/2), dealing 7 damage and costing 15 SP. Willowwisp used Front Paw Strike, dealing 10 damage and costing 7 SP.

Mink
10/20 HP (-10)
120/135 SP (-15)

Willowwisp
53/60 HP (-7)
130/140 SP (-7)
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 18:28; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 18:22

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Life is short and the world is wide (C) Mistpe10
Life is short and the world is wide (C) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 20:28

Featherpaw

Featherpaw's ears drooped a bit at her mentor's response, placing her now dead fish on the ground to hide the way her mouth tightened into an annoyed grimace.  Geez, I was just trying to have fun. I didn't actually mean it...  Is she always this serious?  She resisted the urge to send back a snappy remark and instead watched as Willowwisp took her turn at the fishing pond.  Her mentor easily plucked a fish from the waters as well and put it beside Featherpaw's catch; the two plump creatures made her mouth water.  Surely it wouldn't hurt to have a little bite?  

Just as she was about to ask though a loud, shrill sound made the apprentice jump around, fur on end.  A strange skinny creature was approaching them from across the river, clearly with ill intentions.  Against her wishes, Featherpaw shuffled closer to Willowwisp as fear stole a few of her breaths.  The mink got closer and closer, and as Willowwisp stepped in front of Featherpaw to guard her from the angry animal the young she-cat growled deep in her throat.  "Okay, got it!"  Dashing around in front of her mentor she saw the mink latched onto Willowwisp's paw and quickly went for it's tail, grabbing it between her jaws.  She didn't like the sensation of fur and sinew moving between her teeth, but she bit down hard nonetheless and pulled with all her might, tasting the mink's blood in her mouth.

Featherpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina.  The Mink is stunned for 1 turn.

Featherpaw
20/20 HP
42/60 SP

Mink (Stunned)
3/20 HP
120/135 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyWed 3 Apr 2024 - 14:32

Willowwisp

Featherpaw acted swiftly and did exactly as she was told. The mink squeaked and released its jaws, having indeed gotten surprised and dizzy from the harsh tug on its tail. Willowwisp responded with a swift slam of her jaw down onto its head which crashed it into the sand and she felt a pop of its spine under her paws before it slumped and drew still.

Willowwisp used Front Paw Blow, dealing 7 damage and costing 5 SP. The mink is dead!

Mink (KO)
-4/20 HP (-7)
120/135 SP

Willowwisp
53/60 HP
125/140 SP (-5)

She released a breath now that the threat was dealt with and she licked at her paw to cleans the blood seeping from the shallow wounds. Willowwisp said to Featherpaw, “Very good. Thankfully a weasel such as that is not too horrid of a foe. I am sure you could take one down by yourself if you had to. You showed great initiative. Yanking at a foe’s tail, be them cat or predator, is always a good way to jolt them and give you a chance to get a second swipe in.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 20:09

Featherpaw

Featherpaw stood back and watched as her mentor quickly finished off the weasel, bouncing on her paws as she walked over to poke its body curiously.  Such a weird animal, it looked like something took a cat and stretched it out.  Its sharp little teeth poked out of it's maw, still red with Willowwisp's blood, but just because it was dangerous didn't mean that Featherpaw couldn't admire it.  Tilting her head, Featherpaw looked up at her mentor as questions began to roll from her mouth; "Can we eat it?  It doesn't smell that great, but I mean...oh, I bet Elmpaw would be super impressed if I took it back to camp!  Can we take it?  I want to lay it right outside the apprentice den so that everyone can see!"  She wasn't sure if her mentor would agree, but it was worth a try.  Most of all though, Featherpaw's heart swelled as she took in all that she had accomplished today; caught her first fish, helped kill a weasel, and had gotten to see outside of camp.  To think this was only just the beginning of her life as a warrior, she couldn't wait for more!

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptySun 14 Apr 2024 - 10:48

Willowwisp

Willowwisp looked down at the dead weasel and tilted her head. After a moment of consideration, she nodded. “The meat will not be as tasty as fish, but I am sure some will like it. The pelt can be good for lining nests as well. You can have it, if you would like. I think Egretswoop taught Dovetail how to skin pelts.” She did not care about Featherpaw wanting to impress the other apprentices, but it would be a good catch for the clan regardless. She added, “I do not know if predator meat stores well underground as well, so we may as well bring these back to camp. We will do a proper battle lesson tomorrow so you can learn how to fight without your own bloodshed on the line.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024 - 20:10

Featherpaw

Featherpaw's blue eyes lit up like the sun when Willowwisp allowed her to take the weasel, barely stopping her body from fully leaping into the air.  "Yes!  Thank you Willowwisp!"  Nuzzling her head against her mentor's shoulder, the little she-cat grabbed the weasel's scruff and began dragging it back toward camp.  Her shoulders heaved with the effort it took; maybe this wouldn't be as easy as she thought.

(ooc: we can end the topic here C:)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life is short and the world is wide (C)   Life is short and the world is wide (C) Empty

Back to top Go down

Life is short and the world is wide (C)
Page 1 of 1