Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

show me where my armor ends [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 194

show me where my armor ends [c] Empty
PostSubject: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 19:29

nightpaw
The tom stopped in the center of the clearing. His heart hammered in his chest. It was early evening, and everyone was settled in the middle of the camp, tucked into their fresh-kill with a friend or sibling by their side, chatting idly. Some were even sharing tongues - couples and kin curled up by their dens, purring and taking turns grooming each other gently.

His amber gaze darkened. Some innate fear - a deep terror he'd been born with - tore at him, settling in the pit of his stomach and weighing heavy in his chest. Where did he sit? Nightpaw had been so excited to find a frog near the bottom of the pile - his favorite! - but that rush of happiness had quickly dissipated as he tried to find somewhere to settle down. He flexed his claws. He wouldn't let tears well up in his eyes. But he was so sick of sitting alone. The apprentices didn't even seem to like him very much, much less the older warriors. Whoever this 'Night' character was that his mousebrained parents had named him after deserved his pelt torn off. It's not my fault, he thought, but nobody ever seemed to bother listening.

Nightpaw gave in, settling at the far end of camp near the exit, and tucked into his frog quietly.

6 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 18:42

Pineblossom

Pineblossom’s children were out doing a variety of things and so she did not have anyone to eat with for once. She did not mind; they were busy, having fun, or just needed time on their own. Pineblossom was more than used to time on her own.

She fetched some food from the kill pile and let her eyes wander to look for a place to sit. She spotted the dark apprentice seated not far away: the black cat with only the smallest spots of white, looking like Nightstalker reincarnated. He saw near the exit of camp, tucked in on himself and her heart squeezed. She had the briefest flash of herself in her mind’s eye when she would sit away from everyone else to eat. It was a lonely apprenticeship, and she longed for someone to have come to speak with her when she was that age. She wouldn’t let another apprentice feel that loneliness.

With her own kill in her jaw, she approached and set it down beside him. “Do you mind having company during your meal?” she asked as she settled down at Nightpaw’s side. “I’m afraid I have no one to eat with tonight.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 15:14

nightpaw
Nightpaw nearly jumped out of his skin when the older molly approached, her form so graceful he hadn't even heard her approach. His fern green eyes met her wise golden gaze with shock, widening as his pupils narrowed. Who is that? He didn't recognize her, but then he barely knew any of the warriors. He'd barely left the nursery before his apprentice ceremony, much less talked to any of the older cats. When even your fellow kit was scary...well, Nightpaw was hardly proud of himself for his cowardice.

She...seemed nice enough, though. Her gaze held little judgment and she blinked patiently, waiting for his answer. Company? Did he mind company? Certainly he minded sometimes, but he was so tired of being alone. He was so sick of always being the outcast. And if she had no one else - well, he couldn't deny her, could he?

"Um - sure, you can sit." He shifted a bit so she had room to settle in, glancing at her gratefully. Nightpaw took another small bite of his prey, chewing almost thoughtfully. What did he say now? A dull panic settled itself in his paws, burning beneath his fur. Did she expect conversation? Loneliness had gnawed at him for so long that he wasn't sure he knew how to talk to another cat. But he could feel the pity in her gaze as she looked at him, and he felt the need to prove himself. "I have tons of friends, by the way. They're just, um...they're all...out. On the - on the territory." The small tom mewed almost defensively, avoiding eye contact.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 11:31

Pineblossom

When she was given permission, Pineblossom took a seat and settled at Nightpaw’s side. Despite his appearance being similar to Nightstalker, it was clear from how he acted that their personalities were nothing alike. The closest Pineblossom ever got to seeing nerves from Nightstalker was in the midst of panic and mental spiraling. This Nightpaw was so quiet, so sweet…it made Pineblossom smile slightly. Hopefully that would help put him at ease.

She nodded to him. “It can be difficult when people are busy. I typically eat with my children, but they’ve been busy as of late. So I’m glad that you are alright with company.” She took a couple bites out of her prey and settled. She looked off, watching cats mill about around the camp. “I’m glad you have plenty of friends. I tended to keep by myself when I was your age. I often wished I had had people at my side when I was younger.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyWed 3 Apr 2024 - 18:52

nightpaw
Nightpaw let himself relax a bit. This cat didn't pose a threat to him - or at least, he thought she would've scoffed or laughed at him by now if she was going to. Her friendly smile only proved that she meant no harm. He relaxed his shoulders, the fur along his spine settling down.

He felt guilty at her next words, though. If what Pineblossom said was true, she'd been a lonely apprentice just like he was. Nightpaw looked down at his paws, his ear twitching. Why had he lied? To make himself seem less pathetic? Wasn't that worse? "I - I don't, actually. Have 'plenty of friends', I mean. Or even more than one. Nobody seems to like me very much." He admitted, hating how vulnerable he was making himself. But it was true - he had no siblings, distant parents, and his only friend was Hedgepaw. Funnily enough, he recognized the molly as her and Fernpaw's mother, which did make him a bit nervous. What if she told them how pathetic he was? But he powered through. "Who are your kits, anyway? I mean - you're Pineblossom, right? I like Hedgepaw and Fernpaw, they're good cats."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:28

Pineblossom

Nightpaw’s admission pained Pineblossom’s heart. She knew what it was like to be lonely at that age. She did not wish it upon anyone. That kind of loneliness can foster a darkness in one’s heart. She didn’t want that for Nightpaw.

He changed the subject swiftly and so she chose to not press the issue. Perhaps she could get Nightpaw to spend more time with her own children and he could get friends that way. It would be good for her kits too.

“There’s Hedgpaw and Fernpaw,” Pineblossom confirmed. “There is also Wolfpaw, who you may have seen around. Stagpaw and Bluekit too.” The latter two have been ill, though. Pineblossom tried not to think about what may happen with them if this illness continued. She swiftly pushed those hesitant thoughts away and focused on the conversation at hand. “I am sure they would love to spend time with you, Nightpaw. They can be a little skittish around new cats, but once they get to know you, I know you’ll get along splendidly with them.” Her eyes crinkled and she added, “Silverhawk is also my son. He is mentoring you, isn’t he? I hope that’s going well for you.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:58

nightpaw
He nodded, glad she didn't press the issue any further. He didn't want any pity, no matter how well-intentioned it might've been, so to be spared from that heavy gaze felt like a weight had lifted from his shoulders. "They're really cool. I can be skittish, too..." He trailed off, sure that was obvious. "I would love to be friends with them."

And then she mentioned that name. Silverhawk. She was Silverhawk's mom? A cat as kind and well-spoken as her? Nightpaw paused, letting himself think. He couldn't tell if he didn't like Silverhawk, or if the burly tom just made him nervous. But, truthfully, who didn't make him nervous? Perhaps his ill feelings toward his entire apprenticeship had just been misdirected toward his mentor. Pineblossom was so sweet... he couldn't tell her that he dreaded every training session. "It...is. Silverhawk really pushes me. He - he's a good warrior." Neutral statements, sure, but true. He was choosing his words carefully. But she'd proven she could be trusted. "Can I be honest?"

A heavy sigh escaped his lips. What he was about to say meant there was something fundamentally wrong with him. But maybe...maybe she'd been there, or she had some advice anyway. "I hate being an apprentice. I don't want to be a warrior. I feel like such a failure most days - I don't want to hunt, and I certainly don't want to fight." As soon as he started speaking, the words seemed to flood out of him. He frowned. "Is there something wrong with me? I feel - I feel like I just...want out." Nightpaw blinked at her anxiously.

NPC/NPC - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: show me where my armor ends [c]   show me where my armor ends [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

show me where my armor ends [c]
Page 1 of 1