Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) Empty
PostSubject: dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)   dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) EmptyWed 1 Nov 2023 - 6:04

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw regretted her idea near as soon as she came to it. It had seemed like a good idea in hindsight, go to the place where twolegs tended animals that were always fed and plump and to take one. Maybe two. Something to give her clan that they couldn't get within their territory. She didn't know why nobody had tried yet, but maybe that was the very reason she should not. And yet, here she stood.

She had mentioned it in passing a couple of times, 'why don't we try this?' and 'why don't we just have a look?'. Her fascination with the place was strange, perhaps because it was utterly alien and spoken of with hints of disdain that would try to convey to you not to go there without outright stating it. And here she stood, alone for the moment willing her paws to go forward. She had trailed after the dusk patrol to get here. She knew they would not allow her to go by herself, so why not make a detour? But even looking at it, the strange wooden heights and the gnarled looking stripped-branch borders; foreboding wasn't the word for it.

She grit her teeth and swallowed and raised an ashen paw to take a step forward when she heard a rustle behind her. Her ears went back and she whipped around, the first syllable of an apology raising on her tongue...

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)   dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) EmptySat 4 Nov 2023 - 9:44

f2u-risen-by-rilvin-dciueshRookpaw

Cinderpaw's disappearance from camp was curious. Rookpaw had watched her go, trailing some tail-lengths behind an evening patrol. She hadn't fallen in with the rest of them, all warriors, as they assembled near the mouth of camp, yet she disappeared on their heels. Rookpaw stared after the small band long after the flash of Cinderpaw's gray tail had disappeared from view before they roused themself to rise from the corner they'd tucked into. Perhaps she had been scheduled for the patrol after all, and they would be the stowaway. The peculiar somersault that turned their stomach led them to believe there was merit in pursuing, though, so Rookpaw set aside any wondering that might have stayed their paws and put their focus toward catching up.

It was not difficult to follow her, especially as she was following a larger patrol already. Rookpaw sighted her a few times as they crossed the wetlands, though he relied largely on senses of sight and sound to trace her steps. It wasn't until the broad frame of isolated twoleg structures came into clarity against the horizon that he picked up his pace. Belatedly, Rookpaw recalled that the dusk patrol was slated for the farm; similarly, Cinderpaw's mutterings about looking the place over returned to mind. He lifted his head against the darkening sky, looking at the wooden nests, the hazy lines of a broken fence becoming sharp as they padded closer. Nerves bundled in their chest and Rookpaw pushed themself into a brisk trot however much they lacked the energy for it.

Breaking through the reedstalks and high grass to find Cinderpaw so quickly was almost an accident, but Rookpaw found themself relieved to see her wheeling around on him. "Hello," he spoke before her apology could come to fruition. Ears flicking, Rookpaw tipped their head to look around, taking in their scenery: the farm stood as it was, weather-beaten and misplaced against RiverClan's open lands, rumbling with the distant calls of animals Rookpaw did not recognize, no patrol in sight. "Ah. I was right." They announced mildly, offering no explanation before looking back to Cinderpaw and continuing on. "This is dangerous territory for hunting. You should not have come here alone." There was sternness in their voice, but the subtlest shift in their drawn expression betrayed concern. They could not help but think of Morningpaw's fractured body, and had found a surprising determination to prevent the same from happening to Cinderpaw. "Ask someone to join you next time. It is a good thing I was watching. ... Do you still intend to approach?"

What if the steps I make turn out to be mistakes? How can someone like me learn to say, “Come what may?”Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)   dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 10:57

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Her words died in her throat when she came face to face with Rookpaw, mere lengths away and watching her with such a peculiar expression she almost forgot what she was doing in the first place. "You were right?" Was the first words that burbled past her quivering lips, her ears still angled back and the dropped tail behind her back only just beginning to smoothen back down again.

"I thought you-- I thought you were part of the patrol I followed..." She mumbled, drawing herself back in and allowing her shoulders to lax and only emphasising those darkened eyes of exhaustion and hunger, but even then there was a soft tremble to her form that shadowed the quiet voice she used and made the nerves quite obvious. "I'm sorry if I woke you up. You--... You shouldn't have followed me. It's okay, you can go back and I'll just..."

Have a look around? She had made the pact with herself that she wouldn't return empty pawed. Everyone was hurting, aching with a hunger unlike any she had felt. She was told the colder moons would be hard, but this was not what she had expected. The harrowed expressions on the once jovial faces of her denmates,-- she couldn't stand to see them. She didn't want to be here, but she didn't want them to starve either.

"I do," She replied to his question, a bit more certain than she had sounded before. "There are... things here. Prey things, maybe. Or something to carry back. Something for us to eat, maybe. Even just one thing..." She turned her gaze to the shaded outline of the hulking nests of deformed wood, scrunching her nose at the strange scents that barraged it. "Even just a look to find where food that might be in there could be."

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)   dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 21:16

f2u-risen-by-rilvin-dciueshRookpaw

Rookpaw's ear flicked once at the inquiry. They hadn't planned to elaborate, but they could not deny an honest inquiry. Their answer could wait, though: Cinderpaw's posture sank, and her voice was shaken and soft, but she continued to speak nonetheless. Only when she paused did they say, "I was not a member of that patrol. I had guessed the same of you. That is what I was right on." Rookpaw took a few steps forward to stand near to Cinderpaw's shoulder rather than opposing her. "Do not apologize for waking me. I was not asleep. I came of my own volition and my own concern." The words came out of them without much thought, but on registering what was spoken it felt strange in their mouth. To not only feel, but admit to--be able to admit to, have the understanding know what emotion drove them... it was foreign. Rookpaw lifted their nose in disregard for the unsteadiness it threatened and focused in on Cinderpaw.

She was determined. Whatever quiver remained in her voice, she held to this resolution. Rookpaw's tail twitched to and fro--admiration, dismay, pride, fear--and they kept their stare leveled on her even after she turned away. "I will not go back," He said, soft but unyielding. He moved to be in Cinderpaw's line of sight again, shadowing her view of the farm, and stared quietly down at her. His eyes were hard; stern, unreadable slits of pale gold. They were quick to soften, though: opened just slightly wider, pupils expanding, the slightest twitch down of their brow. More than his words betrayed his worry. But Cinderpaw clung to her conviction, and so he would do the same. Rookpaw had little hope of finding anything edible here (not anything they could carry back, at least), but they would not leave her to find out alone. Should she meet some grisly fate here, it would not be with no one to watch over her.

"It will be dangerous. You had seen Morningpaw?" His tail flicked again. He was quiet for a long moment before turning around and facing the farm again himself. "You are foolish for going alone," he said, but any exasperation in his voice was drowned by the quiet inflection of care. "but I respect what drives you. It is... noble. Bold." After a last look at Cinderpaw, Rookpaw padded onward to approach the looming buildings.

Closer to the fenceline, it was easier to see at least some of the animals twolegs housed here. Great white beasts, covered in a strange, thick-looking white coat, fluffy like green-leaf crowds. They made strange, low noises, and the stamping of their sharp-looking paws was loud. The big red nest in their pen smelled of some sort of dusty grass, along with a thousand other smells that were all new and uncomfortable in Rookpaw's nose. They shook out their pelt and trailed further up the fence line, noting some of the wood seemed new, like this stretch of it had only recently been added... repaired, they imagined. Underneath the flurry of other new sights and scents and sounds... they could smell mice, coming from the nest in the big-animal pen. And birds--not ones they'd heard before, but the unmistakable cluck of them regardless--could be heard somewhere, likely in some other pen. Rookpaw's whiskers trembled and they looked back to Cinderpaw. "This is your missive," they said. "Do you want to cross the fence? I will follow wherever you lead."

What if the steps I make turn out to be mistakes? How can someone like me learn to say, “Come what may?”Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)   dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) EmptyMon 20 Nov 2023 - 2:32

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

She had not woken him, and he came willingly. It was not what she had expected. She had assumed she would've been brought back to camp to avoid the two of them getting into inevitable trouble, and yet, he intended the opposite. "I'm sorry for worrying you," She said earnestly, although she was glad they were. It felt nice as much as she was guilty for it.

His insistence on staying in her vision confused her. It was not unwelcome, but she could not find a reason for it. Maybe he thought if she watched him instead of the strange nests and fences, she would abandon her post and return back to camp? That line of thought was quickly dismissed, however, when he confirmed that he would go with her. She would be glad of the company, but it made her paws itch with nerves that she ran the risk of getting him wounded. She would not allow that to happen-- He was better in most skills than her, but she would rather take any wound for him instead of the opposite.

"Morningpaw?" She echoed, and a huff of worry ebbed into her throat. She did not recall the name, and said such. "No, what happened to Morningpaw?" She knew she would not want to hear the answer; it would undoubtedly shake her to her core, but all the same if Rookpaw had said it, it must be important. "And... thank you. I know it's a stupid thing to do but I didn't want anyone getting into bother. If I was able, I'd send you back to camp and explore by myself, but that would be like talking to a rock, wouldn't it?" She smiled at his willingness and resolve to accompany her, whatever it may be founded in. Probably the same reason she did not want them to go with her.

She followed them briskly toward the point-of-no-return, a fence leagues higher than her and would take a mighty jump to clear. She may be better off squeezing through underneath it. Her ears flicked at least once every beat, swivelling to each and every sound. She knew none of them bar the bird-like ones, and decided maybe that should be their first visit. Twoleg animals were usually fat, if following kittypet logic. These should be too, but she wasn't so certain that the rodents she could smell would follow the same.

"You don't have to follow," Cinderpaw reminded him, as though it were a final attempt at a plea for him to save himself the trouble. She edged past him and low to the ground, squeezed beneath the fence. It's edges scratched at her skin and when she emerged on the other side, was dismayed to find that it had captured some of her fur too. She frowned, knowing that although it wouldn't be visible, she'd know it would be uneven.

She waited for Rookpaw to join her and with a quiet chirp began to make her way further into the labyrinth. She more she walked, the more she realised she hated this. Some sort of dung-smell hung in the air that stung her throat and eyes and made it hard to follow the smell of the birds and rodents. She used sound instead, and began to wind her way amongst the pens and uncanny, odd-coloured nests.

"Do you have any idea on what would be better to bring back?" She asked softly, keeping her voice as low as she could. "I smell something else near the mice. I don't know what it is. But the birds are loud..."

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)   dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

dream a dream of dangerous (unwise) places (c)
Page 1 of 1