Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Strongest Tree[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

The Strongest Tree[C] Empty
PostSubject: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyWed 24 May 2023 - 18:29

Copperkit had met a few more of her clanmates in the past moon then she had expected, though it was both a good and a bad thing. Good that she got to know so many new faces, bad because now so many faces know her's. It was much easier to observe from a distance rather than join in... and so that was what she was doing. Shrewkit had spoken highly of the new kit, and that only raised the tortoiseshell's curiousity even more. Cedarkit... it wasn't hard finding the dark pelt among her littermates' much brighter ones.

As a habit now, she picked a flower before approaching the tom. The flower was plain white, and didn't look much by itself, but she was sure Cedarkit's dark fur would only enhance it's beauty further. "Hello," she called sweetly to the kit, hoping not to startle him, "Cedarkit, right? I'm Copperkit."

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyWed 24 May 2023 - 22:24

Cedarkit

Stats: 10 HP / 30 SP

Cedarkit quietly watched the clan hustle and bustle from a sheltered spot near the nursery. He didn't quite know where Shrewkit had gotten off to, but he assumed she was having fun, wherever she was. That kit really knew how to make things fun. Cedarkit felt like quite her opposite sometimes. Though, he hadn't done too poorly if he was honest with himself...regardless, he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself. All of the birds were away, hiding from the clan, and it was a pretty clear day, so no cloud watching.

Just as he had resigned himself to yet another day of boredom, a somewhat familiar voice caught his attention. For a moment, Cedarkit thought that Shrewkit had finally shown up, but upon closer inspection, he realized that it was Shrewkit's sister, Copperkit. He didn't know the she-kit personally, just through the few things Shrewkit had said about her.

The red and white kit straightened, suddenly concerned about his posture now that he knew someone was paying attention. "Oh, yeah, that's me. You're Shrewkit's sister..." The tom paused awkwardly, not sure where this was going. He eyed the little white flower, curious, but not willing to say anything about it. "Did you need this spot? I can move if you want."

Mostly, Cedarkit didn't want an awkward interaction. He'd noticed that Copperkit also tended toward the sidelines, so maybe she wanted this spot so she could observe their clanmates? Not that he would blame her. The shade from the nursery, the perfect view of basically the entire clearing, it really was the ideal spot to pick up on some fun gossip.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 1:44

Cedarkit was surprised that she had talked to him, immediatley assuming that she had wanted the spot he was in. Copperkit held back a small and shook her head. She recognized her own easily flustered self in the tom, which was relieving, amusing and even scary. The small she-kit stepped forward and gently tucked the flower behind his ears. She stepped back to give the tom some space, but offered him yet another sweet smile.

"I want to get to know you,"
She answered at last. It was true, she supposed, that she wanted to know him, but that wasn't all there is to it, isn't it?

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 9:19

Cedarkit

Cedarkit's brows furrowed and he looked Copperkit up and down before shrugging in acceptance. He felt bad for being in such a foul mood today, but he wasn't sure how to be better. Some days felt harder than others. On a day like today, he just wanted to curl up into a ball, sleep, and dream that his dad was still in Thunderclan - struggling with the loss of Cedarkit's mama, but willing to be there for his sole kit. Sometimes, Cedarkit wondered why his father would leave. He hardly remembered the tom, but he could recall his scent, his eyes, and the way he used to groom Cedarkit's fluffy pelt.

The young tom was jerked from his thoughts as he suddenly noticed Copperkit much closer than she had been. He went still, curious to see what she was doing, and also not wanting to offend her by moving away. Once she stepped back, he noticed two things, the flower she had was gone and something was tucked behind his ear.

Cedarkit glanced up, trying to see the little white flower, but it was out of sight. Not gone, he just couldn't see it. He looked at Copperkit uncertainly but scooched over to make room for her in the shade. "Okay..." He trailed off, then added - "And I'm sorry for being so prickly." The red tom didn't offer an explanation for his behavior, though. He didn't feel that it was neccessary.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 19:46

Cedarkit was prickly, confused, wary, and still trying to be nice. A small part in Copperkit wanted to push it, to see how far she could go, to push all her anger to Cedarkit and see his reaction. Some days she wanted nothing more than to scream and argue with someone, but the words never came. "It's okay," She replied, her chest seeming too full at the moment. Forcing the smile back to her face, she wondered for a moment if Cedarkit would catch the sadness in her smile or the anger in her eyes, but she pushed away such thoughts. You aren't sad or angry, just desperate for attention, she scolded herself, stop being so fake for once and do your thing.

Copperkit settled into a loaf, tucking her front paws under her chest and wrapping her tail around her body. As she had thought, the flower looked good against Cedarkit's red fur. "What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be deputy," She asked suddenly. Embarrassment washed over her as she realized what she had just said. Mouse-brained, no, no-brained move, she groaned in her mind. Why bother asking him, he clearly doesn't want to talk with you. And deputy, of all things? Now he'll think you're some sort of arrogant furball. And it's not like you'll ever be good enough to be deputy, or even warrior.

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 20:16

Cedarkit

A short, somewhat tense silence filled the space, making Cedarkit slightly uncomfortable. He watched Copperkit closely, noticing the subtle changes in her body language and stiffened, suddenly feeling a rush of clarity as he examined the other kit. He was surprised he hadn't noticed it sooner - he knew he looked the same way sometimes when his thoughts got too loud.

However, Copperkit was definitely much better at pushing it down. He wanted to say something - but what? It seemed unlikely that Copperkit would appreciate him pushing his way into her business, much less trying to psychoanalyze her. He would, however, try to be nicer to her.

It felt wrong to be relieved, though, when Copperkit finally spoke again. He cocked his head to the side, curious. Deputy, huh? He could see it, actually. Even now, as a kit, she was capable of pushing her feelings aside as needed. Not necessarily a good thing, but probably something a deputy or leader would have to do a lot. He smiled softly and settled down as well. "I think it's good to have dreams like that...you'd make a good deputy."

He paused then, unsure about what he wanted to do when he grew up. He'd never actually thought about it before, having spent the last moon or so moping around the camp like a useless lump of fur. The young tom's brows furrowed, and he looked away suddenly. He wondered what everyone thought of him - the orphaned kit that hung around the camp like a shadow.

After a long minute, Cedarkit shrugged, "I...actually haven't thought much about it. I guess I'll be a warrior? Nobody's ever asked me that before."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 19:42

Copperkit was surprised and pleased when Cedarkit said that she would make a good deputy. Really...? Wait, no, he's probably just saying to humour me. No one would be dumb enough to actually believe that I could grow up to be anything. And the dream to be a warrior... a simple dream, but a valuable one all the same. She tipped her head to the side, carefully watching the tom. "I'm sure you'll make a great warrior," She answered automatically.

Cedarkit had the potential to grow into a strong cat, having already a broader shoulder than most kits his age. Besides that, he had a serious aura around him, as well as keen eyes. Copperkit wouldn't be surprised if he became one of the best warriors in Thunderclan when he grew up. He did always seem to be sulking, though. "Are you thinking about your parents?" The tortoiseshell asked.

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 20:32

Cedarkit

Cedarkit dipped his head gratefully but didn't respond. He knew that at the very least, he'd make for an acceptable warrior because if not, he'd be of no use to Thunderclan. The mere idea of being useless made his skin crawl like there were ants in his fur. What if he never learned how to hunt? What if he was horrible at fighting or tracking? Would he be banished or kicked out? What would his mother think?

She was probably up there, somewhere, watching out for him and rooting him on. Knowing that she could see him at any given moment was frightening...he was afraid he'd fail and let her down.

However, what Copperkit said next caught him of guard, yanking him from his thoughts. He looked oddly at the she-kit, trying not to let his fur bristle indignantly. Though she wasn't wrong, he didn't like that she was able to guess as much just by looking at him. The tom had hardly ever spoken to anyone about his parents, especially after his father left. Cats seemed to look at him with pity all of the time and no one wanted to deal with poor little Cedarkit who had no family.

He shifted awkwardly, then sighed. Maybe Copperkit was asking because she was curious...or concerned. He did tend to mope around a lot. "Just wondering what they would say if they were here. I don't think they'd be happy with my behavior." He looked away uncertainly, then, in a bid to divert the attention away from himself - "What about you? What're you thinking about? Sometimes...sometimes you look really sad."

Since Copperkit didn't mind crossing certain lines, he assumed she wouldn't be to upset if he asked about some things as well. Besides...he could relate to her. Though, Cedarkit wasn't really sure if that was a good thing or not.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 21:26

Cedarkit seemed uncomfortable about the topic. Copperkit winced as she recalled her words. Just how insensitive could she be? Couldn't she just think for a second before she said something? "I don't think they'll be upset about your behavior. Isn't that warrior, Goldenfern, also mopping after the loss of her brother? It's normal to mourn, isn't it? That's why the Warrior Code allows cats to share tongues with their loved ones one last time before they pass on," Copperkit mewed, her tongue running with her mind. Isn't that why it exists? Starclan must miss their loved ones as well, so that's why they can see us from up there, isn't it? Because if they didn't care they wouldn't look down at everything they've lost when they died.

Cedarkit's next question shook her out of her thoughts. The tortoiseshell sat there, speechless. What would she say? Part of her wanted to just pour everything out, to get Cedarkit to understand what she's been through. But that other part would remind her that she hadn't been through anything, that her life is so much better than Cedarkit's in so many ways, and that she was just seeking attention and pity. Disgust at herself kept her heart shut, and all that came out was, "Sometimes, I wish I could see my older siblings. Blazefang says that she was always so proud of them, but they all died so early on. Sunfire, who was the closest to Goldenfern, passed on just sunrises before I was born. I always feel sad when I see that look of grief on Blazefang's face."

As soon as the lie was uttered, Copperkit's heart crumbled. Liar. The word felt as if it had been seared into her skin, branded for enternity. You didn't even care about Blazefang's grief until now. You only use it as an excuse to save your own pelt. You didn't want to admit your mistakes, your so many sins, and lied. Could you possibly be more selfish?

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 12:29

Cedarkit

Cedarkit hummed thoughtfully, trying to fully consider Copperkit's words. He kind of understood what she meant, but his situation was different. Goldenfern's brother had died...a cat she had known her entire life. Whereas he had never gotten a chance to know his mom. She had died the day he was born. As for his father...he'd only known the warrior for - at most - a moon. He didn't think he deserved all this time and space to mourn the loss of parents he never knew.

Even worse, everyone always seemed to tread on eggshells around him and he wasn't sure if it was because of his bad temper, or because they thought he would fall apart at the first mention of his parents. If he was honest with himself, he had already accepted not having a momma. It was the sting of knowing that his father had decided to abandon him.

Regardless, what was done was done and there was nothing he could do about it. Copperkit was an easy distraction from his painful thoughts, so he focused on her, curious to hear her response. As she spoke, Cedarkit's chest tightened. He hadn't known the dead warrior had been her older brother...

"I-I'm really sorry Copperkit. I didn't know." Cedarkit silently chastised himself, ashamed to have been so caught up in his own problems that he was oblivious to everyone else's. The young tom blinked sympathetically at Copperkit. He could understand what she was feeling, on some level anyway. "I know its not the same...but I can sort of understand I think."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 22:13

Cedarkit's reaction to her lie only made it worse. Lair. Pushing down the urge to run or puke, Copperkit tried her best to put on a sad smile. "It's okay, I never mentioned it, and Shrewkit probably didn't either. Guess we aren't all that different after all, hmm?" She laughed it off. Eager to change the topic, Copperkit continued, "Speaking of Shrewkit, what do you think of her?"

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 12:34

Cedarkit

Cedarkit frowned, his bushy tail curling uncomfortably around his paws. He'd said the wrong thing, hadn't he? Copperkit looked arguably more upset than before. The tom nodded along, only half hearing what Copperkit was saying. Things seemed so much simpler with Shrewkit - they could run and play with little to worry about.

But Copperkit was a different story. There was some deep sadness in her eyes...along with other things Cedarkit couldn't quite put a name to. Gah! So stupid! Why did he care anyway!? It wasn't like they were littermates, or even friends! Still...he felt connected to her, in a way. Maybe it was because they were so scarily similar to each other?

Regardless, it wasn't Cedarkit's job to fix everything. Some cats just needed to figure things out themselves. At least, that's what Cedarkit told himself anyway.

Cedarkit flinched, suddenly jerked from his thoughts at the mention of Shrewkit. The red kit blinked, trying to remember what Copperkit had said up to that point. Something about...what he thought of her? Hopefully that was it. He didn't want Copperkit to think he was ignoring her.

Clearing his throat, Cedarkit shrugged. "I like Shrewkit, she's a lot of fun..." He paused, then met Copperkit's gaze. You two are pretty similar...but not at the same time." Cedarkit scratched at the ground awkwardly, trying to find the right words. "But I haven't been able to talk to her like this. She's good at making me forget why I'm sad. You're good at helping cats feel better when their sad."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 17:10

Copperkit found herself speechless yet again at Cedarkit's words. "Well, I suppose you're right," She said, though her insides were utter chaos. What does he mean, 'make him feel better'? Is he laughing at something I said or did that he thinks was a joke? Did he mean I talk to others well? Thinking back on her previous experiences, she doubted it was the latter. If there was ever something she lacked other than intelligence, it would be social skills.

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] EmptyMon 29 May 2023 - 9:37

Cedarkit

Still uncomfortable, Cedarkit looked away before eventually nodding. He was right, he knew he was. Copperkit was kind, thoughtful, and she always seemed to put others' emotions before her own. At least, that was what he'd noticed in these past few moons. Usually, he would sit on the edge of the camp and observe his clanmates...was that creepy?

Well, he hadn't been doing it to be weird, he just wanted to get to know his clanmates better without actually talking to them. Ah, maybe that was weird.

Cedarkit sighed, not sure how to break the tense silence between him and Copperkit. Maybe there was no way to break it. Maybe he'd never be able to hold a real conversation with another cat...what if all he was good for was a temporary distraction from one's troubles? What if he never learned how to comfort someone or talk to them one on one?

No, this kind of thought process wouldn't do him any good. Still, the thoughts continued to worm past his defenses, burrowing into his mind to plant little seeds of doubt. He just wasn't cut out for this.

Suddenly, Cedarkit screwed his eyes shut and batted a paw playfully at Copperkit's shoulder. "Sorry. I'm no good at this. I really meant what I said though." The tom spoke haltingly, his eyes still closed as if not being able to see Copperkit would mean that she wouldn't be able to see him.

"I can tell you're a good sister and a good friend...maybe, when we're apprentices anyway, we can help each other out?" Cedarkit's ear flattened against his head and he grimanced. "I mean...like - uhh..."

He hesitated, reaching for the right thing to say. "We can lean on eachother!...Y'know? Whenever we're sad or upset." Stupid, stupid, stupid! What was he even saying? Copperkit had an entire family who would be there for her. Did she really need another cat pestering her?

Still...that didn't mean that Cedarkit couldn't try to be friends with her - at the very least.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tree[C]   The Strongest Tree[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Strongest Tree[C]
Page 1 of 1