Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

compare and contrast [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

compare and contrast [c] Empty
PostSubject: compare and contrast [c]   compare and contrast [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 19:03

The leader's den had fared better than most, given that it was always empty. Leopardstar used it for meetings, and little else: she slept with the warriors, or outside, or even in the elders' den during that brief period where Snowfoot still walked with the living. But not in the leader's den.

Still, that was the place she slipped into after all was said and done, with no intention of getting rest any time soon. Instead she sat patiently, in anticipation.

"And any second now..."

She waited for her second to show himself, gesturing for him to join her.

"I trust you left someone capable to watch over our guests?"

And then she waited for him to speak.

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: compare and contrast [c]   compare and contrast [c] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 8:12

The moment he had seen Leopardstar retreat into the leader's den, Sablestrike had taken it as an invitation for them to speak. He was quick to follow her into the den, only taking a few moments to stick one of the more senior warriors on guard duty. Just as expected, Leopardstar had been waiting for him in that dark den. "Of course, I'm not as trusting of those four." Sablestrike moved deeper into the den, placing himself in front of his leader as he continued. "Honestly, I can't believe you not only told them they could stay, but you offered them our camp!"

Sablestrike kept the volume of his voice low, but allowed for his feeling to melt into his words. The distrust, the confusion, the anger, all of it dripped from every single word. "I thought you were a smarter cat than that. They admitted to following us from as far as the lakes, and your first instinct was to invite them to our camp? Stars, I thought you had our best interests at heart, but here you are inviting four potentially dangerous cats into the heart of our camp! How can I trust you to make decisions for this clan when you're just as reckless as-" Me? Nightstalker? He didn't need to say anything. Leopardstar already knew what he wanted to say. "What did it gain us, a few extra paws? I'm going to have to assign warriors to keep watch over them at all hours of the day, since I'm pretty sure they're not nocturnal. We're going to lose just as many paws as we gained." Which was not something he had considered when agreeing to take in the strange rogues.

"There's one thing I really need to ask you, though. Does my opinion mean so little to you that you ask for it as an afterthought? We couldn't afford a few minutes to speak on the matter before you offered to let them stay?" Beyond his own feelings of betrayal, the thoughtlessness showed a lack of care for those she had sworn to protect. Finally finished for the moment, Sablestrike let his tail twitch restlessly behind him. He wasn't finished with her yet, but he would let her speak before piling on more.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

compare and contrast [c] Output12                   compare and contrast [c] Output10                          compare and contrast [c] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: compare and contrast [c]   compare and contrast [c] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 8:58

"Good. I don't want them wandering unsupervised."

Leopardstar waited for Sablestrike's rant to be over, listening and nodding slowly. She hadn't entirely considered that he would feel slighted by her decision, and she did feel a little bad about that, but this was about the well-being of ShadowClan more than any one cat's comfort. "Of course I value your opinions, Sablestrike. I wouldn't have appointed you if I didn't. But now allow me to explain my own perspective, so you might understand my decision: even just recently, we've lost several capable cats. Crowspirit, Burdockroot, Echomist, just to name a few..."

The pain she felt at her mate's name was obvious, she knew. She couldn't allow herself to grieve openly, not when she had the part of calm and collected leader to play; but it was salt in old wounds, how swiftly she had lost him just as their relationship had gotten better.

"And even more were injured. Now we're back in the forest, and our camp is in ruins. We must somehow split our miniscule numbers between hunting, border patrol, training our kits and apprentices, and rebuilding our home again. Here are four willing and capable cats, offering their assistance and their knowledge in return for temporary shelter--an offer that seems too good to be true."

She tilted her head, wondering if he was following her logic. Their perspectives were certainly different, and that was what she was relying on, but she wanted them to be able to understand one another. "Yes, I offered them shelter in our camp; surrounded by our own. Would you rather I give them free reign of the territory, where they could go and get injured or killed and blame us for it; and where we'd need to send one or two warriors off with them as guards regardless?"

The leader let her tail swish from side to side, sighing. "As it stands, if they can't adjust to our schedule, the day guards and one or two volunteers can watch over them during the day. They've given us a solid end date for their stay, so it won't inconvenience us for long--and if we're lucky, we'll be able to learn from them."

Turning them away hadn't been an option. "Chase them from our territory, and they may well seek shelter with one of the other Clans. If my desire to trust them is right, we have passed up valuable temporary allies; and if there is danger, I don't doubt that we will be the ones blamed for sending them along. So be wary. Be cautious. Be suspicious, and be guarded. I'm counting on that, because I must be friendly and welcoming. The best way to gather information, in my experience, is to get someone to trust you. It works far better than outright assault."

She looked him over, fairly confident that he wasn't quite finished. "The politics of leadership are rarely simple--Dark Forest knows that Nightstalker never explained much of anything. Remember, your place as deputy is to serve as second and advisor; but also to learn, because you may well be in my place someday. Suspicion and war are facts of life, but the pursuit of peace is a valuable one."

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: compare and contrast [c]   compare and contrast [c] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 16:50

The deputy's eyes rolled as Leopardstar started to speak. She said she valued his opinion, but when it came to action she didn't seem to interested in it. "I don't need you to name them, as if I'd forget any of their names." Or faces, for that matter. Each one of those cats was a member of Shadowclan he had let down in one way or another. Even if he and Burdockroot had never gotten along she was still one of his clanmates. Part of him still wished to see her waltz into camp alive and well, though those hopes weren't shared with the other two. For Crowspirit he had failed to track the rogues that had taken her life, and Echomist, well... There was nothing I could have done for him. Each of those cats never got to return home, neither alive nor dead.

Sablestrike kept himself quiet as the molly continued, listing off a rebuttal to ever point he had made. To her credit she did have a few good points he hadn't thought of, but she didn't completely quell his concerns. "We all just returned to the forest, Leopardstar. We wouldn't need to dedicate a full patrol for the borders, the other clan's camps are most likely just as damaged as ours. Two cats would suffice for that, and we've been managing just fine on food until now. Besides, we're back in our territory. Herb gathering is much easier when your medicine cat knows where to look, which means quicker recovery for those that are still sick." Their help really wasn't needed, at least not to him. "And don't say four, only three of them are capable. Do you really expect that pregnant one to do anything useful? She'll be stuck to the nursery for a while, sucking up resources."

"If it's too good to be true then it has to be. They followed us from as far as the lakes for star's sake! Whose to say they weren't just waiting for a moment that they could pop in and make themselves look good? Whose to say they weren't planning for something like this? It just all feels too convenient to me." Not that their help had been needed as Shadowclan's warriors had the situation under control, but it was clearly enough to sway Leopardstar to their side.

As for inviting them into Shadowclan's camp, Sablestrike couldn't refute that. If they were to house the rogues then sending them to a different plot of land on Shadowclan's territory was a terrible idea, at least this way they could keep an eye on them and lose less of their workforce. The only alternative would be to send them off towards a different clan, but Leopardstar didn't need to hear his opinion on that, it was already clear. "What would you like to learn from them? How to find good nesting places while on the run, or how to beg for Twoleg scraps? I fail to see what those four could teach us."

"Don't worry though, you've taught me a lot. Without you I never would have known to invite strangers to our camp." Sablestrike sighed. He didn't want to be stuck on this subject for long. Leopardstar had already made her choice, and he had agreed to keeping them in the camp. They couldn't just kick the rogues out now, that would invite their wrath. "Without you, I wouldn't know to throw myself head-first into certain death, either." The tom's intensity picked up once more. He had refrained from speaking to her about her recklessness at the lakes while Leopardstar was healing, but now that they were home... "What exactly was your plan, Leopardstar? Echomist sacrificed himself to allow all of us to get away unscathed, but you tossed one of your lives aside in an attempt to squander the chance he gave us." He understood why, stars if he were ever in the same position Sablestrike knew he'd do the same, but he also wasn't Shadowclan's leader yet.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

compare and contrast [c] Output12                   compare and contrast [c] Output10                          compare and contrast [c] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: compare and contrast [c]   compare and contrast [c] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 20:53

Leopardstar sighed, recognizing that she'd done quite a bit of that lately. It was simply her default reaction to most situations, it seemed; as the stars or whatever power even they couldn't imagine seemed intent on tormenting ShadowClan as a whole.

"Sometimes, Sablestrike, good things happen. It's hard to believe in, when the stars seem to only send us pain and suffering, but that is not all there is. I am choosing to believe this is one of those rare good things, because we are long overdue for something that doesn't end in grief and disaster."

The leader offered a small smile. "If I am wrong, we will persist despite it; and if I am right, we will thrive. I'm not asking you not to be suspicious. I'm counting on your suspicion--it allows me the space to offer optimism and kindness, and know that should anyone take a single step out of line they will not escape unscathed."

She narrowed her eyes. "For the moment, I will defer to your judgment on the borders; but should any trouble arise, I expect you to come directly to me. I doubt the other Clans are faring any worse than us, and they have numbers we can't contend with. That, however, does not mitigate the other concerns. We simply don't have enough cats to handle everything that needs done."

Her tail curled around her side. "They followed us undetected, until they chose to reveal themselves. Even our own skill in stealth can't match that. There is something to be learned from every cat, be they friend or foe; and I have every intention of learning all that I can from our guests."

His last topic caused her to swallow a low growl. Rage did nothing but invite more conflict, and she needed to find common ground between them...

Somehow.

"Yes, I threw myself into battle beside him; even knowing it was a fight we couldn't win. My plan was that I trusted you to lead the rest of ShadowClan to safety, and so I fought to defend my Clan--to defend my mate, who I had only just reconciled with. Would you stand and watch your loved ones throw themselves to their deaths, or would you stand beside them?"

She spoke softly, considering those possibilities. They were too realistic to dwell on for long.

"My duty, my loyalty, is to ShadowClan, but my heart belongs to Echomist; belongs to my family, even now. Were it Badgermask or Heatherberry who had leapt first, I would have done the same. I would have laid down every life for their sake."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: compare and contrast [c]   compare and contrast [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

compare and contrast [c]
Page 1 of 1