Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

slither and shake [C]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

slither and shake [C] Empty
PostSubject: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 17:46

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Pigeonkit

After a fair bit of wriggling and kicking her little legs, Pigeonkit rolled herself off her back and right onto her paws. It was still early in the morning, but after dawn by now; when she squinted, she could just barely see patches of blue through the small gaps in the roof. That meant she had plenty of time in the day to bother whoever she wanted! Pigeonkit gave herself a hearty shake, banishing any lingering sleepiness, and got ready to whirl around and bother her littermates until they all woke up, too.

A flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye made her stop mid-spin, though, body half twisted around its self. Pigeonkit’s pupils went wide, nearly flooding the blue out of her eyes. It might have just been a queen’s tail she saw. Maybe. Whatever it was, it was small and thin and kind of, like… writhing.

So it was definitely, without a doubt, a snake.

Guys! Pigeonkit shouted before an admonishing grumble made her remember she wasn’t supposed to be so loud in the den. She finished turning and gave each of her littermates a firm headbutt, batting lightly at the ears of whoever was slow to wake. Lowering her voice to an urgent hiss, “Guys, get up! You have to come outside with me. Now! Don’t tell anyone but I’m pretty sure I saw a snake so I have to go check it out and if you don’t come with me I’m going to go by myself so if I get bit it’ll be all of your faults! So wake up, let’s go!”

If you always take it on the chin and wear it, nothing will change!Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 17:59

Dovekit was lost in a dream. Something about it was cloudy... it felt like being submerged in mist. Or what he imagined it would feel like, anyway. Almost like floating--no. Sinking. However, he was abruptly prodded out of his dream, and it slipped away from him like he'd tried to catch a raindrop with his paws. The headbutt was familiar. "Pigeonkit," he groused, blinking bleary eyes open with a disapproving glare. "how many times do I have to tell you I want to sleep in?"

It took a few moments of tired, sluggish thoughts before the rest of what she'd said caught up to him. His pale gray-blue eyes opened fully with alarm.

"Wait--a snake?! Pidge, that could be dangerous!" Trying to temper his sudden anxiety with the annoyance he'd felt earlier, Dovekit stumbled his way out of the nest, nearly tripping on one of his siblings as he did so. Ugh. Of course Pidge would find a snake this early in the morning. When am I supposed to get some rest? I spend all day chasing after her anyway... The soft-pelted tom shook out his fur as he walked further to the entrance of the den. Determination colored his tone. Even though his sister seemed insistent on running headfirst into danger at any given chance, it was his job as her brother to try and keep her safe. Even if she was nothing more than an annoying little pest. And even if she had ruined his sleep for the sixth morning in a row since he'd begun keeping count. "Whatever it is, you should stay in here. I don't want you getting bitten, all right? I'll take a look and see if it's safe first."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 18:11

"A snake?" Swankit had been sleeping... Until her sister's cry roused her. And then Dovekit's paws tripped over her, rousing her to full wakefulness even as her brain caught up to what Pigeonkit was saying.

And Dovekit, of course, just had to be the protector of the group. Swankit huffed, rolling to her paws, uncaring that her pale fur stuck out in every which way, "You can't go alone Dovekit! Wait for me!" She demanded, scampering after her brother as quickly as her little legs would carry her. No way were either of them running off into something without her.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 18:33

Being headbutted awake was probably the last way Crowkit wanted to be woken up from his slumber, having been sprawled out on his belly. With a groggy hiss, the tom got to his paws, giving the tail-end of his sister a glare. "I would bet two rocks that it's not a snake. The warriors woulda gotten it already!" Watching Swankit run after Dovekit, his teal eyes rolled back in annoyance before he padded after them.

"It's not a snake. Dove, lighten up, we're not gonna get hurt in camp." His dark, smokey pelt was still spikey after his night in his tiny nest, though he would outgrow it soon enough. "You don't have to protect us y'know. Not like we can take care of ourselves buuuuuuut we aren't about to get hurt or anything." Risking a glance back toward the comfort of his nest, Crowkit decided he would see this whole 'snake' ordeal through. Not like anything interesting was happening back in there.

slither and shake [C] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 19:23

"I see your bet and raise you three rocks." Ravenkit commented dryly, looking at the world around him upside down because the tom was laying on his back with his paws in the air. He quickly rolled to his paws, pushing himself to standing before shaking out any loose moss that clung to his fur. One thing was for certain, no matter what the outcome was, he wasn't giving up his rocks.

"Buutt if it's actually a snake then Pidge should definitely go first." Ravenkit added quickly, yellow eyes glancing to the kit that noticed the 'threat' first.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 18:59

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Pigeonkit

Her siblings answered her demands quickly, but none of them had any of the enthusiasm necessary for this. Pigeonkit rolled her eyes dramatically at her littermates as they hurried out of the nursery after her, looking first at Dovekit. “That’s not fair and a bad idea and you know it! How come you get to go first? I found it! And what if you get bit then? How come you can get bit but I can’t? Huh?” She huffed, wrinkling her nose. Swankit came soon after, but she was only chasing Dove, and Crow and Raven came out betting against her. Pigeonkit stamped a small paw against the ground. “Dove doesn’t need to protect us, because the snake’s not going to bite us in the first place. And if it does, that’s why we have a Sandyshell! We’ll be fine. But that’s all besides the point! I’m going after that snake and I’m taking both of your rocks.” With a final snort, Pigeonkit shot off around the side of the nursery.

The den walls were woven tightly, as were the walls keeping them from rolling off the little into the supposed river… surely too tight for a snake to get away. Never mind how it would have gotten in in the first place. But circling the den revealed no coiled predator, and Pigeonkit was starting to think she’d been wrong. Which- being wrong was fine, but she didn’t want to look like a liar (even if she kinda was), and she’d look like a liar if she didn’t have at least a little proof of a snake.

Lucky for her, she was pretty smart. She might’ve been the only one that thought that, but she knew she was. Struck by inspiration, Pigeonkit skittered forward to claw and bite at the rushes forming the walls of camp until she managed to unthread one. The stalk came with its dense brown flower intact, just as she’d intended; and while tripping over her paws in surprise when it came loose was unintended, throwing (or, unceremoniously dropping) the plant where its flowering head was in sight of her siblings was perfectly to plan.

“Ha!” Pigeonkit barked from behind the nursery. “Snake! I told you!” She bent to snatch the stalk in her teeth again, jerking her head left-right-left. Nevermind that puffs of the bulrush’s flower drifted into the air as she shook it. She was fighting a snake, and this was definitely convincing, and definitely wasn’t going to get her told off by half her siblings.

If you always take it on the chin and wear it, nothing will change!Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 20:04

Dovekit lashed his tail once in annoyance. He wasn't trying to "claim" anything, he was trying to protect her and the others. Why didn't she understand that snakes were dangerous? He'd heard the elders tell stories about how cats could die from snakebites! The other kits all leapt out of the nest. Swankit demanded to come along, because of course everything had to be about her. Crowkit was acting waaay too nonchalant about a potential threat. Ravenkit seemed somehow less interested, and suggesting that if the threat was real (which it probably was! unless Pidge was mistaken) that Pigeonkit should go first. What, to suffer the consequences? "If it's a real snake, then of course it's a real problem," he said, turning back with a glare to look at all of them. "And you shouldn't bet rocks. It's gonna cause fights. Now let me just go check--" But by the time he turned back, Pidge had already vanished.

"Pidge, get back here!" Dovekit dashed after her, but a few seconds was too long, and she wasn't within vision. Where had she gone off to? Trying to keep his anxiety pushed down, he scanned the area, looking for any telltale pawprints or hints of soft white fur. A voice caught his ear. Pigeonkit's voice. Triumphant? It didn't matter. He raced around to the other end of the nursery, only to see her violently biting a large bulrush from the side of the den, obviously attempting to whip it back and forth in a convincing imitation of an animal none of them had ever seen. Apparently it had all been a false alarm after all. Probably a prank, even. He let out a frustrated snort, padding forward to place a larger paw on the other end of the rush's stalk. "Pigeonkit. That's not a snake, you fish-brain. Why'd you get me all scared over nothing? A real snake could actually hurt you someday! How am I supposed to know when you're telling the truth if you lie so much?" Though his tone was lecturing, he was genuinely concerned. If there was no way to discern between a real call and a false alarm, he wouldn't be able to protect his siblings properly.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slither and shake [C]   slither and shake [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

slither and shake [C]
Page 1 of 1