Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

L'appel du Vide[Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3222

L'appel du Vide[Open] Empty
PostSubject: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptySun 29 Oct 2023 - 21:46

Rome wasn’t built in one day. But it was burned in one.

He probably shouldn't have crossed the border, but he did anyway. His head had told him not to step past, that if he did he'd invite trouble he couldn't possibly get out of. But when did his paws ever listen to his head when his belly was so much louder? Bird padded on, paws moving silently across the leaf-strewn ground as he headed deeper and deeper into Clan territory. His mother had told him all about the Clans that lived here, though how she knew she never told him. "Copper" was out again, likely hunting for something to feed them both or bringing flowers to his littermate's graves. His mother was always griefing, from the moment he first opened his eyes. At times, when she was sound asleep, he wondered if she had already passed and only a ghost of her former self remained in her body.

Bird shook his head to clear his thoughts, then tasted the air. Rich scents of cats he had never met before flooded his senses, and it took a while before the tom was able to locate a squirrel under the mess. Copper had taught him something about crouching down and approaching his prey slowly, but even she did not use that method. She didn't seem convinced either that it was the best method. With that thought in mind, Bird let go of all caution and crashed through the undergrowth to reach the squirrel. He burst through the ferns, a storm of movements unusual for a cat no older than six moons. Flashes of red fur danced before his vision, as if taunting him, until at last it was lost in the trembling stalks of leaves. Bird skidded to a stop, his heart hammering and a string of curses on his tongue.

Last edited by Copperbeans on Sun 29 Oct 2023 - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptySun 29 Oct 2023 - 21:46

The member 'Copperbeans' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

L'appel du Vide[Open] Mistpe10
L'appel du Vide[Open] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2424

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 8:54

Alone again. It seemed lately Blazefang was always alone. She didn’t even care anymore that she was starving. She’d been determined to live, but her mind seemed to prefer torturing her, dragging her into dreams that hurt more than real life. The border would be the only thing to stop her in her lost walk, or so she thought. The scent this time was oddly familiar, but not quite anyone she recognized. Too tired even to bristle at the thought of a trespasser, she moved on. Maybe today the dreams would finally claim her.

She heard the sound of a cat chasing down prey, and sighed. It seemed her mind was taking her back to WindClan today. But instead of some horror from her past, she came face to face with… herself. The cat before her was colored differently, but the same face she saw in her reflection seemed to stare back at her. She blinked, too stunned to say a word.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:18

Bird froze as he came face-to-face with Copper. No, this wasn't Copper. This cat was much older, with bronze fur and far more scars. Her scent was also slightly different from Copper's, though it was hard to tell the difference. Who is this cat and why does she look so similar to his own mother? Fur bristling, the tom-kit watched the she-cat warily, as if waiting for her to explain herself.

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:04

Blazefang was shocked back to reality, recognizing that the cat in front of her had to be real. Her mind didn’t taunt her with cats she didn’t know. Why did this cat look so familiar, though? Scratch that. Why did this kit look so familiar? And why was he out here alone? Blazefang flexed her claws out and back in to ground herself and found her voice.

“Hi there, kiddo. Um, do you know where you are right now? Is there a parent or someone looking for you?”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 18:50

The she-cat looked as wary as he was. Was that a good sign? Or was this a trick? Bird took a step back, fur still bristling. "No, I don't know where I am," He lied, refusing to admit that he had strayed into ThunderClan territory willingly. He pointedly ignored the last question. Was Copper his parent? She had birthed him, yes, but he couldn't feel her love. Copper's heart was broken, any love she had for her kits buried along his littermates. And it wasn't like she was looking for him.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyWed 15 Nov 2023 - 8:17

Blazefang’s heart melted a little in spite of herself. This was just a poor lost kit, after all. Probably too scared to have noticed the border. Something familiar seemed to stir in her as she sat down, making herself look less intimidating.

“Aw, I’m sorry. Well, you’re on ThunderClan territory, but I promise I’m a safe cat. If you have a home to go back to, I can help you find your way.”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 23:36

Home to go back to? As in, wherever Copper found suitable enough for them to crash into for the night. The place that always, always had a full view of the stars? Bird had hated the openess, hated how exposed it left him to the world, hated how the stars taunted him every time he opened his eyes. "No, I don't-" no sooner had those words left his moth did he snap his mouth shut so fast he bit his own tongue. Wrong words. Wrong, wrong, wrong- was this cat going to take him away? Back to wherever they kept kits hidden away, under the same awful sky and stars? Bird opened his mouth again, picking his words carefully. "If you can guide me to the bor- edge of your territory, I can find my way back home," He mewed, tripping over his words in the same awful way Copper did.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 11:15

The kit’s hesitancy had Blazefang uncertain, but she tried not to doubt him. Loners and rogues often moved around, after all. He might have a perfectly good temporary home outside of what she saw as such. Still, that odd feeling stirred again as familiar expressions crossed his face.

“All right,” she finally mewed, getting up. “So, what’s your name, kiddo? I’m Blazefang.”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 23:30

"Bird," He replied instantly, though the name tasted sour on his tongue. His mother's name for him was also what she grieved the most, it seems. He could do without the reminder of what she had lost and what he could not even have. He shifted his paws, moving so as to allow Blazefang to lead the way. Why did that name sound so familiar to him? He had heard it before, but that was an inkling that it was said with more venom than most names had. Copper had said- Blazefang- he couldn't recall what it was that had been said. "Hey, do you know anyone named Copper?" He decided to follow along his thoughts, and the words slipped out like fish from his claws.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyWed 29 Nov 2023 - 9:07

Blazefang could sense that the kit wasn’t thrilled with his name. Sometimes that happened, a cat named their kit something that didn’t suit them without knowing. Although Bird seemed to be rather bitter about everything, not unlike… she didn’t even finish the thought.

He finished it for her. Blazefang stopped stock still, the emotions washing over her. She heard herself whisper, “She’s my daughter.” No question remained as to who this kit was. He had to be her grandson.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyMon 4 Dec 2023 - 20:03

Ooc: mobile post :c

The she-cat's words were as unexpected and shocking as plunging into cold water. Copper was... this cat's daughter? So Copper had been born in the Clans? Then why did she leave? Why did she remain so stubborn to see her kits die if she could have gotten help? He recalled her words, bitter poison that was made by herself to do the most harm to her own heart. She had cursed the stars and cursed the Clans, and she had cursed her mother among them. Bird remembered now, what words had accompanied Blazefang's name: "How any cat could be so depressed as my mother was over the loss of her kits, and yet refuse to care for her live ones, well, I must have inherited that trait from Blazefang, seeing as I am doomed to repeat the same."

Amber eyes snapped up to Blazefang, a new light of wariness in them. Copper's words had done their job, and poisoned the tom against his blood. Whatever Blazefang had done or failed to do, it had resulted in this mess that was his life. In the mess that was his littermates' lack of life. How could he forgive this stranger when he could not even forgive his own mother?

And yet, questions lingered on his tongue like burning wood. Another reminder of his mother was their shared curiosity that they both loathed. The inability to not care was troublesome to them, cats who didnt want to care about the lies of others. "My father, what was his name?" The question was asked, the words gone in the wind and leaving behind an empty space for Blazefang to fill. The father that had haunted his mother, had he been good to her? What ended it all?

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyTue 5 Dec 2023 - 11:54

Blazefang wanted to answer the kit’s question, but the words died on her tongue. I don’t even know. “I… I don’t know,” she found herself saying. Not something you should probably say to a child. Trying to salvage the situation, Blazefang stammered, “I mean, um, I wasn’t close with him, but like yeah your mother saw something in him obviously…” she trailed off.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyWed 6 Dec 2023 - 0:34

"I don't even know"... that was disappointing. No, it hurt. Bird nodded, not really caring about the she-cat that walked beside him. So, Blazefang didn't know who Copper's mate had been. No problem, his mother had named his littermates after what she cared about most. "Well, do you know anyone named Cedar, Amber, Sun or Shrew?" He asked. Saying his littermates' outloud after so long felt strange, but he had to know what had drove Copper out of her homeland.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] EmptyFri 15 Dec 2023 - 13:50

Every name was like claws being dug into her heart. After a long time, she spoke, holding back a sob. “Shrewpaw and Sunfire… were your aunt and uncle. Cedarstalk was the name of a warrior in our clan, though that’s probably a coincidence. Amber, though… I haven’t known an Amber since long before your mother’s birth.” All she could do was give him answers. She longed to hold the kit close, but she didn’t dare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L'appel du Vide[Open]   L'appel du Vide[Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

L'appel du Vide[Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next