Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i am lost; i am found [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1536

i am lost; i am found [c] Empty
PostSubject: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 17:04

CREEK-KIT • SHADOWCLAN • ♂︎

Creek-kit never got to know his mother. He was told that she had passed on to StarClan while giving birth to him and his two siblings, who also drew no breath once they had entered the world. He knew he was being passed around from queen to queen in the nursery, anyone that could--and would--care for him until he was old enough to be weaned. It only bothered him a little bit; if he had never known her in the first place, what was he missing out on?

He was quiet and shy, preferring to watch the other kits play instead of joining in. Other queens pushed him to socialize, but he was much more content to observe and learn that way. While the louder kits romped around the nursery, a moss ball rolled over to him, bumping against his paws. Blinking, he prodded at it curiously, pushing it back and forth under his tiny forepaw. Creek-kit's gaze wandered out to the nursery opening and further beyond into camp, spotting a couple of apprentices and their mentors returning from training.

It got him thinking, was apprenticeship fun? It certainly seemed more interesting than hanging around the nursery. Batting the moss ball back towards the other kits, Creek-kit got to his feet and crept over to the nursery entrance. He was old enough to leave, he figured, plus he had no mother to reprimand him. One small pawstep after the other, and the pointed tomkit found himself out in the middle of camp. What happened next, now that he was out here? He hunched down into himself, feeling suddenly miniscule as he stared around.

for Tawnyshadow/Copperbeans!
sometimes i give myself the creeps;

i am lost; i am found [c] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 17:59

Tawnyshadow returned from patrol, two mice swinging from her jaws. As she brought them towards the nursery, she spotted a small kit standing not too far from the nursery entrance. He seemed scared, shrinking into his own pelt. Wasn't that the kit that had recently lost his mother? Dawnbright's story was similar; having lost both her mother and littermates at birth, and no one knew the father. Actually, it was her story as well, but she never took the time to brood on it...

She had. She remembered now: as a kit, before she could focus on anything like training or hunting, the topic of her mother had haunted her. And now this kit was probably experiencing the exact same thing. Her softened just a bit to allow a little care for this kit. After passing the mice to the queens, Tawnyshadow took a bundle of feathers in her mouth and dropped it close to the kit. "Hello there, my name's Tawnyshadow, what's yours?" She asked as gently as she could. Seems like she'll be taking another ward soon.

Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 6:53

Paws approached him, and a gentle voice introduced herself as Tawnyshadow as a bundle of feathers dropped before him. The little tomkit raised his gaze from the ground to peer up at her, surprised that someone, anyone, would be talking to little ol' him. He took a moment to find his voice, the noise coming out in a kit-like squeak. "Hi, um...I'm Creek-kit."

The feathers were pretty and fluffy, and he poked at one with a little paw. Were these for him? No one had ever given him anything before, which...made something stir in his heart in a bad way. A bad feeling. Creek-kit looked back up into the warrior's face with wide blue eyes, managing a tiny smile of hopefulness. "Tawnyshadow, are these for me...? They're very pretty."

notes here

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 17:46

Creekkit was surprised that she had given him feathers? Wasn't the rest of the queens in charge of taking care of Creekkit as well as their own kits? Why hadn't anyone given him something to play with? It was common knowledge that clan cats begin training when they are kits, their muscles toned as they played with their denmates. There was no room for weaklings lying around.

"Yes, those are for you," Tawnyshadow confirmed, "Why don't you try playing with it?"

Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 18:57

Tawnyshadow was nice, he decided. He nodded and backed up a bit, almost tripping over his own paws. Creek-kit sprang up into a pounce and planted his pinprick claws squarely on the bundle of feathers. Little fibers of the feathers puffed up and blew away with the impact and he watched them float in the air with a little grin. Being asked to play with something felt a bit...forced, but he had to admit it was kinda fun. It did feel weird that the molly was standing there watching him, so he looked up at her expectantly. "Tawnyshadow...? Do you wanna maybe, uh, play with me? I can go get a mossball from the nursery if you want." Blinking, he waited for her response, holding his breath a moment in the hopes that she would say yes.

notes here

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 22:07

Thankfully, Creekkit's abilities didn't seem to be severly lacking from lack of use. "Of course I would like to play with you," Tawnyshadow replied automatically. She had some free time anyway since she had already completed two patrols, and caring for the future members of Shadowclan were just as important as any other duty. The thought of having kits herself crossed her mind; there weren't many kits in Shadowclan at the moment, and she had just admitted that having kits were an important role. She quickly pushed that thought away; she didn't even have a mate, and she still had an apprentice to train. Perhaps in the future... For now, Creekkit was cute enough for her.

Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 11:29

Creek-kit broke into a wide grin, happy that he had finally found a friend. "Oh, oh good...! I'll be right back--" He hurried off to the nursery and grabbed one of the spare mossballs that littered the nests. He managed to grip it in his mouth well enough, trotting back to Tawnyshadow with joy in his eyes. The pointed tomkit dropped it by the molly's paws. "This one hasn't been used too much yet, it's still in a good shape. What should we play? Catch? Or Keepie-Uppie? That one is fun, have you played that one before?"

notes here

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 16:36

Tawnyshadow couldn't help but smile at the joy in the kit's eyes. She tipped her head to the side at the mention of a game called... Keepie-Uppie? "I don't think I've played that game before. Could you show me how it's done?" She asked politely. She never played such games as a kid, as far as she was concerned.

Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] EmptyMon 29 May 2023 - 9:38

"Oh, sure! It's easy, you just--" He batted the mossball up into the air, skipping and dancing around to make sure it didn't touch the ground. He finally hooked it with little kitten claws, holding it with his forepaws against the ground. "You gotta keep it off the ground, that's it! If it touches the ground you lose. Here, your turn...!" Creek-kit tossed it Tawnyshadow's way, preparing himself to bat it back with a little wiggle of his rump.

notes here

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i am lost; i am found [c]   i am lost; i am found [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

i am lost; i am found [c]