Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll Keep You Safe [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 686

I'll Keep You Safe [C] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 13:18

Nectarflower

Nectarflower trotted out into the territory with Larchpaw at her heels. With everything that had been happening recently, particularly Leopardstar's visit, she needed to get out of the camp for a little while. And taking her apprentice out to train was the perfect opportunity to do just that. The tom had yet to receive any formal hunting training, but it was about time for that to change. She was glad they'd focused on battle training thus far, given the tension with ShadowClan, but he would need to know how to hunt too if he wanted to help provide for himself and the rest of WindClan.

Flicking her tail, Nectarflower gestured for the tortoiseshell tom to follow her. "Alright Larchpaw, it's time for me to teach you how to hunt. Keeping WindClan safe doesn't just mean using your claws to defend its borders - making sure everyone is fed is just as important." She meowed firmly. "Hungry warriors can't fight, after all." She added with a soft, almost rueful chuckle. Her mind went back to the plague of hunger and sickness only a few moons ago, and she shuddered. It had been brutal, living off of scraps because much of the clan was too ill to hunt.

Humming, she led the way to a well-known cluster of heather and settled down a fair distance away with the apprentice at her side. "Alright, there's a small rabbit warren here that would be perfect for you to test your skills on first. However, before we do that, show me your best attempt at a hunting crouch." Nectarflower eyed the young tom, her pelt prickling slightly. She could see the twoleg farm in the distance and even the thought of it made her nose crinkle. The farm dogs that lived there were vicious and bloodthirsty - she'd seen it with her own eyes when they descended and maimed some rogue several moons ago.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 17:09

Larchpaw didn't mind WindClan camp, the familiarity and structure--but he never truly felt alive like he did when he finally set paw onto the greater territory. The wind blowing in his fur, the endlessly open sky, the rolling moors all seemed so much more welcoming when he was out. He could just start running, and keep running, and see what was beyond that rise of ground and the next... but for now he wouldn't. He was on a hunting patrol, and that was good enough. With bright and eager eyes he turned to Nectarflower, listening to what she said. He'd managed to get one or two rabbits by luck on other patrols, but being taught actual techniques would help immensely. "Got it." When in the persona of an experienced mentor rather than an overbearing one looking after kits, she was far easier to get along with. He didn't mind her at all. Besides, she praised him nicely sometimes, and it always felt good to preen a little bit.

His best attempt at a hunting crouch...? All right. Easy enough. Larchpaw nodded, shaking out his flame-orange calico tabby fur. He lowered himself into a position closer to the ground, his ears slightly back in order to not poke above the grass. His legs were bunched up in order to start sprinting at a moment's notice. Not much sneaking could be done on WindClan territory, he knew, so most warriors had to get as close as they could and then outrun or outmaneuver the rabbits. No cowardly tactics like the other Clans used. He turned his head and blinked up at Nectarflower, looking for approval. Was this good enough? Was it what she'd been looking for?

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 22:18

Nectarflower

Nectarflower watched carefully as Larchpaw imitated a hunter's crouch. It wasn't bad by any means - he'd even picked up on some more subtle tactics she hadn't discovered until later in her apprenticeship. With a hum of approval, she stepped forward and adjusted his posture a little, then smiled. "That's good." She purred warmly. "It looks like you've already got a little practice in, though..." Quickly, she reached back and nudged his tail a smidge higher off of the ground. "Just remember not to let your tail get the better of you. Hunting is exciting, but even if the prey doesn't see or smell you, the slightest noise will send them running for their burrows."

The warrior grinned almost ruefully as she spoke. She'd sent her fair share of rabbits deep underground as an apprentice by getting too enthusiastic. Taking a step back, Nectarflower nodded once, then gestured for Larchpaw to relax. "Now, it's not very fun, but I'm going to explain how to hunt different kinds of prey. Catching rabbits is much different from catching mice, after all." Her voice was soft and calm as she spoke, happy to explain the intricacies of hunting once more. Not only was it good training for her apprentice, but it was always helpful to brush up on the information herself.

"See, Rabbits have very good hearing, but mice-" Suddenly, she stiffened, ears rotating suspiciously as the wind picked up. No, wait, that wasn't just wind. "Larchpaw, I need you to-" But before Nectarflower could finish her sentence, a series of rushed pawsteps cut through the silence. A red shape burst from the nearby cluster of heather and, without sparing a glance towards either cat, raced down the nearest slope and out of view. A fox? What in the name of StarClan had it been doing, though? Her silent question was answered, though, as the chillingly familiar scent of dog washed over them.

Nectarflower was already on her paws, claws extended, and hurried to Larchpaw, nudging him frantically. "Get up, we need to get away from here!" However, before they'd even had time to gather themselves, a dog was upon them. Yowling, Nectarflower arched her back, her teeth bared threateningly. The dog was furious though, and not the slightest bit concerned about two tiny cats. Thick fur bristling, it lunged for the smaller of the two, it's yellowed teeth glinting. 

Green eyes alight with panic, Nectarflower threw herself at the dog, latching onto its shoulder with her teeth and dragging her claws down its chest. The dog's dark eyes glittered with pain as her claws and teeth dug in and, attention now off of Larchpaw, it craned its neck, snapping at the warrior's exposed flank. Long teeth sank in just below her shoulder and, before she knew it, Nectarflower had been thrown to the ground. She hissed as pain bloomed beneath her skin and staggered to her paws, snarling at the dog which had already forgotten about its own fresh wounds. That was fine - she just needed to keep its attention off of Larchpaw.

Nectarflower used Swift Strike + Snap. -17 HP and -17SP.
The Dog used Iron Bite on Nectarflower. -22 HP and -30 SP.

Nectarflower: Moor Runner Active
(-22) 48/70 HP
(-17) 143/160 SP

Larchpaw: Moor Runner Active
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

Dog:
(-17) 83/100 HP
(-30) 170/200 SP

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 13:27

Larchpaw allowed Nectarflower to mess with his position a little bit--but the fact that she had only one major critique meant he was doing well, after all. His grin widened. It was partially from his full WindClan blood, and partially from mimicking the postures of other warriors he'd seen on the hunt. He was more of a natural than he thought. Wait until Pipitpaw hears about this! Obediently he flattened his poofy tail, trying to leave it straight above the ground. That would be the most difficult part, but once he got it in check, he'd be the best hunter in the Clan! He couldn't deny that the position wasn't the most comfortable to hold, though, so he was glad to relax. While Nectarflower continued, he listened and groomed one of his front paws. Her advice would be especially helpful if he wanted to try catching every type of prey, like he'd vowed to do during their first outing.

However, even he could sense that something was wrong when the fur along her spine began to prickle. He was fast enough to dodge out of the way, but the sheer size incoming dog blindsided Larchpaw completely. That's a dog?! He'd heard elders' tales before, but this--this was massive! And now it was fighting Nectarflower, and its enormous teeth were sinking into her shoulder. Adrenaline flooded his veins; his heart was pounding so loudly he could not even hear his mentor's words. He had to help! He had to do something? Should he run back to camp? No, he should stay and keep fighting the dog so it got distracted. With two opponents it would be easier to defeat. Just like you practiced. Calm down. It'll be fine. From behind the dog, the apprentice darted in, setting his teeth into the dog's tail and yanking at it hard. "Stay away from her! Leave us alone!"

Larchpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina. Dog is stunned for 1 turn.

Nectarflower: Moor Runner Active
48/70 HP
143/160 SP

20/20 HP
45/60 SP

Dog:
76/100 HP
170/200 SP

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptySun 31 Mar 2024 - 18:44

Nectarflower

Nectarflower's head snapped to Larchpaw as he threw himself recklessly at the massive dog, her eyes blown wide with horror. This was it - the dog would turn on him and sink its teeth into him and he would die. Just like Weaselfoot. Just like Goldengale, Finchspeckle, Rosepaw, and Ferntwist. The light would be snuffed from his eyes, and she would be left to pick up the pieces of herself as yet another cat left her life. Nectarflower lurched forward, her jaws open in a silent scream. This was it - he was done for. However, before the dog could turn and snap at him, Larchpaw latched down on the dog's tail and yanked hard, throwing the beast off balance. 

The tortoiseshell she-cat almost sobbed with relief. He was still alive. Her green eyes glinted as she fixed her attention on the dog as it stumbled, trying to regain its composure. This battle wasn't done, though. They still needed to drive the mangy creature away. With a snarl, she darted towards the dog, ignoring the pain radiating from her wound, and reared up, lashing out at the dog's face and neck with sharp claws. While it was distracted and in pain, she glanced over at Larchpaw, her expression intense. "Be careful Larchpaw! Let it focus on me, I can handle myself! And if I say run, I want you to run - it's not up for debate!" It wouldn't give up unless the made it, fighting was their only option right now.

Nectarflower used Front Paw Strike + Desperate Blows. -16 HP and -14SP.
The Dog is stunned. (Turn 1/1)

48/70 HP
(-14) 129/160 SP

Larchpaw: Moor Runner Active
20/20 HP
45/60 SP

Dog:
(-16) 50/100 HP
170/200 SP

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 11:50

For a moment--through the pounding adrenaline and rush of blood to his limbs--Larchpaw worried that Nectarflower would tell him to go again. But thankfully, when she saw how well he'd done to help, she ordered him to be careful, but still keep helping. He nodded, fierceness glowing in the gold of his eyes. While he was a swift runner, he was a good fighter, too. He would not leave his mentor here to fight alone while he ran for help. The somber intensity of her expression did not escape him, though, and he knew that this was not the time to argue or show off. He needed to focus and do his best. Thank goodness his move with the tail had worked well; the dog remained off-balance for now. He kept behind it for the moment, allowing Nectarflower to take the focus as she seemed so intent upon doing, but didn't let her out of his sight. In the meantime he reared up on his hind legs and took the opportunity in front of him, slashing out quickly with his claws to do as much damage as possible.

Larchpaw used Front Paw Strike + Swift Strike, dealing 11 (6+5) damage and costing 17 (10+7) stamina.

Nectarflower: Moor Runner Active
48/70 HP
129/160 SP

20/20 HP
28/60 SP

Dog:
39/100 HP
170/200 SP

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Keep You Safe [C]   I'll Keep You Safe [C] EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 16:01

Nectarflower

With a pained yelp, the dog stumbled to the side as blood flowed freely from his many wounds. His dark eyes shifted from the larger cat in front of him to the smaller one behind him, and he bared his fangs. These cats were far different from the ones that often trespassed on his farm. They were strong, fast, and much less fat. Even foxes were easier to kill - these creatures seemed to be one pawstep ahead at any given moment. He needed to escape, but they were blocking him in from both sides. Flashing his fangs, the dog leapt for the larger cat one last time and closed his jaws around her neck. He had to get her out of the way!

Claws sank into his skin as he bit down, but he ignored the sharp sting and thrashed his head once before he let go, sending the she-cat into the grass with a resounding thump. Frightened that she would get up again, or worse, that more cats would come, the dog raced away up the slope. He'd come back and then they'd really be sorry.

Nectarflower cried out in pain as the dog's sharp teeth sank into her flesh and instinctively dug her claws and teeth into the tender skin of its neck and throat. Firey pain radiated from her wounds as she sliced her claws down the dog's chest, but before she got a chance to free herself, the dog let go, sending her into the nearby undergrowth. She yowled as her wounded shoulder collided with the ground and as the thundering pawsteps of the dog retreated, tried to regain her breath - even as blood spilled from the gaping wounds in her throat.

It was hard to breathe...why was it hard to breathe? Hissing, Nectarflower tried to push herself to her paws, but as soon as she put weight on her injured leg, it buckled, giving out beneath her and forcing her back to the ground. How bad was it? Why couldn't she feel her leg anymore? With a groan, the tortoiseshell warrior lifted her head and tried to ignore the sudden wave of dizziness that washed over her. "L-Larch...Larchpaw? Where are you? Are you okay?" She wheezed weakly as blood pooled into her mouth and throat.

Nectarflower used Swift Strike + Snap. -17 HP and -17SP.
Dog used Iron Bite on Nectarflower and fled. -22 HP and -30 SP

(-22) 26/70 HP
(-17) 112/160 SP

Larchpaw: Moor Runner Active
20/20 HP
28/60 SP

Dog:
(-17) 32/100 HP
(-30 140/200 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content