Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

peace offering [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

peace offering [c] Empty
PostSubject: peace offering [c]   peace offering [c] EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 12:41

Egretswoop
“I will always fly back home.”

She knew many stares came her way for the fact that she wore a fox pelt. It was something she had observed during her upbringing in any hours she spent with her mother. Cats would always stop and stare at the ones who wore an extra set of fur, who hid behind a mask of sorts. For her mother, it was the pelt of a hare. A particularly interesting choice for a Riverclan cat, one that would have been much better suited for the moors. It had gone so far as to have been a linking source to her name, Harebounce. On the other paw, there now was the white-furred molly with honey-colored eyes who wore the pelt of a fox. A predator, hiding within an even deadlier predator's fur. She wore it for strength, for comfort, for her heritage. She also currently wore it for warmth.

Warmth that she especially needed given recent events. Beneath the pelt hid several layers of cobwebs and poultices that would prevent her wounds from being infected. It had taken at least four sticks to keep her from yowling in the pain that the slices had as she had rid blood from her fur as a result of the battle. Still, she would not have had it any other way. The battle wounds she took were hers and hers alone for being the one to go after such a beast, anyways.

Even as she would wear the scars of her arguable recklessness, if one were to prompt her, they would be met with a simple answer: it was a success. Such success was now demonstrated by what she struggled to carry in an honorable fashion in her maw. A badger's pelt, in near-immaculate condition. There had been a singular cat in mind that she had thought of when obtaining it. A tom who found himself in the category of 'strange' much like herself. Someone who she had known by proxy of sharing a mentor, but also by the whispers of 'outcast' that had surrounded his name. She would not push him to take on a new alias much as she had bestowed upon her apprentices, but there was another gift she could give.

Her tradition of pelt-wearing was not common. She had accepted that long ago. However, that did not mean a predator's pelt was without use. Even if it was not worn in the same near-religious fashion that she did, it would provide significant warmth during their journey. Riverclan had thinned out perhaps the most in the forest's grasp, and it was easy to attribute that reality to the fact that it was the river they had gone without. Water fueled all life, prey included. Egretswoop had noticed how it meant their pelts did not carry the same thick sheen that they were supposed to, either. So warmth was a precious resource.

Moving directly towards the tuxedo-pelted tom, there was a certain smugness that pricked the back of her mind as she realized just how fitting of a pelt she'd chosen. Mentally brushing herself on the back with her tail, Egretswoop finally dropped the badger's pelt as she was close enough to converse with one of Riverclan's newer warriors. "Larkspring, I come with a gift for you. In congratulations and celebration for your name." This was the part she hadn't quite rehearsed as well. It was different when gifting a pelt than when obtaining one's own. "This badger pelt is for you. It is a fantastic source of warmth. I will not advise or require you to wear it as I wear mine, or even to use it. Nevertheless, I wish to bestow it onto you. It can serve as a warm nest-base, should you prefer that." It would slowly become a goal of hers to give some sort of pelt to all of her Clanmates. Her apprentices were a logical start, and her colleague under Rowansong was fitting due to his recent promotion. Perhaps it would be her former mentor next that would receive a pelt... but such was a question to ponder another time.

ooc; pelt obtained in this topic
code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

peace offering [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: peace offering [c]   peace offering [c] EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 10:31

Larkspring

Egretswoop’s appearance was a surprise, for it was not like they were exactly a close pair. They had shared a mentor, but only for a short time before Egretswoop earned her name. Then they rarely spent time together, as Larkspring was under Rowansong’s tutelage and Egretswoop was free to go on to act in whatever capacity she wanted as a warrior.

And yet…she came bearing a gift for him. He stared down at the badger pelt in surprise. He had not really understood why Egretswoop went around tugging a pelt at her back. It seemed like it was a pain more than anything else. They seemed like they would make good nest lining, but it wasn’t like they had permanent nests now…However, it was still cold as they trudged through these new, unfamiliar valleys. Should a cold rain ever come, it would be beneficial to have something to protect his thin, unruly pelt from cold water. Yes…Perhaps this would be an useful gift after all.

“…Thank you,” he finally said. He took the pelt from he and pulled it over his back. He was unused to any weight there and so his legs bowed a little bit until he straightened and grew used to the new accessory. “I…appreciate the gesture. It is sure to help in the cold evenings when we settle down for sleep.”
RiverClan • T1 Warrior • He/Him • 30 | 80 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

peace offering [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: peace offering [c]   peace offering [c] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 10:02

Egretswoop
“I will always fly back home.”

While she had anticipated many responses from Larkspring, the tradition-borne statement of gratitude was not one of them. She had gotten used to his particularly brash and unpalatable demeanor, simply taking it as how the tuxedo-pelted tom viewed the world. Truthfully, she had provided the gesture in some semblance of hope to get him to like her even just slightly more. Even then, she had not expected him to actually say anything of gratitude.

Blinking away her brief surprise at how he received it, Egretswoop dipped her head. "Warmth is a precious resource. I am aware how close you are to your kin, Rookflight. It should be large enough to be shared and keep both warm should you desire, too." That was the other thing that she knew about Larkspring - that he was particularly close with his littermate. The duo had always been peculiar, and the fox-pelted warrior struggled to recall a time she had actually interacted with the other sibling. Perhaps it would be something for her to change.

"Should any event cause harm to the pelt, let me know, and I will gladly assist in repairing it."

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

peace offering [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: peace offering [c]   peace offering [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

peace offering [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: