Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Am I a shrew? (s)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

Am I a shrew? (s) Empty
PostSubject: Am I a shrew? (s)   Am I a shrew? (s) EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 18:24

A golden kit lay sprawled out just in front of the nursery, soaking in the wonderful day's heat. She was alone today. Copperkit was nowhere to be seen, probably off learning how to be a warrior if Shrewkit had to guess, and Cedarkit was... Well, probably hiding somewhere that she couldn't find him. Cloudykit was inside taking a nap with Blazefang, something that did seem appealing, but not this moment. Maybe a bit later she would join them. Shrewkit's eyes drooped slightly as she continued to take in the happenings around camp. Warriors and apprentices were grooming themselves, some of them were doing, well, something. Honestly, she had no clue what most of them were doing. It seemed like today would be boring, perhaps a quick nap in the sun would remedy that.

Just as Shrewkit was closing her eyes, a group of cats appeared in the entrance to camp, fresh prey tucked in most of their maws. The sunny spot was vacant in the next moment. Shrewkit was upon the warriors in mere seconds, peppering each one with questions about what they had caught, one warrior in particular giving the correct answer. "A shrew? You have one?! I wanna see!" The warrior rolled his eyes, clearly not in the mood for Shrewkit's antics, though he still dropped the prey for her. Green eyes were fixed on the thing that dropped. The she-kit stared long and hard at the prey, long enough that the warrior started clearing his throat, a sign that he was ready to move on. She wasn't, however. Tears welled in the kit's eyes, was this really what Blazefang had named her after? "This is a shrew? This ugly little thing? It looks like it yells for fun, it looks annoying! Mama named me after this thing?" Stars, its shriek could probably destroy a warrior's ears! Does mama think I'm ugly? Does she think I'm annoying?

Before she could continue ranting about how ugly it was, the warrior scooped it up. He muttered something along the lines of Smart cat, she knew you would be annoying the moment you were born. Shrewkit's lips wobbled slightly as tears began to spill from her eyes. Was that true? Was she just an ugly annoying little kit? No, it couldn't be! Shrewkit rushed back to the nursery, back to where Blazefang and Cloudykit were still sleeping. She barreled right into Blazefang's side, burying her face in the queen's soft fur. "Mama, do you think I'm ugly?" There was no response other than Blazefang's snoring. She hadn't even woken Cloudykit, which was odd, but... Copper thinks I'm cute at least. That's all that matters. Those thoughts did not comfort her, but they were all she had. Copperpaw wasn't here to comfort her either, and she didn't want to wake Blazefang just so she could deal with her annoying little kit worrying about such idiotic thoughts. Shrewkit knew what her mother's answer would be, what it had to be. Slowly, she curled up beside Blazefang, her face still buried in her mother's fur, and closed her eyes. Maybe when she woke up Copperpaw would be next to her, maybe she was sensing Shrewkit's distress from wherever she was. Yes, she would be here soon.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Am I a shrew? (s) Output12                   Am I a shrew? (s) Output10                          Am I a shrew? (s) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down

Am I a shrew? (s)
Page 1 of 1