Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

get me out of this misery [closed]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

get me out of this misery [closed] Empty
PostSubject: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 11:43 pm

Murkyripple
“I welcome the shadows like a long-lost friend.”

"Stop. Touching. Me."
"ENOUGH!"

"Thunderclan... we will appoint a new deputy once camp has been cleaned."

She didn't want to stay for it. She couldn't stay for it. For once in her life, this was one thing that her resilient mind couldn't get through. Murkyripple had gone through the ridicule and torment that resulted at Windclan's medicine cat screaming her heritage at the top of her lungs, cursing her to a life inside of a Clan that would forever see her as other. As some sort of damaged good, as not good enough. Their gazes may have all turned and scorned at Mottlestar, but at the end of the day... it funneled to her. That weight hit her shoulders. Firefly had deserted Thunderclan upon hearing it all, of having that image of their mother shattered. Rosepaw... Stars, she didn't even know. Thrushnose had found it in his heart to continue to be the heart, to follow in Mottlestar's steps to where no cat could hardly blame him. Murkyripple? She had gone through the motions. She had been the picture-perfect daughter, following her mother's orders. Where did it get her? What did it do for her?

It led her to Windclan's border.

Oh, the irony. What a reckless decision the she-cat was making. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep. No- it definitely had to be the lack of sleep. Or perhaps it was the faint scent of lavender that still clung to her pelt. She didn't know.

But she sat there. And with a deep breath, she screamed. And screamed. She screamed his name multiple times, hoping to whatever stars-born guardian that she had in the sky that he would appear.

"FLUTTERPETAL!"

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 11:43 pm

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Invasion Dice' :
get me out of this misery [closed] Failuredice

get me out of this misery [closed] Mistpe10
get me out of this misery [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 12:06 am

Flutterpetal was on yet another patrol. This one was at least with his brother, but they'd found themselves with little to say to each other recently. What was there to do but talk about the impending conflict? What was there to say but condolences, empty and worried, that surely ShadowClan would not be so foolish as to invade over Batsong's awful actions? And yet, they both knew that it was inevitable. That any moment, claws might come to tear their camp apart. So even the brothers had been quieter as of late. Due to the shared silence, during their hunting, Flutterpetal found himself further from Adderdawn. His pursuit of a rabbit that had just barely managed to escape his claws led him out of his brother's sight. Instead of rushing immediately back, he took a moment to stare across the border, feeling the unpleasantly familiar sensation of frustration boiling in the very pit of his stomach. Why were the stars determined to lead them into danger? From Fourtrees to Highstones to the upcoming war with ShadowClan... had all of that truly been the will of the stars? Was WindClan doomed from the very start? And was that a cat coming across the horizon?

Wait. A cat? His muscles grew tense as he looked, a dark shape in the corner of his eye growing larger. Yes. That was another cat. But it wasn't a WindClan cat. The movements were too unsure, too erratic, to be those of a warrior who belonged on the moors. Flutterpetal felt his heart sink. Was this it? Was this the head of a ShadowClan patrol, finally coming to attack? Was he about to be the first casualty of the long-promised war? As his hackles raised, he opened his mouth to let out a desperate yowl for Adderdawn--but stopped, shocked, when the other cat yelled first. His name.

"FLUTTERPETAL!"

That voice. He knew that voice. It was the she-cat he'd run into at Fourtrees, and then spoken with at the most recent Gathering. The one he'd gifted a crown of lavender and laughed with about their shared hesitance in the clearing. Murkyripple. But... what was she doing here? This was WindClan territory. They didn't even share a border. How had she gotten here? Why were her screams so desperate? Though the adrenaline did not leave his veins, he found himself stumbling a little as he half-walked, half-ran the rest of the distance towards her. "Murkyripple? he asked breathlessly, trying to make sense of the name even as it tumbled out of his mouth. "You're... what are you doing here? Are you okay? It... it must be important, if you came all this way. Are you hurt?" Concern crept through the confusion in his voice. Yet, there didn't seem to be any injuries on her pelt. What in the name of the stars could this be about?

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 2:21 am

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

Patrols were starting to feel like a hollow exercise. Catch prey for mouths they soon may not have to feed. Trek to the borders, scanning for threats they had invited with a bared throat. Refresh scent markers that would mean nothing to a war party. It was… sickeningly mundane, when the entire Clan felt ShadowClan looming over them. The moor itself seemed different, too, changed by the weight. The fresh life of late new-leaf grew around them, but it all seemed dull, half-withered. Even with prey coursing, the world felt frighteningly still, holding its breath until blood hit the soil.

It was maddening. Long hours spent ranging across the fields had once brought peace, a rare thing to find, but now Adderdawn couldn’t stand it. He couldn’t stand being anywhere. In camp, throughout their territory, Fourtrees– he burned with rage and fear no matter where he stood. He figured the only thing that kept him from being driven entirely out of his mind from stress was the exhaustion.

That, and there were small comforts. Namely, Flutterpetal. Despite the quiet between them and the strain on each of their minds, having his brother near eased some of the commotion in him. And Adderdawn sought his brother now, loping steadily over heather and tough grass in the direction he’d watched that dark pelt disappear chasing a rabbit into the sunset. He was getting nearer, led by Flutterpetal’s scent, when a scream interrupted his path. Adderdawn halted mid-step, body rigid. The voice was unfamiliar, desperate, wild.

The voice was looking for Flutterpetal. Adderdawn blinked once before bolting from his dead halt, racing paws clearing what little distance was left between them in moments. He came to the top of a small rise in the earth, ready to charge on when he assessed the path ahead, but Flutterpetal was there. A tree-length or so away, down nearer to the border… Standing. Not bloodied. Not slain by someone with an unfounded grudge. Just confused. Just… talking to some tortoiseshell.

Distrust narrowed his eyes to slits. Adderdawn held his place on the crest, staring down at them for a few quiet moments while the terror left him. Adrenaline still pumped through his blood, making his paws tingle and feel vaguely numb, but the sick, sick fear was gone. Breathing deep through his nose, the dark tom pushed forward, trotting until he caught up to his brother. The only thing he heard was the question of if their visitor– ThunderClan, another inhale told him, which only gave more questions than answers. Golden eyes watched Flutterpetal for a ponderous moment before turning on the tortoiseshell.

“It’s late, and you’re far from your territory.” Adderdawn spoke plainly. She looked like she’d run for her life to get here. The thought made his tail lash once. “I’m sorry. Clearly, you two know each other,” he glanced briefly at Flutterpetal again, “but it’s concerning to have a strange warrior come screaming to a border she has no business being near. What are you doing here? Why are you looking for him?” Adderdawn stepped further forward, standing fully at Flutterpetal's side. The ThunderClanner seemed too rattled for him to be truly cold towards (familiarity with his brother helped, too), but suspicion was clear in his drawn expression and bunched muscles. “I don't know why you're here, but you shouldn't be. You shouldn't linger, since you already are. I assume you can imagine why.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

PostSubject: Re: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 10:11 pm

Murkyripple
“I welcome the shadows like a long-lost friend.”

Tears seemed to instantly sting at her vibrant orange eyes as she desperately searched for that dark-pelted, flower-scented tom. Her legs just wanted to keep going,running, never even stopping beyond the moors. Was this what a Windclan cat felt? That unsatiable need to just run? That didn't matter, she had to stop. Her legs and claws dug into the ground below, willing herself to become the roots of a tree as the view of other cats came into view. The tortoiseshell's ability to stop on a dime was perhaps the only visual cue of her homelands, and the reminder of her true home internally burned. Her lungs seared from the way her legs had carried her, had brought her to flee and yowl. Yowl for the remnants of the only friendship she could even slightly think to pull on at the moment.

It caught up to her once she was face-to-face with the tom, the anguish clear on her face and practically illuminated in the sunset. Gone was the queen that had been crowned with the circlet of lavender, and similarly, the crown had been lost as well. Her pelt that was feathered and silky had snags of the undergrowth in it, mud even dampening her paws as she hadn't even considered where she placed her feet as she had ran. Her ears seemed to never leave her skull, as if they were now permanently pinned there. "I needed- need you." The words... they didn't come to her tongue easily.

Why was she here?

She had learned from her mother that friends were a source of comfort. Someone to lean on, to trust in a time of need. Murkyripple felt that had been ripped away from her in her Clan, and they were all hurting. Her mother was hurting. Her mother leaned on her to help clean up the damages of the broken shards of the Clan that had seemed to be nothing but shattered over and over during this past moon, and she couldn't keep holding them together. It was too much for her to bear. Just all too much. But Flutterpetal... he had helped make her feel whole again, if even for a short while. Perhaps he could help her once more. Surely, that had been why she came.

The sight of another - stars, she had hoped there wouldn't be another cat that had come across her. What was she thinking? She came yowling into unfamiliar territory, across an open sea of grasslands. She was the daughter of not one, but two leaders. Of course her voice would carry, she would garner attention, and face the penalty for her trespassing. A cruel twist in her mind accepted that fate, wondering if whoever the stalking feline beside him would grant her relief of her heartache. From his movements, he looked like a snake ready to strike, and had she not been so out of sorts, perhaps she would have recognized the way the shadows seemed to cling to him, too.

It took her claws embedding themselves firmly within the earth to keep her upright, but her entire body displayed her emotions of defeat. "I do not- I cannot... Thunderclan..." She only continued to trip over her words, and the otherwise mighty feline looked no better than the young molly she truly was. For all of her work to greatness, this was one one fatal flaw she had been dealt. Unfortunately for Murkyripple, she was learning with true claws just how deep that flaw went, how easily it toppled her over. "I came for... I... I need a companion." Somehow they came out. Did they still make sense? Not in its entirety. The tortoiseshell of the shadows, reduced to nothing in the sunlight. It was somehow fitting.

Murkyripple would get nowhere in focusing on the strange tom next to Flutterpetal, who smelled of the moors, but had a heart to his scent that seemed to almost match the tom that she came seeking. "Flutterpetal... how... how do you fix a broken heart?" The question was raw. No possible words or descriptors could possibly attempt to explain the way those words flit from her lips, but its core was clear: that was why she was here. She wasn't truly asking him how to fix it. It wasn't his job. But moreso... this was her plea for help. She just hope she chose the right set of ears.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:08 pm

As Murkyripple grew closer, Flutterpetal couldn't help but notice how different she looked compared to the past two times they'd met. Her fur was unkempt, her eyes were wild, and there was no sign of the lavender crown. Mud-coated, panting, ears pinned back, each breath heaving with some kind of desperation dragging her forward. She seemed as confused about where she was as he did. The words rolling over themselves to escape her tongue entered his ears belatedly, as all he could do was stare and try to comprehend. This was his same friend who had previously been so composed. Even when tear-stained, her orange gaze had never looked so frenzied. What could have happened for her to be so distraught? She said she needed him. It sounded like she truly believed it. But what was wrong? How could he help? Shifting his weight from paw to paw, he felt like he was waiting on tenterhooks for the sudden overflow of understanding that would help him know what to do next.

The sound of pawsteps behind him made him flinch, tearing his singular focus from his concerningly wild-eyed friend to the other cat he'd somehow forgotten about. His patrol companion. His brother. Adderdawn stood just behind him, golden gaze narrowed as he looked between Murkyripple and Flutterpetal, as if trying to piece together the apparent bond that made the two of them know each other by name. Flutterpetal realized with a quiet sting of guilt that he had refrained from mentioning his ThunderClan friend to his brother. It hadn't been on purpose; the topic had simply never come up, and it had only been recently that they'd even met. He hadn't believed that something like this would happen so soon--let alone happen at all. But this would obviously look bad for him. At least it was his brother, rather than some cat who would immediately run to the leader. Still, Flutterpetal couldn't keep his fur from prickling uncomfortably as he met Adder's confused, unhappy eyes.

It wasn't wrong of Adderdawn to demand Murkyripple's explanation. Flutterpetal wanted to know, too. He was grateful that his brother held his claws back, and very aware that it was likely only for his sake that he did so. This situation had swiftly gone from mildly concerning to genuinely distressing. As the intruding she-cat spoke again, Flutterpetal felt his gaze drawn back to her, and he knew that his light green eyes bore every ounce of the worry that his fast-beating heart was pumping through his blood. She was saying words. None of them strung together coherently, but somehow they formed a picture that he didn't have too much trouble seeing--especially because of how deep their previous conversation at Fourtrees had been. She was the daughter of Nightstar and Mottlestar who felt like she couldn't fit in anywhere. As the name of her home Clan fell from her mouth, it seemed full of too many emotions to unpack. Perhaps something bad had happened to her. Maybe too many unkind words, maybe stress from the tensions with WindClan or ShadowClan--maybe something he couldn't even comprehend. Whatever it was, it must have been the last straw for her to sprint all the way across the forest as if a fire had been lit under her tail. The next two sentences didn't seem to fit together either. She needed a companion... and she asked him faintly how one could fix a broken heart.

The sentiments, though he could only try his best to piece them together with what little knowledge he had, struck true to his own feelings. He'd had enough struggles of his own--enough dark nights staring at the stars--enough times staring at a friend's corpse--enough sleepless mornings feeling abandoned--that he thought he could understand at least the emotional state she was coming from, if nothing else. The way that she kept glancing around made him feel as if she wanted to run off again. However, though he still felt tense, torn between his brother's hot breath on his shoulder and the trembling she-cat in front of him, Flutterpetal forced himself to focus. "I'm here," he told Murkyripple. The words came out steadier than he felt they had any right to be, though concern still wavered beneath them. "I'm not sure... what you mean by a companion. But I'm your friend. If you need something, you--you can ask. Take a deep breath. No one will attack you." At the word, he glanced behind him again, looking at Adderdawn. His brother still seemed lost, unsure whether to charge forward with unsheathed claws or run for the hills. For now, he was frozen mid-lunge, ready to take either course of action at the drop of a leaf. Flutterpetal studied him for a moment before pressing his nose to his brother's cheek. "She's... a friend. It's okay. She's like... like Honeylight." His voice was quiet, apologetic, and uncertain. This might be too much, even for Adder. Flutterpetal wasn't sure how to solve either problem before him, let alone mediate between the two of them. His eyes darted between the two of them again, before landing back on Murkyripple. "How to fix a broken heart... I don't know. I struggle too. But what's always helped me is to have someone listen. I'm--I'm listening." It might not be enough, but he could only offer what he could. The tension in his shoulders did not relax. Though he trusted both Adderdawn and Murkyripple, he felt like one wrong word from him could cause an eruption between the two. What... what was he supposed to do?

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: get me out of this misery [closed]   get me out of this misery [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

get me out of this misery [closed]
Page 1 of 1