Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Losing Light (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

Losing Light (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Sablestrike stared blankly at his sister as she spoke with the tom he knew to be her mate, and for once he felt nothing. Perhaps it was the fatigue keeping his mind dull, or the chill that never seemed to leave his pelt, but he just couldn't feel the anger towards her that had been so strong just days before. No, it wasn't that he wasn't feeling anything at all, it was more like he was feeling things he wished he wasn't.

There was something he was putting off. Time and time again he had resolved himself to speaking with Leopardstar about Lighttail's treachery and time after time he had allowed himself to stay silent. It wasn't really a pressing matter but now that all the clans were together it seemed like something that needed to be said. Sablestrike padded toward Leopardstar, his expression remaining blank as he spoke. "I've got something important I need to speak with you about. It's about Lighttail."

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Losing Light (closed) Output12                   Losing Light (closed) Output10                          Losing Light (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 1:39 pm

Leopardstar had stretched herself out in a shaded spot as the Clans settled for the night, grateful that she'd always kept an erratic sleep schedule (meaning that adapting to the daywalkers' schedule wasn't quite as difficult as it might have been for some of her Clanmates). She coughed lightly, meant less in response to Sablestrike and more because she hadn't been able to consistently stop coughing for the past few hours. She offered him a smile, as reassurance that it hadn't been directed at him. "I've got time."

She was hoping a full night's sleep, assuming she managed it, would help her feel a bit better the next day. Honeylight would be proud, or at least she hoped he would; she was sure that if he were still here he would have dragged her to sleep several days before.

As it was, Sablestrike seeking her out wasn't uncommon--it was part of their collective responsibility as leader and deputy, that they communicate with one another--but his choice of words was unexpected and somewhat confusing. "Lighttail? What about Lighttail?"

Lighttail was her cousin, and Sablestrike's sister, and she was a capable and respectable warrior who Leopardstar couldn't really find much reason to complain about. Truthfully, it was difficult to complain much about most of her warriors when they numbered so few, but she'd always though highly of Lighttail--not just because of their family ties, but simply because she'd had no reason not to.

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptyFri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 am

Sablestrike drew in a deep breath. Lighttail had come to him moons ago to confess her code breaking, but he had also played a part in keeping her secret this long. It was possible Leopardstar would be upset with him for holding it in this long, but if that was how things ended up then so be it.

"A couple of moons ago Lighttail came to speak with me. It turns out that Skyclan cat that was staying in our medicine den for so long is an old gathering buddy of hers." Sablestrike's gaze darted toward the pair as he spoke. "Lighttail told me that she's taken him as a mate. She's planning on leaving Shadowclan for him too." He wasn't quite sure when that would happen considering her first timeframe was after their mother had gotten well. That hadn't happened of course. There was nothing keeping her rooted to Shadowclan, yet she hadn't decided to leave. Maybe something was preventing her from moving to Skyclan? Good stars, he really hoped that wasn't true.

Lowering his head the tom added, "I'm sorry for keeping this from you for so long. I've been looking for a right time to tell you about this but it never seemed to come, and now, well..." It still wasn't the right time but if he waited any longer it may be too late, if it wasn't already. For all he knew Lighttail could have already talked Birdstar into letting her return with Skyclan to the forest.

MORE ART!!:

Losing Light (closed) Output12                   Losing Light (closed) Output10                          Losing Light (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 1:36 am

Whatever she'd expected Sablestrike to say, it wasn't what he actually said. The SkyClan cat that had stayed in their medicine den... That had been quite some time ago, hadn't it? Before she was ShadowClan's leader, and even before Nightstalker's reputation had fallen so severely. How long had this been happening? When did it start?

From a practical standpoint, Sablestrike had willingly withheld information from her. But she remembered her own sister, and she let herself consider--if it were Vixenpaw, would she have said something? Probably not. "...I can't fault you for not wanting to lose your sister," she said eventually. "Still, I'm glad you told me. I wouldn't have liked to be entirely blindsided by it."

Lighttail planned on leaving ShadowClan. That burned, somewhere in her chest; they'd never been close, not even in the way that she'd sort-of bonded with Sablestrike, but her presence was familiar and she had been a trusted warrior.

"We can't very well force her to stay, if they're willing to take her," she decided. "But there will be consequences. That she kept it a secret so long instead of telling me herself is a breach of trust. That said, I'm not the sole decision-maker--what are your thoughts on the situation?"

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 4:00 pm

Anger flashed across the tom's face as Leopardstar uttered the word "sister". Lighttail had made it clear that she no longer saw him as a brother, but that was just fine with him! He didn't need someone so untrustworthy in his life let alone his clan. "That's not why I kept this from you. Lighttail and I got into a fight when she told me. I'll spare you the details but it ended in us deciding we were no longer family." He... He had no idea why exactly he was telling Leopardstar any of that. "What I mean to say is that Lighttail is just an ordinary cat to me now. No part of our previous bond played any part in my decision."

Sablestrike was losing the battle over his emotions. Where he had once been "composed" the tom now let annoyance show on his face and let his tail lash wildly behind him. Everything about his talk with Lighttail moons ago still bothered the tom, and whatever it was she was making him feel made him want to shout, claw, rage!

The tom's emotions simmered slightly as Leopardstar began speaking again. Kick her out, leave her with the rats that want to take her. And if they don't want her? Let her fend for herself. Sablestrike cleared his throat. As much as he wanted to say all of that he just couldn't, not in front of his leader anyway. "I don't like it at all. There's no telling how long this little love affair of theirs has been going on, or how loyal she still remains to Shadowclan. At the very least we should remove her as our scout and look for a replacement." As for a real punishment, he was unsure on that too. He didn't trust her with elder duty or looking after Shadowclan's kits. How did you even discipline someone that was already looking to leave Shadowclan? "If her allegiance is swayed so easily by such a simple tom then I don't think I can trust her to continue as she is. I say we formally remove her from Shadowclan. If she's already planning to move then we're doing her a favor by speeding up the process, and if she's not allowed to join Skyclan then we'll be free of her either way." Cold. Sablestrike couldn't keep his words from coming out cold, maybe that had something to do with the weather?

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 7:45 am

"I see." Leopardstar paused, unsure of how to address all of that, as an earlier conversation they'd had resurfaced in her memories. "Is that where your sudden disdain for SkyClan came from? It did feel like a recent development."

The leader closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. "Well, Silverhawk did also volunteer; so at least we're not entirely at a loss. That said, if you don't think you can remain impartial--and given your words just now, I have my doubts; though your concern isn't entirely unfounded--I'll speak to Lighttail alone. She may want to leave us, but I want to ensure she understands the level of consequence she's asking for."

Leopardstar believed in solidarity within ShadowClan; and while she had a hard time wishing ill on a cat she cared for, she had a responsibility to her Clan's safety as well as standards of loyalty to maintain. "Understand that while our trust in her is broken, I won't risk what I hope is decent standing with SkyClan's leadership over a grudge on your part--and I won't cast her out without fair consideration. I'll speak to her, and if she's certain she wants to join SkyClan I'll see about speaking with Birdstar and Wolfblossom about it."

Her tail swished lightly, the only sign of her racing thoughts. "Should circumstances change, we can work together to decide a fitting punishment. I feel that exiling her so far from the forest, where none of us know the territory, would be unnecessarily harsh; especially as leaf-bare approaches."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 10:53 am

Sablestrike nodded. "Perhaps it is best you speak to Lighttail on your own. I've got nothing to say to her anymore." Truthfully he was happy that Leopardstar was going to leave him out of the conversation. Lighttail didn't deserve to eat up any more of his time. "Still, Silverhawk shouldn't have to be the sole scout because Lighttail couldn't remain faithful to her clan. If you're fine with it I can start looking for someone to fill in for her." A few cats came to mind but they would need to be checked in on.

Another nod. His anger towards Lighttail had blinded him from thinking about the potential consequences that would follow her removal. "Will I be allowed to join you in speaking to the Skyclanners?" Before he had even finished the question Sablestrike knew the answer. He wouldn't be permitted to join in on that discussion either and for the same reason why he would be excluded from Leopardstar's talk with Lighttail. "Never mind. If anything changes regarding Lighttail's departure I'll try to keep my feelings out of our discussions, but I doubt that'll happen. She seems pretty set on joining her mate. If Skyclan refuses to take her in it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see her leave Shadowclan and take to the life of a loner."

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 2:01 pm

"Yes, if you could inform Crowspirit and Silverhawk of the change, that would be helpful. I'm sure Silverhawk will at least be happy that we called on him after all."

Leopardstar nodded, considering the possibility of one of their warriors abandoning Clan life completely. Was it better or worse, to shed the code like a snake shed its skin, or to betray your Clan for another? What was the disconnect between loyalty to one's Clan and one's heart? It wasn't something she could say she understood; her love for ShadowClan was something deep in her heart and her soul.

"It seems that I'll be more focused on diplomacy for the time being, so in general I would appreciate it if you could look after ShadowClan. Not that I'm saying for you to do everything--that would be a lot of pressure to drop on you so suddenly. It's just that I can't keep an eye on everyone, and I can't be in multiple places at once," Leopardstar said, tail flicking lightly. "Likewise, if you need me to take over things you're expected to deal with, please let me know."

Her relationship with Sablestrike had been strained at best for quite some time, and she'd had her doubts appointing him as her deputy despite fully believing he was both capable and trustworthy, but he had surpassed most of her expectations. It wasn't fair, then, that she'd never said as much. Especially now, when she was excluding him from important conversations; even if he understood her reasoning, it could be taken as not trusting him to handle himself.

"I know that it hasn't been all that long, but I have to admit... I've been glad to have you by my side."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing Light (closed)   Losing Light (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Losing Light (closed)
Page 1 of 1