Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

For your own good (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

For your own good (closed) Empty
PostSubject: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 11:31 am

Beckoning the molly to follow, Sablestrike lead the way into the medicine den. He had hoped the wound would start doing better once Shadowclan had returned to camp, and while only a few days had passed since their return it seemed the wound had only gotten worse. It was disconcerting to see the warrior forced to hobble around, requiring the assistance of another warrior just to get around camp. He hated even thinking about it, but if the wound was giving her that much trouble then he would have to think of alternatives for the molly. Not all of those were great, and all of them were likely to upset her further, but they may be necessary.

"Sit." The tom commanded, tail pointing towards a nest that reeked with Tawnyshadow's scent. He didn't give the molly any room to deny him, the stern gaze resting on Tawnyshadow telling her that he'd force her to obey if necessary. "I apologize for sending just the two of you to deal with that mutt. I knew you were a capable warrior, and I know how brutal Quillsplash is in a fight, so I thought the two of you could handle yourselves. It was foolish on my part." No matter the amount of combat potential the two had sending only two cats to deal with a predator was just asking for trouble. He was responsible for the festering wound on the molly's shoulder. "That being said, I've noticed the way you've been moving lately. Quillsplash isn't your personal attendant, and I'd like for you to stop treating him as such." Quillsplash would be needed with other projects around camp.

Turning to face a large molly, Sablestrike called over his medicine cat. "Heatherberry, I'm in need of your services." It was still too soon to make a definite decision in regards to what he should do with Tawnyshadow. He didn't want to make any brash decisions without knowing what limitations the she-cat had, and he wasn't well-verse enough in medicine (or at all really) to tell what was wrong with her.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

For your own good (closed) Output12                   For your own good (closed) Output10                          For your own good (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4487

PostSubject: Re: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 10:31 pm

Ears perked at the familiar stern tone of ShadowClan's deputy, turning her head towards the dens entrance only to be met with darkness. Right. The other side. Readjusting herself, she caught two forms entering: Sablestrike and Tawnyshadow. A brow quirked as he forced her to lay in one of the patient nests. Hadn't she already been here before? Eye narrowed as she examined Tawnyshadow before looking to Sablestrike.

"Heatherberry, I'm in need of your services."

"It looks more like Tawnyshadow is in need." A lighthearted quip was returned, once again eyeing the molly. "As much as I adore you, I don't enjoy seeing the same patients this often... What's going on? Show me." Her fluffy black tail whipped behind her anxiously, stamping her front paw a few times to show urgency. Now would not be the time to deny Heatherberry; the molly was seen as a friend, and she cared greatly for her friends.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

For your own good (closed) JGgdMsS For your own good (closed) JGg3TFt For your own good (closed) J0ieN9e For your own good (closed) JGg3GK7 For your own good (closed) JGg2WjR

For your own good (closed) JcTsSP1  For your own good (closed) JcnAVnI For your own good (closed) Grub_f10For your own good (closed) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 9:55 pm

perfection is found in accepting your imperfections

OOC: excuse my spelling, all my brainjuice was used for an exam this morning

This talk was long overdue. Anyone with eyes could see that her wound was getting in the way of nearly anything she tried to do, and she'd even notice that her duties had seemed less stressful as of late. As much as she hated it, she was grateful for the relief. Tawnyshadow was one of the first to admit that she wasn't as capable as she was before, with the sickness and then the infected wound so close to each other her body only seemed to grow weaker by the day. That didn't make Sablestrike's words sting any less. Personal attendant. The words made her pride, already bruised and broken, flare up once more in a pathetic show of self-defence. "I apologise for accepting help offered but a kind clanmate," though her words remained polite, her voice was laced with a layer of sarcasm and accusation. It wasn't like she had asked Quillsplash to help her around; the tom was just a much kinder cat than Sablestrike could ever be, and far more understanding.

Her anger had not disappated by the time Heatherberry spoke up, and though her irritation still showed in the flicks of her tail, the warrior managed to soften her gaze as she spoke to the medicine cat. "It's that wound again. I think the infection's getting worse, but now that we're back in ShadowClan territory the herbs neccessary to heal it must be far more accessible than in the mountains, right? I'll be fine," She echoed her own thoughts, stretching out her front paw to show the sour wound on her shoulder. Surely, this was simply a small hiccup, and she'd be back on regular duties in no time.

Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

PostSubject: Re: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 7:12 pm

Sablestrike rolled his eyes at the molly's response, restraining himself from turning this into an argument. Even if Quillsplash had offered his help, he was needed elsewhere in camp. There was no use in having him assist a molly around camp when it would be better for her to be resting. Letting out a tiny chuckle at the medicine cat's quip, Sablestrike turned his full attention to her. "I'm no medicine cat, but it looks pretty bad to me. I'd like your opinion on what we should do with her." Stars, he hoped Heatherberry would prescribe something simple like a moon of resting in the medicine den, but given how much worse the wound seemed Sablestrike was already thinking of alternatives.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

For your own good (closed) Output12                   For your own good (closed) Output10                          For your own good (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4487

PostSubject: Re: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 pm

Silence fell over the den as she hushed the both of them, eye scanning the wound from all angles. She hummed in disapproval. The wound was healing, that was for sure. But it was not healing correctly: the scar bulged at an awkward angle, its color a bright red and hot to the touch. She looked up to meet Tawnyshadow's eyes. "I will need to reopen and drain the wound for a better look. It will hurt, but I need to see something."

She turned away to grab cobwebs and sticks, along with a bundle of dock and dandelion for the pain this would cause. "Chew these and swallow; they will help with the pain. And bite down on this stick." A few moments passed as she waited for the herbs to take some effect, though they wouldn't be enough to fully take away the pain she was about to inflict.

A single overgrown claw was all it took to reopen the soft flesh around the festering wound, allowing for it to breathe freely for the first time in moons. It reeked, but Heatherberry showed no signs of it bothering her as she leaned in to blot away the blood and puss. There it was: scar tissue already forming where it never should have. She sighed. If they had had the herbs to spare when this had all happened, Tawnyshadow would have stood a chance. Sure, the scar could be cut open once more to try and get it to heal properly, but with it so close to anything vital... That was not an option. "...I'm afraid there is nothing I can do for you." Wrapping the wound in chewed mess of alder bark and cobwebs, she took a step back to finally look at Sablestrike. "The infection will go away with treatment, but Tawnyshadow will never walk the same again. You asked for my opinion... My opinion would be to retire." Her voice was firm and professional, but her expression gave away her sorrow.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

For your own good (closed) JGgdMsS For your own good (closed) JGg3TFt For your own good (closed) J0ieN9e For your own good (closed) JGg3GK7 For your own good (closed) JGg2WjR

For your own good (closed) JcTsSP1  For your own good (closed) JcnAVnI For your own good (closed) Grub_f10For your own good (closed) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 7:43 am

perfection is found in accepting your imperfections

She did everything she was told. She always had, to some extend, even when it seemed like she was going against everyone. She followed the rules. She kept to order. She did her best at every given task. So why, why, was this still how things turned out? Tawnyshadow did not register the words at first, still too busy wincing from the pain that came with the medicine cat's prodding, but when they finally did, it seemed like the pain had vanished. In fact, the ground had vanished below her as well. She was suspended, too in shock to comprehend anything. "I'm afraid there is nothing I can do for you." But you're the medicine cat, she wanted to protest, you're supposed to do something about my wound. Burdockroot taught you how to deal with infected wounds, did she not? "Tawnyshadow will never walk the same again." But why not? You just said that you could heal the infection, and my bones are perfectly fine, so what's the problem? I can rest if needed. "My opinion would be to retire." No. No, no, no, there must be some kind of mistake. She was still fine. It- it was just a wound, for StarClan's sake! She was stronger than this- she had to be stronger than this. Heatherberry must be tired, or she wouldn't make such an assumption. She still had seasons left in her to serve her Clan! Tawnyshadow was young- well, not as young as she used to be, but there were far older warriors in the Clan that weren't even close to retirement. Just look at Sablestrike! He was a warrior when she was born, how could she retire before that reckless, big-headed fox-heart?

But Tawnyshadow was a logical cat. Emotions rarely clouded her judgement, and unfortunately the same applied for her in this moment. Heatherberry was a trained medicine cat, and such a decision would not be made easily. Plus, that "wound" had been bothering her the entire journey. It didn't take a genius to guess that it would affect her a lot more than an ordinary wound, though all the same she had never expected this to be the outcome. In one last desperate attempt to find this to be a mistake, her gaze searched her medicine cat's, but the sorrow there sealed the new reality: she was going to be eldered. The thought made her heart fall to her paws, and the she-cat suddenly wanted nothing more than to curl up and cry. She was going to be useless.

Tawnyshadow remained silent, head facing her paws while the medicine cat and deputy discussed her fate.

PostSubject: Re: For your own good (closed)   For your own good (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

For your own good (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: ShadowClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: