Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

keeping pace (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2023 - 5:21

Fur glimmering gold in the early morning light, Goldenpaw followed along behind the rest of her hunting patrol, still stifling a yawn. It was wayyyy too early to be out hunting, but the fresh-kill pile was low again, and so it was without too much muttering that she had trotted out of camp, pelt horrifically mussed. The only other apprentice on this specific patrol was Pantherpaw, someone she kinda knew but not really all that well. Huh. Time to change that, she guessed.

Bumping her shoulder against the other apprentice with a bright grin, Goldenpaw fell into pace beside him, oversized paws nearly tripping. “Heya, Pantherpaw! I betcha the best sunning spot in camp that I can catch more prey than you can! Wanna bet?”

They were almost at the flower fields and already the patrol leader was giving the order to fan out. The bet was a tempting one (to her at least); Goldenpaw’s fluffy bulk had already claimed the best sunning spot in camp multiple times now, to the mild irritation of most of her fellows.

(Tallpaw had dragged her forcibly away once, but she’d merely returned to flop on him, and so she kinda counted that a victory.)

Much younger than her fellow apprentice and yet already quite his height, Goldenpaw flicked her tail against his flank with excitement. “Or elder duties for- for a whole moon! C’mon, it’d be fun!” She wasn’t the best of hunters, admittedly, not having filled out yet despite her height, but the thrill of competition lured her onwards nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 988

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyThu 9 Nov 2023 - 15:58

All Hail WindClan's Resident Libra
pantherpaw
I don't live because I can't die, but I'm chained to something.
Pantherpaw was taken aback by Goldenpaw's enthusiasm.
"It's far too early for you to be this energetic." The large tom commented as he glanced over at the she-cat.
However, if a bet was what it took for them to catch as much prey as possible to feed the Clan, then so be it. Besides, even if he were to lose, it wasn't like he would be missing out on much. He wasn't opposed to elder duties. It was a calm job, and even though mousebile stunk, it was only a small pain to bear.
"But I'm in." He nodded, lifting his ears in an attempt to hear any prey.

As he wandered off to look for his first catch, he was relieved when the scent of rabbit hit his nose. It wasn't the largest one he had ever seen in his life, but at a time like this, he had to remember that every bit of food that they could get their paws on would make a huge difference. He flexed his forepaws momentarily before preparing to chase after it. It was much harder to keep up with rabbits since the famine caused stamina to be low, but he had to push through it for everyone's sake. He stalked forward, laying as low as he could considering that his large, dark frame contrasted heavily with the greenery of the moor, before he pounced forward. The rabbit made an attempt to scamper away. Its hind legs pushed it forward and away from Pantherpaw, but the apprentice was quicker. He caught up to it in a few bounds and promptly ended its life with a bite to the neck.

He felt the warmth of satisfaction spread throughout his chest. Perhaps this was a sign that the rest of the patrol would bring in a decent amount of food. With his catch still at his paws, he looked over in Goldenpaw's direction to see if she had any luck as well.
and i answer, "i'm still a hostage of life".

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by merrychuu on Thu 9 Nov 2023 - 16:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyThu 9 Nov 2023 - 15:58

The member 'merrychuu' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

keeping pace (c) Mistpe10
keeping pace (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cocoa

cocoa

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2023 - 8:53

Goldenpaw snorted, flicking her tail at the other apprentice’s comment. It wasn’t like Pantherpaw could talk, anyways; not everybody wanted to be all- all stoic and stony and grumpy all the time! At least he agreed, although admittedly without, y’know, any enthusiasm. If you weren’t excited about hunting and bets and running across the moor in the dawn light, well. What could you be excited about? Maybe he was excited on the inside; at any rate, he better be, or else Goldenpaw was gonna do all she could to get some sort of excitement outta Mr stoneface.

The large apprentice turned aside, opening her mouth to taste the moor-wind in her maw. The scent of the season’s last wilting flowers, the smell of the last patrol to come this way, the- rabbit. Goldenpaw’s eyes blazed as she stalked through the flowers, fur turned to gold in the sunlight. Just the thought of clamping her jaws around a hare’s neck and crunching the small delicate bones under her teeth… oh, she was hungry. Licking her chops, she slunk through the wilting flowers, tracking the rabbit by scent alone, nose suddenly filled with the metallic tang of blood. What?

There- a half-eaten rabbit, blood staining the grass crimson, and a weasel crouched over it, tearing away at the carcass hungrily. Goldenpaw let out a low growl. That was her prey, and that little wretched creature had no right to it! With an angry yowl, she sprung forwards, claws unsheathed, but the lithe beast was too fast, darting away. How dare it.

To an outsider, it might’ve seemed a funny spectacle; an oversized young apprentice chasing a weasel with angry snarls, always just too slow to rip its head off, infuriated by the way it would nip at her paws before darting off again, taunting her. Goldenpaw, however, was boiling over with anger, hissing with frustration as her claws dug into the grass once more.

Weasel used War Dance, dealing 6 damage and costing 15 stamina. Weasel cannot be hit until its next turn! Goldenpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing no damage and costing 7 stamina.

Goldenpaw
14/20 HP (-6)
53/60 (-7)

Weasel invulnerable until next turn
20/20 HP
120/135 SP (-15)

Last edited by Cocoa on Fri 10 Nov 2023 - 9:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2023 - 8:53

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

keeping pace (c) Mistpe10
keeping pace (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 988

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 17:09

All Hail WindClan's Resident Libra
pantherpaw
I don't live because I can't die, but I'm chained to something.
The scent of a hare had caught his nose, but the sound of thrashing and hissing reached his ears first. Pantherpaw whirled around quickly only to see Goldenpaw engaging in a scuffle with a slippery weasel who was using its agility to its advantage. The tom immediately abandoned the scent trail and raced over to help her. Anger coursed this veins as he made his way toward the fight. Predators were such a common occurrence and prey was such a rarity that it almost seemed more valuable for apprentices to learn how to fight nowadays instead of learn how to hunt first. He wished there was an answer as to why the forest had become so backward, and he wish he knew when he'd have the chance to experience the moorland the way it was before disaster struck.

The wicked little thing was awfully fast, and once Pantherpaw was within range, he knew that targeting its paws to knock it off balance would be the best course of action. He darted forward, attempting to pull it off its feet with his sharp teeth, but the weasel was far too quick. The apprentice growled in frustration as he met the predator's beady, taunting black eyes. What an annoyance this fight would be.

pantherpaw used "snap" on weasel, dealing 0 damage and costing 7 stamina.

pantherpaw
hp - 20/20
sp - 53/60

goldenpaw
hp - 14/20
sp - 53/60

weasel
hp - 20/20
sp - 120/135

and i answer, "i'm still a hostage of life".

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 17:40

“I,” Goldenpaw hissed, sides heaving, panting for breath, “am going to tear your spine from your foxing flesh!”

Of course, the weasel chose this moment to jump forwards and sink its sharp teeth into her paw.

Goldenpaw shrieked.

The pain vanished, swept away in an overwhelming flood of sheer rage as she snarled, nearly frothing at the mouth as she tore into the sinuous creature, uncaring as it sunk its fangs deeper into her flesh. As long as she could get at it, as long as she could tear fur from flesh and rend flesh from bone, as long as she could hurt it, it didn’t matter. Nothing else mattered, apart from herself and the thing she would kill. Her world narrowed to herself and the wretched creature, viewed through a blood-red haze, and yet she could feel every inch of her pelt like never before. Lightning ran through her veins, adrenaline and battle-fury singing along to her pounding heart and the sound of blood rushing in her ears as she unbalanced, landing on her back with the creature atop her. This, the taste of blood in her maw and the feeling of bones cracking under her teeth; this was life.

Totally unnoticing of her fellow apprentice, Goldenpaw tore madly into the weasel, uncaring of the blood that stained her fur crimson.

weasel used Gripping Bite, dealing 6 (7-1 MR) damage and costing 15 stamina! Goldenpaw used Play Dead, dealing 8 damage and costing 5 stamina! (don’t mind me flavouring play dead)

pantherpaw
hp - 20/20
sp - 53/60

goldenpaw
hp - 9/20 (-6 HP, +1 b/c I forgot about MR last turn my bad)
sp - 48/60 (-5)

weasel
hp - 12/20 (-8)
sp - 120/135
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

keeping pace (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeping pace (c)   keeping pace (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

keeping pace (c)
Page 1 of 1