Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024, 12:55 am

Smokepetal weaved slowly through the nests filled with still-recovering cats, methodically assessing each of the slumbering warriors and apprentices as she moved. Thanks to the last medicine cat meeting, and WindClan's trade, they'd managed to heal the most severely ill cats... and since no one was uncomfortably close to StarClan's border anymore, the atmosphere in the den was significantly more peaceful. Though they were still short some of the herbs to make the full cure for everyone, what they had left over was enough to at least ease most of their symptoms, and ensure at the very least, that no more lives would be claimed by this illness... the rat fever.

Nothing needed her attention, thankfully, so the molly padded quietly to Thymepaw's nest, gazing down at the apprentice with soft, affectionate eyes. It seemed just yesterday that StarClan sent her that dream... and in between then and now she'd had the pleasure of watching not one but two apprentices grow before her eyes, from soft, young kits into sleek, impressive adults. Medicine cats that were as skilled as any warrior, just... in the opposite craft. It was not their job to harm, but to heal, and despite the strange circumstances surrounding their apprenticeships, both of them had learned that lesson well. Thymepaw was especially skilled in nestside mannerisms, she was kind, and gentle, and compassionate... everything that a medicine cat should be. Smokepetal had never wanted to be a mother, and never would, but if the affection she felt for the two of them was anything like motherhood, she now understood why some queens did.

"Thymepaw, wake up, dear."

Her duty as mentor - to teach them everything she could - had been accomplished. She had no more to teach, no more wisdom to impart. Smokepetal would always be there for them, would always guide them when they needed her, but their training was complete. They were ready. And tonight's ceremony would cement Thymepaw as a full-fledged medicine cat. Smokepetal would speak the words to Thymepaw that Wolfblossom had spoken to her. She was nervous, but beyond that, she was excited, and she was so, so very proud.

"I'll be just outside." She whispered, and then backed out of the den and found a snow-free place to rest with her tail curled around her paws.
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 983

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptySat 13 Jan 2024, 1:10 am

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thymepaw
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Thymepaw quietly stirred in her nest once she heard Smokepetal's voice in her ears. It was difficult to be excited for her ceremony at a time like this. There had once been a time in her life when she had wanted nothing but a name like all of the older cats of SkyClan. She had been brought into the Clan as Thyme, just Thyme and nothing else, and had been taught by the queens about the importance of a name in Clan culture. A name was all anyone wanted... for some cats it was all they had. For Thymepaw, it was a way for her to feel like she belonged. It was a way for her to convince herself during times of strife that she was a SkyClan cat through and through, but the rational part of her knew that her bloodline would always belong to a world outside of the Clans. She was an outsider.

Was she overcompensating to make up for what she wasn't? She was a medicine cat, she was a friend, she was a niece. She helped out wherever she could, she always tried to keep on a smile, and she was raised to look for the beauty and the hope in everything and everyone. She spread her ideals with the rest of SkyClan because she wanted to, and yet her brain still found ways to convince her that it would never be enough. The forest would never recognize her as a Clan cat, and SkyClan would never see her as a true Clanmate no matter how hard she tried. Acceptance and love were all that Thymepaw really wanted, so she supposed that giving that to every other cat that she met was a better option than simply giving up.

Now, her dreams of receiving a full name her finally coming true, and yet she didn't feel the satisfaction that she thought she would moons ago. The apprentice managed to put on a soft smile as she padded out of the den to meet Smokepetal inside the camp.
"I'm ready." She stated, wondering if her uncertainty was showing through.
She had always strongly believed that warriors hid their emotions too much. There was such an emphasis in Clan culture placed on being strong and unmovable that many cats never took the time to process how they were feeling. There were too many bottled up emotions throughout the forest, and that somehow ended up being the root of many problems that the Clans faced. But here she was... hiding how she truly felt. Thymepaw understood why they did it now. Being vulnerable wasn't easy. It wasn't a matter of whether or not she trusted Smokepetal, because she trusted her mentor more than many of her other Clanmates, but it was a matter of her not truly knowing what was going on within herself.
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptySun 14 Jan 2024, 4:40 pm

Thymepaw didn't take long to join her, and Smokepetal gave the she-cat a warm smile in return. "It's cold out there," she said, fluffing out her coat against the chill. "But we aren't going far, don't worry." Flicking her tail against the apprentice's haunch, the smoky tabby led her companion through the tunnel and into the trees.

A light snow had started to fall again, but by now it was the norm, and she hardly noticed. Together, they went south from camp, until the shape of a massive fallen tree loomed ahead of them. "I found this a while ago, looking for herbs, and thought it would work well for this," she told Thymepaw. "Here, follow me." She squeezed beneath a snarl of roots and emerged into the small cavern, turning to help her apprentice through if she needed it. Moonlight streamed in through several holes in the "roof" of the space, but it was warm and sheltered in here, at least.

"It's no Moonstone," she said, a hint of sorrow in her voice. "But it will do." Grey-green eyes met Thymepaw's, and she dipped her head. "I know you weren't born to SkyClan as I was, or as Bearpaw was, but... you're every bit SkyClan as the rest of us, I hope you know that. You've done us well these past moons, Thymepaw... I'm not sure we could have made it this far without you. I am very proud of you."
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024, 4:04 pm

thymepaw
Thymepaw obediently followed after her mentor, taking note of every tree and bush they passed. She passed the time by counting the snowflakes that fell upon her nose and seeing how quick it took for them to melt. She had always admired the changing of the seasons, and how Greenleaf, Leaf-fall, and Leafbare all differed from each other in such incredible ways. She had not yet been alive to experience the nature of Newleaf, but she was sure it was just as captivating.

When they eventually arrived at their destination, the apprentice had no time to stare at the fallen tree in wonder. She pulled herself out of the involuntary trance before ducking in behind Smokepetal and twisting through the darkness before letting out a slight gasp once they emerged into the slightly moonlit cavern. Thymepaw had no way of comparing these sights to the Moonstone, considering she had never seen it before, but this hollow was a wonder in itself.
“It’s beautiful…” She breathed out in an attempt to reassure her mentor that she was not disappointed.
As she listened to the she-cat’s words, Thymepaw felt the heaviness on her heart begin to lighten.

She was… important? The bi-colored molly wasn’t sure how to react to those words. She had never heard them before, but they sounded delightful to her ears. Surely she would always have her doubts and insecurities, but to hear such words of encouragement managed to put a smile on her maw. “Thank you so much, Ms. Smokepetal. It really has been an honor training under you.” She said with a slow and earnest blink. “Truth be told, I’m still not quite sure why I was one of the cats chosen to be a medicine cat, but I feel very lucky. I’m just glad that I’m able to help everyone.”

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm

The other she-cat's words were kind in return, and Smokepetal felt her ears warm at the praise, despite it having come from her own apprentice. "You were a treasure to instruct, Thymepaw." She wasn't exaggerating in the least, either... Smokepetal had never been one to prioritize blood over character. She was adopted, and so was her brother, Foxtrot. Their mother had seen past blood, too, enough to love kits that could never carry on her legacy in anything other than name.

"I know how difficult it can be to feel different from the other cats," she said softly. "And I know that some cats hold a bit more of an emphasis on being clan born than others do." SkyClan, in particular, was guilty of this, Smokepetal was no stranger to that truth. "But the truth is... SkyClan has had leaders who never had a drop of SkyClan blood... leaders who shared blood with rogues and kittypets and cats from other clans." She looked at Thymepaw, voice level and serious as she continued. "I'm telling you here, though... it doesn't matter."

She twined her tail with Thymepaw's. "StarClan chose you. And they chose you not for your blood, not for your past, and not out of luck... but because you were the best cat for the job. StarClan believes in you... I believe in you. We can't both be wrong, right?"

Kneading her paws against the ground, Smokepetal inclined her head towards the nest she'd made, lined with moss and vines and a few feathers. "If you have questions for StarClan... this is your chance. But we've got to get through the fun stuff, first. So. I, Smokepetal, Medicine Cat of Skyclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help, she will serve her clan for many moons to come. Thymepaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clan and clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptyTue 16 Jan 2024, 12:06 am

thymepaw
For a Clan that seemed to despise outsiders so much, it was fascinating to hear just how much untraditional history SkyClan had. It made her feel the slightest bit better to know that she wasn't the only one to face this, and wouldn't be the last. Clan life had been rough, but it had blessed her with a multitude of friends and mentors that had become the closest thing to family to her. If she had been kept with her mother to live her days away from the Clans, then her life would've been far different than it was now. She always needed something to be grateful for. She believed it was always important to focus on the good things that she had instead of letting her mind worry about anything negative.

Smokepetal was right. Both she and StarClan couldn't be wrong. Perhaps Thymepaw needed to give herself more credit. There was a fine line between humility and vanity, and the apprentice wanted to be proud of her accomplishments without overdoing it. She had completely switched from being a warrior apprentice to a medicine cat apprentice right in the middle of her training, and had picked up the meanings and appearances of herbs and healing methods quicker than she had learned any old battle tactics. This was the path that she was meant to take.

"I do." She mewed quietly, yet there was still a clear sense of strength and honesty behind her words.
The name that she had been awaiting all her life was finally about to be bestowed upon her, and she may not have been excited at the beginning of the trip, but she was certainly starting to feel the elation now.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  EmptyTue 16 Jan 2024, 12:43 am

Smokepetal's smile never wavered as Thymepaw gave her response, and she ducked her head. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Thymelight, SkyClan honors you for your service in our darkest hour, and I honor you for your unwavering dedication to our clan, your clan. From this moment forward, you will be full medicine cat of SkyClan... may your service be peaceful and without strife." She touched the newly named Thymelight's forehead with her nose. "Sleep, now, and converse with StarClan. I will be here when you wake."

Sinking down on to her belly, Smokepetal curled her tail around herself and settled in to wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony  Empty

Back to top Go down

Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1